• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Katawa Shoujo |OT| (VN, Free, Waifus, etc)

Jintor

2096948-logo_large.png

BLOOP DIDDLYBLOOP BLOOP BLEEP BLOOPBLOOP

Well, I finally got going on playing through Lilly's story, which is my last one too...
It's weird how act 2 in Lilly's route is like an abridged version of Hanako's whole story
save for her mental break down in the middle of class
though a bit slightly altered. It's kind of refreshing that the focus of conflict in this story is more an internal struggle with Hisao, though I think this would have been better if I went through this first before the other stories, as I already kind of know everything about Hisao and his problem already. I'm also glad they at least attempt to make Lilly appear not so perfect,
being that she understandably fears being left behind by those close to her
It'll be kind of sad when this is all over, and I doubt I'd ever get myself to go through all the bad and neutral endings either... Maybe I'll have to reread KS in summer or something.
i'm never going to be able to start another characters playthrough after lilly. it's been over a month now, yet every time i start the game, the title screen music just drains me. :/

I just don't get how you can watch Eva and enjoy it, but can't get to playing KS cause it depresses you. I don't get you!
Come on, just do it!

Poyunch

So I've put off this game for a few weeks because I had finals but I've finally gotten back to playing it. I've just got to do Hanako's neutral and bad endings before I get to Shizune and Lilly.

Maybe this break helps because Hisao's being way more annoying than usual in the other two endings. But it could just be the perspective the good ending puts everything in.

(Rin spoilers)
At least Hanako's neutral ending is as depressing as Rin's.
:p

I have a question. What the heck was Rin doing that one night in the studio? Hisao seemed to be disgusted by it but I have no clue what he was freaking out about.

Emitan

I have a question. What the heck was Rin doing that one night in the studio? Hisao seemed to be disgusted by it but I have no clue what he was freaking out about.

Masturbating? She has her pants off, right? But she didn't have any way to do it, so I have no idea what was happening.

abusori

I totally had no idea what it was she was supposed to be doing until the wonderful internet informed me as well. I think I've been more confused after I found out though.
I think the general and utter confusion goes well with Rin's route anyway though, hahaha

Edit: Also I haven't formally outed myself yet:
Lilly > Rin > Hanako > Emi > Shizune

Soma

Heh, I didn't think anything of it at the time and didn't even question what it was.

Honestly I tried not to question a lot of things during Rin's route. :T

Xisiqomelir

Gave this a shot even though I've never even attempted the genre before, since indie-obscure GAF usually doesn't steer me wrong, and Dat Native Linux Client, and because I knew a hot blind chick in college once who used to ride the same bus I did.

Found myself on the Rin path, so I backed up and did the Lilly story line I was actually aiming for (bus girl etc). Gonna try out the Emi path now.

I have to say I'm thoroughly enjoying myself. What else in this genre is English and free and great, VN-Age? Doesn't have to be romantic or ero so long as the story is good.

XeroSauce

Gave this a shot even though I've never even attempted the genre before, since indie-obscure GAF usually doesn't steer me wrong, and Dat Native Linux Client, and because I knew a hot blind chick in college once who used to ride the same bus I did.

Found myself on the Rin path, so I backed up and did the Lilly story line I was actually aiming for (bus girl etc). Gonna try out the Emi path now.

I have to say I'm thoroughly enjoying myself. What else in this genre is English and free and great, VN-Age? Doesn't have to be romantic or ero so long as the story is good.

Database of VNs

There's a lot of great ones out there but a few of them cost money.

abusori

You need to play Ever 17 at some point in your life. It's required.

Anyone play the Cradle Song preview? I just started it, seems so sleek compared to KS's GUI.
Bit late here, but I just tried this and I enjoyed what I played. The writing was unremarkable and the musical focus isn't exactly my cup of vanilla tea, but it won me over with its presentation and the sudden shift towards the end. I'd definitely buy it as a (cheap) commerical release.

You need to play Ever 17 at some point in your life. It's required.
I can vouch for this. It's accepted scientific fact that finishing Ever17's true route is necessary to lead a fulfilling life.

Top Bottom