• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Katawa Shoujo |OT| (VN, Free, Waifus, etc)

Well,
Lilly isn't really in a position to judge. She coddles Hanako far more than Hisao does, and they have known each other longer.
I wouldn't exactly call it white knighting, though. Have you played Emi's route?
Lilly's coddling is a bit less detrimental since she allows/encourages Hanako to hang out with her friends and family, she gives Hanako some purpose and responsibility via assisting Lilly with her blindness, and she ultimately wants Hanako to stand on her own two feet.

Hisao, on the other hand, treats Hanako like his moeblob waifu for most of the story.

It's rather convenient that Hanako's right breast wasn't badly burned.
She was burned before puberty, so I don't think that would have affected her breast development much. Then again, I don't know much on the subject and her burn scars are not exactly the most realistic, I think. They never go into the specifics of how severe her burns were anyway.
Hisao, on the other hand, treats Hanako like his moeblob waifu for most of the story.
Admittedly I'm biased, but I don't think that's a fair representation. I intend to play through Hanako's route again, hopefully with a more objective perspective. It's also important that the last scene for Hanako's route (good ending) is called,
"Adulthood" with the description, "The end of two children, the beginning of two adults."

XeroSauce

This is a road you do not want to go down. It is better not knowing.
If you really want to know then ask the people in the pony thread to keep it quarantined there.

Been explicitly avoiding that thread when I accidentally fell in there and saw some pictures of "real" ponies.

No thank you sir.

I'm going to assume it's something not safe for children?

Admittedly I'm biased, but I don't think that's a fair representation. I intend to play through Hanako's route again, hopefully with a more objective perspective. It's also important that the last scene for Hanako's route (good ending) is called,
"Adulthood" with the description, "The end of two children, the beginning of two adults."
I said "most" because
Hisao does realize what a dumbass he was being in the end. It just takes a long time and a verbal smackdown from Hanako for him to come around

Since I couldn't muster the feels to start up another go right after completing Hanako's heartfelt story, I felt like it was a good time as any to do a ks doodle
butch_ibarazaki_and_tilkqx.png

Butch Ibarazaki and the Sundance Rin!

...Don't ask why...

XeroSauce

Since I couldn't muster the feels to start up another go right after completing Hanako's heartfelt story, I felt like it was a good time as any to do a ks doodle
butch_ibarazaki_and_tilkqx.png

Butch Ibarazaki and the Sundance Rin!

...Don't ask why...

Rin should now be called Quickdraw.

XeroSauce

Kickstart some discussion
At what point did you decide on your favorite girl?
At what moment did you think to yourself, "Yea, that's it"?

When I realized that Rin reminded me way too much of my friend :/ Fuckin' platonic friendship, how does it work? Also, note to David Cage, being a human being with human feelings, it could be the worst thing that ever happened to you!

Lily is still my favorite.
I loved her route and i enjoy her personality.
It's such a good match in my mind that even if i haven't done shizune i don't think that will change

i still can't decide but

emi's cheerfulness
rins breasts. oh and her eyes and chill personality
hanako's
deconstructing
moe
shizune's competitive personality
lily's. i dunno. being a generic charter I don't get why people like so much. looks good in a dress?

When I realized that Rin reminded me way too much of my friend :/ Fuckin' platonic friendship, how does it work? Also, note to David Cage, being a human being with human feelings, it could be the worst thing that ever happened to you!

Is that you or another friend in that second pic?

That's simple, the moment I layed eyes on Hanako on the main page of this thread I said " That's my gal, she's going to be my fav." But after playing through the whole game, I like Rin too. Is it wrong to have to favorites?

Soma

It's hard to say, personally.

Lilly has been my favorite for a while but Shizune went from being one of my least favorites to being tied with Lilly over time. Lilly is like the ideal girl: sweet personality, very caring nature, very mature,
a healthy adolescent sex drive
, etc. The kind of girl any guy would want. But... man this is a bit embarrassing to say but Shizune is more of a girl that i personally would need. I'm an extremely unmotivated person and her personality is just the kind that would help get my act together. Her competitive nature keeps you on your toes and she's usually pushy for good reason. One of the main things i find attractive in a person is confidence i think she exudes that without being too cocky (sometimes).

She's a challenge and i like challenges. She reminded me a lot of an old friend whom i liked for over a year or two. Similar personality, really competitive, and really pretty. Unfortunately, nothing ever came of it due to me being the shy person i am and she was taken anyways. But she always helped motivate me even if it wasn't always her intention.

Also, the short hair + megane combo = my one weakness

I think it was during Shizune's route, the first one I did. There's a scene where Hisao goes to the art club and meets Rin. That whole scene was awesome. Rin was immediately the most interesting girl.

I didnt' declare her best until I finished all of the routes, but I could have since Rin won out regardless.

Just finished Lilly's route...
is47QddVL3cXS.gif

That was just beautiful.
I was totally not expecting a scene after the credits. Kind of made it feel like it was the one true ending.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Just finished Lilly's route...
is47QddVL3cXS.gif

That was just beautiful.
I was totally not expecting a scene after the credits. Kind of made it feel like it was the one true ending.

Team Lily continues to grow :).

Lilly has been my favorite for a while but Shizune went from being one of my least favorites to being tied with Lilly over time. Lilly is like the ideal girl: sweet personality, very caring nature, very mature,
, etc. The kind of girl any guy would want. But... man this is a bit embarrassing to say but Shizune is more of a girl that i personally would need. I'm an extremely unmotivated person and her personality is just the kind that would help get my act together. Her competitive nature keeps you on your toes and she's usually pushy for good reason. One of the main things i find attractive in a person is confidence i think she exudes that without being too cocky (sometimes).

She's a challenge and i like challenges. She reminded me a lot of an old friend whom i liked for over a year or two. Similar personality, really competitive, and really pretty. Unfortunately, nothing ever came of it due to me being the shy person i am and she was taken anyways. But she always helped motivate me even if it wasn't always her intention.

It might be worth noting that the key to getting on Shizune's path is to compete with and challenge her. If you're too passive and reserved, she loses interest in you.

XeroSauce

I'm seeing a pattern here.

Poyunch

I enjoyed Emi's route throughout the entirety. I guess because originally the first Act was really boring me out but then I found myself in Emi's story and I enjoyed her interactions with Hisao.

I still have Shizune and Lilly to cover but I'm still Team Emi because of Emi's character and what she does for Hisao. Plus she's independent, cheery, assertive, and she banters. Also I can relate to her issues.

I thought I'd like Rin since she's so chill but it's hard to understand her. I totally felt okay getting her bad ending originally since that's how I naturally would have handled things and I couldn't relate at all to her good ending. Hanako's okay. She is great when she opens up.

DO YOU NOT LOVE RIN ANYMORE

SHE'S WAITING FOR YOU IN HER ATELIER
Maybe... maybe I'm the one who needs saving, didn't you ever consider that?

Can't blame him. Rin suffers from a severe lack of Dr. Pepper.
Ah... yes.. a fellow intellectual who enjoys the status that comes with being a Dr. Pepperian! Let us stand side by side with our hands in our pockets and laugh maniacally!

Soma

I'm seeing a pattern here.

There's something to be said at how authentic and down to earth a lot of the characters here are portrayed. That how the writers manage to hit some oddly specific notes that I would never have expected before playing this game. Like just looking at a poster of this and I can be all "Okay this is the Tsundere, that's the Ojou-Sama, this must be the Genki girl, etc etc" and yeah while some of the characters certainly fit those tropes at face value, they go so much further than that which I really have to commend the writers for. Pretty much every important character here has their own share of depth (some admittedly more than others).

I imagine a lot of it comes from both their own personal experiences and their ambition to not let their writing be considered so run-of-the-mill.

Looking back on some of the first pages of this thread is pretty entertaining. I would have never expected to feel so involved in the stories here. It took me several tries to get over the fact that it's a "Disabled Girl Visual Novel" and actually download this but I'm certainly glad I did. Shoot I would've never even imagined being in the top ten posters in this thread let alone be proudly rocking an avatar of a character from this game!

Well, at this point I've done all the routes except Shizune, but at this point after all the negative things I've heard about it I'm not even sure I want to bother :(

Well, at this point I've done all the routes except Shizune, but at this point after all the negative things I've heard about it I'm not even sure I want to bother :(

Get it over with man. It may suck to most of us, but it's still good to atleast get her end. It was suggested to have done it earlier in order to not ruin the feel of the game. But who knows, you might like her path, as some here.

I punched myself in the face, yes.

Ohh man, I didn't know it was you Ringo, what gives with the avy change? Did your love for Rin die out already?

Ohh man, I didn't know it was you Ringo, what gives with the avy change? Did your love for Rin die out already?

Because Steins;Gate is one of my favorite shows of all time, and I've loved Kurisu through all of time itself, or something like that. I don't like staying with one avatar for too long of a time. I'll probably swap back some time down the road.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1054017118/katawa-shoujo-anime-expo-art-book
Raemz/weee, one of devs of the game and a friend of mine is trying to fund a KS artbook, if anyone wants to support it it'd be appreciated

GOD DAMMIT. I woulda totally pledged the $50 so that I could have us all brainstorm what kind of crazy outfit to stick Rin into :l

Someone on 4chan who supposedly submitted the $50 opened a poll for which character/outfit should be on it

http://boards.4chan.org/vg/res/1599831#1603426

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dFBKMTV3azZ6NFpjOF80LThaSVZKZ3c6MQ

I'm already calling it though, Hanako will win the poll :T
On one hand I'll be happy if Hanako wins, on the other I'm afraid what outfit they will make her wear. :\

Edit: I voted for Hanako, of course. For an outfit I suggested Zero's suit from Code Geass, with the mask removed or altered for her. It seemed fitting and was conservative. >_>

Top Bottom