• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

'Justice League' screening held, reactions

MattKeil

BIGTIME TV MOGUL #2
You shouldn't. They probably saw from the massive success of Wonder Woman that people like superheroes that are superheroes, coherent to their schtick, and probably went back to the drawing board for Justice League. I'm not expecting any grimdark bullshit like the previous two movies.

I would definitely hope this would be Whedon's focus once he got into the driver's seat but I can only remain skeptical until more info is out there without an NDA slapped on it.

Sounds like it'll at least be enjoyable to watch. Still totally expecting an absolute mess of editing and story. There's no way you'd get something coherent from Snyder x Whedon mashup of madness.

anaron

The last Third is pretty bad man, not enough to ruin the movie but it's really in Stark contrast to the rest of the good movie
Nah.

"You're wrong about them. They're everything you say, but so much more." Scene is the best.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
What the fuck? no really, What the fuck? WHAT ARE YOU DOING DC!!

Screw this and screw everything. You don't do that to Batman. Fuck. You. WB executives.

And especially fuck Joss Whedon. Hack.

#supportdcfilms

Problems:
People are going to hate Batman. The movie leans on Batman for the comedic parts and it's awkward. There is a moment (and I haven't been told what this moment is) that channels the Adam West Batman. If it stays in the film, Affleck will probably regret accept the role and some feel, would sink the film. There is a lot of pull to leave it in because of Adam West's passing. There is hope it will be cut and they will do a dedication credit instead. Even with that moment removed, his moments in the film aren't good.

I knew this was going to be a problem ever since the first trailer. Batman's trying to recruit a team of superheroes and goes after Aquaman in a crowded bar and rips on him for no damn reason. The scene makes absolutely no sense for many reasons, one of the bigger ones being Batman as a character would never place himself in danger just to quip at someone. Also, what is someone recognized him as Bruce Wayne, saw Batman and Aquaman fighting off the apocalypse together on the news and put two and two together?

I absolutely hated the early trailers for this and I think this is confirmation of the character assassination.

Coming from special effect people, they feel the effects could have been so much better. There was too much time when money was spent and nobody was in charge of the film and it's too late to fix. Most of the concerns come from the villains.

I'm gonna be seriously disappointed if they do the same thing with Steppenwolf that they
did with Ares, which is putting non-threatening old man Ciarán Hinds's face on a monster body with CGI.

jett

D-Member
I knew this was going to be a problem ever since the first trailer. Batman's trying to recruit a team of superheroes and goes after Aquaman in a crowded bar and rips on him for no damn reason. The scene makes absolutely no sense for many reasons, one of the bigger ones being Batman as a character would never place himself in danger just to quip at someone. Also, what is someone recognized him as Bruce Wayne, saw Batman and Aquaman fighting off the apocalypse together on the news and put two and two together?

I absolutely hated the early trailers for this and I think this is confirmation of the character assassination.

I'm gonna be seriously disappointed if they do the same thing with Steppenwolf that
they did with Ares, which is putting non-threatening old man Ciarán Hinds's face on a monster body with CGI.

Ciaran Hinds only did mocap. I don't think his face will be showing up anywhere.

Raptor

If everything is true the only good thing this movie will do is making me like BvS more maybe.

It all sounds like pure trash.

I'ma just wait bc every single screening of DC films (unless the movie is really bad) are almost always positive first before the critics come in to dash hopes and dreams.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Is it bad that I'm hoping for a Batman with some comedy in him? Let him have his quips with the rest of the team! Give him some funny.
The trailers already showed us that he's gonna have a good bit of jokes and I'm honestly not really into that. Flash and the others can have the quips, Batman is supposed to be the super serious guy and if he does joke, it's supposed to make you do a double take since it's so rare.

shira

Problems:
People are going to hate Batman. The movie leans on Batman for the comedic parts and it's awkward. There is a moment (and I haven't been told what this moment is) that channels the Adam West Batman. If it stays in the film, Affleck will probably regret accept the role and some feel, would sink the film. There is a lot of pull to leave it in because of Adam West's passing. There is hope it will be cut and they will do a dedication credit instead. Even with that moment removed, his moments in the film aren't good.

mVnLgYY.gif

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
There's no way Batman is all jokes, though, that'd be as dumb as having Superman being super serious...oh fuck.

The trailers already showed us that he's gonna have a good bit of jokes and I'm honestly not really into that. Flash and the others can have the quips, Batman is supposed to be the super serious guy and if he does joke, it's supposed to make you do a double take since it's so rare.
Sorry I meant a more sarcastic Batman. Like he's all serious but even he has a limit to things that are stupid or nonsensical.

Sort of like JL Unlimited Batman.

snap

Banned

I'm gonna be seriously disappointed if they do the same thing with Steppenwolf that they
did with Ares, which is putting non-threatening old man Ciarán Hinds's face on a monster body with CGI.

yo it's a dceu thread alright

darfox8

Neo Member
This Thread

Poster: "Be a savy person and don't listen to first reactions"

My Uncle Works at Nintendo: "Says the movie sucks."

Poster: "I fucking knew it. lol."

Haines

Banned
I can't wait for spoilers so I can ruin it for myself?

Sorry but how that OP sounded so hyped for leaks made me vomit a lil

ReiGun

This Thread

Poster: "Be a savy person and don't listen to first reactions"

My Uncle Works at Nintendo: "Says the movie sucks."

Poster: "I fucking knew it. lol."

First reactions aren't trustworthy

unless they say what you already want to believe. ;)

Top Bottom