• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Katawa Shoujo |OT| (VN, Free, Waifus, etc)

Jintor

Does Google Groups have some tab I can set so I can just access it straight from my gmail frame instead of having to open the email every time? :|

LuffyZoro

I don't know, a romcom VN set in a god-damned school could be pretty neat.

I would probably play a VN set in a god-damned school. You'd just be two souls trying to find each other amidst the fire raining down from the sky.

Although, the manga Rosario + Vampire might already have romcom set in a Hell-school nailed down.

OMG Aero

Secondly:

HNZkY.jpg

Look at all of this. Oh jeeze.
Those are some pretty cool pirated games bro.

Yep, crazy no? Just the shot in the arm that KS GAF needed.

Anyhow, I just outlined a potential theoretical plot that combines the two reigning themes over at the google group for you guys. So please check it out and offer feedback, improvements, or any other ideas/possible plots

I don't really care for the time loop idea at all...
I'd much prefer a story that doesn't go into fantasy or science fiction. Though I may be alone on this...

If you've got any ideas for an interesting hook, then I'm all ears. I left my phone charger at home so I'm stuck at work with a dying phone. 15 percent left, so I likely won't be able to chime in with anything til later tonight.

If you've got any ideas for an interesting hook, then I'm all ears. I left my phone charger at home so I'm stuck at work with a dying phone. 15 percent left, so I likely won't be able to chime in with anything til later tonight.
Well, besides the one idea I mentioned a little ways back I don't. And I can only imagine any other ideas I could come up with would have already been done before...
So if everyone else likes the idea, so be it.
How do I locate aforementioned google group? Is it secrit?
You have to get an invite from DRM or Femmeworth through your gmail account. So just PM them your email address.

TeegsD

I'm so happy to find a KS thread on GAF. My friend spends a lot of time on 4chan and told me all about this game. I was kind of skeptical at first but I was so wrong. I finished my first playthrough with Emi. There were just all kinds of feels. On Act 2 of my Rin play through and the end of Act 1 was awesome.

What is this about a GAF VN? I don't know what I could help with but I'm down if help is needed.

I apologize for the inconvenience, but I have went ahead and taken the liberty of registering a new forum for the project. This will hopefully make things easier in the long haul as the current Google Group was aggravating the hell out of me with its terrible layout and how it'd seemingly hang for no reason at all when I refresh the page, in addition to being unable to edit posts. You can find the link in the Google Group.

Soma

Haha good call. It was starting to annoy me too. (sorry Femmeworth but it was a good suggestion for a while though)

I'll register in a bit.

Cool, I just registered. I hope I didn't miss much since my net was down all day yesterday. I expect power in there, or I'll have to mutiny Dammit, or a good tag will suffice lol

Hahaha. Be careful what you wish for!

Bwahahah, I was expecting something funnier, but I guess that will do. Well , my sig should do that trick

I guess I can't really be of help till we start to get on solid ground. I was never good at coming up with new ideas, but was good when I knew what was happening.

Soma

Just voicing some frustration. I tend to be hyper-critical of anything I come up with.

I know that feel, hence why most of what I've been doing is asking questions instead of submitting new ideas.

I've got Word opened up for the past day and most of what I write I just delete and start over again. :(

I know that feel, hence why most of what I've been doing is asking questions instead of submitting new ideas.

I've got Word opened up for the past day and most of what I write I just delete and start over again. :(

Perhaps we should just throw shit out there and see what sticks. I just like to think about a bunch of interesting "what if" scenarios and build from there. The story builds itself according to how a character would react to a given scenario, it's coming up with an interesting scenario and things that can spin off from it and an eventual resolution is what's difficult. I believe they probably went through the same exact thing when penning Lost, none of the writers had any fucking clue where that shit was headed beyond a buncha people crashing on an island.

Continued my save from last time still on shizune route ...

What's wrong with shizune dad .. i wanted an option to argue with him until i get killed ...

that would have been most satisfying ...

i HATE those " when i was your age" people ..always assuming and launching critics even when they don't have the information and think they can't be wrong .

Misha handled this perfectly ..props to you ...i wonder if shizune bad end is a misha good end ? ... i should finish this route

TeegsD

Bueno. You should go back and check out her bad endings when you get a chance. One of them I can't even remember, but the other is excellent.

I got one where she just stopped talking to me. And I got another where she basically says she is moving and that I need to forget her and she will have to forget me. That ending made me real sad

I should probably throw some spoiler tags on that

I got one where she just stopped talking to me. And I got another where she basically says she is moving and that I need to forget her and she will have to forget me. That ending made me real sad

I should probably throw some spoiler tags on that
Yeah, it was the second one that I was talking about. I wouldn't accept it as the official end or anything, but as far as Bad Ends go it's pretty great.
Continued my save from last time still on shizune route ...

What's wrong with shizune dad .. i wanted an option to argue with him until i get killed ...

that would have been most satisfying ...

i HATE those " when i was your age" people ..always assuming and launching critics even when they don't have the information and think they can't be wrong .

Misha handled this perfectly ..props to you ...i wonder if shizune bad end is a misha good end ? ... i should finish this route
Such disrespect. Disgraceful.

Top Bottom