• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Just Cause 3 |OT| Procedural Chaos

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
The game arrived today from ups, it was scheduled to be delivered tomorrow. Never had a game arrive before the release date, this is quite nice.

Zf6Z4Ip.jpg

They're not like G2A.

Are too. They're "grey market" key resellers, Steam has revoked keys sold by them just like they sometimes do with G2A.

http://www.kitguru.net/gaming/matthew-wilson/steam-is-revoking-sniper-elite-iii-keys/

http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/2tlejw/ubisoft_is_banning_cd_keys_bought_off_websites/

Bottom line: If you want to be 100% certain that you'll always have access to the game you bought, get it from Steam, GMG or any other legitimate key vendor.

Hale_C

Re Cdkeys, I'd never trust a reseller who asks you to send them passport/driving licence/similar ID just to get a key. They tried that with me last time I bought something from them, at least they were quick to issue a refund when I refused.

You could charitably argue they're preventing competitors and ebayers from taking their stock to resell themselves, but it's still a super dodgy practice.

Edit: Sorry, my bad, this was actually G2Play, not Cdkeys. Ignore my babbling.

Hip Hop

What we can say right now with a fair amount of confidence is that the GTX 950 paired with a Haswell Core i3 processor can easily run Just Cause 3 at 1080p maxed with SMAA anti-aliasing and 8x anisotropic filtering and stay well north of 30fps. Our 'go to' card for budget PC gaming - the GTX 750 Ti - does struggle though, dipping to a minimum 23fps even with shadow quality pared back to the high setting (though overclocking can help).

From the DF performance anaysis

Thanks for that article. Didn't know about this.

I have an i5 and GTX 670 and as long as I can run it maxed at 1080p with at least 30fps. The console performance was getting me worried a bit but I guess I'll make the purchase.

EDIT:

How big is the preload size?

Chris R

I have an i5 and GTX 670 and as long as I can run it maxed at 1080p with at least 30fps. The console performance was getting me worried a bit but I guess I'll make the purchase.

EDIT:

38.5GB download.

Aselith

EDIT:

The X50 Nividia stuff is very underpowered compared to the 60's and 70's. Your 670 is almost certainly better than their 750.

Granted this isn't a guarantee but if you look at where the 750 falls versus 670 the difference is pretty stark

http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/high_end_gpus.html

Unity2012

Do we know if the game has day/night cycle, weather effects, etc?

I have seen a lot of crazy-amazing videos but not night time, rain or any other effects.
I am looking forward to explore this whole islands chain and embrace chaos.

Do we know if the game has day/night cycle, weather effects, etc?

I have seen a lot of crazy-amazing videos but not night time, rain or any other effects.
I am looking forward to explore this whole islands chain and embrace chaos.

Yes day/night and weather.

hbkdx12

Unlocks in 9 hours on PS4 for me. I can't wait!

So annoying this unlocks 3am est. I wish PSN would form some kind of consistency around what hour games unlock.

It seems like really high profile games will unlock 12am EST and less notable ones will unlock 3am EST

Nokterian

It's now december first in EU..and the game is still locked..why are you doing this square? It doesn't make any sense...........

Are too. They're "grey market" key resellers, Steam has revoked keys sold by them just like they sometimes do with G2A.

http://www.kitguru.net/gaming/matthew-wilson/steam-is-revoking-sniper-elite-iii-keys/

http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/2tlejw/ubisoft_is_banning_cd_keys_bought_off_websites/

Bottom line: If you want to be 100% certain that you'll always have access to the game you bought, get it from Steam, GMG or any other legitimate key vendor.

G2A lets anyone sell keys through their site CDKeys does not, that's the point I was making. They're both well into the gray market that's not debatable. Green Man Gaming has had its fair share of issues recently.

Not going to pollute this OT with a debate that's been beaten to death already.

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69

CDKeys is not like g2a. Any swinging dick can sell a key on G2a or Kinguin. CDKeys is supplying keys themselves. They're physical copies bought in cheaper regions and they send you a photo of the Steam key. As of recently, they're exactly as legit as GMG who is also not buying keys from publishers anymore and using regional pricing fuckery.

Phionoxx

PC unlock time on Steam (less than an hour) is that region based or a worldwide set unlock? Might have to take a quick trip over to London if it is region based.

phant0m

The game arrived today from ups, it was scheduled to be delivered tomorrow. Never had a game arrive before the release date, this is quite nice.

Same. My day one code doesn't work, I assume they won't go live until tomorrow. Playing on PS4 now.

Lettuce

I have the same setup basically, but my 750 Ti is factory overclocked, my 2500k is at 4 Ghz, but only 8 GB of RAM. From what I can gather, I agree with the previous post: we should hit console visual fidelity at 1080p with 30+ FPS, possibly better even.

4Ghz!!, how hard was it to hit that, i think they turbo to 3.7Ghz dont they, was that with stock cooler?

whyman

So I preordered the game with GMG. I have preloaded it on steam. Will my preorder bonus stuff be there right away or will I be sent a code for this?

4Ghz!!, how hard was it to hit that, i think they turbo to 3.7Ghz dont they, was that with stock cooler?

4GHz is ridiculously easy to hit with a 2500k, you can basically just change the multiplier in the bios and it should be fine with the stock cooler.

Pagusas

Elden Member

4ghz is nothing, and achievable by pretty much all of them. The 2500k and 2600k are absolute beast. I'm at a "light" oc of 4.5ghz on my 2600k with barely even messing with it.

Lettuce

My PC Specs...

i5-2500k
GTX 750Ti
16GB RAM
SSD

will this be good enough to run at 1080p on high settings?

What we can say right now with a fair amount of confidence is that the GTX 950 paired with a Haswell Core i3 processor can easily run Just Cause 3 at 1080p maxed with SMAA anti-aliasing and 8x anisotropic filtering and stay well north of 30fps. Our 'go to' card for budget PC gaming - the GTX 750 Ti - does struggle though, dipping to a minimum 23fps even with shadow quality pared back to the high setting (though overclocking can help).

Thanks, so it the 750 Ti thats letting me down then?. For me i have always found anything above 4x AA and AF to be diminishing returns and hits the framerate too hard for little return in the gfx department, i would be more than happy with 'High' Preset and 4x AA & AF!

Is there a more powerful card on the market that doesnt require extra power from the PSU via the 6 pin leads from the PSU and just runs of the power from the PCI-E slot?

Woo-Fu

Banned
So I preordered the game with GMG. I have preloaded it on steam. Will my preorder bonus stuff be there right away or will I be sent a code for this?

The link in the e-mail they sent me this morning took me to a screen on their webpage that listed the game code on top and the dlc code in the middle. You might want to go back and see if you missed the code.

whyman

The link in the e-mail they sent me this morning took me to a screen on their webpage that listed the game code on top and the dlc code in the middle. You might want to go back and see if you missed the code.

Damn. I only got the game code. Cant find any link to a page like you describe and its not under My Games. Oh well lets hope for the best!

SomTervo

Re Cdkeys, I'd never trust a reseller who asks you to send them passport/driving licence/similar ID just to get a key. They tried that with me last time I bought something from them, at least they were quick to issue a refund when I refused.

You could charitably argue they're preventing competitors and ebayers from taking their stock to resell themselves, but it's still a super dodgy practice.

They've never done that to me?

Not defending them, but that sounds extra weird.

Never asked me for that.

Ok yep this game is fucked.

Waiting three minutes to start a minigame then another three every time I retry? Total bullshit. Not to mention all the skills are locked behind the fucking things.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
So all you liars who said it would unlock now, how does it feel to be a dirty stinking liar.

Top Bottom