• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kinda Funny Community Thread | The Fire Rises, Brother!

jon_dojah

Banned
Colin less than $30 away from reaching 40k/mo which would be only around $6,000 less than Kinda Funnys patreon totals.

Unbelievable

His alt-right fans with all that nazi gold

If you look at his subreddit two of the most recent threads are about the "gender wage gap myth" and "women in the workplace and birth rates." So...yeah.

For a subreddit about a political show, they sure seem to like focusing on a certain kind...

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
One could reply with a "joke" that those on the right tend to be older and have real jobs that pay money but carry on.

I wasn't aware only those who leaned toward the right for political views were allowed jobs?

Today I learned, huh?

jviggy43

I wasn't aware only those who leaned toward the right for political views were allowed jobs?

Today I learned, huh?

I'm trying to reconcile that belief, or as that post put it, "joke" with my own being-in-the-world of staunchly liberal and also being financially taken care of. Maybe I'm just a conservative and I don't even know it......

Raonak

Banned
The hypocrisy of Collin lambasting the liberal echochamber of hate,
but completely ignoring the alt-right echochamber of hate, is really saddening...

I'd hoped we might get a conservative youtuber who actually has the balls to discourage the hateful nature of his own fanbase...

Lashley

Wish the Colinities would fuck off from Youtube comments.

"I am Archer, leader of the Colinites"
F51bThs.gif

Today I learned, huh?

It's a complete bullshit stereotype, but I do notice the stereotype being slightly true in my inner circle. My conservative friends are a lot further along financially and independently, and many of my left-leaning friends have poor work ethic, blame the world for their problems, avoid responsibility, and mooch off government assistance that they truly don't need and have every opportunity to use effectively to put themselves in a situation where they can wean themselves off it.

But, that's anecdotal. That's my inner circle, and at most it makes me laugh in an irritated way at the stereotype. I'm heavily left leaning and I own my own business and employ people. Many of the folks I work with in the game industry are very left leaning and work harder than any people I've ever seen with high levels of dedication.

It's like black stereotypes. About half my family is black, and they love everything the stereotype of an inner-city black family would say they would. Un-ironically. Yet the artist I employ is black, and is the polar opposite of those stereotypes.

I don't 100% know where I'm going with this. I guess my point is that these stereotypes and jokes about anything (in this case left-leaning not having jobs) have some anecdotal amount of truth to them. Just enough to make them either funny or some ill-conceived talking point, but ultimately they're complete bullshit.

Lashley

It's a complete bullshit stereotype, but I do notice the stereotype being slightly true in my inner circle. My conservative friends are a lot further along financially and independently, and many of my left-leaning friends have poor work ethic, blame the world for their problems, avoid responsibility, and mooch off government assistance that they truly don't need and have every opportunity to use effectively to put themselves in a situation where they can wean themselves off it.

But, that's anecdotal. That's my inner circle, and at most it makes me laugh in an irritated way at the stereotype. I'm heavily left leaning and I own my own business and employ people. Many of the folks I work with in the game industry are very left leaning and work harder than any people I've ever seen with high levels of dedication.

It's like black stereotypes. About half my family is black, and they love everything the stereotype of an inner-city black family would say they would. Un-ironically. Yet the artist I employ is black, and is the polar opposite of those stereotypes.

I don't 100% know where I'm going with this. I guess my point is that these stereotypes and jokes about anything (in this case left-leaning not having jobs) have some anecdotal amount of truth to them. Just enough to make them either funny or some ill-conceived talking point, but ultimately they're complete bullshit.

Interesting insight tbh, I just found the other guy's post funny since he stated it as if ti were a fact

The hypocrisy of Collin lambasting the liberal echochamber of hate,
but completely ignoring the alt-right echochamber of hate, is really saddening...

I'd hoped we might get a conservative youtuber who actually has the balls to discourage the hateful nature of his own fanbase...

That's not lucrative, though.

No ill will to Colin. I hope he is successful with CLS. But I'm able to watch Kinda Funny stuff again. Even went back to supporting on Patreon.

It sucks how this went down. But I think they will be better off down the line.

ghornett

Neo Member
I have started checking out the Splitscreen podcast that Jason and Kirk from Kotaku do. It has been filling the psily and gamescast void for me. They had a good and fair talk about the Colin situation as well where they compared these content groups to bands. A lot of it clicked for me. Kinda funny is like a band; it's got groupies, h8ers, and now ex band members.
It's ep 71 and the conversation starts around 18:45 btw

I know it would be hard to do because of his day job and all, but man, it would be cool if they did an MLB The Show 17 Let's Play with Hunter Pence (despite no one at Kinda Funny liking baseball, or sports, really, in general).

It would also be fun to have them create a player. If Nick were involved, they'd make the most grotesque looking person imaginable. The return of "Megatron" perhaps!?

_Isaac

The likes are gaining today on today's Morning Show youtube video, and the comments are a bit more positive than normal. :O

Man as someone who understands video production, Colin's gear set up seems very not great, especially considering how much money he is making.

jacobeid

Banned
Looking back now I guess the one thing against my argument was when he started crying and told that Rubin fella that he's his newest friend and defended him more than his oldest friends did.

Crybaby Colin got his feelings hurt after he intentionally and repeatedly attempted (and often times succeeded) to offend groups of people. Are we sure he's not looking at Trump for inspiration?

His success with Patreon is disgusting but so is his fanbase, and anyone who looks can see Colin's true colors. Hil was always right.

jf DOOM

Crybaby Colin got his feelings hurt after he intentionally and repeatedly attempted (and often times succeeded) to offend groups of people. Are we sure he's not looking at Trump for inspiration?

His success with Patreon is disgusting but so is his fanbase, and anyone who looks can see Colin's true colors. Hil was always right.

Why is it disgusting?

I know it would be hard to do because of his day job and all, but man, it would be cool if they did an MLB The Show 17 Let's Play with Hunter Pence (despite no one at Kinda Funny liking baseball, or sports, really, in general).

It would also be fun to have them create a player. If Nick were involved, they'd make the most grotesque looking person imaginable. The return of "Megatron" perhaps!?

I would love that. Nick creating a character for Hunter to play as would be hysterical!

Maximo

It doesn't matter if Colin does not clarify his fanbase to stop.

Alot I wouldn't even consider *Colin Fans* more like recent people that have latched on to *Teach those PC SJWs a lesson!* over the last few weeks even if he said to lay off the most toxic ones wouldn't, be nice if he tried.

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
Both extreme sides of this are completely out of control and they are both what they claim to despise and they don't even know it. The people who went after Colin and tore him apart and piled on him are freaking nuts and now his fans who are relentlessly piling on Kinda Funny are just as crazy.

I sided with Colin in that whole mess, but I gotta be consistent and what I said before still applies. In this case the other way. Like I said before, I hate the mentality today of social media of when someone does something to piss you off, people go from 0 to 60. It's not good enough to disagree, they want to destroy these people's lives. And just one day won't cut it. Let's run them through the mud, piss on them, beat them, douse them with gasoline, light them on fire, put out the fire with more piss, and then repeat over and over. People are freaking vicious man. And for what? Did Colin or Kinda Funny murder babies or torture animals?

When you sit back and think about what all this started over it's so freaking stupid. Imagine how much more productive the world would be if people dedicated all this passion and energy into some good. I mean holy crap, we're weeks removed from this now and people are still assaulting their videos. And knowing how depraved and petty people are in this world, if you think this will end any time soon, think again. People these days hold lifetime grudges. You'd be surprised how many people are sitting at home stewing over this 24/7.

Just a total shitshow for all involved. I hope Colin and Kinda Funny have success. Neither of them are bad people, they just disagree, and while I think Greg and Tim did Colin wrong, I don't think they're bad people and they don't deserve what they are getting. Few do.

jviggy43

Both extreme sides of this are completely out of control and they are both what they claim to despise and they don't even know it. The people who went after Colin and tore him apart and piled on him are freaking nuts and now his fans who are relentlessly piling on Kinda Funny are just as crazy.

I sided with Colin in that whole mess, but I gotta be consistent and what I said before still applies. In this case the other way. Like I said before, I hate the mentality today of social media of when someone does something to piss you off, people go from 0 to 60. It's not good enough to disagree, they want to destroy these people's lives. And just one day won't cut it. Let's run them through the mud, piss on them, beat them, douse them with gasoline, light them on fire, put out the fire with more piss, and then repeat over and over. People are freaking vicious man. And for what? Did Colin or Kinda Funny murder babies or torture animals?

When you sit back and think about what all this started over it's so freaking stupid. Imagine how much more productive the world would be if people dedicated all this passion and energy into some good. I mean holy crap, we're weeks removed from this now and people are still assaulting their videos. And knowing how depraved and petty people are in this world, if you think this will end any time soon, think again. People these days hold lifetime grudges. You'd be surprised how many people are sitting at home stewing over this 24/7.

Just a total shitshow for all involved. I hope Colin and Kinda Funny have success. Neither of them are bad people, they just disagree, and while I think Greg and Tim did Colin wrong, I don't think they're bad people and they don't deserve what they are getting. Few do.
Yes, calling out misogyny is so out of control. Both sides.

On another note that had me question what someone was thinking, that snake game they previewed looks incredibly boring. Like I can't even tell who thats aimed at.

Icolin

Banned

Well said.

sora87

I just don't get these people still commenting on their pics and videos, saying Colin would still be there if they stuck up for him or whatever. What do they expect Greg etc. to do? Colin said stupid shit, not the first time and won't be the last time, then he dug his hole deeper and deeper then played the victim card. If i was the kindafunny guys I would have left it alone too, only so many times you can handle your friend and business partner doing stupid shit like that. Also Colin clearly had this on his mind for a while so it was coming sooner or later I reckon.

I don't know Andy but that video was hilarious. I hope he's on camera. Nice add

Also sad and funny people don't seem to realize he's playing up that stuttery awkwardness as a delivery style. I hope he does reviews like that or something

Top Bottom