• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killing Floor 2 Early Access |OT| I Buy You. Birth sign: DOSH

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Hey everyone, this is Dusk Golem aka AestheticGamer. I have posted on NeoGAF since 2011, and have decided to resign. I have enjoyed posting about horror games here for years, but I no longer wish to support the site and will be leaving for good. I will still be around the internet, I go by AestheticGamer on YouTube, I make games on Steam as Yai Gameworks, and I plan to go by Dusk Golem on other forums. I'll be joining an off-set of the GAF community leaving to try other ventures like ResetEra (Official Twitter for that here: https://twitter.com/reseteraforum ). I hope some of you who read this may consider it, and I plan to try to expose more people to horror games in the years to come. Just not here.

I hope you all are having a good day, and know I always loved the community, and in the end it's the community I'm going to stick with, not the site itself. If you want to follow me, my official Twitter is here: https://twitter.com/AestheticGamer1

Raxus

506x284.resizedimage

Someone much better than I have to change this into a hyped gif.

Tovarisc

Cross post;

Sorry everyone, let me try this again, without accidentially hitting send in the middle of the e-mail :)

So the good news is Killing Floor 2 is selling like crazy, and bumped GTAIV off the Steam top sellers in about 15 minutes. The bad news is, 17,000 people are trying to play KF2 right now (and it's going up a couple thousand every few minutes) and we've got enough servers up to handle about 7,000 players. Success is a good problem to have, but wow this really blew away our expectations.

As such we're in dire needs of LOTS of servers up. Right now there are enough servers to handle about 5,000 players, and we have over 16,000 people playing right now. Within the next few hours we'll likely pass 25,000, and by tomorrow we could be at 50,000 players.

Can you all get servers up to help us meet this initial peak? The game is selling like crazy, but we're really in serious need of servers as soon as possible.

Thanks everyone!

John Gibson President Tripwire Interactive

http://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/33egt7/killing_floor_2_is_expected_to_have_25k_to_50k/

epmode

GAF, if you're getting tearing or a stuttering framerate no matter what in-game settings you choose, disable in-game vsync and force it through your drivers. Worked perfectly for me.

Nyoro SF

The fleshpound needs to sound... "louder", he makes that loud-ass roar in the beginning and then everything he does afterwards barely makes any noise.

Nokterian

tumblr_n8pwg28KHd1r5rtx7o1_500.gif

LOADSAMENO!

Man this game is sooo fucking great! To me one of the best early access i have ever played it just fucking works.

Hurrah! An OT has arrived, great work Dusk.

The fleshpound needs to sound... "louder", he makes that loud-ass roar in the beginning and then everything he does afterwards barely makes any noise.

It's really noticeable when you compare the fleshpound to the scrake as the scrake sounds great.

I'm downloading right now!

I only played a couple hours of KF1 but I quite liked it. Also I got it for like $1.25 so I don't feel so bad putting down 30 bucks for the sequel. The different classes sound fun, I just hope we get more than Horde-mode down the line. This is also the first FPS I'm playing since... Metro Last Light? I hope everyone I play with doesn't hate me.

Kinsei

Banned
The Pulverizer is amazing. The thing tears through fleshpounds like butter on normal mode. I was surprised that they took less hits to take down than a skrake.

Is anyones computer running hotter than usual running this game? It's not scary high or anything, but the temps are definitely higher than I'm used to.

Nordicus

The Pulverizer is amazing. The thing tears through fleshpounds like butter on normal mode. I was surprised that they took less hits to take down than a skrake.
It might be that Fleshpounds still take increased explosive damage like in the first game and the pulverizer ammo counts as explosive.

Kinsei

Banned
It might be that Fleshpounds still take increased explosive damage like in the first game and the pulverizer ammo counts as explosive.

That's probably it. I never really used demo in KF1 and only used grenades for large groups so I never bothered to find out if the big things took extra explosive damage or not.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Hey everyone, this is Dusk Golem aka AestheticGamer. I have posted on NeoGAF since 2011, and have decided to resign. I have enjoyed posting about horror games here for years, but I no longer wish to support the site and will be leaving for good. I will still be around the internet, I go by AestheticGamer on YouTube, I make games on Steam as Yai Gameworks, and I plan to go by Dusk Golem on other forums. I'll be joining an off-set of the GAF community leaving to try other ventures like ResetEra (Official Twitter for that here: https://twitter.com/reseteraforum ). I hope some of you who read this may consider it, and I plan to try to expose more people to horror games in the years to come. Just not here.

I hope you all are having a good day, and know I always loved the community, and in the end it's the community I'm going to stick with, not the site itself. If you want to follow me, my official Twitter is here: https://twitter.com/AestheticGamer1

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Feels so weird to be level 0 again across the board. Being a medic with slow-recharging darts is ;-;

While it was a bummer people couldn't find servers to get into earlier today, I really love that demand was too high. This is the goodness of KF1 but with less of the stuff that people didn't like.

Here's to a few hundred (dare I say I break a thousand?) hours!

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Just added to my Wishlist, once I build my new PC, this is my first purchase, not even kidding.

It's Unreal Engine 3. If your computer can run Unreal Engine 3 titles, it'll run this just fine.

I played KF1 a lot is it worth buying early access for this on PC, because i plan on grabbing it on PS4 to play with my friends who don't play on PC, if the PS4 version is months away I wouldn't mind picking it up

Top Bottom