• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT2| Taking Off the Training Wheels

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peru

IU looked so good at Park So Hyun's radio show today

111205radio.jpg

.. says she realized Santa wasn't real at age 5.. I didn't know parents did the whole santa thing in Korea

Peru

Watching the first episode of K-pop Star.. let me just say.. BOA #1 ALWAYS, NO ONE ABOVE I love her so much, it's so incredible to have her as a regular on a show, it's unbelievable, I never thought this day would come boaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Holy crap, they're strict here, though. Someone who'd traineed for SM for years and could sing perfectly well was dismissed with "no individuality" by BoA and all three voted her straight out. She'd have been through eaaasily first round on Idol or X-Factor.

Sealda

Banned
Awesome OP.

Is anyone using the k-pop thread in the OT section anymore? I always that one was meant for the more "serious" talk meanwhile these threads in the community was more for the guilty pleasure posts.

Anyhow, Ready To Love on After Schools Diva single is better than the Diva (jap. version).

Nevertheless, whoever did the Bang (Jap.) and Diva (Jap.) versions, have some good music tech. skillz. Really, fat beats, for sure.

Ashhong

shit, I go off to celebrate my birthday and the OT2 starts! I didn't get to say goodbye to OT1 :(

Great job OC! I refuse to disable my youtube scripts though, so I dont get the full experience

DXPett1

lol poor SoshiSubs. More content.

Haha I know right, they aren't on top of things since their return. (Gotta admit though I think SoshiSubs were better than iSUBS/RDRSubs for the Running Man episode (bar the fact SoshiSubs didn't do a lot of on-screen text))

ramyeon

Watching the first episode of K-pop Star.. let me just say.. BOA #1 ALWAYS, NO ONE ABOVE I love her so much, it's so incredible to have her as a regular on a show, it's unbelievable, I never thought this day would come boaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Holy crap, they're strict here, though. Someone who'd traineed for SM for years and could sing perfectly well was dismissed with "no individuality" by BoA and all three voted her straight out. She'd have been through eaaasily first round on Idol or X-Factor.

I really liked the whole first episode, and while some of their choices were pretty questionable overall I could see what kind of person they were after. The girl you mentioned was kind of boring despite her good voice and looks. Nothing new at all.

The kpop maniac (forgot his name) was cringe worthy and then he started singing and it was just... Bad.

ramyeon

I agree she wasn't exciting, but she'd been sent through on most shows.

Yeah, but that's JYP and YG for you. They pretty much said they started the show because they found themselves questioning the choices of judges on other talent shows. They're looking from the perspective of a producer and they want someone they can train on their own, not someone who already trained for 5 years with another company. Potential over talent - they even said singing isn't that important to them because that's something they can teach later on.

Didn't quite get the little girl being let through after messing up her song on every try... And then that awfully unfitting sexy dance. But JYP works in mysterious ways :p

Ronok

What I'm about to say saddens me greatly. That was probably the worst concert I've ever been to. Not because of 4minute, G.NA, or B2ST.. It was awful because the crowd was so dull. As soon as they came out on stage a sea of cameras emerged and that was that. Everyone was recording, or taking photos. No one was really getting into it with noise only being made on cue. I felt pretty bad for G.NA because she tried her best to get the crowd worked up, but it just wasn't really working. Of course it turns out that basically everyone was there for B2ST, which is to be expected to a degree, but I saw some people being genuinely rude, while G.NA was performing. Really pissed me off.

Oh and some of the mics weren't working properly. >.>

I'm not sure I'm explaining things properly, but basically...

*Dead crowd until B2ST came on.
*Mics weren't working.
*People turning their back on the stage, etc.
*Everyone focusing more on cameras then enjoying the show.

It was a little surreal. :-/

But......

♥♥♥Hyuna♥♥♥
♥♥♥4Minute♥♥♥
♥♥♥G.NA♥♥♥

B2ST were good as well. =P

Salazar

*Everyone focusing more on cameras then enjoying the show.

That's unfortunate.

YeFJ3.gif

J2YwV.gif

eMgZA.gif

Jaekyung twitter, Google Translate is how I roll.

EUTv9.jpg

They did the Antenna delicious lunch?! ㅎ ㅎ We now come to record music gapnidang jaepaen! ㅎ Oh, and here saw that yesterday, the Japanese Language Proficiency Test nidang! Please! Please pray able to stick. ㅠ ㅠ

ramyeon

*People turning their back on the stage, etc.
This is my biggest peeve at any event. Looking through a show through their camera viewfinder must suck :(

Just got a chance to see the full OP since I've been out and about and using the web app until now. Looks awesome - it'll definitely be useful to anyone just stumbling into the kpop fandom as well. Great stuff OC!

Calcaneus

Why would you spend money and time going to a concert just to film shit? That never made sense to me. I'm not even a big concert guy, I just feel like it would be a waste to go there and not pay full attention to the actual performers. Not give them anything in the way of a reaction, basically not doing your part as an audience member. Its such a selfish thing to do.

Just got back. It was really good.

I agree with Ronok about the camera thing. People under a certain age just have to record everything for facebook.

I was quite near the front and everyone there was singing along to the songs, but there were some asian (im guessing korean) people who were completely silent and motionless throughout the whole show. It kind of reminded me of how the crowds act in the special kpop concerts that are broadcasted on Korean tv.

4Minute were great - Jiyoon and Gayoon's cover of Ke$ha's Blow makes me want them to be the next Cube sub unit.

Hyuna was good, although she didn't do 'Change'

G.na did a english version of 'I'll Back Off So You Can Live Better' and covered Rihanna's 'Take a Bow' and 'Rude Boy'

Beast were very impressive vocally.

The crowd for the merchandise was vicious, but a managed to buy a United Cube compilation cd.

I've got my BEAST dance moves down to perfection, I would have loved to have been there but the majority of kpop fans really make it unappealing for me to attend such events. that makes me sound like a snob but Ronok has already listed valid reasonings for this opinion.

also was Trouble Maker performed?

I guess it's nice of the news source to censor names, but dammit I want to know who!

it'll pop up on western sites soon enough...................... :p

that sounds pretty disappointing for the cube concert, i only really get into it if the crowd is into it as well. Thats why i think raves are the best cause the crowd goes insane everytime haha

wish snsd would do more selcas
tumblr_lvqcxk9AvW1qcoxdoo1_500.jpg

tumblr_lvqap2q2K81r2cfd5o1_500.png

dat pout
tumblr_lvqlh6g03W1qc2fqjo1_r2_1280.jpg
tumblr_lvqlh6g03W1qc2fqjo2_r2_1280.jpg

jessica looked bored
tumblr_lvql4zpEhL1qitdj1o1_r1_500.jpg
tumblr_lvql4zpEhL1qitdj1o2_r1_500.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom