• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLER INSTINCT - Sadira trailer - ORCHID TEASE

hwalker84

We should start a list here soon of who's planning on getting the game at launch so we can all have people to play with. Seem legit?

Getting it as soon as I get back from Japan Nov 30th. I'm going straight from the airport to my office to pickup my console. Gamertag is Big H I only accept people that tell me who they are.

If key art is made available...yeah, that's the plan.

ihj1pyKcUxDVw.gif

Flowmoney

Thursday sure can't come soon enough.Ready to see some Orchid action.

I am still more curious about Shadow Jago , people say its just skin but from what they have been saying , it is like extra character.

I wonder if that means that it is like a Shoto in street fighter and will be more broken than the real Jago with like teleport , air fireball etc.

derFeef

Finally got a chance to play the game. Went over a bunch of topics that I wanted to touch on.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zH4T-aQ1RqQ

And a follow up video about my 4 Day experience with the XBox One Tour
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pgB6D9oc6q0

Cool videos, man. I also could not do the quarter circle moves on the dpad when I played it, I had to use the sticks for that. I wonder if that's just a bug or unfinished driver/software, it seems to not register the angled inputs.

Thursday sure can't come soon enough.Ready to see some Orchid action.

I am still more curious about Shadow Jago , people say its just skin but from what they have been saying , it is like extra character.

I wonder if that means that it is like a Shoto in street fighter and will be more broken than the real Jago with like teleport , air fireball etc.

Yes, i'm soo excited for Orchid! I want to know how she'll play already! Then the classic costumes and tease of the 7th character!

Also, I wouldn't mind Shadow Jago being an equivalent to Evil Ryu. It'd be another character to play. XP

derFeef

If the final version does not support the D-Pad... I... I just don't know what I'll do!

I am sure they will, maybe Max or Filthie can chime in?.

Just to note - the sticks are totally fine and because they are a bit looser, you don't accidentily jump all the time like with the 360 pad.

amardilo

If the final version does not support the D-Pad... I... I just don't know what I'll do!

I thought it did. When I played it at an event I think I was switching between d-pad and sticks. But then again I'm not a massive fighting game player and it might be why I lost all the games I played with the standard Xbox One controller :D

Spades

Another question around the arcade stick and a KI nub:

As a newcomer to the KI series (and fighters in general I suppose), would it be beneficial to start playing with a controller to get the hang of things, or will it be immediately better if I just start learning the game/mechanics/moves/combos using a stick right off the bat?

scently

I have been asking this but haven't gotten an answer yet, does anybody know the download size of KI? Have they given any detail on the size of the game?

iBuzz7S

Banned
I have been asking this but haven't gotten an answer yet, does anybody know the download size of KI? Have they given any detail on the size of the game?
They haven't given much detail on the game, period! Can't wait for my day one 12 month Xbox LIVE code, which comes with a Shadow Jago skin, then to see that 'exclusive' offer included in the season pass too.

But no, no download size released. Really wish they'd start announcing stuff for first-party titles.

They haven't given much detail on the game, period! Can't wait for my day one 12 month Xbox LIVE code, which comes with a Shadow Jago skin, then to see that 'exclusive' offer included in the season pass too.

But no, no download size released. Really wish they'd start announcing stuff for first-party titles.

Wait, I think its says 4GB is needed for KI on the 12 months of XBox live gold thing

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I am so damn pumped for the Orchid runthrough and new reveal tomorrow. I feel like it's been so long, and now it's finally close to releasing.

Did they say they're also showing the costumes or is that still just before launch at another time?

derFeef

KI is the one game where they released a ton of info already. Everything what's in there is pretty much known.

iBuzz7S

Banned
Wait, I think its says 4GB is needed for KI on the 12 months of XBox live gold thing
Checked MS Store, EB Games and other local retailers. None of 'em make mention of what is needed. :(

KI is the one game where they released a ton of info already. Everything what's in there is pretty much known.
I should not of posted something half-assed. What I meant was what they are doing with it. There's a few editions, some season pass thing with a second season pass confirmed (?) and what it says on the day one 12 month code.

Still have no clue whatsoever as to what Killer Instinct: Round One is. If it's the F2P version which can be downloaded from Xbox LIVE, well they could of simply said that rather than advertise it as some exclusive.

I'm just really confused with what they're doing with this game right now.

Thanks to Microsoft France, we have KI in Paris Games Week. Except it's an old build without Sadira, and that the official madcatz sticks are not working with the Xbox One because the consoles were not updated.

Had to play with a pad, enjoyed it, but seriously... Ok it's not Titanfall or Ryse, but a bit of serious would have been appreciated.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Good video. I agree with pretty much everything he said. I would be really surprised if DH actually keep Orchid turning into the fire cat, I think it's more likely she'll be able to summon it to attack independently. Video also reminded me how badly DH screwed up Glacius :( but at least there are classic costume options.

I think we will be in for a fan boy freak out if she doesn't morph into a cat

just like me if fulgore doesn't have an almost identical moveset to KI1 (ok I really just want his charge dash... Sogood)

Kalm

Another question around the arcade stick and a KI nub:

As a newcomer to the KI series (and fighters in general I suppose), would it be beneficial to start playing with a controller to get the hang of things, or will it be immediately better if I just start learning the game/mechanics/moves/combos using a stick right off the bat?

Sticks are expensive and the first one you buy is always a gamble so starting out with the controller is probably the safer bet.

However, I think building skill and muscle memory is a bit easier/faster with a stick. The inputs are just naturally more precise and predictable, especially when you're just starting out.

It's more fun as well which helped me endure some of the early frustration that came with jumping into online matches with no skill whatsoever.

The experience is different enough that it's entirely possible to hate the entire genre when played with a controller and absolutely love it when played with an arcade stick. That's pretty much exactly what happened in my case.

Spades

The experience is different enough that it's entirely possible to hate the entire genre when played with a controller and absolutely love it when played with an arcade stick. That's pretty much exactly what happened in my case.

Thanks - this is exactly the reason I'm thinking of getting the KI stick on launch day. I've played lots of fighting games in the past but have never ever bothered to learn moves or combos and I think the controller barrier is possibly the reason why.

Kacho

Thanks - this is exactly the reason I'm thinking of getting the KI stick on launch day. I've played lots of fighting games in the past but have never ever bothered to learn moves or combos and I think the controller barrier is possibly the reason why.

If you can deal with the hefty price tag you should definitely get the stick. You'll be happy you did in the long run.

Also, KI in my opinion is very beginner friendly. Once you wrap your head around how the combo system works you'll pretty much be able to play any character and have a lot of fun.

Malmorian

I've never been any good at fighting games, but I'm really looking forward to watching some pro matches once this game releases. Looks sick!

AcidGlow

Neo Member

Yes, I'd like to think the dpad is fine but maybe what I played on was a buggy dev kit. I know some people prefer a dpad. Hopefully it was only a developer kit problem.

Jarlaxle

I should not of posted something half-assed. What I meant was what they are doing with it. There's a few editions, some season pass thing with a second season pass confirmed (?) and what it says on the day one 12 month code.

Still have no clue whatsoever as to what Killer Instinct: Round One is. If it's the F2P version which can be downloaded from Xbox LIVE, well they could of simply said that rather than advertise it as some exclusive.

I'm just really confused with what they're doing with this game right now.

This should help you if you haven't seen it already:

023219.jpg

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
To add to the above, think of KI as a platform like rock band

round one is really just the first set of characters

if they were to hit season 4, there would be more new characters than returning characters

I'm hoping they at least hit season 3 as they'd have a pretty good roster by that point and a LOT of new characters... That's when we see DH creativity really take over especially if they are prioritizing old over new

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
If some enterprising developer from double helix happened to, I dunno, leave a whole pile of artwork at my doorstep...

Regardless, I want people to chime in which design they like the most. I'm gonna quote it one more time for this page to be sure.

My favourite would be the first one with the frame of the second one.

Enordash

Still feeling tech the most, but I do think it's worth a shot to try the first one's blood splatter with the tech framing like someone previously suggested.

hwalker84

I wish Mad Catz would announce Orchid Fightpad like that Chun Li one that they did in the past.

I am one of those people that prefer fightpads.A fightpad with Orchid and another one with Fulgore would be nice.(Fulgore one could be released later to celebrate him coming out.)

Yeah I'd buy a fightpad but I'm not interested in a fight stick at all. Joysticks never sat well with me.

Top Bottom