• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Katawa Shoujo |OT| (VN, Free, Waifus, etc)

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Finally got a sketch started that I'm happy with for now. >>; The question is how long will this take for me to finish? 4 months? 5?

KatawaShoujo_sketch_lr.jpg

Finally got a sketch started that I'm happy with for now. >>; The question is how long will this take for me to finish? 4 months? 5?

I love it so far, but it looks like either Hanako is tiny or Lilly is a giant. But I love the composition.
And I know how it is with taking forever to finish things. I've been working on this Kid Icarus picture for like the past month and the end is nowhere in sight...

RurouniZel

I love it so far, but it looks like either Hanako is tiny or Lilly is a giant. But I love the composition.
And I know how it is with taking forever to finish things. I've been working on this Kid Icarus picture for like the past month and the end is nowhere in sight...

Yeah, I think Hanako came out too small, I was trying to make sure she looked like she was behind Lily without brushing up against her back or whatever, but it went too far. >> I can probably adjust that with a little photoshop magic later. ^^;

Yeah, I think Hanako came out too small, I was trying to make sure she looked like she was behind Lily without brushing up against her back or whatever, but it went too far. >> I can probably adjust that with a little photoshop magic later. ^^;

Photoshop
An artists best friend~

Nontheless, It looks really nice.

I always start with a pencil sketch, but most of the time I finish them up on photoshop. I still do traditional medium stuff from time to time.
Man that looks...colorful. Really good by the way.

Tess3ract

Banned
I didn't think she was too small, she looked fine

I realized what you were going for

Like the problem is you were trying to display depth without any sort of perspective. It's hard to tell how deep something is on 2D without some sort of a reference point (such as a bed) to show actual distance between two objects.

RurouniZel

Nontheless, It looks really nice.

Many thanks! ^_^

Like the problem is you were trying to display depth without any sort of perspective. It's hard to tell how deep something is on 2D without some sort of a reference point (such as a bed) to show actual distance between two objects.

Yeah, it's one of the harder tricks to pull off IMO. The "easier" way is to change the perspective, but then the angle ends up being kind of boring (I originally started doing something at a diagonal but stopped because I just wasn't feeling it.)

Soma

Just finished it, took the Rin route, and man the raunchy scenes at the end felt weird and forced.

Y'know it's weird I always felt that 'that' scene felt the most natural in Rin's route than out of all of the other routes. Even Lilly's *ahem* scene felt kinda forced, imo. Ah well.

Also, for the NeoGAFU Shoujo crew (or what's left of it <_<), I'd like to set up a meeting on Friday Night. We had some discussion the other night and the main gameplay structure is probably gonna be changed up a little. So we'll most likely continue up on that discussion then. Thanks! :)

After taking a break I finally returned to the game to finish the last path left for me, the Shizune story.

So Shizune's dad.....what in the hell? I found it kind of hilarious if anything but his extremely high levels of being a dick seemed incredibly random, it's like a caricature of a villain just stepped into the story for no real reason. Hisao spends more holiday time with the cross dressing kid if anything, then they throw in what was probably the most forced and out of nowhere of sex scenes, almost as if they forgot that Shizune was in fact the girlfriend at that point and needed to make reprimands for the lack of chemistry.
Though I was expecting worse from this one due to the general feedback it gets but I felt that towards the end it picked up steam so I enjoyed it anyway, but they take their time trying to actually make Shizune more understandable for lack of a better term, at points it felt like I was in some sort of Kenji route where the goal was bromance instead of Shizune romance.
Fortunately the Misha swerve gave this plot line the extra fuel needed for me, and yes I took the bad end first, I regret nothing!

I'm kind of sad to be done, oh sure there are some bad endings I could go and investigate but I don't think mine or Hisao's heart could take it.

RurouniZel

I really liked Shizune's route compared to some.

Regarding the
father, having worked with disabled kids in the past by virtue of my mother being a Special Ed teacher, I remember one or two parents like that, though less exaggerated obviously. They don't want to acknowledge the disability of their child and just act like the child is being defiant or whatever. That was a long time ago, but I remember not liking them at all.

XeroSauce

C36oh.jpg

These are the pins avalible from the Kickstarter.

But which set is which?! I think the Colour Coded ones are the ones on the bottom?

I'm kind of sad to be done, oh sure there are some bad endings I could go and investigate but I don't think mine or Hisao's heart could take it.
You should check out one of Rin's bad endings.
During the art exhibit when Rin goes outside after having a breakdown, choose the option that's something like "Aren't you happy?"
It's pretty painful, but it's still good stuff.
Fortunately the Misha swerve gave this plot line the extra fuel needed for me, and yes I took the bad end first, I regret nothing!
You monster.

You should check out one of Rin's bad endings.
During the art exhibit when Rin goes outside after having a breakdown, choose the option that's something like "Aren't you happy?"
It's pretty painful, but it's still good stuff.
I only slipped up one other time down the path of bad endings and that was Rin's route as well, but it was the one before that, fortunately I have a save right at the branching point so here goes.
Well that was interesting, honestly Rin confuses the hell out of me, since i'm so close to 100% I might just have to go for the rest, i'm going to have to mentally prepare for this...

You monster.
Well in that case i'm prepared, my humanity has already been cast aside.

I only slipped up one other time down the path of bad endings and that was Rin's route as well, but it was the one before that, fortunately I have a save right at the branching point so here goes.
Well that was interesting, honestly Rin confuses the hell out of me, since i'm so close to 100% I might just have to go for the rest, i'm going to have to mentally prepare for this...

Well in that case i'm prepared, my humanity has already been cast aside.
All according to keikaku.

Top Bottom