• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KFC debuts Nashville Hot Chicken nationwide, "most successful test in recent history"

Status
Not open for further replies.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
http://www.brandeating.com/2016/01/kfc-s-nashville-hot-chicken-coming-january-18-2016.html

KFC's take on Nashville-style Hot Chicken is set to arrive on January 18, 2016 nationwide.

The new menu item was tested last year in the Pittsburgh area and is hailed by the fried chicken chain as "the most successful product testing in the company’s recent history."

Hot Chicken is a fried chicken dish native to Nashville but has recently been spreading its wings (so to speak) beyond the area and can be found here and there in several states (including at least one spot here in Southern California). What sets it apart from regular fried chicken is that it's basted in a spicy sauce featuring cayenne, paprika, and either lard or frying oil (No word yet on what's in KFC's version of the sauce).

KFC's version uses their Extra Crispy fried chicken or Extra Crispy tenders as a base that is glazed with KFC Nashville Hot sauce and garnished with pickles. KFC describes it as "the perfect combination of spicy, smoky and crispy."

KFC's Nashville Hot Chicken will be offered in a tailgate platter of 24 tenders for a suggested price of $29.99 (may vary). The chicken will also be available in a individual "basket" meal with either one breast, a drumstick & thigh, or three tenders plus coleslaw and a biscuit starting at $5.49. An 8-piece or 12 tenders meal with a large serving of mashed potatoes and gravy, large coleslaw, and four biscuits will go for a suggested price of $21.99.

iXo3VEq.jpg

cirrhosis

KFC is fucking nasty

Hattie B's Hot Chicken from Nashville is the real deal. Best fried chicken I've had, no joke.

'Shut the Cluck Up' seasoning is the only way to go

Rocketz

Why are there pickles just kinda hanging out on the top of the fried chicken? If was in a sandwich sure but that's not what this is.

Hazmat

fuck pickles. mistake putting them on there in the first place.

True story.

What I can't stand about KFC is how lazy every one in my area is. Everything has that nasty taste like it was cooked in old oil. Good KFC original recipe is some tasty chicken, but it's too much of a gamble when Popeye's exists.

Paskil

That actually looks really good. Is Nashville chicken good? I see a few mentions of Hattie B's, I take it they're the go to place? Never heard of them before this thread.

I just had Blazing Boneless Wings with ghost peppers from Buffalo Wild Wings for the billionth time so I am in the ZONE for spicy food.

KFC rox, so yes please!

Takuan

I love me some spicy fried chicken. Sup with those prices tho? Are the tenders gigantic?

Oh, didn't see the stuff it comes with. 2 piece combo for 5.49 sounds about right.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.

Fat4all

Banned
AntiPickleGaf is now the worst Gaf.

Pickles are fucking delicious.

There's a reason they are standard toppings on most restaurants/fast-food places spicy chicken.

Dalek

The spice description had my mouth watering. Then the photo had disgusting slimy pickes all over it ruining the meal with that disgusting piss juice.

Chris R

I will say I don't like the ad one bit.

Is the chicken boneless or bone in? Why are the random pickles floating around in the plate?

How is this served and what is the price? All of these questioned left unanswered by the ad.

At least GAF knows how to answer these questions for me :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom