• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Break Out Naan And Do The Needful, It's Time For MaharaJEEEEEZUSS

WWE games look ok, but have way too many bugs. The weird shit that goes on makes it watchable for me, but I haven't bought a WWE game since I was about 10.

WWE 2K17 = ok looking, shit loads of bugs, stuff cut

Fire Pro = hurts my eyes, looks like some game my dad played when he was lil

considering your age, these comments do not surprise me

N64 AKI WCW/WWF games > Fire Pro

b3504bae34b9e3f191cc1276887d0b8d10ea422c_hq.gif

KoC2 > AKI wrestling games

For those hating on KoC2, have you guys played KoC2? Maybe that is more your cup of tea.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUH3F51tG3w

Foggy

I've been gaming on PC since the DOS days, it's MUCH easier now for sure, but I can't agree about the hassle. Look at the Steam controller, I probably spend 10 minutes or so fiddling around to get the controls right each time I play a new game, that's on-top of however long it took me to fiddle about with the graphics settings to get it running right. I prefer console gaming, my PC gaming's almost exclusively reserved for strategy games nowadays and other genres that don't really work or aren't popular on console. Don't see that changing anytime soon, tbh.

That degree of customization is exactly why I steered clear of the Steam controller. But it does speak to the nature of PC gaming, it's only as complex as you want it to be.

Really, the only downside to PC gaming is conditioning yourself to be on the lookout for shit ports and/or waiting for the shit ports to be patched or fixed by Durante.

I was never able to get into Shmups. They just never clicked with me.

No Julyger this year, bois v_v.

When it comes to shmups I think it is good to start with something like Mushihimesama Futari that has a relatively simple scoring system. When a scoring system 'clicks' the gameplay falls into place way more readily. You sort of know where you need to be and what you need to do intuitively. Ketsui is hard as nails but has a good and relatively simple scoring system too. Can always boot it up on MAME to give it a go.

Games like Ikaruga I find to be too much like a high paced puzzle game in comparison.

It is time for Julyger too.

On today's Observer Radio, Dave said going forward Bo Dallas and Curtis Axel will be with the Miz and replacing Maryse, due to Maria's and Mike Bennett's gimmick being too similar to theirs

Not even gonna comment. Just. Holy shit.

Hasney

On today's Observer Radio, Dave said going forward Bo Dallas and Curtis Axel will be with the Miz and replacing Maryse, due to Maria's and Mike Bennett's gimmick being too similar to theirs

Being married is now a gimmick.... Good job they split Lana and Rusev too, I guess.

Beefy

If Vince wasn't in charge I would call this bullshit

Tom Nook

HAHAHAHAHA

What's wrong having one couple on SD and the other on RAW?

There is an urban legend that Miyamoto saw a burn victim's ruined body and told Rare, "Make me a game that looks like that and plays like how that person would move."

bj3.15_4.gif

Tagyhag

Jesus Christ they just GUTTED Miz.

Wtf do they care about "similar gimmicks" when they have vanilla ass babyfaces like Rollins and Balor doing the same vanilla ass shit every night.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder

But the Kanellis's are on smackdown...

Fuck sakes WWE.

RBH

This company continues to push me further away from watching their shows with decisions like this.

T.v

So one one brand you have a couple that has been incredibly entertaining for months, and on the other you have one that seems dead on arrival, judging by that awful introduction.

Makes perfect sense to break up the former.

Nope. Don't like this.

Nothing against Dallas or Axel either. They could have all worked together.

Egg0

Banned

What's up with Bo and Axel? Are they permanently stuck together now? Last time I saw Bo he was beating up jobbers Braun style.

In 1996, a guy didn't agree with Dave's review of a Sabu vs RVD match and wrote in about it and it's the most amazing thing ever.

I recently read your description of the first Sabu-Rob Van Dam match in ECW and all I can say is, what the hell is your problem? In my opinion, and that of just about everybody who saw it, the match was amazing and one of the three best matches in this country thus far this year.

You said the match had only one element and went on to say there were tons of missed spots, no intensity and no believability. Is this really how you saw this match? This is one of the most asinine descriptions I've ever read and I feel that it embarrassed you as a writer, embarrassed your publication and embarrassed every one of your subscribers. The match I saw on TV was 20 minutes of amazing intensity with the crowd going crazy for every move and the guys selling every single move like they were dead. The intensity was unmatched by any match I've seen in this country for five years. Tons of missed spots? I saw one missed clothesline by Sabu, and it still grazed Van Dam's head. Other than that, the match was nearly flawless. They did hundreds of crazy spots and connected amazingly on every single one of them. What match were you watching? No believability? When I see them fighting on a table without it giving way but then I see Sabu fly through it, I believe that it really hurt. When I see them nailing each other with stiff kicks and punches, pulling out every move in their respective arsenal and nailing each other hard with chairs, it looks a lot more believable than anything else I can imagine.

What are you expecting from a worked match to be believable? When I watch a worked match with Rey Misterio Jr. and Psicosis, I love every minute of it even though I realize that nothing they do would actually be possible in a shoot. That style of match is not believable on any level. But I love it and you love it. So why blast Sabu and Van Dam for not having believable, intense matches but praise Misterio Jr. and Psicosis?

You also said they resembled the Sabu imitators that have no clue how to work a match. Your description totally lacked validity. I've seen El Puerto Ricano, Devon Storm and all the other Sabu imitators and none of them has ever worked a match the calibre of what Sabu and Van Dam did.

Then you said the match looked as fake as a prelim match with green indie guys. Explain this ridiculous and stupid statement. They worked their asses off. They bent chairs. They broke tables. They dropped each other on their heads. They dropped each other on the floor. They did daredevil flips and leaps into the crowd and never stopped the entire match. They even mixed in some good solid mat wrestling, power moves and submission moves.

Finally you said that the majority of the wrestlers in WWF and WCW would see this match and think it was terrible. What right would Shark have to watch this match and say it was awful? Or Duggan? Or Hogan? Or Meng? Or Yokozuna? Or Undertaker? None of these men have worked a decent match in the last ten years and some in their entire career. The talent roster of WWF and WCW would have no right criticizing this match because they all wish they could put on the kind of performance Sabu and Van Dam did. When has a crowd ever watched a match with Big Bubba and cared? So if he watched the match, saw the crowd chanting both men's name and the name of the promotion and say they aren't any better than me? That's bull.

Lastly, I have a couple of comments for Steven Grant. He said that ECW is about as real as Bushwhackers matches. When I see Sandman and Pit Bull #2 take chair shots to the head that bend the chair without putting so much as a hand up, I believe it. When I see Sandman put welts on jobbers' backs with a cane, I really he is really destroying them because I can see the damage. In ECW, guys legitimately get metal chairs bent over their heads, get put through thick tables, bend metal guard rails with their bodies and have the most believable looking brawls I've ever seen when I see someone run to the ring with a garbage pail full of weapons and beat the hell out of whomever is in front of them. I've never seen wrestling as believable looking as ECW in this country. Why don't you ask Brian Lee to throw you off the upper stage or choke slam you through two tables, or ask Sabu to DDT you through a table and see if it's believable?

ECW is the best wrestling I've ever seen in this country and I've been a fan for about 12 years. It amazes me how people try and downgrade the greatness of ECW just because they aren't as big as the two garbage wrestling promotions that I'm forced to watch every Monday night and forced to read about the next Monday. The next time you watch ECW TV, please remove your head from your ass before reviewing the matches and give a fair and unbiased opinion to the readers of your publication and try and regain your now lost credibility.

T.v

Bo and Axel were pretty great when they were actually on tv during their social outcasts run, so I won't complain about them getting more screentime. A dysfunctional family with Miz could even work, Miz could get them over, but there is no reason to take Maryse out of the equation.

Anth0ny

adding this one to the google doc

#5years

Top Bottom