• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killing Floor 2 Early Access |OT| I Buy You. Birth sign: DOSH

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
It's not the weapons that were nerfed, but the resistances of the zeds increased. It's a clusterfuck right now, but hopefully they can fix it.

"KILL CRAWLERS WITH FIREBUG WEAPONS!"

(Crawlers now can't be killed with fucking Firebug weapons)

IT'S RIGHT IN THE FUCKING EXPERIENCE SCREEN, TRIPWIRE. WTF!?

Like I said: Tripwire has no idea what they're doing with this game and they're busy doing research for Rising Storm 2/Red Orchestra 3: Vietnam. "But someone else is developing i--" Doesn't matter, half their dev team is going out instead of working releasing the fucking game complete.

Speaking of which, KF2 is supposed to finally leave Early Access
NOT DONE RIGHT!™
by the end of the year. The same thing they said LAST YEAR. Meanwhile, Martial Artist and SWAT (the last two perks they need to have the perk system be "feature complete") ARE NOT COMING IN THE FINAL/NON-EA RELEASE they are coming AFTER. WTF!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?

Does KF2 take ages to load up now after this update? What's the difference between the two modes of the railgun? Auto lock seems pretty cheesy.

Before the nerf: Nothing. Now with the nerf/hotfix: Auto-lock does significantly less damage than manual. It's generally used to pop Sirens heads from a long distance, but shouldn't be used for larger/FP, SC, HK... zeds.

God, why did they nerf weapons? Is it due to the Versus Mode? It's like they miss the whole damn point.

EDIT: holy fucking shit this resistance crap, why are my bullets not killing anyone anymore?! what the fuck
Probably their (clumsy) way of not making the game piss easy anymore even in Hell on Earth difficulty, like it already has been for months.

But hey, some people thought the cosmetic skins were the game's biggest issue.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Nah, it's less about making things not easy. Apparently because they want "certain perks to work on certain zeds", forgetting how that shit doesn't work on a game like KF. That and Versus Mode.

Is KF1 still active?

on the bright side, we only have 2 classes remaining

on the not bright side, this game's a fucking mess lol I wonder if Tripwire's going to fix it or take the DayZ procedure of not doing anything at all

spiritfox

http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=118369&page=2

You'll be happy to know that we're releasing a new update in the next day or 2 that will take the resistances of trash zeds pretty much back to the way they were before the update. I personally would like to say I'm sorry that you guys didn't like it. I worked really hard on it and thought all the fans would love it. but working long hours means nothing if it's not liked. We're also looking at teleporting and will be addressing that aswell in a future update.

Rafy

As someone who put 10 hours into the game when it was first released in EA, what is a comprehensive list of changes that took place since then, and around what update did you notice the game start to fall apart? What is the main reason you are upset with Tripwire?

I am just asking because I am going to try the game once again later today and I'd like to know what to expect.

Tokubetsu

Hard to fucking sympathize with him when they've been consistently behind on shit or constantly making things not fun or exciting for this entire early access period.

Oh wow you wasted all these hours and everyone hated it? Maybe you should have put feelers out or actually do some research into the kinda changes the community actually wants. I know development isn't easy, but Tripwire is how many games deep now and it seems like they trip up more often now than they used to before.

El Odio

Banned
I got bored the other day and booted up KF only to find it mostly barren do I hopped into this which u only played once last year and holy hell has a lot been changed for the worse, compared to the original. The VA isnt as unintentionally charming, the easy voice commands have been removed in favor of a stupid voice wheel and the starting commando weapon is absolutely shit.

That said I'm actually having a bit of fun in the sessions I've played so far. There's just something relaxing about putting on some good music and shooting at endless hordes for an hour or so again.

Nordicus

SWAT perk detailed

Will be in opt-in beta tomorrow if all goes well. Also, new zed behaviours, like guarding their head with their hands, dodging, and special tougher "alpha" zed variants in higher difficulties, like tougher bloats that explode into mines on death

Also, devs denied about the last perk being dragon/martial artist

Full release with all content aimed for end of the year

FaceTurn

Just reached level 20 with demo. The armor piercing rounds skill is amazing. I'm decapitating scrakes on suicidal with 1-2 direct hits with the rpg. It's glorious.

Is it me, or does match-making not work well anymore? It used to do its job just fine, but recently it sits me down for a minute before throwing me in an empty lobby. However, when I check the server browser, there are plenty of ongoing games.

Other than that, this game is fantastic. I understand the complaints it gets, but it did everything I asked for; brings KF1's gameplay over to a modern engine, and polishes its aesthetic. The gunplay, and the act of ripping through Zeds is so satisfying.

Ryuuga

Banned
Got back into this after I slapped a 1060 into my rig. Definitely appreciate all the visual features I was missing. I downloaded the PS4 closed beta last night and it runs pretty good but with compromises I've come to expect from console ports. Though with that said, I actually find it more enjoyable to play the game with a controller. You can tone down the super aggressive aim-assist if that isn't your thing, but the default config is pretty decent I thought.

Top Bottom