• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jurassic GAF |OT| The Park is closed, the World is open

So this one may be a bit of a game changer - it looks like Neal Scanlan's Creature Shop (Star Wars TFA, R1, Etc.) will be heading the animatronics in Jurassic World 2, not Legacy Effects.

13JixfK.jpg

Some how that first post of yours was literally inaccessible to me until you made the second. Well, not completely so - I could see it on the new reply page. Seems like the topic broke for a minute lol.

Anyway, that's pretty crazy. Can't wait to see what they churn out.

So cool how many Jurassic Park fans also tend to be Godzilla fans. I go to Godzilla fest (G-Fest) in Chicago every July and when I wear my Jurassic Park shirt there I get so many compliments. Speaking of G-Fest, I wish Jurassic Park fandom had some sort of get together/convention... Id be there in a heartbeat.
I'd hope you at least setup there as a faux JP gift shop to sell some of your duplicates (or not) and/or have folks pose for photos or something.

I'd hope you at least setup there as a faux JP gift shop to sell some of your duplicates (or not) and/or have folks pose for photos or something.

Id definitely have enough to sell some lol. While we are on the subject I must say finding/collecting Jurassic Park stuff is incredibly difficult and expensive. I go to flea markets a lot in search of anything Jurassic related and many times I go home empty handed. Outside of eBay the chances of finding anything is incredibly slim, and things on eBay are usually way over priced. When you do finally find something its a great feeling though. Its a difficult but fun hobby.

Oh yeah and lately I've been trying to track down every variation released of both novels (different covers etc). I think am only missing a few different versions/releases now, will post when I think I have it complete.

Love Cromwell, very good news. With casting news left and right and Marshall's tweet I can only imagine we'll start getting more details soon. Wish they'd drop the damn title.

DonMigs85

I wonder if Rexy and Blue will team up again in this. Maybe Star-Lord returned to Isla Nublar and found a way to tame Rexy even

Any of you live near Minley, Surrey UK? It's about an hour from Pinewood Studios, London.. reports of outdoor sets have surfaced!

Hawley Common will be used for “primary set build, filming and support areas, including parking and unit base.” Filming at Hawley Common is set to begin on Tuesday 18th April and will wrap on Tuesday 2nd May, with construction and deconstruction taking place before and after. The breakdown for set build and sequences is as follows (refer to picture for reference):

• Location 1 (lower location): Set construction at the western end of the hardstanding, consisting of rear elevation of a house. Scripted action to involve an approach from the east by vehicles and cast on foot. Cast subsequently flee in response to a dramatic event. Scene to be modified by VFX in post production. [may use atmospheric smoke machines]
  • Location 2 (upper location): Set construction at south east end of location, comprising elements of the front elevation of a house. Dressing in front of set (including vegetation props) to create grand approach to imagined structure. Vehicles are seen arriving at the location. Scene to be modified with VFX in post production. [may use atmospheric smoke machines]

They will also be filming only at night nearby at the former Pyestock Jet Engine test site (Hartland Park, Bramshot Lane, Farnborough), which consists of one large set, a basecamp, and a helicopter landing zone. The breakdown is as follows (refer to picture above for reference)

• This set build space contains 4-5 set structures, the tallest being 11 meters high. These structures will primarily be used as backdrop for filming activity. Helicopter landing zone is attached adjacent to structures. Scene involves use of a Bell Huey Helicopter and wind machines.

These sites are close to 'Minley Manor' and the 'Royal Engineers Gibraltar Barracks'

Hmmm. That is definitely not one of the Jurassic World raptors. Looks far more like JP1.

Wonder if it's from the movie or one of Chronicle's maquettes or something.

It's actually the bust Legacy Effects created for Jurassic World - it's not screen accurate to the dinosaur in the film, as it was just made for general reference and promo images.

Sadly not a peak into JW2 IMO, it's probably just a decoration at the production offices. I really do hope they tease an animatronic soon though!

Jawmuncher

What other franchise on this level gets so often ignored by merchandising companies as Jurassic Park?

I'm hoping merchandising is in full swing with JW2. Everyone was caught off-guard by the success of JW. I remember when people said at most it would make 100 million opening weekend. When a movie open's to 200 million +, there's obviously a need for lots of merchandise. Especially merchandise that doesn't suck.

But for your question, I can't really think of any IP that's big which has gotten shunned on merchandising as much as JP has.

Fuchsdh

It's actually the bust Legacy Effects created for Jurassic World - it's not screen accurate to the dinosaur in the film, as it was just made for general reference and promo images.

Sadly not a peak into JW2 IMO, it's probably just a decoration at the production offices. I really do hope they tease an animatronic soon though!

That bust looks a lot nicer than the raptors we got in the film, IMO.

Yeah I think the raptors were fine. Was more an issue on the day time CG, which is always a hassle

The CG work on Blue in that up close shot is pretty amazing to be honest. The lighting is very meticulous when you consider the shading on the skin texture which is very very detailed and complex. It doesn't even look CG to me.

What other franchise on this level gets so often ignored by merchandising companies as Jurassic Park?

Its partly why Hasbro just lost the license.
Mattel might not have had their product ready though and I also think Hasbro's doesn't end technically until the Summer.
Maybe we will see something around SDCC.

Ohhhhhh shit ohhhhhh shit

Ohhhhhhhhhhh shiiiitttttttttt

Oh shit.

Man, guys, with Bayona directing this, holy shit. I just have a great feeling.

C6bARn8XEAIwWqg.jpg:orig

We're in for such a visual treat with Jurassic World 2.

So, what dinos are on display in that room? My best guesses are as follows:

On back left of the photo is a small therapod dinosaur, which may possibly be a Velociraptor Herrerasaurus (though it’s hard to tell) – middle left appears to be an Edmontosaurus, and front left appears to be a Juvenile Tyrannosaurus Rex/Nanotyrannus (see: Jane). Back right is a Protoceratops, followed by a Kosmoceratops, and finally closest to the frame is likely an Euoplocephalus or perhaps Edmontonia. The large skull center frame is a bit of a curiosity, but I currently speculate it’s a Agujaceratops.

Anyone going to the first official Jurassic Park fan event in Philadelphia on Sunday? I'll be there (hosting it!)

http://www.jurassicworld.com/events/jurassic-world-exhibition-community-event

I wish I could too. Unfortunately the finances and the timing just didn't line up.

Very recently uncovered new concept art from Jurassic World, including alternative designs for the Indominus and Velociraptors:

More at the link!
I would have loved to have seen at least ONE of those JP3 like raptors. Looks cool.

Got my second special screening of the year for Jurassic Park tonight. The previous show was in San Antonio with a live orchestra playing the score along with the movie - spent $600 to fly out go see it lol. This time it's at the local Alamo Drafthouse, so it'll be a tad cheaper.

Alamo Drafthouse said:
Hold on to your butts, it’s the interactive epic 65 million years in the making!

Travel back with us to a time when John Hammond had a simple dream of satisfying his lawyers and insurance agents so that he could open a park where humans would once again be free to walk the earth with massive creatures that enjoy killing them, even when they're hiding in the bathroom. So get in your self-driving electric jeep and pay attention to the rippling water in that plastic cup as you make your way to the theater, and prepare for a JURASSIC PARK experience unlike any other!

We spared no expense -- flashlights & mini dinosaurs you can keep! Smell-along cards so you can actually SMELL the dinos! -- so you're sure to love this trip to the PARK. After all, what could possibly go wrong?

https://drafthouse.com/phoenix/show/jurassic-park-movie-party

Smell-along cards. Yo.

Jawmuncher

Might be in the other thread, but to lazy to check.
Looks like there's set pics of a Dino Truck, News Truvk, Manaion, Dilophosaurus and some long neck dinosaur.

Top Bottom