• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT| ALT+CTRL DELETE DELETE DELETE NERO, IT'S OVAH!

Good show. Finn getting one hell of a debut push huh.

Roman Reigns moveset is now nothing but violent punches and clotheslines and powerbomb variants and the finisher is a spear with scowls all the time. It's like 12 year old me made this in WCW/nWo Revenge. Just the best.

Strowman pulls 875? Oh my.

I maintain that this current generation of superstars grew up on this and it has shaped the psychology of the Sports Entertainment we see today.

It's actually pretty cool. This was the first ep I watched and it featured The Club as well. They were telling some pretty cool stories.

I think WWE Universal Championship is a stupid name too. It makes it sound like it's better than the Standard WWE championship that's on Smackdown.

SD has the World Heavyweight Championship?

It's actually pretty cool. This was the first ep I watched and it featured The Club as well. They were telling some pretty cool stories.

I think WWE Universal Championship is a stupid name too. It makes it sound like it's better than the Standard WWE championship that's on Smackdown.
It reminds me of the WCW international championship.

dream

Also, for the workrate monkeys who will inevitably say "but can he wrestle?," Adam's best friend and training partner is Fergal Devitt.

NXT-665x385.jpg

The Universal champion feels like it's compensating. The Universe is so vast and unknown that it's hard to know exactly what one would be Champion of completely, where as with the World we obviously have a much more complete idea.

pariah164

My current top 6, no particular order:

1) Sasha Banks
2) Finn Balor (holy SHIT that push, bah gawd)
3) Dean Ambrose
4) Bayley
5) Asuka
6) Seth Rollins

Smackdown is back to being the WWE World Heavyweight Championship as of tonight.

Well, better start watching Smack Down exclusively, cause the title makes more sense.

The Universal champion feels like it's compensating. The Universe is so vast and unknown that it's hard to know exactly what one would be Champion of completely, where as with the World we obviously have a much more complete idea.

The King gets it.

cordy

Banned
I'm not upset that Balor is getting a title shot and potentially the new title similarly how I'm not upset that Owens got it in NXT. He's proven himself, he's the real deal and he's had to work hard to get there. To me, he just seems "ready" for it so might as well do it. Reigns just never felt ready in my eyes. If fans get sour on Balor just ally him with Anderson and Gallows as a heel and boom you can run that as well. He can go with it. Balor, Rollins, potentially Reigns again, maybe Cesaro who knows but they got that tight. Raw was amazing tonight there's so many things they can do.

I'm so excited for SD as well because they need something huge. Here's what I expect.

- Ambrose/Wyatt for Summerslam, Wyatt will be unleashed like never before and it'll be great for Ambrose's reign.
- Ziggler will actually turn heel and they'll give this guy a chance to be a lead heel on the brand. With Styles going to tango with Cena and maybe Orton or something I say give Ziggler the go ahead. We don't need him as a face, make him a heel.
- The IC title? Man, this is tricky because we have Corbin, Del Rio, Kane, Kalisto, Owen and Crews and frankly speaking none of these guys I want holding that title yet. When Harper returns I think he can grab this belt but the IC? I wish we really had Cesaro or Neville on this brand, they'd do it justice. Miz might hold that belt long enough until Harper returns in 1-2 months but before then he can feud with Ryder or somebody else with Mojo as his hype guy.
- Tag team division has AA, Usos and Breezango. AA and Usos can tear the house down and Breeze can go, not sure about Fandango but if he's in the ring with workers he's good. Ascension and VV well, they can do well when given a chance. We've seen NXT. We'll be fine.
- The women? Becky's free to run wild on the whole division if they let her.

That's only a few options but there's a lot of different ways this can go depending on how it is.

Rome's a class act. He didn't get all pissy on the interview and kept it real. Kinda weird to have an interview after the match like that.

Like John Cena's moves, New RAW was S.O.S. as before

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
They say the best gimmick is an extension of your personality, dream. I think we saw that at the end of that video. That said, it's clear Adam is very talented and can play the role he's needed in.

Also worth noting that Adam is a man who maintained professionalism when Brock was working unsafe to get over.

W25b0ov.png

We both know Adam could've snatched his neck right there and ended his run as a top alpha. I think that went a long way in the back, and paved the way for his impending monster run.
I think Brawn Strongman could beat Brock in a fight.

Forkball

So soon in WWE lore we will have four world championships with completely different lineages.

WWE Championship (the one we've always had)
WCW/World Championship (WCW big gold belt, but it was also held by Rock, Angle, Booker, and Jericho within the WWE)
World Heavyweight Championship (spiritual successor to the WCW title but with its own lineage)
WWE Universal Championship

Jericho and Big Show could potentially have a chance to claim a reign for all four titles. BOOK IT

pariah164

I still find it hilarious that Steph and Foley were SO SALTY about not having the WWE title (in Kayfabe at least), that they MADE THEIR OWN just to say they had one.

What the hell will this thing even look like?

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I still find it hilarious that Steph and Foley were SO SALTY about not having the WWE title (in Kayfabe at least), that they MADE THEIR OWN just to say they had one.

What the hell will this thing even look like?
Just be happy they didn't hand it to HHH.

Everybody remember when Orton got a few Wellness Violations and was never pushed again? The Roman Empire wasn't built in a day, fools.

Just be happy they didn't hand it to HHH.

To be fair, the titles are so worthless in the WWE these days I would've like Triple H handing over the belt to Rollins as a flashback to that for the comedy.

Toki767

Everybody remember when Orton got a few Wellness Violations and was never pushed again? The Roman Empire wasn't built in a day, fools.

It's all part of the Roman Reigns Redemption story that will culminate at WrestleMania 33.

I don't know how people don't see it.

Angry Grimace

I'm guessing the reason Roman is being punished is that they consider it a big deal that he got popped for drugs after they pushed him hard against the fans wishes.

The easy thing to do would have been to turn him heel or to push someone else. Really, if they're not going to push him with the force of a rocket it makes no sense to keep him face.

Angry Grimace

Big Show wasn't on RAW, was he?

Will Smackdown have a Kane match?
Maybe Kane will double chokeslam American Alpha.

Not really sure how SD is going to be good when the entire roster is composed of old people.

Anth0ny

cole: byron, you can't deny that roman reigns has lost three matches in a row. his career has hit a low point!

byron sexton: it seems like he's been a bit off his game thanks to that 30 day suspension.

cole: the question on the mind of everyone in the wwe universe: can roman bounce back? can he overcome the odds at summer slam?

come on kids. they pulled the same shit when cena lost to the rock... then beat brock.... BUT THEN LOST AGAIN to someone. his career was going down the shitter, or so we thought!

It's all part of the Roman Reigns Redemption story that will culminate at WrestleMania 33.

I don't know how people don't see it.

Hey, I'm sure little Finn and AJ will have some cool spots in the IC ladder match that gets 12 minutes because Triple H needs a 20 minute entrance for his yearly match.

Angry Grimace

They should have had Graves question whether Roman can win off the drugs.

So soon in WWE lore we will have four world championships with completely different lineages.

WWE Championship (the one we've always had)
WCW/World Championship (WCW big gold belt, but it was also held by Rock, Angle, Booker, and Jericho within the WWE)
World Heavyweight Championship (spiritual successor to the WCW title but with its own lineage)
WWE Universal Championship

You're forgetting the NWA and WWECW belts, along with the second WWE Championship that Rey and Cena held before it was re-unified with the original WWE Title a month after it was created. That makes it 7, at least.

cole: byron, you can't deny that roman reigns has lost three matches in a row. his career has hit a low point!

byron sexton: it seems like he's been a bit off his game thanks to that 30 day suspension.

cole: the question on the mind of everyone in the wwe universe: can roman bounce back? can he overcome the odds at summer slam?

come on kids. they pulled the same shit when cena lost to the rock... then beat brock.... BUT THEN LOST AGAIN to someone. his career was going down the shitter, or so we thought!

Cena's Worst Year Ever

Where he still main evented every PPV, while the WWE champ had to curtain jerk for matches starring Laurinaitis or take a hype backseat to HHH/Nash: Sledgehammer on a Pole Edition

Angry Grimace

I have to admit it's kind of an achievement they managed to make Los Matadores less over.

Forkball

You're forgetting the NWA and WWECW belts, along with the second WWE Championship that Rey and Cena held before it was re-unified with the original WWE Title a month after it was created. That makes it 7, at least.
WWECW belt was a mid card title essentially. No one would consider the NXT title a world championship. The double WWE belt storyline still has Punk, Cena, and Rey's reign within the WWE belt lineage.

We're basically going to get a repeat of the WHC with the UC (get used to that acronym). It will be on Raw for a year, and thus the de facto top title to earn prestige, before being moved to Smackdown as the B title.

Angry Grimace

I'm guessing they picked a silly name for the title because they wanted it to be more distinct. I don't really mind the new name because "WWE Championship" and "World Heavyweight Championship" always sounded like the same thing.

Angry Grimace

So does Smackdown respond with new Tag Belts, and a new Women's championship?

They need something to chase.
The top tag team on SD has wrestled literally 0 main roster matches. I don't think they should get a title yet.

And even during the original brand split era they unified the tag titles and defended it cross brand.

Really good raw.

I think byron was good for the only time in his career tonight when he hoped jobber would still have a career and then got the hell out of dodge before the strowman match.

wonder what's next for punished reigns

Top Bottom