• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT| ALT+CTRL DELETE DELETE DELETE NERO, IT'S OVAH!

Browny

Banned
For Seph:

pghlkrw-1.jpg

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
You beat that game, pal?

No, me and the Alpha Female are going to be doing it together this weekend. We were both playing at the same time and we just said LETS JUST DO IT TOGETHER AND AVOID SPOILERS. So that's the plan. Full report Monday.

That is... something special...

Off topic - vote time. I have films to catch up on. Which one first? Deadpool or John Wick.

Deadpool, for all the "it's so different!" shit that comic book manlets talk about was just the same old shit, just less spectacle. I didn't hate it, but it wasn't special.

kQvJm46.jpg

YTR for ROH champ, goddamnit!

Deadpool, for all the "it's so different!" shit that comic book manlets talk about was just the same old shit, just less spectacle. I didn't hate it, but it wasn't special.

So much this. It was fine, mindless, enjoyable fun - like most comic book movies. A bit better in some areas, a bit worse in others, but just an all-round good popcorn flick. TBH, I'm entirely sick of the hype surrounding these films now.

Zach

No, me and the Alpha Female are going to be doing it together this weekend. We were both playing at the same time and we just said LETS JUST DO IT TOGETHER AND AVOID SPOILERS. So that's the plan. Full report Monday.

Cool. My lady had plans with a friend on Wednesday night, so I finished it without her like the scoundrel I am. But she came over yesterday and we finished it together. We both give it high marks. I plan to give it another go soon to find all of the seeecrets.

bjork

Uncle is coming by today, which will be the first time I've seen him since my grandmother's funeral in December. Apparently I have to sign some kind of tax papers that say if there is a lien that shows up anywhere, I will pay my share of whatever is owed. Once that is done, in a few days I should be going to sign for a check that is 1/2 of what would've been my mother's share of inheritance/will stuff (the other half of my mom's share goes to my dad), so student loans are going away and bjork might finally go back to Maui for good. It's exciting, but sad and kinda scary all at the same time. Anyway...

Happy whatever is going on in Canada today, tough guys

Jkd4VNc.jpg

I'll never make that wall. I like/hate wrestling, but from this all I can think is that I'm just not as vocal as some of you.

The key is to never post about wrestling. It also keeps the thread lively when it veers off course for a page or two.

The OT we deserve. All this TNA love...

On a different note, 3 years ago this very minute I was sitting in a hospital, waiting to be cut open and have a tumour the size of a grapefruit removed from my abdomen. The following six weeks of recovery was when I came across Neogaf, and more specifically this thread. I'd like to thank each and every one of you - past and present - for making each day an entertaining one. Not a day goes past without someone making me chuckle, sharing an interesting match or titbit or whathaveyou. So thank you.

I mention this as not only has it been three years, but I also just got the results of my last CT scan, and I'm 3 years cancer free. And also I'm off work all next week. And I'm going to buy cheesecake.

This is a great story. I've lost a handful of people to cancer, so hearing that someone squashed it is always a good feeling.

RBH

The OT we deserve. All this TNA love...

On a different note, 3 years ago this very minute I was sitting in a hospital, waiting to be cut open and have a tumour the size of a grapefruit removed from my abdomen. The following six weeks of recovery was when I came across Neogaf, and more specifically this thread. I'd like to thank each and every one of you - past and present - for making each day an entertaining one. Not a day goes past without someone making me chuckle, sharing an interesting match or titbit or whathaveyou. So thank you.

I mention this as not only has it been three years, but I also just got the results of my last CT scan, and I'm 3 years cancer free. And also I'm off work all next week. And I'm going to buy cheesecake.

And:

mrmix9Y.gif
That's awesome, glad to hear

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I'm sad Blue couldn't put for the A+ effort and get to the 2k marker

Hollywood Rock

I mean, that's kind of what I thought but I don't understand why the entire group dressed as current roster members except one guy who's like "fuck that i get to be the rock."

That is... something special...

Off topic - vote time. I have films to catch up on. Which one first? Deadpool or John Wick.
Enjoyed both movies but I'm leaning towards John Wick. Fantastic movie.

Have you guys seen that Johnny Mundo LU merchandise? Talk about tacky.

The criminal charges against WWE legend Jerry "The King" Lawler in his domestic violence case against him and his fiancee have been dropped by prosecutors, according to TMZ report.

Lawler, 66 and his fiancee, Lauryn McBride, 27 were arrested in Memphis on June 17th accusing each other of domestic violence. It was also reported that a gun was pulled out.

A judge ordered the pair to remain away from each other while the case was on-going to determine who the aggressor was, although it now appears neither side wanted to testify against each other and the case was dropped.

Lawler's attorney told the Memphis Commercial Appeal that the whole thing has been "a big understanding and won't happen again. We are happy with the outcome."

Lawler is currently indefinitely suspended by WWE.

Did you all see Jericho put over Nakamura? Kinda cool, basically he said Nakamura will be a WWE champion. He also said that Wyatt would be champion within a year in 2014.

Caderfix

That promo where Rollins and Dean talked about Reign's tweet was weird. Both Seth and Steph buried Roman, while Dean's was like like "Yep, he fucked up. There's nothing left to say.". I was surprised that they acknowledged it.

I hope he doesn't get the title back at battleground.

Fox318

Did you all see Jericho put over Nakamura? Kinda cool, basically he said Nakamura will be a WWE champion. He also said that Wyatt would be champion within a year in 2014.

Does the main title even matter if they have 2 belts?

Just like with Cena's US title it only matters if the programming is designed to matter.

Is this the same as their youtube subscription service?

It's replacing their youtube service - they jumped the gun a bit there, as youtube doesn't allow subscriptions in certain countries (Germany, most notably) and the provider NJPW uses for their service recently started offering hosting to other wrestling promotions. I presume STARDOM get a better deal from them than they did from youtube, hence the switch.

pariah164

With all the things going on in wrestling, the only thing I'm truly excited about right now is Damien Sandow coming to WCPW later this month.

Not sure if that says anything about me, or about mainstream wrestling, but eh.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
With all the things going on in wrestling, the only thing I'm truly excited about right now is Damien Sandow coming to WCPW later this month.

Not sure if that says anything about me, or about mainstream wrestling, but eh.

Are you a Menome alt?

Top Bottom