• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

JBaird has mental breakdown as he invents elaborate "murder/rape" hoax (Update #4151

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keikaku

JBaird said:
Thanks. I'm gonna try to get a picture to them, but gonna talk to some people that are there first to get a full scope of what they are doing.

Good. I'll keep updating the post with contact info. Once you know more of what's going on, if you need any of the info, it'll be there for you to use.

dabig2

We're talking Ashland City, TN correct? If so, there's 2 highways she would've likely been on if her car was found 30 miles out: I40 to 249 and route 70. Route 70 is unlikely as 30 miles from the city would've found her plumped right down in Dickson, which seems like a sizable town. There's also a residential area in White Bluff on the way just some miles further down. What's interesting about this route is that there's a state park right in-between these 2 areas of interest. It's possible if they did wreck and abandon their car on this route, they might have found themselves lost in this park area if they just continued walking, but I just find this unlikely as there has been no contact for days. Surely in a state park with 2 local towns on either side they would've found somebody to help with contacts.

So 40 to 249 seems like the safest bet. It's pretty remote as unlike 70, I don't think there's a town anywhere until you get into ashland City. Plus there's a huge wildlife area on the way, which I find much more likely to get lost in, but that's only if they decided to walk the 12-15 miles to even reach that point if they indeed wrecked their cars 30 miles out from Ashland City.

There's a google street view of this entire surrounding area and I hope for their sakes they didn't venture anywhere near that wildlife area or the area between 70 and 40. Those places would scare even me and that winding spring is unsettling too, if we're talking night travel. Way too remote for what I'm guessing are 2 young women to be walking alone.

Good luck and do keep us posted. The police can do a much better job on triangulating points of interest since they know the area and the exact location of where they found the car and at what time and day it was probably totaled.

JBaird

Banned
dabig2 said:
We're talking Ashland City, TN correct? If so, there's 2 highways she would've likely been on if her car was found 30 miles out: I40 to 249 and route 70. Route 70 is unlikely as 30 miles from the city would've found her plumped right down in Dickson, which seems like a sizable town. There's also a residential area in White Bluff on the way just some miles further down. What's interesting about this route is that there's a state park right in-between these 2 areas of interest. It's possible if they did wreck and abandon their car on this route, they might have found themselves lost in this park area if they just continued walking, but I just find this unlikely as there has been no contact for days. Surely in a state park with 2 local towns on either side they would've found somebody to help with contacts.

So 40 to 249 seems like the safest bet. It's pretty remote as unlike 70, I don't think there's a town anywhere until you get into ashland City. Plus there's a huge wildlife area on the way, which I find much more likely to get lost in, but that's only if they decided to walk the 12-15 miles to even reach that point if they indeed wrecked their cars 30 miles out from Ashland City.

There's a google street view of this entire surrounding area and I hope for their sakes they didn't venture anywhere near that wildlife area or the area between 70 and 40. Those places would scare even me and that winding spring is unsettling too, if we're talking night travel. Way too remote for what I'm guessing are 2 young women to be walking alone.

Good luck and do keep us posted. The police can do a much better job on triangulating points of interest since they know the area and the exact location of where they found the car and at what time and day it was probably totaled.

Thanks for a bit of a layout of where they may be. I am not sure what to make of it other than they are lost in the wildlife area. It seems like they would of called already if they made it to any of the towns.

Although that does give me the idea to call more of the medical centers around the vicinity.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
When did her friend find the car? Was it still warm from running? Were the seatbelts intact (ie not cut)? You said all the windows were smashed out or just the rear window?

Man this is some scary stuff, hope they turn up soon.

Oh and they are not one to play pranks on you are they?

owlbeak

dabig2 said:

Only thing with this is that he said the car was found 30 miles outside of Ashland. 30 Miles out of Ashland (Ashland City) on the 40-249 route would presumably put the car around the 40-840 Interchange. That doesn't make it any less remote, but just thought I'd throw that out there. The good news about that location is that about 3.5 miles back west there are hotels and a populated area.

Salsa

Cant believe some people are actually making jokes in this thread.

I really hope they show up, man. Nothing i can do since im in pretty much on the other side of the world, but this still makes me nervous :/
Hope everything turns out ok and i wish you the best of luck, hang in there and make sure you do whatever you can :(

JBaird

Banned
xxracerxx said:
When did her friend find the car? Was it still warm from running? Were the seatbelts intact (ie not cut)? You said all the windows were smashed out or just the rear window?

Man this is some scary stuff, hope they turn up soon.

Oh and they are not one to play pranks on you are they?

I'm trying to find that out, but the one connection I have is hard to get a hold of right now and the info I have been given has been in small chunks.

Although I wish it was I doubt it's a prank.

devilhawk said:
There seems to be an Ashland and an Ashland City. Both are outside of Nashville. Which one are you referring to?

Well shit I have no idea. I just was told Ashland, I had no idea there were two of them. I'll have to figure that out too.

owlbeak

Ashland, Tennessee appears to just be a dead end road in the middle of nowhere when input to google. Ashland City is an actual place, so I would assume that's what they meant.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
Have you called the cops and not just the friend?

If you want to figure this out I suggest calling them as well.

Keikaku

I'm falling asleep at my keyboard, or else I would keep updating the list of contact numbers. Would some GAFfer please take over the list that I've been compiling on the previous page (Note: I am on 100 post/per page format, so the post in question may be on page 2 for some of you).

I've been going through the list, taking the station initials/letters and putting it in Google, going to the website and updating with the contact numbers. If anyone feels up to it, please take it over.

JBaird

Banned
Horsebite said:
Ashland, Tennessee appears to just be a dead end road in the middle of nowhere when input to google. Ashland City is an actual place, so I would assume that's what they meant.

Yeah seems its Ashland City.

xxracerxx said:
Have you called the cops and not just the friend?

If you want to figure this out I suggest calling them as well.

The friend called the police. If I don't get an update soon I'm gonna end up calling the police to see whats going on. Then again I'm gonna most likely do that anyway.

JBaird

Banned
Man looking at the last 30 miles till the city is pretty depressing with very little human presence in the area making it a very long walk for someone that could be injured.

owlbeak

JBaird said:
The friend called the police. If I don't get an update soon I'm gonna end up calling the police to see whats going on. Then again I'm gonna most likely do that anyway.
I'd call them anyway ASAP. The more people aware of her missing will likely get them on it faster, I'd assume. But I have no idea how cases are prioritized.

JBaird said:
Man looking at the last 30 miles till the city is pretty depressing with very little human presence in the area making it a very long walk for someone that could be injured.
It's only bad if she would have kept walking toward Ashland. I would hope she would have walked back the way they had come (which is what most people do when they have to walk for help, since they already know what they passed). Assuming the car was found 30 miles out of Ashland City on the most likely route, 3.5 miles back down 40 west there are hotels and a populated area.

If she is on the road (no way would anyone leave the road) in either direction then she should be found soon if the cops are looking. Too many unknowns about where and how to make out what exactly is going on here.

wolfmat

Confirmed Asshole
Keikaku said:
I'm falling asleep at my keyboard, or else I would keep updating the list of contact numbers. Would some GAFfer please take over the list that I've been compiling on the previous page (Note: I am on 100 post/per page format, so the post in question may be on page 2 for some of you).

I've been going through the list, taking the station initials/letters and putting it in Google, going to the website and updating with the contact numbers. If anyone feels up to it, please take it over.
That's admirable, but really not necessary. You just need the big news networks in the area for immediate news. And it really just pans out if the story is "hot" (I'm really sorry, but that's how it is). The "hotness" depends on the circumstances. Since OP has few details, I suspect that any respectable news network would rely on info from the police exclusively.
So they contact the police to confirm. What they get as a reply is completely dependant on the state of the investigation. And THAT is what ends up on the news.
After a day or two, the police will eventually contact the press anyhow to get volunteers for search parties and stuff like that; depends on their findings and the circumstances, of course.

So OP can only make a push for press coverage in association with the police, really. It's a matter of press integrity at the very least.
That is why he has to clear his efforts in that regard with those guys; otherwise, it's probably fruitless.

And at that point, he could as well ask the cops for the right phone numbers.

owlbeak

JBaird - did you try searching the local newspaper and tv stations web sites for her name? Might be worth a shot, I'd be glad to help if you want to pass her name along. Feel free to PM me if you don't want to post it.

NoRéN

Horsebite said:
JBaird - did you try searching the local newspaper and tv stations web sites for her name? Might be worth a shot, I'd be glad to help if you want to pass her name along. Feel free to PM me if you don't want to post it.
Or at least pass along the initials or car make and model. This way, hopefully if Tennessee-GAF sees anything in the media, they can provide more info.

Billen

Banned
JBaird said:

Contact all local newspapers and radiostations. Once you have, give the names of the ones you have contacted. If you want to, I am sure us GAFers could help you flaming them if needed to help getting pictures posted/getting it mentioned on radio.

And yeah, if you need some help getting there remember that there's a bunch of us willing to help out.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
I really hope I wake up to some good news with this thread tomorrow. This situation is just horrible. I still freak out sometimes when my mom doesn't pick up her phone/call me within the day. So to know a loved one has gone missing in this sort of fashion is just...... I couldn't even imagine. So horrible :(

Tonight I will pray for your girlfriend and her sister.

Socreges

Banned
Skiesofwonder said:
I really hope I wake up to some good news with this thread tomorrow.
Same. Gonna subscribe, though I imagine this thread will stay on or near the first page for the next while.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
All windows being busted out sounds like what the fire department would've done to remove them from the car.

Has anyone there tried calling all of the hospitals in the area? Being 30 miles out of town may mean that they'd have been taken to a hospital in another direction.

UFRA

K.Jack said:
All windows being busted out sounds like what the fire department would've done to remove them from the car.

Has anyone there tried calling all of the hospitals in the area? Being 30 miles out of town may mean that they'd have been taken to a hospital in another direction.

If there was some kind of emergency response to the vehicle, the police dispatch (which the OP says someone called) would have known about this and could give him info.

Also, they wouldn't just leave the car wherever it is. They'd clean it up.

So, it's safe to assume that whatever happened, no emergency crews knew about it until the OP or others reported it after finding an unoccupied vehicle.

Unless in TN they do things very differently, but I'd doubt it...at the very least the car would be tagged for removal in the morning.

tekumseh

a mass of phermones, hormones and adrenaline just waiting to explode
Even if they were hospitalized somewhere, HIPAA regulations would make the dissemination of any of their condtion information to the OP illegal. No reason to even begin on how badly that sucks, but so it is...

devilhawk

tekumseh said:
Even if they were hospitalized somewhere, HIPAA regulations would make the dissemination of any of their condtion information to the OP illegal. No reason to even begin on how badly that sucks, but so it is...
He could find out that they are in fact in the hospital.

Fritz

tekumseh said:

That's what I was thinking. OP, since you said both her parents are deceased, do you know who her next relatives are and can you contact them?

giga

Best of luck to you and your loved ones. I'm sure they're ok, but just out of contact for now. Hang in there.

Dresden

K.Jack said:

Could be that some bum came by and smashed all the windows after the occupants left. Maybe the car broke down, and they're still wandering around the woods, and will reach a safe place soon.

That's the positive spin, at least. Good luck to the OP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom