• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kid Icarus: Uprising website updates and Palutena Tweets

Goli

Sweet! Thanks Ace!

Really looking forward to them, do we know if these videos are output from the Nintendo inhouse video production team that was rumored a couple years ago or outsourced?

Er, they're probably done in house at each of the different anime studios and then sent to Nintendo so they do whatever they have to to get those videos on Nintendo Video.

Goli

They'll probably end up offering them for sale, like Dreamworks did with those Shrek shorts or whatever.

That would be very un-Nintendo like.
I'm sure they'll be uploaded on places other than Nintendo Video at some point anyway, like Nintendo's YouTube channel or the KIU official sites.

zroid

Banned
Well, this just looks f'ing cool
AnWwOl4CMAAOkq0.jpg

sfried

That would be very un-Nintendo like.
I'm sure they'll be uploaded on places other than Nintendo Video at some point anyway, like Nintendo's YouTube channel or the KIU official sites.
eShop somehow has managed to snag some un-Nintendo like things lately. I wouldn't be surprised if the shorts, like the Shrek ones, end up on eShop for purchase.
I would buy the hell outta them. I just wish they offered subtitled or dubbed options.

Ahahahah YES, a glorious SHAFT headtilt. Best game ever confirmed
AnRWkvpCEAEu3ek.jpg

b8oat.jpg]
That makes too much sense.

Neiteio

I hope this game lives up to Nintendo's sales expectations. The pack-in stand, cards, etc, reminds me of how Earthbound came bundled in a big box wth the player's guide, and released to insane sales expectations, only to "fail" and burn NOA out on the series. Now we have the Kid Icarus revival, complete with anime shorts and everything. I think the potential is there... A demo would probably help more than hurt, if done right.

There are literally hundreds of screenshots and dozens of minutes of footage of this game out in the wild. This is ridiculous and I love it.

iavi

There are literally hundreds of screenshots and dozens of minutes of footage of this game out in the wild. This is ridiculous and I love it.

Ditto. And it the constant streaming of information worked. Seriously, my interest for this game went from -10 to 110 over time. I hope this game takes off.

Neiteio

The dodging and Smash attacks look so fun. Just very snappy and hard-hitting. And I just love how splashy and animated everything looks. So much energy!

I hope this becomes the next mega IP for Nintendo since they seem to have invested a lot of marketing for it. They need a full set of cards

@MUWANdo

Banned
I hope this game lives up to Nintendo's sales expectations. The pack-in stand, cards, etc, reminds me of how Earthbound came bundled in a big box wth the player's guide, and released to insane sales expectations, only to "fail" and burn NOA out on the series. Now we have the Kid Icarus revival, complete with anime shorts and everything. I think the potential is there... A demo would probably help more than hurt, if done right.

See, this is why I think using the Kid Icarus IP was a mistake - it doesn't really help sell the game to older gamers, and I can't imagine many younger gamers are gonna be too interested at first glance. I mean, can you imagine any young boy picking up the game with the angel on the cover over Mario or Sonic or any of the other games on the shelf?

See, this is why I think using the Kid Icarus IP was a mistake - it doesn't really help sell the game to older gamers, and I can't imagine many younger gamers are gonna be too interested at first glance. I mean, can you imagine any young boy picking up the game with the angel on the cover over Mario or Sonic or any of the other games on the shelf?

Maybe young girls will want to play the game then?

@MUWANdo

Banned
Maybe young girls will want to play the game then?

They might be more likely to pick it up, maybe, but will they enjoy it? I know I'm generalising, but I can't imagine such a hectic and deceptively hardcore game will really grab young children, especially with a stylus-driven control scheme, and I'm guessing Nintendo is trying to mitigate this by adding a bunch of different pathways to entry - the card game, the animations, the cheesy plot, etc. Then again, what do I know?

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
One thing: this game must be running on the Brawl engine. I mean, the animations after the hits, even some of the effects are basically the same XD

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
No, there has not been. I don't think it has communities. I know it supports joining friends from the 3DS friends list like MK7 though.

Well, I must admit that the gameplay might not be as conducive to "communities" as MK7 is, but it would be sad to have a feature missing...

Codeblue

I'm really hoping it does. I deleted most of my 3DS friends because the Swapnotes wouldn't stop pouring in so I'd have to re-add a bunch of you.

I'd say that it wouldn't be like him to skip a feature but he hasn't done much in the online space except Brawl and that was pretty bare bones feature wise.

StayDead

Oh my god this looks so good.

I can't believe how huge the game looks in terms of story/amount to do. It really is much like Smash Bros in the fact there's so much content. Really can't wait <3

sfried

Good!

I actually got a 3DS for my birthday last week, but the biggest reason I wanted one to
begin with is this game. I want to collect weapons like crazy.
At first it didn't matter to me what the end result was, seeing how I played the original and, like the original Metroid, didn't enjoy it as much due to slow reflexes.

I'm glad Sakurai is re envisioning it. What surprises me is the extent of that re envisioning, complete with merchandising (AR Cards) and anime tie-in. Of course, I feel I have to play the game to make a final call if it will play much better than expected (as in, pretty good level design and great sense of exploration while on-foot).

That and this was the first 3DS game they showed us (or was that Revelations?). It certainly won't be the last.

qq more

I just preordered the game.

I normally don't really buy games at full price these days (ToTA was an exception due to how low the shipments were) but holy shit I want this game despite being on a media black out for most of the info. But from what I'm hearing it sounds really great.

I hope the game does well!

Wizpig

Anime shorts, merchandising, an online multiplayer mode, hype... it's like i really have my AAA title on the 3DS, by Nintendo!

All we miss is a rumored live-action movie made in the USA, with nothing to do with the actual game.
And at least 4 DLC packs.
Oh and a "Kid Icarus Elite" thingy to buy.

No, seriously.
I'm pretty hyped and happy with all the stuff they are doing for this.

Top Bottom