• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Katawa Shoujo |OT| (VN, Free, Waifus, etc)

Venfayth

I have 2.25GB, but yeah basically.

watch-out-we-got-a-badass-over-here-meme.png

This is the Katawa Shoujo thread right? Just making sure...

Anyways I started going through it again last night, and I'm still not sure which route to take now. I've got Lilly, Emi and Hanako's story still left to do, and since I don't really want to go through both Hanako's and Lilly's right in a row I'll leave Emi for the next run through. So which should I go with first, Lily or Hanako?
Which girl has the better sex scene?

Boney

Banned

Anyways I started going through it again last night, and I'm still not sure which route to take now. I've got Lilly, Emi and Hanako's story still left to do, and since I don't really want to go through both Hanako's and Lilly's right in a row I'll leave Emi for the next run through. So which should I go with first, Lily or Hanako?

Lilly

I think doing Hanako first might better though.

Katawa...Shoujo? What's that???

I'd do Hanako's first. Lilly's path should be a much more satisfying way to end the game than Hanako's.
That'd be spoilers, bro.

Katawa...Shoujo? What's that???

I'd do Hanako's first. Lilly's path should be a much more satisfying way to end the game than Hanako's.
That'd be spoilers, bro.

I'm told that Lily's path is the best to end on as well. All I'm going to say is FUCK Rin's path. :mad: Only one so far where my natural answers led me to the bad ending.

Possible Rin spoilers:
Is there any internal logic to what answers you should be giving? With Hanako, you can at least start to see what the necessary attitude you need to take with her, but all of Rin's choices seem to be the same. Am I missing something about her completely?

I'm told that Lily's path is the best to end on as well. All I'm going to say is FUCK Rin's path. :mad: Only one so far where my natural answers led me to the bad ending.

Possible Rin spoilers:
Is there any internal logic to what answers you should be giving? With Hanako, you can at least start to see what the necessary attitude you need to take with her, but all of Rin's choices seem to be the same. Am I missing something about her completely?
The key to Rin is accepting that you/Hisao will never truly understand her, and her primary conflict is that she can't express/explain herself. Rins gonna Rin, all that matters is that Hisao supports her. It may help to reread Iwanako's letter to Hisao.

I'm currently at the beginning of act four of Lilly's route. It's kind of been disappointing.
It's been good, but I don't like the way that Hisao's condition has been used as a key source of drama for this route, much more so than the other routes. Maybe/hopefully act four will knock my socks off.

I'm currently at the beginning of act four of Lilly's route. It's kind of been disappointing.
It's been good, but I don't like the way that Hisao's condition has been used as a key source of drama for this route, much more so than the other routes. Maybe/hopefully act four will knock my socks off.

Maybe it's because Lilly is THE BEST and doesn't bury Hisao under a mountain of 'waaaaaahhhhh I have issues'. Hisao has to pull his weight in the drama department, for once!

Maybe it's because Lilly is THE BEST and doesn't bury Hisao under a mountain of 'waaaaaahhhhh I have issues'. Hisao has to pull his weight in the drama department, for once!
That's not necessarily a bad thing, it just doesn't feel like it's been handled as well as it could have been.
His attack while on the roof during lunch felt rather forced.

That's not necessarily a bad thing, it just doesn't feel like it's been handled as well as it could have been.
His attack while on the roof during lunch felt rather forced.

Yeah it was rather repetitive. Well, every route is pretty repetitive, based on what I've played so far (maybe Rin/Hanako are better with that). At least that feels like a thing that could happen, although there's weird dissonance between these times when it feels spontaneous and times when its obviously for dramatic effect (the latter of which, well, yeah. You're not done yet, so I'll stay mum.)

tafer

Probably discussed waaaay earlier, but is there a chance that this game is going to be taken seriously by the gaming industry/media?

Hell, with all the attention that Indy developers are getting lately, I see no reason why this game isn't at least discussed in those circles.

I got that kind of avatar AND it's shizune related. what now?
Hanako and rin are my favorites. Uh, And Emi.

Hahahah, didn't notice before.

I got really far into Hanako's story last night and up to this point Hisao has been getting kind of annoying with his white knight monologues.
Thankfully Lilly calls him out on his white knighting in the 4th act.

I got really far into Hanako's story last night and up to this point Hisao has been getting kind of annoying with his white knight monologues.
Thankfully Lilly calls him out on his white knighting in the 4th act.
Well,
Lilly isn't really in a position to judge. She coddles Hanako far more than Hisao does, and they have known each other longer.
I wouldn't exactly call it white knighting, though. Have you played Emi's route?

Well,
Lilly isn't really in a position to judge. She coddles Hanako far more than Hisao does, and they have known each other longer.
I wouldn't exactly call it white knighting, though. Have you played Emi's route?

True but she at least knows she can't do it forever,
but with that being said, I really do like the story so far.
It's rather convenient that Hanako's right breast wasn't badly burned.
And no, I haven't played Emi's yet. I'm planning on doing her story next.

Top Bottom