• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killing Floor 2 |OT| You've got red on you.

Mupod

The funny part is it sounds like you're making this too hard. I use the stun skill and if you crossbow a scrake or fp in the head it tends to stun so then I go ham.

In your case lets says I kill 5 enemies with M14 with headshots before the scrake then I would quick switch and go for double headshot on the crossbow which will kill them once you start powering up. Just be quick or the 5x bonus will drop off. Don't forget 2 nades stun the fuckers. In general granted my teammates don't tick off fps or scrakes I'm already downing them with the bow. I don't waste time on the rail gun until boss, just a preference.

Add audacious predator on steam if you want pc games with me.

a crossbow seems to always stun on headshot, at least on hard. Just wasn't sure what the point of the stun skill was since the M14 doesn't stun nor does the railgun seem to. But like you I usually only get the railgun for bosses.

I'm still pretty low level (don't even have that headshot skill yet) so I'm just thinking about the future, I only play a few rounds here and there on weekends.

But yeah I picked up sharpshooter for no reason other than to be the scrake guy. But I often end up also being the crawler guy, the bloat guy, the siren guy and the husk guy. Thank you M14.

LCGeek

formerly sane
a crossbow seems to always stun on headshot, at least on hard. Just wasn't sure what the point of the stun skill was since the M14 doesn't stun nor does the railgun seem to. But like you I usually only get the railgun for bosses.

I'm still pretty low level (don't even have that headshot skill yet) so I'm just thinking about the future, I only play a few rounds here and there on weekends.

But yeah I picked up sharpshooter for no reason other than to be the scrake guy. But I often end up also being the crawler guy, the bloat guy, the siren guy and the husk guy. Thank you M14.

Sharpshooter seems incredibly broke to me with M14 suicide and below. If you're making HS it's just as good as commando sans slightly slower rate of fire. My experience is tilted as my sharpshooter is 25. Just about everyone can be mowed down on max HS bonus with 2-3 headshots except fps and scrakes.

Kinsei

Banned
I finally took the time to start playing the PS4 version now that I've finished Pokemon and it's really great. That annoying glitch from the beta where you throw dosh after checking the stats is still in but other than that it runs pretty well.

I lucked out and got some good teams. While there were a few deaths everything went pretty smoothly.

Apologies if this has been covered, but how's the PS4 community?

I had no troubles finding games.

Fury451

Banned
Thanks, I will probably pick it up then. Unfortunately my PC is way outdated to run 2, though I played a bit of 1 back when.

Razilez

That annoying glitch from the beta where you throw dosh after checking the stats is still in but other than that it runs pretty well.
See I thought that was a glitch as well, but turns out if you swipe up on the touch pad it throws money. Essentially making you able to do this:
Make-it-Rain.gif

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Hold triangle and press R1 to throw away weapon.

May I suggest: Hold triangle and press L1 to unequip weapon? Basically hit L1 to grey it out in the inventory, until you manually activate it again, or run out of ammo in your other weapons.

For whatever reason they won't allow you to drop the pistol, fine, but 80% of the perks my 9mm is just an annoyance. This would fix it for me.

Teknoman

Is there a PS4 GAF community for the game? Also are people using voice / teamwork or just trying to be lone wolves for the most part?

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman
Men is fucking impossible to win a pvp match while being human.Too few roounds to gain enough money to buy the big guns.And the final wave is a joke while 1 human controlling the boss and the others the specials. No way :(

Mupod

It doesn't seem like they added new guns? Support has even less guns then the first game. That's kind of a bummer.

there's more guns than when I played KF1, but that game had years of additions after I stopped playing so what I think is new might not be. The only missing weapon I've noticed so far is the M32 for demo and I REALLY want that one back. Sharpshooter gained a railgun and medic was completely redone. I've only played sharpshooter/support/demo/medic so far though.

riflen

As far as Support is concerned, I'm not sure there's much more you can do with shotguns anyway. You have:

Pump-action tube magazine
Breech-loading double-barrel sawn off
Semi-auto tube magazine
Full-auto drum magazine

I mean, you can add slight variations on these, but what would that really do? They'd mostly be not much more than re-skins. I suppose a semi-auto with removable magazine, giving a better reload time, could be added as an alternative T3. Looking at the KF1 Support, this is basically all that's missing in KF2. The nailgun has been given to Berserker and the other gun was part of DLC.
Personally I like the simple weapon line-up in this game. It stops me worrying too much about whether I have the best load-out for the round. I feel if you added too many weapons, you'd risk changing the personality of the game somewhat.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Cool. How do updates work? Is it DLC?

If it's like Killing Floor 1 (and working with what we know about KF2's updates), the updates will work like this (keep in mind I'm talking content updates, not balancing patches/fixes or anything):

01.) There will be free content updates for the game for a few years after launch. All new maps will be free, a variety of new weapons will be free and added to the class weapons (each class should slowly get several new weapons over time), and it's been confirmed there also will be enemy updates to add new enemies/bosses into the game. The Baton/shield is under this classification of updates, since the game is just out they're now going to be adding new stuff to the base game free of charge for all users, and there will be more weapons added for all classes over time. This said, not all weapons will be free down the line, which leads us to the second thing...

02.) DLC. Now, the DLC may not work exactly like Killing Floor 1 as there now is the crate/drop system in KF2, but in Killing Floor 1 cosmetic costumes & community weapon packs were paid DLC. As there's a drop system now which basically gives you the same thing the old KF1 DLC did, I'm not sure if that will replace or these are coming back. But to explain in basic, costumes & community weapons (weapons made by the community and licensed for use in the game) were paid DLC in KF1, they seem to be the dropping system now in KF2.

03.) Crossover Promotions. This was in KF1, and is in KF2 on PC for the moment. Basically, owning other games will get you some exclusive costume/characters/weapons in KF2. The ones in KF2 (PC-only right now) are:
-Horzine Elite (outfit) & all Horzine Elite 9mm variants (cosmetic weapon) for buying the buying the game in Early Access.
-Tom Banner (character) for getting the Deluxe Edition or for owning Chivalry
-Anton Strasser (character) for owning Red Orchestra 2
-Zweihander (Weapon) for owning Chivalry.
-DJ Scully (Character) for owning Deluxe Edition.
-Mr. Foster PC Gamer DOSH (cosmetic) from PCGamer promo.
-Alienware helmet (cosmetic) from Alienware promo.

04.) And the favorite of most, Holiday Updates. These are free as well, obviously. To explain this, these are free updates that usually include one new permanent map for KF (that's loosely based off the holiday theme), all of the enemies get new skins/some get new sounds that are thematic for the holiday (in KF1 as an example for the Christmas event, Clots get dressed like elves, the Gorefests become gingerbread men, the Crawlers became dressed up like reindeer, Fleshpound became a Nutcracker, etc.) that all enemies will look like on all maps while the holiday event is going on (usually 2-3 weeks), and often something new was also added to the game (in KF1 and assuming KF2 as well), IE new weapons, new costumes, etc. One year a new mode was added (Objective Mode, which was added during the Summer event I believe). Usually it'd be 1-3 new weapons total and one new costume. Also new achievements get added, and there'd be a holiday challenge if you can do a certain percentage of the new holiday achievements before the holiday event was over you'd get some timed exclusive reward costume (like a Santa outfit for Christmas, Grim Reaper costume for Halloween, that sort of thing, which would only be available for a limited time during that event). Also new music usually got added to KF1 for the season, which would play during the event on maps (and play after the event on the new released holiday map).

The holidays that Killing Floor 1 celebrated:
-Twisted Christmas
-Halloween Event
-Sideshow Summer
-April Fools

Christmas was celebrated every year under 'Twisted Christmas' and was consistent. Halloween was celebrated every year from 2011 onwards, though the theme of the Halloween event would differ (it first was "Sideshow Amusement Park" themed, but later that theme got taken by the Summer event so they made Halloween Hillbilly themed), Summer & April Fool's were on and off holiday things not celebrated every year and kind of alternated with each other which would be celebrated that year. Summer would usually be Sideshow themed, and April Fool's was a grab bag (one year was Portal themed for a crossover around Portal 2's release which added a new Portal-themed map to Killing Floor).

So those generally are the content updates, just new content updates (these will be more frequent for the year or two after release as they add more content to the game more actively), then the 4th updates will take over more afterward if it's like KF1 (where there's three big updates for the game a year around Summer, Halloween, & Christmas time).

If it's like Killing Floor 1 (and working with what we know about KF2's updates), the updates will work like this (keep in mind I'm talking content updates, not balancing patches/fixes or anything):

01.) There will be free content updates for the game for a few years after launch. All new maps will be free, a variety of new weapons will be free and added to the class weapons (each class should slowly get several new weapons over time), and it's been confirmed there also will be enemy updates to add new enemies/bosses into the game. The Baton/shield is under this classification of updates, since the game is just out they're now going to be adding new stuff to the base game free of charge for all users, and there will be more weapons added for all classes over time. This said, not all weapons will be free down the line, which leads us to the second thing...

02.) DLC. Now, the DLC may not work exactly like Killing Floor 1 as there now is the crate/drop system in KF2, but in Killing Floor 1 cosmetic costumes & community weapon packs were paid DLC. As there's a drop system now which basically gives you the same thing the old KF1 DLC did, I'm not sure if that will replace or these are coming back. But to explain in basic, costumes & community weapons (weapons made by the community and licensed for use in the game) were paid DLC in KF1, they seem to be the dropping system now in KF2.

03.) Crossover Promotions. This was in KF1, and is in KF2 on PC for the moment. Basically, owning other games will get you some exclusive costume/characters/weapons in KF2. The ones in KF2 (PC-only right now) are:
-Horzine Elite (outfit) & all Horzine Elite 9mm variants (cosmetic weapon) for buying the buying the game in Early Access.
-Tom Banner (character) for getting the Deluxe Edition or for owning Chivalry
-Anton Strasser (character) for owning Red Orchestra 2
-Zweihander (Weapon) for owning Chivalry.
-DJ Scully (Character) for owning Deluxe Edition.
-Mr. Foster PC Gamer DOSH (cosmetic) from PCGamer promo.
-Alienware helmet (cosmetic) from Alienware promo.

04.) And the favorite of most, Holiday Updates. These are free as well, obviously. To explain this, these are free updates that usually include one new permanent map for KF (that's loosely based off the holiday theme), all of the enemies get new skins/some get new sounds that are thematic for the holiday (in KF1 as an example for the Christmas event, Clots get dressed like elves, the Gorefests become gingerbread men, the Crawlers became dressed up like reindeer, Fleshpound became a Nutcracker, etc.) that all enemies on all maps will be while the holiday event is going on (usually 2-3 weeks), and often something new was also added to the game (in KF1 and assuming KF2 as well), IE new weapons, new costumes, etc. Usually it'd be 1-3 new weapons for the classes and one new costume. Also new achievements get added, and there'd be a holiday challenge if you can do a certain percentage of the new holiday achievements before the holiday event was over you'd get some timed exclusive reward costume (like a Santa outfit for Christmas, Grim Reaper costume for Halloween, that sort of thing, which would only be available for a limited time during that event). Also new music usually got added to KF1 for the season, which would play during the event on maps (and play after the event on the new released holiday map).

The holidays that Killing Floor 1 celebrated:
-Twisted Christmas
-Halloween Event
-Sideshow Summer
-April Fools

Christmas was celebrated every year under 'Twisted Christmas' and was consistent. Halloween was celebrated every year from 2011 onwards, though the theme of the Halloween event would differ (it first was "Sideshow Amusement Park" themed, but later that sloy got taken by Summer so they made Halloween Hillbilly themed), Summer & April Fool's are on and off holiday things not celebrated every year and kind of alternated with each other which would be celebrated. Summer would usually be Sideshow themed, and April Fool's was a grab bag (one year was Portal themed for a crossover around Portal 2's release which added a new Portal-themed map to Killing Floor).

So those generally are the content updates, just new content updates (these will be more frequent for the year or two after release as they add more content to the game more actively), then the 4th updates will take over more afterward if it's like KF1 (where there's three big updates for the game a year around Summer, Halloween, & Christmas time).
Loads of great info! Thanks. Sounds awesome. I'm having a great time on PS4 I just hope the community stays around.

breadtruck

See I thought that was a glitch as well, but turns out if you swipe up on the touch pad it throws money. Essentially making you able to do this:
Make-it-Rain.gif

Throwing dosh has been a staple of Killing Floor for a long, long time. End-of-rounds wins are the best, because you can make it rain in a victory pose

Picked this up out of curiosity. It's pretty fun. Kind of reminds me of doom, just not anywhere near as well thought out with enemy encounters/design

Oh, and the most annoying thing is constantly getting stuck on things in the environment

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Picked this up out of curiosity. It's pretty fun. Kind of reminds me of doom, just not anywhere near as well thought out with enemy encounters/design

That's because Doom is a campaign game and this is an arena game. The encounters/design aren't thought-out at all in KF2 because they're not scripted. I'm not saying that to knock on either Doom or Killing Floor, I just mean the comparison is a bit apples and oranges here.

Conezays

Reinstalled this after getting it at the Early Access launch. Kind of forgot how much I loved this series. Runs great and enjoying the new and custom maps. Any active GAF players?

Kinsei

Banned
Reinstalled this after getting it at the Early Access launch. Kind of forgot how much I loved this series. Runs great and enjoying the new and custom maps. Any active GAF players?

I try and have a few games a night. I think we're already friends on Steam.

Now my teams have been able to take on the bosses on hard. Hitting level 20 commando is helping. LOL. This game has been a ton of fun so far.

Moofers

Just a heads up if you want to get this game or gift it to somebody, the PS4 version is $25 NEW at Gamestop right now.

Personally, I'm still way into this game. I'm bouncing around to other games here and there but this one will be in my rotation for a long time. I'm really hoping they surprise us with a Christmas event this year. I think I heard they won't do those until next year, but has anyone heard anything on this lately? My info is several weeks old.

If you are having issues with lighting/texture flickering with SLI enabled, a dev posted some temp work arounds on the forums.

There are some known issues with SLI that we are hoping to address but in the mean time here are some options to try out if you are set on using SLI for increased performance. These won't address some of the texture flickering issues but should, depending on your machine, prevent the all textures from going black.

First:
Make sure you have Vertical Sync On.

Second:
Make sure if you have Real time Reflections On, that Motion Blur is also set to either Normal or High (if you have one or the other off, the black textures issue will occur.)

Third:
If both of those steps didn't alleviate some of the symptoms, also make sure that Bloom is set to either Low or High.

I can't guarantee this will work for everyone but might give you a better experience with SLI. Disabling SLI and setting the second graphics card to handle PhsyX will still be the best option for the most consistent visual experience. Hope that helps.

Can confirm that turning motion blur back on (I always have it off, personal preference) seems to have resolved most of the flickering/texture issues I've had.

Vertical Sync being on/off doesn't seem to matter though I do run with G-Sync on in NV control panel and the Variable Refresh Rate option enabled in game.

It's not perfect (there is still weird texture/shader issues on the characters in the menu) but it's playable with SLI enabled now.

I will pick this up on PS4 at some point, but right now it's a bit too pricey at £35. Maybe if/when it drops to about half that, or if they release a demo or trial I will give it a shot at a more expensive price.

Baraka in the White House

2-Terms of Kombat
This game is an absolute blast on PS4, sans the occasional MLG guy with a mic.

Is it customary to troll the pre-match countdown by refusing to ready up? So many people seem to do this and they end up getting kicked fairly regularly.

Did they tweak the difficulty at all with the update?(ps4 version). Hard seems harder.

This game is great though. Killing zeds feels extremely satisfying, Gore is glorious, characters are funny, music is awesome. I love hearing machine gun guitar riffs as I mow down zeds.

Killing Floor 2 is 20% off in the PSN US Flash sale for this weekend. That's $32. Still on the fence, mainly because I'm not sure how many people are playing this.

Lum1n3s

Killing Floor 2 is 20% off in the PSN US Flash sale for this weekend. That's $32. Still on the fence, mainly because I'm not sure how many people are playing this.
From what I've experienced a lot of people are playing especially when it comes to Normal and Hard. Have had no problems getting people in Suicidal and Hell on Earth as well.

Mupod

If you are having issues with lighting/texture flickering with SLI enabled, a dev posted some temp work arounds on the forums.

Can confirm that turning motion blur back on (I always have it off, personal preference) seems to have resolved most of the flickering/texture issues I've had.

Vertical Sync being on/off doesn't seem to matter though I do run with G-Sync on in NV control panel and the Variable Refresh Rate option enabled in game.

It's not perfect (there is still weird texture/shader issues on the characters in the menu) but it's playable with SLI enabled now.

I was having some weird SLI issues, but they didn't affect actual gameplay. Only the menus and spectator mode. Considering I was accidentally running the game at 4K and didn't even realize it because the framerate was so good, a little weirdness is worth it.

Got the game today, played a bit for the first time since the beta and BOY THIS IS STILL FUN

I've been slowly trying out new weapons (I mostly just stick to the starter Support shotgun/pistol combo with occasional katana purchase) and the nailgun and crossbow are both pretty great. I like that you can get crossbow ammo back

Is it possible to default mute party members though? Every person who's had a mic is the usual genius loudly talking to his kids in the room (weird you'd play this with what sounds like toddlers, but sure). Any time that shit pops up mid match from someone joining it seems like it's a pain to go through menus and mute, no quick "mute all" option

Top Bottom