• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Justice Department Defies Court Deadline To Release Sessions' Contacts With Russians

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
NPR

In defiance of a court order, the Justice Department is refusing to release part of a security form dealing with Attorney General Jeff Sessions' contacts with the Russian government.

On June 12, a judge had ordered the agency to provide the information within 30 days, a deadline which passed on Wednesday.

A status conference in the case is scheduled for 10 a.m. Thursday at the U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia.

mclem

It's always encouraging to see a justice department defying a court.

No wait, encouraging isn't the right word is it? Terrifying, that's the one I was after. So easy to confuse those two.

Clerical error. Am submitting with Trump when he gets his tax info together. Nothing to worry or see our talk about.

🙈🙉🙊

Ac30

entremet

Again, this is why we need an independent prosecutor. Mueller is not independent, not because he's not a man of integrity, but because he can technically still be fired by the Executive Branch.

ShaunBRS

All information regarding foreign contacts is removed.

Here's the thing about that, though... shouldn't it be empty?

image2qaj2o.png

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
Maybe he just forgot the deadline?

But seriously, this is hilariously brazen. Its almost like Sessions thinks anything will happen to him in the short time and hes probably right.

Binabik15

Checks and balances. Checks and balances.

I think even corrupt as fuck Euro politicians *cough*Berlusconi*cough* would be hesistant to pull half the shit the Republicans do in public.

Zolo

Checks and balances. Checks and balances.

I think even corrupt as fuck Euro politicians *cough*Berlusconi*cough* would be hesistant to pull half the shit the Republicans do in public.

They generally would. Trump helped Republicans realize (and his own admin) that you can be blatantly corrupt.

jelly

A republican controlled government just decided that the rules mean nothing anymore.

They seem like guidelines at this point. Would Democrats ever change the laws/guidelines in Government if they managed to control both houses so there was zero wiggle room. Trump has shown what a weak framework many aspects of government have.

Natasha Bertrand
✔
@NatashaBertrand
Replying to @NatashaBertrand

Per DOJ spox, Kislyak not listed b/c Sessions "was instructed not to list meetings" he had as Senator with foreign dignitaries & their staff

so who instructed him not to list those meetings? Trump? Kushner? Bannon?

DEnjdFMXYAAddS9.jpg

He needs to go down hard. If there is one person in this administration that gets destroyed I hope it's him. I wish Warren could have grilled him at the hearing.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
He needs to go down hard. If there is one person in this administration that gets destroyed I hope it's him. I wish Warren could have grilled him at the hearing.

It really does take a special set of skills to become the most hated man among a murderers row such as Trump, Cornyn, Cruz, Christie, Bannon, Millr, etc...

But I am with you, Sessions deserves nothing but the worst.

KingV

This and the sweetheart deal for the Russian lawyer are such bullshit.

I just called my R Senator (who sits on the Judiciary Committee) to support a subpoena of Sessions.

No idea if it will move the needle, but I've been facing and/or calling them something everyday about Russia or Trumpcare.

Shauni

If the court holds him in contempt, can Congress really do anything? Does it even involve them at that point?

Tovarisc

If the court holds him in contempt, can Congress really do anything? Does it even involve them at that point?

He provided requested documents, will courts care about them being redacted?

Why GOP controlled congress would go after one of their own?

Shauni

He provided requested documents, will courts care about them being redacted?

I don't know, for them to decide I guess. Feels like a violation of the request to me unless the FBI really did tell him to do it due to the investigation

Why GOP controlled congress would go after one of their own?

...No, which is why I'm talking about the court in question. If he's held in contempt by the court, what can Congress do?

It really does take a special set of skills to become the most hated man among a murderers row such as Trump, Cornyn, Cruz, Christie, Bannon, Millr, etc...

But I am with you, Sessions deserves nothing but the worst.

This administration has 3 branches.
1) Racist Branch - Sessions, Bannon & Miller
2) Propaganda Branch - Bannon, Kelly Ann, Sanders & Spicy
3) Corrupt Branch - Kushnar, Trump, Tillerson, Pruit etc

He's a living embodiment of an 1800's southern Confederate politician. I find him the most threatening of the administration as he's the head cop on America.

Top Bottom