• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killzone 3 4-player co-op confirmed

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Tylahedras said:
Is it too late for me to jump back on the bandwagon now?

Yes. We're full right now but you can have my spot if Gorilla puts vehicles in the multiplayer mode.

rexor0717

So it will hopefully have 4 player online co-op and 2 player local co-op. The one thing I hope for the most is that they keep bots! I still love playing bot games on KZ2.

SaintR

I'll repeat this cause I'm dense (and I know nothing has been stated) but 2 player campaign is being inferred when they say "standard 2 player"...?
I'll take a Gaf confirmation as ironclad btw
I'll

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
I wonder what actor they will have do the intro.
I can't see anyone topping Nate Cox's SONS AND DAUGHTERS OF HELGHAN, THIS MUCH I VOW speech

AFreak

Banned
revolverjgw said:
vy31np.gif

What is this from?

spats

On-console PS3 show FirstPlay has issued a correction regarding this week's Killzone 3 preview.

It reads: "Unfortunately the Killzone 3 preview contains a piece of erroneous information about a four-player co-op mode which isn't present in the game. It was something that had been rumoured that we mistakenly picked up on as fact. Apologies for that, especially to Guerrilla for whom this has been an annoyance."

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=255888

Cancel the stripper guys.

iceatcs

Thanks god. Now let focus more on single game campaign. I never like play with mates but I love against them.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
interest in this game +10000

edit: oh. well.

*unsubscribes

god-damnit.

not that I needed any reason to be even more excited about this game that I am, but I am total sucker for co-op and I am sad to see it go. :(

It did seem very suspect. It took them 5 years to make Killzone 2.....so why would it only take them less than 2 years to make a sequel (and everything that comes with that) as well as implement 4 player coop?

Bungieware said:
It did seem very suspect. It took them 5 years to make Killzone 2.....so why would it only take them less than 2 years to make a sequel (and everything that comes with that) as well as implement 4 player coop?

Well a lot the work has gone into creating the engine...

Bungieware said:

Because it didn't take them 5 years to make KZ2. It took 18 months of full production.

gdt

Bungieware said:

4 player coop that is like the Resistance 2 coop would be so awesome.... was only thing I liked about R2. And keeping a full single player available for 2p is great.

-PXG-

Lagspike_exe said:
4 man co-op sounds like MW2 spec-ops.
Hopefully its this more like that and not like that terrible 8 player "co-op" from Resistance 2.

Edit

guess 4 player is a no then... Oh well

iceatcs said:
Thanks god. Now let focus more on single game campaign. I never like play with mates but I love against them.
There's nothing they can do to save simple player now. They need to add some serious meat to the total package.

Cornbread78

One of the best shooters on the planet just keeps getting better and better! I can't wait another 6-7 months for this game! Just keep is comin' boys, I'll be at midnight launch regardless, LOL.

Edit: Damn...

Cornbread78

-PXG- said:
Hopefully its this more like that and not like that terrible 8 player "co-op" from Resistance 2.

Edit

guess 4 player is a no then... Oh well

I'd liek to disagree, while it was glitchy at times, I had a ton of fun playing the co-opp in R2, seriously, I played manay many hours of that with my kids, wife, friends and clanmates. It was a great break from the competative multiplayer. I just wish they supported it more with some new maps/missions via DLC, but outside of that it was a lot of fun!

R2 might be my favorite online experience this gen. Sure it was grindy as hell and you could suddently be overrun by enemies you just beat thousands of times with ease but it had one thing that other games need to try more often: it was FUN

-PXG-

Cornbread78 said:
I'd liek to disagree, while it was glitchy at times, I had a ton of fun playing the co-opp in R2, seriously, I played manay many hours of that with my kids, wife, friends and clanmates. It was a great break from the competative multiplayer. I just wish they supported it more with some new maps/missions via DLC, but outside of that it was a lot of fun!
For me, there weren't enough classes and not enough mission variety. Plus, all of the big enemies were damage sponges. There wasn't any strategy to killing them, besides having you and your teammates pump em full of lead. It was just too bland, repetitive and boring...

KZObsessed

Thought they were just regurgitating rumours >_<

oh well, no correction on the 2 player co-op so I guess that still seems likely! :p

Cornbread78

-PXG- said:
For me, there weren't enough classes and not enough mission variety. Plus, all of the big enemies were damage sponges. There wasn't any strategy to killing them, besides having you and your teammates pump em full of lead. It was just too bland, repetitive and boring...

That's what I meant about needed more DLC for it, but as far as random gameplay and "fun factor", it was a gem, IMO. Seriously, my wife HATES games (outside of Face Book) and I got her to play this with me and on her own because of it simplicity and fun! She only plays it once in awhile now, but she is still ranked in top 1% in the world for Spec Ops. Insomniac just could have supported it more.

PetriP-TNT said:
R2 might be my favorite online experience this gen. Sure it was grindy as hell and you could suddently be overrun by enemies you just beat thousands of times with ease but it had one thing that other games need to try more often: it was FUN

Yes, EXACTLY!

-PXG- said:

Not much different from the highly repetitive and linear MW2 spec ops crap. R2 was very interesting and more of a seperate game in another game, it did need some more fleshing out and content added to it, but it was far more fun than the generic spec ops stuff.

Full Recovery said:
I owned all you guys at kz2, yes even you ffo. :p

Yeah put me in the " I owned FFO in KZ2 and he never acknowledged it" list as well.

Now I am just imagining a co-op mission with those mech suits with 3 of you friends causing havoc and riping shit out, all dudebro about it.

Rapping Granny said:
Yeah put me in the " I owned FFO in KZ2 and he never acknowledged it" list as well.

Now I am just imagining a co-op mission playing as Helghast being heavies with 3 of you friends causing havoc and riping shit out, all dudebro about it.

Fixed:D

Top Bottom