• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Justified - Season 6 - The Final Showdown - Olyphant & Goggins - Tuesdays on FX

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
The episode is scheduled for 1 hr 15 minutes.

ZpmRpnt.gif

- Maureen Ryan's review:
"Justified" realizes that darkness isn't necessarily all that interesting on its own. When moments of despair or hopelessness are shot through with wry humor and cool intelligence, even the most unpleasant situations can be made bearable, if not downright diverting. That's another way of saying the first few episodes of the final season of "Justified" are about as pleasurable as TV gets.

Wreav

Banned
After the shit show that Coven has been, I desperately need some Goggins in my life.

I love the Olyphant quote about where he goes from here.

"All I'm prepared for is I'm unempoloyed in a few weeks and I'm going to have to take some shitty ass fucking jobs," Olyphant said with a laugh. "All the jobs I've said no to in the past few years I'm going to have to take. Fuck!"

Season premiere tonight:The episode is scheduled for 1 hr 15 minutes.

Nice! And unlike sons of anarchy, I wouldn't mind if all the episodes this season went a bit overtime :p

Very informative and interesting read. I think all fans should check this out.

Pretty much how I feel right now at work while waiting for tonight's premiere. Also, I know I'm a little late, but welcome back Ratsky :)

- IndieWire review:
After watching the first three episodes of "Justified's" sixth and final season, however, I'm back on board. In fact, I can't wait to see more. The focus on the conflict between hotheaded lawman Raylan Givens (Timothy Olyphant) and swaggering outlaw Boyd Crowder (Walton Goggins) is clearly, finally, the focus, but there's also a new clutch of worthy adversaries.

- Slate.com review
The confrontation between Raylan and Boyd, in the works since the series began, imbues the series with some of the urgency it has lacked in recent seasons while it wasted time in the backwaters of Florida and in Detroit high-rises. And yet as rejuvenated as "Justified" feels, it can still be uncomfortably enamored with Raylan’s bad behavior. As the new season begins, Raylan is once again on a short leash at work. Raylan is still unhinged, and yet "Justified" keeps making him look pretty damn cool.

- Slant review
Season six is comparatively slow, and obsessive, which is a relief from the convolutions that had grown to characterize "Justified." We're allowed to savor those great dialogue exchanges between lovers and antagonists that ultimately define the series—rich in history, hurts, and the passing of joints and the knocking back of booze while astutely selected country music plays in the background. Boyd's dissertations continue to be a notable marvel.
- EW review
The neo-Western's end is here at last, and the guns are mostly blazing. The storytelling immediately recharges the Raylan vs. Boyd conflict. B+

- Newsday review
A slightly different and unexpected pleasure too: "Justified" is just a little more contemplative ( a word spoken never within the confines herein..) This series isn't exactly roaring to the finale, but feeling and thinking its way there. Meanwhile, other pleasures await you. That's a guarantee.

BOTTOM LINE Lovvvve it.

GRADE A

2-nyte!

Nice! And unlike sons of anarchy, I wouldn't mind if all the episodes this season went a bit overtime :p

You mean shows can use their inflated run times to add additional story wrinkles and character developments? Bullshit. SoA has trained my brain to only accept that extra time in the form of Katey Sagal covers and buttrock motorcycle chases.

Top Bottom