• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kickstarted games you've been looking forward to play

jblank83

Bit-Kid sent out a Kickstarter update for Chasm recently. Maybe a month ago? They're still going at it. 2 years after the stated delivery date on Kickstarter. Sigh.

Supposedly, instead of just finishing the PC version then porting to PS4, they decided to put the PC version on hold while they built the PS4 version. They had no console experience, so the process has taken forever. Current release estimate is late 2016.

"You're welcome." - Chasm devs

Ydelnae

Little Devil Inside

Action!.gif

TalonJH

I invested in Ray's the Dead(enough that my name will be on a tombstone in the game). I believe it was supposed to come out at the PS4 launch. I would be a little upset but looking at the updates they send me, the scope keeps getting larger and I'm interested in what they end up with.

Current update:
First off - We are super excited about the milestone we've just completed. Over the weekend, for the first time we were able to play the entire game from beginning to end. This means all levels and features are designed, implemented, and fully playable. Very exciting!

raysdead.jpg

b4mv

Banned
I'm super stoked for Bloodstained.
I also backed some game called On A Roll, an Inline Rollerblading game. Looked cool. I was shocked to see it actually make it's goal though. I'll try that out when it releases.

And I guess I'll play the atrocity that is Mighty #9 >.>

squadr0n

I pretty much stopped backing Kickstarters since almost every single one Ive invested in have either been cancelled or are still not even close to being out. My favorite one though that really hasnt been given the attention it deserves is Little Devil Inside by Neostream. Absolutely fell in love with the art style of this game and invested as much as I felt comfortable with while feeling like I could actually help. This game looks amazing and im really hoping it gets released. Out of all the KS ive been interested in, this is the one that sold me.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ldi/little-devil-inside

little-devil-inside_0.jpg

littledevilinside.jpg

I pretty much stopped backing Kickstarters since almost every single one Ive invested in have either been cancelled or are still not even close to being out. My favorite one though that really hasnt been given the attention it deserves is Little Devil Inside by Neostream. Absolutely fell in love with the art style of this game and invested as much as I felt comfortable with while feeling like I could actually help. This game looks amazing and im really hoping it gets released. Out of all the KS ive been interested in, this is the one that sold me.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ldi/little-devil-inside

330c2959c788e5fd7cc09e085346ffd6_original.jpg

I was literally trying to remember this game or a while. It looked so good when I first saw it! I can't wait for it as well!

dickroach

kickstarter and crowdfunded are interchangeable, right?

out now:
Broken Age
Giana Sisters
Gods Will Be Watching
Lisa
Contradiction
Armikrog
Superhot
Hyper Light Drifter

not out yet:
Yooka Laylee
Mighty No 9
Bloodstained
Indivisible

plus there's a like a dozen that I have played. crowdfunding's really cool. (I've never backed a game that got funded, but I've backed game-related things)

jblank83

I pretty much stopped backing Kickstarters since almost every single one Ive invested in have either been cancelled or are still not even close to being out.

Nearly every one of the Kickstarters I've backed has produced a playable finished game. The others are well on into development and are unlikely to fail (eg Star Citizen, Underworld). Every project I've backed has at least shown a prototype and usually is from someone who has actually developed a game in recent memory.

Kickstarter can be reliable in terms of providing finished projects, as long as you're careful about who you hand out money to.

Jinketsu

Bloodstained for sure.
Yooka Laylee most definitely.

Mighty No. 9.

I know it's not going to be the next coming of Christ despite its time in development, but I'm still looking pretty forward to some simple jump-and-shoot fun like the original Mega Mans.

I haven't backed a project in my life, so thank all of you who actually did to get these projects funded!

A-V-B

Bloodstained
Overload
Shantae: Half-Genie Hero
Barkley SaGa 2
Shenmue 3
Yooka-Laylee (even though I'm not a kid of this particular genre, I'm still psyched to see the next Rare game.)

KevinCow

Banned
Yooka-Laylee
Battle Chasers: Nightwar
Steel Assault
Spark the Electric Jester

And, well, I backed Mighty No. 9, too... though everything I've seen about it and all the delays have really killed my anticipation for it.

Jeiiya

I'm hoping that Nelo, Home Free, Shenmue 3, and Bloodstained will all be awesome. Either way though, I feel like I didn't invest too heavily so disappointment levels have been accounted for.

Ogodei

Friggin' Shantae. Put money into that in 2013 for a Wii U version. If it hadn't been for the NX delay, the Wii U might have been replaced by the time they get that out the door.

Spaghetti

I basically stopped using Kickstarter after the initial burst of excitement so I'm not as deep in as some people, but I'm really looking forward to Frog Fractions 2 and Shenmue III.

Kinda regret not backing Thimbleweed Park. It seems more like what I wanted out of Double Fine Adventure.

Nearly every one of the Kickstarters I've backed has produced a playable finished game. The others are well on into development and are unlikely to fail (eg Star Citizen, Underworld). Every project I've backed has at least shown a prototype and usually is from someone who has actually developed a game in recent memory.

Kickstarter can be reliable in terms of providing finished projects, as long as you're careful about who you hand out money to.
Pretty much. Aside from one turning out to be a scam, everything I've backed is released, releasing soon, has a playable alpha/beta/demo, or gets regular progress updates from the developers

If you do your research, and consider any project you're interested in with a critical eye, it's nearly impossible for Kickstarter to fail you

Tides of numenara
Divinity original sin 2
Mighty number 9
Project phoenix
A few others..

Might join later:
Indivisible
Bloodstained

I have confidence only in the first two in the list..

Supposedly, instead of just finishing the PC version then porting to PS4, they decided to put the PC version on hold while they built the PS4 version. They had no console experience, so the process has taken forever. Current release estimate is late 2016.

"You're welcome." - Chasm devs

Wait, what? Where'd you hear this? As much as I'd prefer to play that game on console, that's really lame if true.

Zukkoyaki

Yooka-Laylee is something I've been waiting years for. It was my first Kickstarter backing and is still my only. Playtonic has given me every reason to believe they're going to deliver.

hydruxo

Yooka-Laylee. The only game I've ever kickstarted (and probably going to remain the only one). Absolutely can't wait for this one.

Rocketz

Rain World and Knite & the Ghost Lights are the only two kickstarters I've backed that I'm still waiting on. Knite just had and update but they've had some troubles along the way.

Out of ones I didn't back are Yooka Laylee, Bloodstained, Indivisible, and Hyper Hight Drifter are on my list.

dangeraaron10

Unconfirmed Member
Yooka-Laylee

A must have Banjo-Kazooie successor built by the Rare legends themselves and composed by the equally legendary David Wise and Grant Kirkhope. First game I Kickstarted.

Dragon: The Game

While it's incredibly rough in its current state, I can actually play it right now. I was an Early Access adapter AND is my second Kickstarter. Can't wait to see the finished product and updates are frequent and meaningful.

Rain World

I would have backed even more money than the previous two entries but I found out about the game after the Kickstarter had closed. I would have loved to participate in the Alpha/Beta but I apparently still can by pre-ordering from Humble Bundle? Although I'd rather have most all my PC games through Steam if I could help it.

Top Bottom