• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Justified - Season 6 - The Final Showdown - Olyphant & Goggins - Tuesdays on FX

IronRinn

I always thought Dewey Crow was too dumb to die. Last thing I was expecting from that scene. RIP.

Edit: Fuck, Sam Elliot without a mustache freaks me out.

Burt

Gotta add to the :(

It's amazing how callous the entire "good guy" side can be towards Ava. I mean, given Raylan's history and the general track record of their marshall's office in situations like this, you would think that someone would realize that they're pretty much killing her, or if they're aware of it, they'd at least care. I'm not even on team Ava, but this is some cold stuff.

I thought it was a great premiere. I like that the episode simultaneously had a feeling of nostalgia (with lots of nice references to the first season) and a sense of finality. Characters reminiscing about the past and the way things were but also realizing that the end is near and they are ready to move on with the next chapter in their lives, but not before finishing off one last piece of business.

And poor Dewey, the one character still latching on to the good old days and wishing to go back to the way things were is ruthlessly put down by Boyd.

RIP Dewey =(

kzWtqqC.jpg

(I'm extra sad because he had some great lines tonight too)

Raylin: His description matched you to a tee. Nazi tattoo. Funny hair. Stupid looking.
Dewey: That could be 10,000 people.

Dewey: What happened to Tina?
Abigail: She wasn't my sister exaclty.
Dewey: It was nice when you played like you were.

Oh, the season preview looked pretty great too.

Damn, RIP Dewey. If that was setting the tone, this season is going to be brutal in a bleak sort of way, but awesome if you like things dark.

Tokubetsu

All throughout this episode I could feel a slow heartache coming on. I already know this finale is gonna destroy me.

Side Note: The opener is probably the most western opener the show has had since the pilot.

:O on my face.

Great premiere, but man, that ain't right. Poor nitwit got offed to a shocking degree.

That's a sign of the stakes. No one will be safe.

Strong start; welcome back, Justified. Took you long enough.

"What I need is a $6 blowjob; a smarter move I can not imagine." Farewell, sweet prince.

That episode was moving. Still had those entertaining Justified one liners, but they're not wasting any time with the heavy stuff. RIP Dewey with all of his brilliant dumbness.

Avinexus

I can't wait to see what they do with Garret Dillahunt's character; always liked him.

RIP Dewey. They are going for it right from the start.

Dewey was a fool to the end. Couldn't move on. Dude betrays Boyd and expects to get in his good graces like nothing happened? C'mon son. Someone can't be that dumb.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
I had a good feeling Dewey was a goner. He was certainly fun while he lasted.

Regarding the preview:
Dickie Bennett!

let's not be sad for Dewey, it's amazing he made it this long in this brutal world. He got us 5 seasons worth of laugh. Not on to the business

Poor dumb, stupid and not very bright Dewey Crowe.

I really enjoyed the Raylan and Gutterson team-up. They're a great buddy cop duo. I loved their choice of undercover vehicle.

I'm curious where the land purchasing bit goes.

Lots of callbacks to the first season. It's amazing how far these characters have come. It made this really feel like the beginning of the end.

Great episode and solid start to the season.

Pretty much a masterclass in how to do the first episode of a final season. Get the feeling Justified is going to have one of the most graceful finales in TV history.

- Matt Zoller Seitz on last night's episode for NY Mag:
I keep returning to that photo of the miners because it feels like the visual nexus of the whole episode. It's got a touch of that final shot in The Shining, which revealed that Jack Torrance was always the Overlook's inkeeper: the past repeating itself, or never changing into the future. Also, ghosts: The episode is metaphorically haunted by them, haunted by how things were, or how the characters idealistically believe they were. When Ava takes her smoke break and contemplates her impossible situation, Raylan all but materializes in the background, startling her: "You can't sneak up on me like that," she tells him. He replies, "I reach out again and again and I don't hear from you" — the complaint of a spirit trying and failing to get the attention of the living, or perhaps of a living person reaching out to a ghost. Boyd and Ava specifically reference ghosts and hauntings and the living dead in their conversation after that lace-curtain shot. "If we stay in this ghost town, Ava, together or otherwise, how long you think it's gonna be before we turn into ghosts ourselves?" "You're saying that like we ain't dead already," she replies.

"I want to go back," Dewey tells Boyd, his eyes full of tears. "Those were simple days, good days," Boyd says. "It's all coming to an end."

Top Bottom