• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killzone 3 4-player co-op confirmed

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
2p co-op is all I care about, hopefully they didn't waste resources on this... but if it works out then it'll be great.

El-Suave

With all the additional features (3D, Move, now Co-Op), I hope the single player experience won't suffer.

I also hope the "brutal melee" system isn't locked down yet - they need to incorporate some of the moves of the Dutch team from the World Cup finals.

online coop was kinda given, I mean you can already play 32 character matches mixed with bots (including good AI) and players in KZ2, shouldn't be too hard to design some extra scenarios like MW2 or U2 if you already have that tech.

Would also be nice if "to go with the standard 2-player stuff" indeed means 2 player campaign mode. Most levels of KZ2 seemed already perfect for coop play.

I think online is given, but I'm not sure if there will be any splitscreen coop.
Though maybe it will be another by-product from pushing the engine for 3D, bascially "automatically" supporting 2-player splitscreen in 2D mode.

monocromo

El-Suave said:
With all the additional features (3D, Move, now Co-Op), I hope the single player experience won't suffer.

I also hope the "brutal melee" system isn't locked down yet - they need to incorporate some of the moves of the Dutch team from the World Cup finals.

KZObsessed said:
:lol :lol

344te15.jpg

Almost.

KZObsessed said:
This was rumoured before: 25-May-2010

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=248114

Same source of the rumours also mentioned a May release date which turned out wrong and whether they're just regurgitating those old rumours or if they actually know themselves who knows. But it is an official Sony thing so it's probably true. Gonna wait for a real confirmation myself but it seems very likely.

Hopefully we'll get some footage/details at Gamescom.

Wasnt there something about guerrilla making big scale levels for the feeling of more optional routes?

Make it like a multi-path COD:WaW competitive story campaign co-op and its all win.:D

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
darkwing said:
your unfortunate friend takes control of Rico

Damn. I know the rest of you are happy about this, but hearing that I might have to play Rico maKES ME WANNA BREAK SOMETHIN'!

Cool. As long as they keep the server selection/room selection for the competitive MP, I'm down for this. Matchmaking in U2 and other games takes forever.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Hopefully it's Uncharted 2 style. Slightly tweaked single player experiences but for more players.

Massa

Galvanise_ said:
Cool. As long as they keep the server selection/room selection for the competitive MP, I'm down for this. Matchmaking in U2 and other games takes forever.

Finding a server with decent settings takes even longer in KZ2, and that's assuming you can find one.

4P Co op sounds like objective based, hopefully it's like both what Uncharted 2 had and what MW2 had. I enjoy both different types, so mix them please.
2P Co-op sounds like campaign based like Gears. Awesome news.

Now confirm split screen and we're good to go. At least 2P split screen.

TheFatOne said:
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol
Its okay to be sad Lyulf. We know you're terrible :( I promise we'll try and include you!

TheFatOne

CrushDance said:
Its okay to be sad Lyulf. We know you're terrible :( I promise we'll try and include you!

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol I would gladly play against any team you are in easy victory every time.

KZObsessed

Lotan said:
Great, now all I have to do is find 4 friends =/

aww :lol

If only there were some sort of social website where a group of people who all like playing games can discuss and organise playing together... hmm...

:p

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
corkscrewblow said:
If true, pre-order canceled.

I wouldn't cancel my preorder but I would be very disappointed.
Please, Gorilla Games, PLEASE keep the goddamn tanks out of Killzone MP. That is the exact opposite of what I want out of the sequel.

slider

KZObsessed said:

If only there were some sort of social website where a group of people who all like playing games can discuss and organise playing together... hmm...

Heh.

Still, Lotan's point, whether intended or not, kind of applies to me cos I'm too casual a player for anyone to buddy up with me. When I say "casual" I guess I really mean unreliable.

TheFatOne

KZObsessed said:

I know a great site here is the link

http://www.neogaf.com

slider said:
Heh.

Still, Lotan's point, whether intended or not, kind of applies to me cos I'm too casual a player for anyone to buddy up with me. When I say "casual" I guess I really mean unreliable.

There are a lot of people who are like that. It's always good to have a big clan with a good mix of casual and hardcore players. All GAF games in Killzone 2 were extremely fun.

This makes it a little better.

Hopefully they tweak the controls just enough to make it an instabuy. I just need to convince 3 of my mates to buy it though.

Snuggler said:
I wouldn't cancel my preorder but I would be very disappointed.
Please, Gorilla Games, PLEASE keep the goddamn tanks out of Killzone MP. That is the exact opposite of what I want out of the sequel.

But what if we get..........
mechs
? :p

Proelite

4 player Co-op modes are worthless without server listing or matchmaking. Needs to confirm these features asap.

Well this certainly got me hyped, eventhough I kinda dislike Killzone 2. I have tried and tried and TRIED but it just doesn't click with me.

KZObsessed

Full Recovery said:
I owned all you guys at kz2, yes even you ffo. :p

Is that right? :lol

ok yeh it is :p

Hope you'll join us for the clan action this time! We're just gonna have one main clan, splitting into regions was a mistake as most people weren't serious in playing. Tho the inter GAF clan matches were hilarious with all the drama.

Top Bottom