• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 - The |OT|

Banned
scoobs said:
Dear God... its beautiful.

mugatu.jpg

BruceLeeRoy, He's so hot right now, BruceLeeRoy

iceatcs

Oh wow, I clicked this thread and I thought I'm in the last old massive thread.

Anyway, I love OP, esp the story part. Finally I can read all once rather go to the site and native each pages.

Great job BLR

Tr4nce

I don't want to sound arrogant but I think GAF is the one gaming forum with the coolest and best official threads :lol

You did it again man. Hell, I will never create an official thread for any game again. Topping this shit is just impossible.

Cat in the Hat said:
I need some clarification on something. So can you play only search and destroy servers or is every server the mixed bag of 5 gametypes?

You can choose individual objectives, or mix and match to your liking.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Tr4nce said:
I don't want to sound arrogant but I think GAF is the one gaming forum with the coolest and best official threads :lol

You did it again man. Hell, I will never create an official thread for any game again. Topping this shit is just impossible.
Yeah,i was thinking on doing the Official KOF XII thread but now i feel a little silly.

So really good customization would rock. Know they said there wouldnt be a lot but with a patch or two. A survival mode where a few numbers of players survive againt a larger number of bots shouldn´t be hard to achieve.

bbyybb

CGI bullshit is the death knell of cinema
Can't wait to play the game, the wife has already pre ordered it so i am all set.

Well i have Fear 2 and RE5 coming as well so it is a good month of gaming ahead of me.

Btw, nice thread.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
am I the only one who didn't play the demo yet ?

Darunia said:
Got my DS3 triggers in the mail this morning. they're perfect.

they are , they are just as good as real triggers ( Dreamcast ,Xbox ) , stupid Games on PS3 that force you to use R2 only for fire now actually playable ( Bioshock , the Darkness..ect ) and you will be better and will get some advantage on MotorStorm and GT5P.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Progmetal said:
Wollan is Norwegian, and we have tonz of snow now. :D Also, amazing thread.
A Viking ? thats awesome.

jorma

is now taking requests
xenorevlis said:
Who is ready for Alba's awesome theme to release? I want it.

Yea, i'm looking forward to it. My (awesome) Heavenly Sword theme needs replacing now i think!

Holy shit at the history/background. Why do they even bother? It's just going to be a shooter where we'll skip all cutscenes and then play online for month :lol

KZObsessed

In my mind it looks like this "KILLZONE 2 - The Official Thread of "TIME TO DIE!"
KlintIndifference.gif

Perfect OP Bruce.(Or Wollan in Bruce's body! :D) There's lots of graphics and shiny stuff but not too much. Lots of easy to read info. Nailed it. Best one.

And I gotz a mention! :D

Desperately want to play the game online now....

Thank you BLR and Wollan. I can't begin to fathom the effort you put forth on our behalf. Much appreciated. And now that it has been sent to the grave, thank you to everyone that kept the Hype thread focused in the face of overwhelming dissention. 2 weeks and 2 days . . . early release please, Sony?!

I would like to two points in the "Classes" section.

First, (in the beta) Riflemen did not get to choose any secondary badges. They have a broader range of weapons and are the only ones who get to use the LMGs, but they could not set up support abilities. Has this been changed?

Second, it was initially stated that the Scout's Spot and Mark ability would reveal the enemy to the Scout and their team. In the beta these details were revealed only to the Scout. Perhaps GG initially wanted the info to be revealed to everyone, but decided that that would unbalance everything as everyone would almost always be revealed on the map . . . Or perhaps they are indicating that because it is a secondary badge it can be used by every other class? Can anyone confirm that the locations are only revealed to the Scout in the final build?

The Spot and Mark ability works by revealing all enemies (even if they are cloaked or disguised) who should be visible on your monitor. These enemies are then marked until either you die or they die. This means that once you have marked them you can track them everywhere they go (even after they leave your field of vision).

FFObsessed said:
I'm referred to as KZ2Obsessed now, FFObsessed is just my maiden name.
Indifferent2.gif

KlintIndifference.gif

*hides head in shame*

Geez - for all your pomp, if you decloak half as many times as you posted in that thread you will be an easy target.:D

DoomGyver

FFObsessed said:
I'm referred to as KZ2Obsessed now, FFObsessed is just my maiden name.
Indifferent2.gif

KlintIndifference.gif

*hides head in shame*
I think you've been spending too much time around kittonwy.

i want to play the game too, i'm so bored.

Musashi Wins!

FLAWLESS VICTOLY!
Wow, nice OP. Get this finished game an early release and we can all get sorted. I'm doubtful it can live up to the official thread now :lol

KZObsessed

Full Recovery said:
I think you've been spending too much time around kittonwy.

i want to play the game too, i'm so bored.

I caught some sort of virus from him when he kept meleeing me in the back of the head
angry.gif

nib95

Banned
Musashi Wins! said:
Wow, nice OP. Get this finished game an early release and we can all get sorted. I'm doubtful it can live up to the official thread now :lol

Oh trust me it will. At least, that's my opinion after having completed the game....4 times lol. It's so strange that I've completed it 4 times, played online god knows how many hours, but am still really looking forward to the retail release so I can do it all over again with the final retail build. I don't think I've completed another fps as many times in such quick succession. Tonnes of re playability here. At least for me.

Truant

I wish all that backstory was in the actual game.

I've been playing for a few hours, and I don't know what the fuck is going on.

DunpealD

Amazing job you did there Bruce and Wollan! I hope we'll be seeing you two online in KILLZONE 2.

btw. duckroll is also in the screenshot with wollan, but they hid it better.

The 27th seems so far away :(

EDIT: Great write up TTP.

Top Bottom