• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killzone 3 4-player co-op confirmed

deejay8595

my posts are "MEH"
CAMPAIGN CO-OP OR BUST!!
CAMPAIGN CO-OP OR BUST!!
CAMPAIGN CO-OP OR BUST!!
CAMPAIGN CO-OP OR BUST!!
CAMPAIGN CO-OP OR BUST!!

Man

Wario64 said:
Wait, what does it mean "standard 2 player stuff?" Is that 2 player coop in the story campaign?
Most likely.
Pretty apparent in the new design choices of KZ3.
1. Your co-op a.i partner is now able to revive you.
2. Levels are far more expansive and roomy (up to ten times).

Man

Psychotext said:
Ugh god no! He's back as your continual (fucking annoying) partner?
Hopefully they have a voice filter so your partner sounds like Rico.
"Hey John, take out the sniper on the roof will you?"
~
"Hey f**face! f**k the f**king f**ker on the roof will ya you c***sucker!"

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
BTW, how was the co-op in Resistance 2? You like level up and shit like a RPG with classes? I wouldn't mind something like that for Killzone 3 4 player co-op

careksims

Please have co-op campaign! I mean there was always someone with me in 2, but the A.I. is so stupid Ugh! I ain't gonna' revive your ass for the umpth-teen time!

Good news to hear!

darkwing

Wario64 said:
BTW, how was the co-op in Resistance 2? You like level up and shit like a RPG with classes? I wouldn't mind something like that for Killzone 3 4 player co-op

yup co-op on R2 was like an MMO :lol

Wario64 said:

Yeah you lvl up each class and unlock items for each.

Resistance 2 Co-op was the best thing about the game. It was worth the purchase alone.

It felt like raiding an instance in an MMO, except it was a shooter.

Strike

Awesome if true. Hopefully we get more details at Gamescom.

~Devil Trigger~ said:
4? But wont the guns tire
hu21aq.gif

NEVER.

Resistance 2 co-op is like having RPG leveling elements without the stats and have levels unlock upgrades and weapons.

It could be expanded on drastically because it didn't have a choice for upgrading. If there is going to be a Resistance 3, step it up Insomniac! Co-op was indeed the best part of that game.

Man said:
Hopefully they have a voice filter so your partner sounds like Rico.
"Hey John, take out the sniper on the roof will you?"
~
"Hey f**face! f**k the f**king f**ker on the roof will ya you c***sucker!"
:lol

darkwing

Darkatomz said:
Soooo do we know if any of these co-op modes are all online only, or will there be split-screen?

don't think we will see split-screen, didn't GG say they didn't want to compromise the graphics?

-DarKaoZ-

Banned
deejay8595 said:
CAMPAIGN CO-OP OR BUST!!
CAMPAIGN CO-OP OR BUST!!
CAMPAIGN CO-OP OR BUST!!
CAMPAIGN CO-OP OR BUST!!
CAMPAIGN CO-OP OR BUST!!

I'm with him, but not in the bust part. :lol

I want Campaign co-op! Make it happen!!!

darkwing said:
don't think we will see split-screen, didn't GG say they didn't want to compromise the graphics?
I still don't understand this logic. They can still push the bar graphically when they have one player on one system. The only time they have to scale the visuals back is when they split the screen. But then each screen is so tiny that it's difficult to even notice a loss of detail. Hell COD and RE5 were able to pull it off pretty well and the last time I checked those games can hold their own against KZ2. Why can't GG do it with KZ?

MNC

Wario64 said:
I liked that. I did alot of the levels as special ops + medic with my sister or nephew. They were fun. Better than the main game >.>

I hope they won't design the main campaign arround coop. It's very hard to make a campaing that is good in both mode. It's always one ot the other. I love the separate 4 player coop though :D

gcubed

the co-op section of R2 was the best thing about the game and was utterly awesome. I put WAYYY more time into that, i ran through the campaign just to get it out of the way. Hope this runs something like that

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
If I had a hat, I would eat it if they actually included local multiplayer. Don't get your hopes up.

Kak.efes

Anything which features a story, or campaign cooperative component will have me intrigued, it's a shame they're so far and few in between. I only ever game with friends.

CosmicGroinPull said:
Wtf was that game called Alpha protocol with ps2 graphics and animation????

some sega shit.

hope the two player coop is campaign and split straight down the middle instead of that bullshit two stepped layout.

also bring back the two player offline multi with bots like killzone 1.

Top Bottom