• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Katawa Shoujo |OT| (VN, Free, Waifus, etc)

Soma

Go ahead and suggest future jokes if you like!
all i can ask for is a Chocolate reference

and maybe a "why does she need ____ if she's ____" joke but whatevs :)

other than that, i look forward to anything you do next, man. love your artworks.

If the art teacher is involved, he should be sufficiently terrifying. The lip licking, the laugh that sends nature itself into sprawling horror, the constant expression of orgasmic ecstasy.

Miki(or whatever the one-handed brown girl's name is) could be either an over-the-top 80s style badass or a creepy stalker(
because of her strange and unprovoked prodding(hurr) into Hisao's love life)

Jintor

It's seriously going to take me a month to get through Act One before I even have to start thinking about which route to take (uni just started, also work)

It's seriously going to take me a month to get through Act One before I even have to start thinking about which route to take (uni just started, also work)

Don't feel beholden to do more than Act One. Also, for what it's worth, hiimdaisy took forever to release her stuff too. :p

I don't think that's the case, but I doubt excessive drawing would cause carpal tunnel.
http://www.ninds.nih.gov/disorders/carpal_tunnel/detail_carpal_tunnel.htm#195603049
What are the causes of carpal tunnel syndrome?

Carpal tunnel syndrome is often the result of a combination of factors that increase pressure on the median nerve and tendons in the carpal tunnel, rather than a problem with the nerve itself. Most likely the disorder is due to a congenital predisposition - the carpal tunnel is simply smaller in some people than in others. Other contributing factors include trauma or injury to the wrist that cause swelling, such as sprain or fracture; overactivity of the pituitary gland; hypothyroidism; rheumatoid arthritis; mechanical problems in the wrist joint; work stress; repeated use of vibrating hand tools; fluid retention during pregnancy or menopause; or the development of a cyst or tumor in the canal. Carpal tunnel syndrome is also associated with pregnancy and diseases such as diabetes, thyroid disease, or rheumatoid arthritis. In some cases no cause can be identified.

There is little clinical data to prove whether repetitive and forceful movements of the hand and wrist during work or leisure activities can cause carpal tunnel syndrome. Repeated motions performed in the course of normal work or other daily activities can result in repetitive motion disorders such as bursitis and tendonitis. Writer's cramp - a condition in which a lack of fine motor skill coordination and ache and pressure in the fingers, wrist, or forearm is brought on by repetitive activity - is not a symptom of carpal tunnel syndrome.
*shrugs*

OMG Aero

Until you decide if and how you are going to do the different routes, you should do act 1 as if you were going for the Kenji ending. That way if you decide you don't want to do any of the routes or want to stop for any other reason you'll have a nice neat ending and there's more than enough material in that ending to make a funny comic from.

I've had bursitis in my shoulder, had a huge needle of steriods guided in by ultrasound scan as the treatment. Was pretty cool to watch.

Venfayth

Fantastic comic dude :p

Definitely got a Hiimdasy vibe, too, but I hope you take that as a compliment. We need to do a GAF dub of it once it's finished.

Oh, also, today was the first day of my Emi training regimen. Goal: Jog for as long as I can, with my dog dragging me along. I'm so out of shape ._.

Is this about um mentally retarded?
Seems to be about mental disorders/illnesses.
yep

I expect a trainwreck
-_- Mental retardation is not a mental disorder.
I think we can safely say that we looked at a lot of things, and while we are in a process of narrowing it down, the only things we really rejected full-out are disorders and disabilities that make the character unfit to consent or completely impossible to be in a relationship with.
From one of the developers on the forum. Apparently (some of) the developers have issues of their own.

Venfayth

Assuming this actually turns into a real thing, I wonder how they will handle the protagonist?
If the whole game is seen from your character's perspective like Katawa Shoujo it would be interesting to see what mental disorder they give him and how they show that in first person.

Maybe he'll have a seizure and be constantly on the lookout for doing things that stimulate him too much, and could incite another seizure.

Retardation isn't a pejorative, but the word "retarded" is. The game should have a twist, like your character is schizophrenic and has multiple personality disorder and has just been essentially locked in his room talking to himself the entire game. That would be Palm d'Or caliber material man

Edit: WTF beat by Green Scar

All this talk about art, carpal tunnel and personality disorders makes me want to draw something KS related.
Probably won't have much time for it, but who knows?

If you want to draw something KS related...you could, you know, draw my avy ^_^
Anyways, I know my curiosity lead me here cause it has very little limits, But that game is just crossing the line. Don't think I'll play it if it even comes out, hell I feel bad enough just looking at the character bios.

Jintor

I reckon I can burn through drafting two pages a day mayhaps...

For reference, each single image is about four pages or so

3HfDZ.png

Shizune is a lot more fun than what I thought going in. I'm only in act 2 of her story so far, but I think her stories great so far. Not sure why people don't like her that much.
... She never saw it coming
O-HO-HO-HO~!

tafer

Guys I started my second round and got into Rin's route (no guide!)

If I get the sad end of this stuff, manly tears would be shed.

OMG Aero

Retardation isn't a pejorative, but the word "retarded" is. The game should have a twist, like your character is schizophrenic and has multiple personality disorder and has just been essentially locked in his room talking to himself the entire game. That would be Palm d'Or caliber material man

Edit: WTF beat by Green Scar
I can't think of any ending for the game that would be better than this one.

Jintor

Watching the Persona 4 anime and drawing Let's Date Katawa Shoujo. Life is good.

Okay, I can do about two pages or so before my arm starts to hurt.

I've just been lurking this thread for the past couple of weeks, but I had to post and say that Jintor's comic is fantastic!

I really need to finish up my Rin route. Well, it's been a month since I last played Katawa Shoujo so I should probably just start over. :/

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
3HfDZ.png

Shizune is a lot more fun than what I thought going in. I'm only in act 2 of her story so far, but I think her stories great so far. Not sure why people don't like her that much.

Because I wanted
a Misha route!

Top Bottom