• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Katawa Shoujo |OT| (VN, Free, Waifus, etc)

Soma

iUNDQedFybvB8.png

Oh god that comic was the first thing that came to mind too.

Really? Sorry. :x I didn't think we'd use the one I made. Anyway, I have it set up so it's invite only right now. I guess people should start PMing me their email addresses.

Sending a PM~

XeroSauce

Testing all kinds of lines to see what compatible and what isn't. Also looking at Python tutorials.

I have actual homework to do, but bun that.

Emitan

Code:
    s "Sure, but what's a \"visual novel?\""

menu:
    "It's a story with pictures.":
         jump vn

"It's a hentai game.":
         jump hentai

label vn:
    m "It's a story with pictures and music."
    jump marry

label hentai:
    m "Why it's a game with lots of sex."
    jump marry

label marry:
    scene black
    with dissolve

"--- years later ---"

omg at these tutorials

Emitan

Femme, I didn't PM you because Dynamite's post was more recent.

You're just trying to find out my email address to spam me with Phoenix Wright ALL THE TIME, aren't you?

I'm hype.

Personally I recommend you all play Digital A Love Story and get back to me.

I actually started playing that last night. Kinda put it on hold cause I'm playing through SH Downpour as well. I enjoy the immersion it provides, but the blank MC, and implied responses are kind of jarring. It's far too early to formulate an opinion but it's definitely unique and intriguing

Jintor

I love the implied responses. But it's not a choice-based game, so the structure is very different. It's actually totally linear with a series of puzzle-gates. But I'm thinking more in terms of aesthetics.

I have yet to play Don't Take It Personally, so I might get on that.

I would play more VN like the ones mentioned, but unfortunatly I'm all ways short on cash. Which saddens me since i would love to experience differet types of VNs

Femme, I didn't PM you because Dynamite's post was more recent.

You're just trying to find out my email address to spam me with Phoenix Wright ALL THE TIME, aren't you?
I can still see your email address.
ie5HoAyAEyCpj.gif

I would play more VN like the ones mentioned, but unfortunatly I'm all ways short on cash. Which saddens me since i would love to experience differet types of VNs
Both the games mentioned are free.
http://scoutshonour.com/digital/
http://scoutshonour.com/donttakeitpersonallybabeitjustaintyourstory/

Join us then... if you dare.
I am a nerd and do not understand love. But I might join. I can look for typos.

I'm considering making a VN of my workplace. Take pictures of the place and of my coworkers. Won't be a love story... maybe pair with different sections and go from on the job intern to joining a department in the end.

XeroSauce

I am a nerd and do not understand love. But I might join. I can look for typos.

I'm considering making a VN of my workplace. Take pictures of the place and of my coworkers. Won't be a love story... maybe pair with different sections and go from on the job intern to joining a department in the end.

It could be like the Rudy of the office space job.

I'm a bit of a slower artist, but if you guys need help with a CG or two I can be of assistance. PM me if you need.

This is what I'm currently working on.

http://studiozel.deviantart.com/#/d4oou94

or if you just want to direct to the image.

http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2...___i_drop_f_bombs____by_studiozel-d4oou94.jpg

I dig your work... but... I dunno... with the number of scenes you'd have to paint, I really do fear for your health and mental sanity :/

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
I dig your work... but... I dunno... with the number of scenes you'd have to paint, I really do fear for your health and mental sanity :/

Like I said, I'd only be able to contribute a CG or two most likely. If I tried to take on the main brunt of the work I'd drag the whole project down with me. :/

Soma

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
How about becoming an Artist Adviser, that way, you can share some of the workload with the others.

I definitely would be up for offering some critiques on pieces. :)

*lurks around your deviant art*

*stumbles upon Christmas time Charlotte*

*hnnnnnnghhh*

But uh yeah your works seem really solid. :)

You guys make me so jealous that I blow with drawing things.

Thanks, but again my problem is I'm 1) slow and 2) procrastinate too much on GAF and playing games. I need to cut back. >>

I don't post over at Anime-GAF, but do you think any of their artistically inclined members might be interested in helping out with a project like this?

I don't know if any other the others are artistically inclined to be honest. :/

Man, I'm a hobo! I'm just happy to be literate.

That you are friend.

Anyway, I have a feeling that it will take awhile for something solid to precipitate, however, I believe the idea of a message board being central to the theme of the plot was an idea that was well received by a few of us, so at least we have that to go on. Now to come up with a spin on that

Edit: Actually, how about the love interest uses a "masculine/gender neutral" handle online, and the fact that she is a female is sort of a revelation to the MC/other characters because they've "known" her for years. The reason being of course - she doesn't want to call attention to the fact that she is a female online

Will the characters predominantly be mods/admins, a group of posters who tend to congregate in an OT, or just random unrelated posters?

Doesn't have to be either/or. We could incorporate a mix of people the MC knows IRL as well. One of the characters being an admin who attempts to flaunt his/her power status IRL might make for a funny running gag actually

Top Bottom