• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

John McCain withdraws support for Donald Trump

Status
Not open for further replies.

MJPIA

I was waiting for McCain to do this.
What a day.
I feel like we need a OT to keep a up to date list of all the people hopping off the Trump train.
Theres been what, at the very least 5 or 6 Republicans unendorsing him today along with 20 or so Republicans who have been urging Trump to bow out?

“In addition to my well known differences with Donald Trump on public policy issues, I have raised questions about his character after his comments on Prisoners of War, the Khan Gold Star family, Judge Curiel and earlier inappropriate comments about women. Just this week, he made outrageous statements about the innocent men in the Central Park Five case.

So why the fuck did you bother endorsing him in the first place? Fucking clown shoes.

oti

Banned
Can the party still change their candidate? It wouldn't make sense but this is already so crazy so I don't know.

mreddie

Problem is McClain is a flip flopper and this might cost him his Senate seat because he has the tough election right now.

I'm honestly surprised that this scandal is the one that broke the camel's back, for so many Republicans.

I'm not, Trump needed some sort of support from women and it's been completely eroded. They realise this was the last straw not only morally but also politically, so they've tipped the cart.

I'm honestly surprised that this scandal is the one that broke the camel's back, for so many Republicans.

Most acted like there was plausible deniability to his heinous attitude, words, and actions. As the very, very few trying to defend Trump on his new scandal have shown, it's impossible in light of all the damning evidence.

Can the party still change their candidate? It wouldn't make sense but this is already so crazy so I don't know.

No, I think the best case scenario for them is Trump withdrawing, leaving the top of the ballot blank and people voting for Pence.

This won't happen.

DBT85

While Queen were upset that Trump was using their music before, I'm not sure they'll mind so much if we start playing Another One Bites the Dust.

Koyuga

I don't even know why McCain endorsed Trump in the first place, didn't Trump say a bunch of mean shit about him some months back?

HvySky

Holy shit a republican with a backbone?

I mean, he (and plenty of other Republicans) did support him through all of the other horrible, bigoted, misogynistic, racist, and just generally hateful things that he has said or done, so not really.

I don't even know why McCain endorsed Trump in the first place, didn't Trump say a bunch of mean shit about him some months back?
Called POWs weak
Said that they weren't heroes cus they got captured
Said something about McCain not being a hero due to the above
Also insulted the family of a dead soldier

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
None of these clowns get any respect from me for ditching him now.

All it means is that they are A-OK with prejudice towards minorities, slander of gold star families, tax evasion, dealing illegally with Cuba, ect, ect....

They are only now turning away because it's popular and absolutely necessary for them to have any chance of holding onto their jobs.

Fuck them.

commedieu

Banned
I mean, he (and plenty of other Republicans) did support him through all of the other horrible, bigoted, misogynistic, racist, and just generally hateful things that he has said or done, so not really.

For withdrawing support. As I said above, I think that qualifies for a badge of microbackbone, at least.

Others are just saying locker room talk, disgusting, but not withdrawing support.

These days I have to swallow that white people are fine with facism. Just like they were fine with lynchings. The bar is very low. But this election has made this crystal clear.

He doesn't get a high five. But a head nod that he's withdrawing support.

So why the fuck did you bother endorsing him in the first place? Fucking clown shoes.

Pretty much. It's better that it's late than never, by still embarrassing hr ever supported him. I mean hr literally shat on POWs and called you a coward. It's not Christie or Cruz levels of embarrassing, but it's still pretty bad

Beartruck

What a goddamn mess. In any normal election, a sane republican candidate probably had a pretty darn good chance of defeating Hillary handily. Trump grabbed the party and ran away with it though, so now they're all fucked. Can't say I feel much pity.

For withdrawing support. As I said above, I think that qualifies for a badge of microbackbone, at least.

Others are just saying locker room talk, disgusting, but not withdrawing support.

I dunno, I think Ayotte and McCain are two of the first out the door because the math is different for them, not because of any backbone. They're still calculated moves.

RPGCrazied

Yessss, its all coming down. Split that vote. Is Paul Ryan going to cave? He is losing GOP like flies. Only has his deplorable voters left.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
This has to be the sign for others to follow.

This could actually be a watershed moment for the GOP. Maybe they will come to the conclusion that fostering hate for ten years up to this point might now be the way to go forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom