• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Keighley: Konami lawyers holding Kojima hostage; audience loudly boos. Inconceivable.

Skux

You gotta stick up for your friends, and Geoff was a boss calling out Konami on their bullshit and what they did to Kojima.

Respect.

"Konami are real jerks...but don't forget to give them your money Pro Evolution Soccer and MGSV are on sale on the PlayStation Network and Steam right now!"

Arttemis

I find it funny Keighley was allowed to point this out live, during the awards show where everyone would hear/see it.

Konami doesn't give two shits about their public image in gaming anymore.

Allowed to? It's the truth. They can't NDA reality, and Keighley has no reason to hide anything Konami has told him.

Arion

I didn't mind too much when they took his name off the cover of the game. His name was still in the game, many many times. But this is unacceptable. Konami is filled with nobheads.

Heroman

Banned
How very thoughtful of them.

I really can't wait until someone speaks up about what happened. Also, Fuck Konami.

It not hard to know what happen, MGSV cost to much to make and Konami wanted no more of the man who was responsible for it

GHG

Konami are arseholes.

If I was Kojima I would be on a one man mission to take them the fuck down.

wiibomb

Fuck you konami. FUCK YOU...

I cannot express words on how much I hated this move... to deprave a developer of receiving credit for their work, that is more than evil.

AniHawk

i kinda got the whole fallout thing between them. but it felt like it was a professional thing (with a lot of hurt feelings). this seems like it's petty and personal.

CupONoodos

Neo Member
And the wound keeps getting bigger and bigger. Konami should just fire their PR team because there's no coming back after this.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
I feel something actual needs to be done. Opinions on the net are not going to change anything.

this has never been more appropriate.

1410497030019.png

LOL!

They owned Kojima. They told him he couldn't even accept his own award. I hope he never allows something like this to ever happen to him again.

That was fucking awesome. Geoff was on point and I have a ton of respect for him now. Seriously, Konami is trash for not letting Kojima come to accept his award.

Rösti;187817652 said:
I feel something actual needs to be done. Opinions on the net are not going to change anything.

Stop buying their games, oh wait they don't give a fuck they aren't making any games anymore. What do you want, a government inquiry?

Allowed to? It's the truth. They can't NDA reality, and Keighley has no reason to hide anything Konami has told him.
They've tried to C&D people over stupider things like videos on Youtube; I could easily see Konami telling Keighley this but not expecting him to call them out on it live on stage.

Top Bottom