• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kickstarter: Divinity: Original Sin 2 [Over, $2 million funded]

Backed so hard. The first game was fantastic, and additions include a very attractive mix of smart, iterative improvements (more elemental interactions, spell crafting) and ambitious new game systems (competitive questing). Let's do this!

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
I really liked the first game but thought the way it implemented co op was dog shit

When we went to the weirdo dimension thing with the little goblin (first town so I dont think its really spoilers), it's a bunch of her going through dialogue options while I have to just eyeball it all in the chat log and stand around until she's done

and that motherfucker talks A LOT

They fixed that in patches.

Nete

More options to troll your friend while doing quests? Even more spell interactions? I'm so in.

Chris Avellone stretch goal pls. Larian needs to be rich.

Santiako

bscOGcx.png

First KS I back, Original Sin became one of my favourite games ever last year. I'm also double dipping on the Enhanced Edition to play coop on the PS4. This year Larian gets all my money :)

First kickstarter I'm backing. Original Sin was the best isometric RPG since Baldur's Gate 2. If the sequel does improve the writing then its a serious contender for GOAT.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
Backed the moment I woke up.

Larian has done AMAZING work with D:OS, so I am happy to put my faith in them for a sequel. Based on the pitch, it looks like it will also be great.

Famassu

the first game did well, youd think they could use profits from the last title to fund this game....
Bleh, not this shit again. Original Sin did well, but not exceptionally well. It didn't sell GTA numbers or anything and a lot of those copies were sold at a noticeable discount. Steam took a big cut (isn't it 30%?). Taxes are a thing, you know. They had private investors who had to be paid their share for investing in the project. They've used quite a lot of money to develop the Enhanced Edition of the first game. After all that, they didn't make hundreds of millions of dollars or anything or even the kind of doube digit millions that they'd be anywhere near comfortable developing a game of this scope all with their own money.

And they ARE using their own money (in the millions) for this, but they just want to make it even bigger & better and getting some KS money will help them realize their full ambition for the game.

ys45

Backed at $25 , the physical tier is way too expensive (about $200 CAD with shipping) .

Still wanted to support them as I really enjoyed the first game and this one look even more fun .

matmanx1

Backed at $25. Original Sin was so good that I would like to throw these guys more cash just on principle but I'm too practical to justify that at this point. Still, I am in and hope that this KS cruises well past the original goal. These folks deserve it.

Iastfan112

Neo Member
I'd love if they gave the option to buy some of the collectors edition physical goods separately. I'd love a cloth map but am not comfortable going in for $125 dollars.

gazele

Banned
Backed at $25

Loved what I've played of the first one even though I'm waiting for enhanced edition to do a full play through

The crafting of spells sounds amazing

Kinda hope there's a PS4 option since my laptop can't do the game justice but if not that's okay too

Famassu

I don't know.. Maybe more people would pledge for the sequel after they have played the first one? Just a maybe..
Enhanced Edition is coming to consoles too so I think they messed up a little, but whatever I'm sure they'll hit the target anyway.
I just know that I won't pledge for game sequel I haven't even played yet, would assume lots of people are the same.
They can just keep pledges open through PayPal & a site of their own for late backers, if someone wants to pledge after experiencing the console version. But they are in the process of ramping up development for the sequel now and they need to know NOW what kind of baseline scope they are aiming for the project, instead of waiting for 3 more expensive, wage-paying-for-everyone-in-the-company months.

Nete

Watching the KS video, oh god the music. Kirill will be REALLY missed. Whoever takes his place, will have some very, very big shoes to fill.

I don't know.. Maybe more people would pledge for the sequel after they have played the first one? Just a maybe..
Enhanced Edition is coming to consoles too so I think they messed up a little, but whatever I'm sure they'll hit the target anyway.
I just know that I won't pledge for game sequel I haven't even played yet, would assume lots of people are the same.
At least for me, I had never heard of the Divinity games when the first OS KS happened

Now I'm already backed this since one the first game turned out so good. Plus the game doesnt come out till late 2016 or maybe 2017 depending on the stretch goals, so I have more than enough time to get the first Original Sin before this one comes out

roytheone

If I were to back this at the 50 $ tier, I guess I would get the enhanced edition of the original game immediately when it comes out right?

A later patch made it so you could read them along in your own dialogue box.

They fixed that in patches.

Beautiful.

Me and my wife got really disheartened by that so we haven't played it co op since then (right around release time I'd guess)

I loved it SP but felt let down by the MP because of that

I've already backed this one but might bump up to 2 copies now because they seem to know exactly how to improve things

Havik

First game i want to back up on kickstarter (first game was great and it seems to launch relatively soon) but i dont have a creditcard :(

Hastati

A signed, framed portrait AND a poem!?

HERE WE GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

-----

These tiers are awesome by the way Larian. You guys are so awesome. <3

Top Bottom