• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jeremy Lin: Asian American, Harvard Grad... NBA great?

Status
Not open for further replies.

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
The nonchalant racism surrounding Lin is pretty amusing too

yellomamba-480x358.jpg

yellow is racist?

Loofy

Im jumping on the bandwagon but man this hype is just too much. Reminds me of the whole Vinsanity thing. In that case it was all of canada hyping him up(and voting him into all star games he shouldnt have been in).

KodMoS

Banned
NBA great? Not even close. He may be one of the Asian players to have played this game, but that's not really saying much. No one will know good he really is until he has faced adversity.

Onemic

Im jumping on the bandwagon but man this hype is just too much. Reminds me of the whole Vinsanity thing. In that case it was all of canada hyping him up(and voting him into all star games he shouldnt have been in).

Except Vince Carter was actually legit, while Jeremy Lin plays on New York, who will hype anyone that can save their failing team.

Vicne Carter shouldn't have gone to the all star game? What? Do you watch basketball?

Loofy

Except Vince Carter was actually legit, while Jeremy Lin plays on New York, who will hype anyone that can save their failing team.

Vicne Carter shouldn't have gone to the all star game? What? Do you watch basketball?
Yes everytime vince carter was fan voted into the all star game, it was because all of canada was voting for him. He didnt deserve it.

Onemic

Yes everytime vince carter was fan voted into the all star game, it was because all of canada was voting for him. He didnt deserve it.

so you don't watch basketball then. Gotcha

A dude that was getting 25 5 4 a steal and a block a game while shooting 40% from deep shouldn't have gone to the all star game? Who's eligible then? Clones of michael Jordan, Kobe and Lebron? Name me guards that should have started over him in the all star game during those years he was in Toronto. Something tells me a guy from the team you repped didn't get into the all star game all those years vince was good and you're bitter about it. Don't worry, it's okay.

Zyzyxxz

Well if you mean by talent wise, money wise they are still laughing their way to the bank.

Gabyskra

Banned

He was probably the best wing in the game, until Kobe went berserk and McGrady made us believe he was the second coming. You don't know basketball.

He was probably the best wing in the game, until Kobe went berserk and McGrady made us believe he was the second coming. You don't know basketball.

The Vince Carter backlash probably has to do with his last couple - okay, five, years. From 1999-2004, Carter was slated to be the best of the Post-Jordan players. Dude was incredible, made clutch shots, could take over games, had charisma and is without a doubt the greatest in game dunker the NBA has ever seen. Kinda ridiculous how beast of a team the Raptors could have been had Carter and McGrady stayed. There was an interview with the members of the 2000 Raptors a while back and McGrady basically said they would have won championships and you could sense that he regretted his decision to leave.

Probably already discussed here but -- this is a great article written by statistician Nate Silver.

Lin's 4 straight games of 20+ points, 6+ assists, and 50% shot percentage puts him in good company.

6858390783_c20d4bac0a_b.jpg

Lin's streak ended last night, as he made just 33% of his shots. He did record 20 points and 8 assists though. Something should be said about number of games started, which in Lin case, is a mere 5 games.

The first 5 games started in his career.

Why is FRANCHISE an average player?

Emwitus

Hahahahaha......wait.....hahahaha. Nuts, Vince got the raptors all the way to the EDIT SEMI confrence finals and never made it only cause allen iverson played like a complete superman. I know vince has been a wince over the past few years but dang!

EDIT: And i completely agree, if T-mac blossomed on the raptors his career would be totally different. I really hope he wins a ring. Should have gone to the bulls instead of the mavs since they are winding down.

Puddles

Banned
Hahahahaha......wait.....hahahaha. Nuts, Vince got the raptors all the way to the confrence finals and never made it only cause allen iverson played like a complete superman. I know vince has been a wince over the past few years but dang!

It was the second round. The Sixers played the Bucks in the conference finals.

Anth0ny

Hahahahaha......wait.....hahahaha. Nuts, Vince got the raptors all the way to the confrence finals and never made it only cause allen iverson played like a complete superman. I know vince has been a wince over the past few years but dang!

EDIT: And i completely agree, if T-mac blossomed on the raptors his career would be totally different. I really hope he wins a ring. Should have gone to the bulls instead of the mavs since they are winding down.

We had the new Jordan and Pippen.

the raptors were going to be a DYNASTY

then tmac fucked it all up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom