• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jose Mourinho to take over Manchester United

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bundesliga fan?

I jest, but I only recently was made aware of the seemingly crazy arguments that come up on GAF of the Bundesliga vs the EPL. German GAF and BritGAF going AT IT! I would have said EnglishGAF but I'm a Scottish United fan and want to be included <3

Nah, I don't care about Bundesliga, I find it boring. I only follow La Liga and the EPL but for different reasons. I think La Liga is the only top tier league at the moment and nothing comes close.

soymilk

Neo Member
If not mou who would you guys replace Lvg with? My shortlist would consider of Diego simeone, pochetinno and Marcelo bielsa (would be nice to see the fallout when he leave manu)

If not mou who would you guys replace Lvg with? My shortlist would consider of Diego simeone, pochetinno and Marcelo bielsa (would be nice to see the fallout when he leave manu)

If it could be anybody? Would have wanted Klopp myself.

Simeone is my favourite manager but he's basically Mou 2.0 and would need an even bigger squad overhaul to ensure he had solid players that fit his playstyle/demands. Would rather him take over Argentina with Messi in his prime instead of the incompetent twat running the team at the moment.

Audioboxer

None of others would come. It seems Fergie did speak with Pochettino.

Laurent Blanc was worth considering, but again unproven in the EPL.

kharma45

I only want Mou. This should have been done 3 years ago. I'm finally getting who I wanted.

Waldini

Everyone screaming that LvG should be sacked. You can't restore a club ... which has been ruined to shit by Moyes in 2 years. There's a lack of quality players at United.

I guess alot of the true "fans" want a soft-trainer who gets shit on by a big-signing. Do you talk shit to your boss at work? Don't think so. Too bad United didn't qualify for the Champions League. But then again .. having Tottenham, City, Arsenal and Leicester above you isn't all that bad.

Besides Martial, Rooney, Blind and De Gea .. who has been a consistent player at United? No-one. There isn't a single player, besides Rooney, who can deliver a good ball.

kharma45

Everyone screaming that LvG should be sacked. You can't restore a club ... which has been ruined to shit by Moyes in 2 years. There's a lack of quality players at United.

I guess alot of the true "fans" want a soft-trainer who gets shit on by a big-signing. Do you talk shit to your boss at work? Don't think so.

Beside Martial, Rooney, Blind and De Gea .. who has been a consistent player at United? No-one.

Moyes didn't ruin United. Nonsense.

S

Steve.1981

Unconfirmed Member
As someone who grew up watching Fergie's Man U and has been suffering in silence basically ever since he retired, I'm not sure how I feel about Mourinho taking over. I'm kind of happy and wary at the same time.

I mean, I always respected his record and admired the way he obviously built close relationships with (most of) his players. His Porto, 1st Chelsea and Inter squads gave the impression they would have run through brick walls for him. It seemed for a while that he would win and break records non-stop. But he never quite clicked at Real Madrid. And then that whole calamity earlier in the season, which resulted in Chelsea's worst league finish in years, was his fault and his alone. Yet it seemed like his arrogance had just reached a point that in his own mind he could do and say anything he pleased, without fear of any consequences. He was so obviously in the wrong, and his behaviour so obviously had an adverse effect on his team and their results, I just don't understand how he couldn't see that.

Anyway, I'm rambling. I can understand why the club have made this move. If he's used his down-time to reflect and learn from his mistakes, then Mourinho recharged and ready to prove he's still got it by taking Man U back to the top is an exciting prospect. If they didn't give him the offer he would have went somewhere else this summer without doubt, and then Van Gaal would have seen out his last year, probably without much of an improvement on the field, then retired. And this time next year we would probably be in an even worse position.

I guess alot of the true "fans" want a soft-trainer who gets shit on by a big-signing. Do you talk shit to your boss at work? Don't think so. Too bad United didn't qualify for the Champions League. But then again .. having Tottenham, City, Arsenal and Leicester above you isn't all that bad.

Besides Martial, Rooney, Blind and De Gea .. who has been a consistent player at United? No-one. There isn't a single player, besides Rooney, who can deliver a good ball.

'Lack of quality players at United' - right and who gets the blame for that? 2 years with a huge war chest of funds. LVG has played worse this season than Moyes. The only reason he's higher on the league table is because everyone else in the league has been fucking up.

And I can't people how fickle people are on Rooney because he has some good games and some sparks of his old form. He's been utter dross most of the season and hasn't stepped up when the team has needed him for the most part. Couldn't even make a simple pass or dribble 2 feet without losing the ball in the entire first half of the season. They lost so many points because it was like they were playing with 10 men.

Courage

Mourinho was only a cunt cause he managed twat clubs. Now that he's finally where he wants to be, he'll be slightly less cuntish.

lmao he's gonna be just as big as a cunt

Anyway, I'm worried Mourinho will neglect the young foundation the team has built the past couple years. I'm also not too enthused of the prospect of the team playing more boring football, but at least Mourinho's methods will bring results.

Waldini

'Lack of quality players at United' - right and who gets the blame for that? 2 years with a huge war chest of funds. LVG has played worse this season than Moyes. The only reason he's higher on the league table is because everyone else in the league has been fucking up.

And I can't people how fickle people are on Rooney because he has some good games and some sparks of his old form. He's been utter dross most of the season and hasn't stepped up when the team has needed him for the most part. Couldn't even make a simple pass or dribble 2 feet without losing the ball in the entire first half of the season. They lost so many points because it was like they were playing with 10 men.

You can't reshape a team when you have this much injuries... that and the pillars of United either stopped playing or left. Vidic, Ferdinand, Scholes, Giggs .... you name it. I agree that LvG disappointed the past 2 years ...

It wont get any better when Mourinho is around. People despise the football LvG displayed ... well ... remember how Chelsea played under Mourinho? *shudders*

You can't reshape a team when you have this much injuries... that and the pillars of United either stopped playing or left. Vidic, Ferdinand, Scholes, Giggs .... you name it. I agree that LvG disappointed the past 2 years ...

It wont get any better when Mourinho is around. People despise the football LvG displayed ... well ... remember how Chelsea played under Mourinho? *shudders*

Jose had Chelsea playing some great football at the start of the season they last won the league. They were getting a lot of praise. It was only after they had a dip in form that he took the 'safety first' approach so that they were able to grind out the last few results they needed to secure the title. Its a load of rubbish that Jose is a negative manager. He can be at times, but he is also capable of putting out teams that really put the opposition the sword.

holygeesus

Banned
Jose had Chelsea playing some great football at the start of the season they last won the league. They were getting a lot of praise. It was only after they had a dip in form that he took the 'safety first' approach so that they were able to grind out the last few results they needed to secure the title. Its a load of rubbish that Jose is a negative manager. He can be at times, but he is also capable of putting out teams that really put the opposition the sword.

Spot on.

Audioboxer

As someone who grew up watching Fergie's Man U and has been suffering in silence basically ever since he retired, I'm not sure how I feel about Mourinho taking over. I'm kind of happy and wary at the same time.

I mean, I always respected his record and admired the way he obviously built close relationships with (most of) his players. His Porto, 1st Chelsea and Inter squads gave the impression they would have run through brick walls for him. It seemed for a while that he would win and break records non-stop. But he never quite clicked at Real Madrid. And then that whole calamity earlier in the season, which resulted in Chelsea's worst league finish in years, was his fault and his alone. Yet it seemed like his arrogance had just reached a point that in his own mind he could do and say anything he pleased, without fear of any consequences. He was so obviously in the wrong, and his behaviour so obviously had an adverse effect on his team and their results, I just don't understand how he couldn't see that.

Anyway, I'm rambling. I can understand why the club have made this move. If he's used his down-time to reflect and learn from his mistakes, then Mourinho recharged and ready to prove he's still got it by taking Man U back to the top is an exciting prospect. If they didn't give him the offer he would have went somewhere else this summer without doubt, and then Van Gaal would have seen out his last year, probably without much of an improvement on the field, then retired. And this time next year we would probably be in an even worse position.

I agree with most of what you are saying except that. Chelsea players have been letting the team down. As I've already said in this topic Hazard has been a ghost except popping up to deny Tottenham the title.

Mourinho went from Chelsea a fair while back and you still have certain players drudging around and sulking. That club needs a clear out of the part timers as well.

S

Steve.1981

Unconfirmed Member
There's a lack of quality players at United.

No, there really is not. I honestly believe with a bit of reorganisation this team is in decent shape. It's one of the things that's been maddening about watching us under Van Gaal. He persisted with the 4-2-3-1 but never put the square pegs in the square holes, like for example Martial up top with Mata behind him.

Who knows how we'll shape up next year, but Carrick, Schneiderlen, Schweinsteiger are quality central midfielders and Rooney obviously will be as well. De Gea is an absolute boss and I hope he's going nowhere. We need a world class central defender (getting Ramos would have been a dream), maybe two wingers (Lingard could make one of those positions his own for years) and a world class striker to compete with Martial and Rashford.

Audioboxer

No, there really is not. I honestly believe with a bit of reorganisation this team is in decent shape. It's one of the things that's been maddening about watching us under Van Gaal. He persisted with the 4-2-3-1 but never put the square pegs in the square holes, like for example Martial up top with Mata behind him.

Who knows how we'll shape up next year, but Carrick, Schneiderlen, Schweinsteiger are quality central midfielders and Rooney obviously will be as well. De Gea is an absolute boss and I hope he's going nowhere. We need a world class central defender (getting Ramos would have been a dream), maybe two wingers (Lingard could make one of those positions his own for years) and a world class striker to compete with Martial and Rashford.

They're all the same kind of midfielder, except Rooney I guess. This is why if we aren't overhauling the midfield we need to go "holding midfielder" "Rooney". None of this 4-5-1. Straight up go back to 4-4-2.

No place for Mata in this formation, but he's dead anyway with JM. In all honesty he's far too slow for his age. I want United back to pacey wing play and there's no room for Mata with that. He fits the AMC role, but if United are to continue polishing Rooneys boots for the next few years he's taking the CM role turn into AMC in an attack. I mean if Man Utd had the balls to offload Rooney, I could see Mata going CM where Rooney would fit.

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
I think Man Us transfer problem over the last 5 years (and same applies to Arsenal, City & Chelsea) is that they all think they can do a better job finding players than the other 16 clubs in the league combined. They are ignoring the talent the rest of league has brought in, and giving up the chance to widen the gap by weakening their opposition.

Especially in defence, they might not have conceded many goals (mainly because they have the worlds best keeper and they rarely commit going forward), but there's probably 7 or 8 teams in the EPL with defenders who could get in the current Man U side, and as far as I know they haven't bid for a single one.

S

Steve.1981

Unconfirmed Member
They're all the same kind of midfielder, except Rooney I guess. This is why if we aren't overhauling the midfield we need to go "holding midfielder" "Rooney". None of this 4-5-1. Straight up go back to 4-4-2.

No place for Mata in this formation, but he's dead anyway with JM. In all honesty he's far too slow for his age. I want United back to pacey wing play and there's no room for Mata with that. He fits the AMC role, but if United are to continue polishing Rooneys boots for the next few years he's taking the CM role turn into AMC in an attack. I mean if Man Utd had the balls to offload Rooney, I could see Mata going CM where Rooney would fit.

I know what you're saying but for me, it's a real shame if Mata doesn't get a good long run in his best position. He's not the quickest I know, but he's such a damn fine player, and with the pace of guys like Martial and Lingard in front and around him, he can do real damage to a defence. Wouldn't you agree?

Edit: And I think Rooney and Mata are both clever enough (and respect each other enough) to work well together.

Audioboxer

I know what you're saying but for me, it's a real shame if Mata doesn't get a good long run in his best position. He's not the quickest I know, but he's such a damn fine player, and with the pace of guys like Martial and Lingard in front and around him, he can do real damage to a defence. Wouldn't you agree?

Edit: And I think Rooney and Mata are both clever enough (and respect each other enough) to work well together.

Well we could try Rooney and Mata in CM, with Rooney playing deep and Mata CM -> AMC. I just think at all costs we need to go back to 2 strikers. If we do sign Ibra I just don't want to see Martial getting used as a left winger. Give him a season upfront. Ibra can be interchanged with Rashford as Ibra probably won't last a whole prem league season, all the cups and the europa league.

Jose can go with 1 striker if he wants to try it, but I swear if we end up averaging 1 goal every 3 games I won't be impressed. Man Utd have always played best with fast wingers, overlapping fullbacks and crosses into a busy box. Playing 1 upfront always ends up with sideways passing when we go wide as no one in the box. Not to mention Rojo can't cross a ball to save himself.

Whatever we end up trying we need a right winger.

S

Steve.1981

Unconfirmed Member
Well we could try Rooney and Mata in CM, with Rooney playing deep and Mata CM -> AMC. I just think at all costs we need to go back to 2 strikers. If we do sign Ibra I just don't want to see Martial getting used as a left winger. Give him a season upfront. Ibra can be interchanged with Rashford as Ibra probably won't last a whole prem league season, all the cups and the europa league.

Jose can go with 1 striker if he wants to try it, but I swear if we end up averaging 1 goal every 3 games I won't be impressed.

Haha, I'm with you on that one. Going back to the old 4-4-2 would be interesting but I don't think it's Mourinho's style. He was one of the first champions of the current one-up-top craze, after all. But who knows? Either way, like you say, Martial up front is a must. He's another one who could (probably will) be fabulous in his proper position.

Audioboxer

Journos gonna journo, but hopefully it begins soon

#mufc have had a £29m bid for Raphael Varane rejected by Real Madrid [cds, @101greatgoals]

Varane always costs a lot more than that in my FM saves :p

Haha, I'm with you on that one. Going back to the old 4-4-2 would be interesting but I don't think it's Mourinho's style. He was one of the first champions of the current one-up-top craze, after all. But who knows? Either way, like you say, Martial up front is a must. He's another one who could (probably will) be fabulous in his proper position.

He can be used as an inside forward, but not a winger. Every time he gets the ball his instinct is to dribble towards goal/towards the center spot. He wants to score, he's not the type to hug the wide line and just be a supplier. So yeah, his natural position is totally a striker.

S

Steve.1981

Unconfirmed Member
Just heard Giggs has been asked to stay on.

Mourinho showing some of the old smart thinking? Build a good relationship with the guy who is still much loved and could be the perfect go-between to the players?

I hope De Gea stays. God how I hope that...

Audioboxer

Van Gaal refusing to leave? lol

Jose Mourinho has gone back home.

Paul Gilroy QC, the employment lawyer working on the whole severance thing, has left Carrington. He&#8217;s probably also on the way home.

There is, however, no news on when Louis van Gaal is going home.

Just heard Giggs has been asked to stay on.

Mourinho showing some of the old smart thinking? Build a good relationship with the guy who is still much loved and could be the perfect go-between to the players?

I hope De Gea stays. God how I hope that...

I think Giggs would always be asked, the real question is if he will or go elsewhere.

S

Steve.1981

Unconfirmed Member
I imagine Van Gaal is the kind of guy who leaves on his terms, even when he gets fired. And he's quite right as well.

Giggs could be watching Zidane with interest.

Audioboxer

I imagine Van Gaal is the kind of guy who leaves on his terms, even when he gets fired. And he's quite right as well.

Giggs could be watching Zidane with interest.

Maybe just enjoying a mince pie before he goes :p

Giggs could learn from Mou, but to be fair he's been thrown under the bus twice now by the last 2 managers and has "wasted" years.

tomtom94

Rumours that Giggs wants a guarantee he will take over after Mourinho. Can't see Mourinho granting him that, it'll constantly undermine his authority.

Audioboxer

Rumours that Giggs wants a guarantee he will take over after Mourinho. Can't see Mourinho granting him that, it'll constantly undermine his authority.

If it's by the 3 year deadline then yeah. If it's just as soon as Mourinho moves on/retires then I don't think it's unfair to want confirmation on that.

I mean we know the past of JM, but maybe just maybe he does want a longer career here. Giggs doesn't necessarily need to jump ship instantly either, it's worth considering working with Mou for a bit and seeing if he does extend his contract.

Firemind

He needs a creative midfielder and wingers for that. Look at Inter, Chelsea and Real. So who's going to be the playmaker? Mata? :lol

MrS

Banned
Giggs is in no position to be making those sort of demands, is he? The club should fuck him off and tell him to go out and get some experience if he wants to be manager, because his contribution as Assistant has been garbage.

Audioboxer

Giggs is in no position to be making those sort of demands, is he? The club should fuck him off and tell him to go out and get some experience if he wants to be manager, because his contribution as Assistant has been garbage.

Would you dare try and take the spotlight from LVG?

I mean even when Giggs got up off his seat he still looked like a deer in headlights in the fear LVG reprimanded him as "management is suppose to sit like a rock and take notes".

Or on the training field try and encourage the players to do anything other than Van Gaals philosophy? We hear murmurs about how the players nearly had a revolt over not being able to express themselves.

Not to mention all your best buds, aka Scholes, Ferdinand and Neville are constantly bashing the way MU are playing.

The guy was on a tightrope.

Kill3r7

Why not? The guy is an absolute class act.

Mata is gone. There is now way Jose will keep him around.

My only concern with Jose is whether or not the youth players will get a chance. I think he will rebuild the entire squad to suit his style of play.

Audioboxer

Mata is gone. There is now way Jose will keep him around.

My only concern with Jose is whether or not the youth players will get a chance. I think he will rebuild the entire squad to suit his style of play.

Van Gaal was doing that as well, signing cautious ball holding players. The injuries this season was what really pushed youth through as we had such an anaemic first team squad after clear outs. Schneiderlin, Blind and Schweinsteiger are all possession based players. Martial was the only creative attacking thinking signing and he came mid season during scrutiny. Depay I guess as well but LVG put him in the doghouse after a few mistakes. No self expression and learning on the pitch allowed.

Just be glad injuries gave some players a chance to prove themselves and hope the proof they have given makes Jose think about playing them.

But let's not herald Van Gaal as a youth masterpiece. He was building a squad around his philosophy through and through.

Kill3r7

Van Gaal was doing that as well, signing cautious ball holding players. The injuries this season was what really pushed youth through as we had such an anaemic first tem squad after clear outs. Schneiderlin, Blind and Schweinsteiger are all possession based players. Martial was the only creative attacking thinking signing and he came mid season during scrutiny. Depay I guess as well but LVG put him in the doghouse after a few mistakes.

Just be glad injuries gave some players a chance to prove themselves and hope the proof they have given makes Jose think about playing them.

LvG gave youth a chance whether through injury or not and to be fair to the man, throughout his career, he has shown a propensity to give youth a chance. Jose has not. My fear is that Jose will never allow the squad to be so thin as to have to rely on young unproven players. My guess is that at very least he brings in a RW, ST, LCB and 2 midfielders.

On the topic of Depay, he has no one to blame but himself. Depay played like shit, absolute dogshit, this season and could not be bothered. His lack of desire to help on defense will certainly not enamor him to Mourinho.

Why not? The guy is an absolute class act.

He writes nice blog posts but he's been fairly average. His few good games and goals tend to cover up most of his average performances. He doesn't offer anything defensively and is too slow. That would be fair enough if he was great going forward, but he really isn't to the extent you can base a team around him (which is what a player like Mata needs). Disappears far too often.

Compare him against the playmakers/midfielders you see at other top clubs and you'll see that United do need someone much better in.

Audioboxer

LvG gave youth a chance whether through injury or not and to be fair to the man, throughout his career, he has shown a propensity to give youth a chance. Jose has not. My fear is that Jose will never allow the squad to be so thin as to have to rely on young unproven players. My guess is that at very least he brings in a RW, ST, LCB and 2 midfielders.

On the topic of Depay, he has no one to blame but himself. Depay played like shit absolute dogshit this season and could be bothered. His lack of desire to help on defense will certainly not enamor him to Mourinho.

I agree with his career part, but again at United he had absolutely no choice? Who else could he have picked? It's not the fans fault he spent 250m and we ended up with an abundance of central midfielders and hardly any attack backup. Same for defence where we were hit the hardest.

I am cautious about JM and youth just not totally on board with over praising Van Gaal as his general squad mismanagement was a bigger focus for me.

With Depay I'd honestly give him some benefit of the doubt after what happened with Di Maria. Players can have the burden of having to settle in the EPL and if you have a manager who crucified you and demands lack of expression and philosophy philosophy philosophy then wouldn't you be pissed? Depay is a creative player trying to go in the steps of someone like Ronaldo. He needs to be able to try skills and what not on the pitch, and fail.

If Fergie and the fans had totally fucked up Ronaldo for his showboating we wouldn't have helped create what we did. Sure discipline is needed but when young players should be allowed to go all out with us understanding they will learn to reign it in a bit through maturity. Not every attacking player can be a defensive masterclass either. Ronaldo certainly wasn't even if he did get a bit better over time.

The old Man Utd way wasn't constant clean sheets, it was simply outscoring the opponent. Sure we had rocks like Ferdinand and Vidic, but when we lost a goal or two we instantly thought on the pitch no problem we will score 2 or 3. Scoring 2 let alone 3 goals in a game with LVG was like a fucking fantasy.

Kill3r7

I agree with his career part, but again at United he had absolutely no choice? Who else could he have picked? It's not the fans fault he spent 250m and we ended up with an abundance of central midfielders and hardly any attack backup. Same for defence where we were hit the hardest.

I am cautious about JM and youth just not totally on board with over praising Van Gaal as his general squad mismanagement was a bigger focus for me.

With Depay I'd honestly give him some benefit of the doubt after what happened with Di Maria. Players can have the burden of having to settle in the EPL and if you have a manager who crucified you and demands lack of expression and philosophy philosophy philosophy then wouldn't you be pissed? Depay is a creative player trying to go in the steps of someone like Ronaldo. He needs to be able to try skills and what not on the pitch, and fail.

If Fergie and the fans had totally fucked up Ronaldo for his showboating we wouldn't have helped create what we did. Sure discipline is needed but when young players should be allowed to go all out with us understanding they will learn to reign it in a bit through maturity. Not every attacking player can be a defensive masterclass either. Ronaldo certainly wasn't even if he did get a bit better over time.

The old Man Utd way wasn't constant clean sheets, it was simply outscoring the opponent. Sure we had rocks like Ferdinand and Vidic, but when we lost a goal or two we instantly thought on the pitch no problem we will score 2 or 3.

Are we talking about media reports or what was happening on the pitch? Memphis had plenty of freedom to show off and be effective. He played well against European competition but suffered to find his form in the EPL. The truth is that once Shaw got hurt his game fell apart.

kharma45

Are we talking about media reports or what was happening on the pitch? Memphis had plenty of freedom to show off and be effective. He played well against European competition but suffered to find his form in the EPL. The truth is that once Shaw got hurt his game fell apart.

Yes Luke Shaw is the reason why Depay has been abysmal.

Audioboxer

Media reports of Van Gaal going all Hitler on players in training for mistakes and making everyone constantly watch video tapes. It is said Rooney and Carrick approached Van Gaal to tell him it was making players unhappy.

The times Depay did do well was against smaller opponents, usually when the shackles on the team weren't so apparent. In the EPL we were so fucking rigid, hence all the side ways passing, back passing and an average of 1 shot on target in the first 45 minutes if lucky. Certain players fitted better into that approach than others. Can you imagine Ronaldo trying to be told to play like that?

Shaw was a sore loss, because Rojo is shit, but I think the damage to Memphis from LVG was already done. Probably after that shocking back header that lost us a goal. Sure an awful mistake needing criticism but if the reports from inside the camp are true probably handled terribly out of proportion by LVG causing Memphis to dislike him and Van Gaal to decide he's done.

No idea what JM will do but I'm confident if we had to stick LVG another season Memphis would be sold at a loss like Di Maria and he'll go on to be a great player elsewhere. Like it or not he showed good talent at PSV. That doesn't just disappear in the EPL, even if adjustment is needed to our game.

Kill3r7

Media reports of Van Gaal going all Hitler on players in training for mistakes and making everyone constantly watch video tapes. It is said Rooney and Carrick approached Van Gaal to tell him it was making players unhappy.

The times Depay did do well was against smaller opponents, usually when the shackles on the team weren't so apparent. In the EPL we were so fucking rigid, hence all the side ways passing, back passing and an average of 1 shot on target in the first 45 minutes if lucky. Certain players fitted better into that approach than others. Can you imagine Ronaldo trying to be told to play like that?

Shaw was a sore loss, because Rojo is shit, but I think the damage to Memphis from LVG was already done. Probably after that shocking back header that lost us a goal. Sure an awful mistake needing criticism but if the reports from inside the camp are true probably handled terribly out of proportion by LVG causing Memphis to dislike him and Van Gaal to decide he's done.

No idea what JM will do but I'm confident if we had to stick LVG another season Memphis would be sold at a loss like Di Maria and he'll go on to be a great player elsewhere. Like it or not he showed good talent at PSV. That doesn't just disappear in the EPL, even if adjustment is needed to our game.

Who is talking about keeping LvG around for another year? Why do you believe media reports?

Audioboxer

Who is talking about keeping LvG around for another year? Why do you believe media reports?

That was just a hypothetical from me. Thought months ago Depay is leaving. Especially after his instagram hissy fit.

I take all media reports with a grain of salt but cmon where there is smoke there is fire. There was even former players talking out about Van Gaals approach to training, discipline and lack of freedom outside of his philosophy. Heck we the fans heard it constantly in his first season where he was bullish about all the fan requests for him to drop his shitty formations and slow buildup play.

The guy was set in his ways. Which can be a good thing if you're actually winning and doing well. We weren't though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom