• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT| ALT+CTRL DELETE DELETE DELETE NERO, IT'S OVAH!

Toki767

An argument starting with wrestler X began wrestling in Y year is a flimsy foundation for anything. But what do I know... let's put the strap on Flair for the 17th time!! Wooooo!

I responded to a post commenting about Balor not deserving a title shot since he was only in NXT for a few years vs Reigns being in WWE for a few years. It's not Balor's fault WWE didn't want to sign him until a few years ago.

But I guess read what you want to read.

UberTag

Thinking about how good this Raw was, then adding CWC guys to it fighting over a Cruiserweight title... I think WWE might be good again, guys.
We've had the occasional "good RAW" crop up from time-to-time to make us think things are actually changing and then reality comes and hits us full in the face. It's best to keep expectations grounded. Plus, the camerawork is still complete ass.

Heel Paige is great but we need a return of heel Sasha. Tonight gave her that babyface moment of celebration but I hope in the next few months we get a return of the Boss. Probably would need to turn on either Becky or Bayley to get a negative reception though.
The turn needs to happen against Bayley once she's an established babyface on the main roster.

Heel Paige is great but we need a return of heel Sasha. Tonight gave her that babyface moment of celebration but I hope in the next few months we get a return of the Boss. Probably would need to turn on either Becky or Bayley to get a negative reception though.

I think the smart thing would be to have her turn on Bayley and build to Bayley vs. Sasha at WM, but at the same time SD desperately needs Bayley for their division.

KingBroly

Banned
Legitimately surprised that Finn won over Reigns. Roman must really be in the doghouse right now. I thought for sure Reigns would win, which is why I went out to catch Pokemon for a while.

Not a contender. He is it. I don't even know anyone else who comes close.

Elgin and Bushi I guess.

For most improved of the year? Bigger Dragon Gate fans than I could probably point to Yosuke, Eita, or Big R. I haven't seen Okabayashi vs. Kamitani from the weekend, but Kamitani might be up there. YOSHI-HASHI's getting a lot of love during this G1.

We've had the occasional "good RAW" crop up from time-to-time to make us think things are actually changing and then reality comes and hits us full in the face. It's best to keep expectations grounded. Plus, the camerawork is still complete ass.

Yeah, but this one was great based on structural changes just as much as match quality. Most of the really good Raws the past few years have just been a confluence of good matches and/or smart angles in spite of the booking. Tonight seemed like a different philosophy. Maybe that all changes next week, but it at least seems more sustainable from the jump.

Purexed

Banned
How does one connect with everything I listed taken away?

Neville was given absolutely nothing, and even his biggest strengths were not utilized at all.

He got a cape, pyro, and countless slow motion replays of his finishes. Perhaps he'll find his way in the Cruiserweight division. I like the guy, but he'll never be a main event guy on this main roster.

Look, Finn is pretty vanilla to me, and clearly I'm not alone.

But he's over. He gets pops. As much as we talk about there being no difference between demon and regular balor, people eat it up.

They want to push Balor hard and they have. They want to establish that he's not just another guy.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Big R and Eita's been great for a long time.

Sanada. I'd throw him in there for sure. He might actually be the only one I'd put over Zeus.

KingBroly

Banned
Look, Finn is pretty vanilla to me, and clearly I'm not alone.

But he's over. He gets pops. As much as we talk about there being no difference between demon and regular balor, people eat it up.

They want to push Balor hard and they have. They want to establish that he's not just another guy.

He's gotta beat Rollins at Summerslam at this point.

zihQoj6.jpg

ngower

Some of y'all need to chill. Seth is winning the belt. They're feeding Finn to him to (a) justify how high they took Finn and build him up for the future, (b) not bore us to death with more Seth v Roman (e.g. give us a break from it), (c) tell us who the stars of RAW are going to be booking-wise with those fatal four ways and (d) WE DIDN'T HAVE MCMAHON BULLSHIT AT ALL!

Sasha's victory, the always-excellent Enzo and Cass, both 4-ways...this was a great RAW and people are whining. C'mon!

Ithil

He got a cape, pyro, and countless slow motion replays of his finishes. Perhaps he'll find his way in the Cruiserweight division. I like the guy, but he'll never be a main event guy on this main roster.

That works for the initial month, maybe. Then you need feuds, mic time (even if you are not great, just keep them short), character. He wasn't given any of those, it was like he was permanently stuck in that "first few weeks" phase and not advancing.

He didn't even get to have long matches, the thing he is best at, more than every once in a while.

Commentary was way better tonight, even Cole sounded like he was having fun occasionally.

I'm feeling optimistic, the draft might have screwed SD but if it resulted in a leaner and meaner Raw I'd say it was worth it.

Syder

That glint of hope in Roman's eyes after the Crucifix sit-out Powerbomb got cheers...

...and then he wanked off his arm.

P4U21bk.gif

Big R and Eita's been great for a long time.

Sanada. I'd throw him in there for sure. He might actually be the only one I'd put over Zeus.

You could make a case for Kento Miyahara just on the basis that he's risen as the company ace this year. It's one thing to be the one on the undercard with ace potential; it's another to make the leap and become your company's ace.

Anth0ny

Some of y'all need to chill. Seth is winning the belt. They're feeding Finn to him to (a) justify how high they took Finn and build him up for the future, (b) not bore us to death with more Seth v Roman (e.g. give us a break from it), (c) tell us who the stars of RAW are going to be booking-wise with those fatal four ways and (d) WE DIDN'T HAVE MCMAHON BULLSHIT AT ALL!

Sasha's victory, the always-excellent Enzo and Cass, both 4-ways...this was a great RAW and people are whining. C'mon!

same old gimmick posters just being contrarian like always

raw was great

This was the same meh 3 hour RAW's we've gotten since they started being three hours, except this time, the people the Internet liked won!

Gotta say that was an awesome raw suprised by basically everything sasha winning made me giddy but she deff needs to tighten up she is a bit sloppy balor beating roman was pure magic i think its safe romans taking a back seat at least for now. All i can say balor v rollins will be nothing short of amazing.cant wait to see what smackdown does. Come on bray push

Side note signed up for ps vue and its amazing highly recommend saw the killing joke in theaters and raw taped like a charm

I hope the women's belt swaps around a bit more now. Just get a new champ every couple of months. In almost two years, there have only been three reigns including the reign started tonight.

NightOnyx

My thoughts exactly. I was really surprised when I got on here and saw some people complaining so much. We got a really good Raw and a title match that doesnt have Roman in it to look forward to. I thought more people would be excited. I also thought everyone liked Finn but I guess I was wrong there too. Like you mentioned though, for anybody complaining, it's not like Seth isn't going to win and we get to at least enjoy a match between the two instead of Seth and Roman once again.

Kaladin

If you absolutely hated that Raw, I question your reasons for being here. I actually watched 3 hours without missing a segment for the first time in a while. I had a legit interest in everything and they even made Stroman and Jax look good. I loved the title tournament matches by God they actually did something right in putting Balor over. This new Era is looking good.

dream

I think it's time to update our new top 5 wrestlers. I will start:

1) RKO
2) Alex Rusev
3) Sasha Banks
4) No Way Jose
5) EC3

I don't know if everyone getting a turn is the right way to go either.
I don't mean it like that. But don't have Sasha keep the belt for the next nine months straight, and then toss the belt to Bayley who will do the same before tossing the belt to someone else. Have her lose it in a few months, but then win it back around TLC or the rumble.

KingBroly

Banned
I think he beats Seth but it won't be a long reign. I refuse to believe they aren't just holding Reigns/Rollins until Wrestlemania.

I think at this point they need to get away from Roman for a while. He threw away everything they were trying to do with him for 2 years. Granted, they were failing at it, but still. They cannot put him in another Wrestlemania Main Event after this, unless they turn him heel.

ngower

I think at this point they need to get away from Roman for a while. He threw away everything they were trying to do with him for 2 years. Granted, they were failing at it, but still. They cannot put him in another Wrestlemania Main Event after this, unless they turn him heel.

He's looked solid in the last two matches. I think letting him feud away from the title/main event picture for a while would actually be really smart. Get some of that heat off him, let him win fans over with actual wrestling matches and not Superman invincibility. He's not Cena, stop trying to make him be Cena. Come Wrestlemania people might actually like him.

Top Bottom