• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

King of Fighters XIV Roster Discussion thread. Leaked roster in first post

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Any news on when KOFXIV will be at WNF?

Release the trailer SNK!
(How awesome is to write SNK isntead of SNKP? So awesome!)

Luong....

really-sweating.gif

BioBooster

Neo Member
Although I appreciate the concept, I'm still not sold on Gang.

Seems like a stubbier Kim that borrows moves from the historical Kim moveset.

I was hoping he would be the equivalent to Takuma who's always been distinct enough compared to the rest of the AoF team to make him fun.

Amedo310

Kim's moveset is so different now that, Gang does not bother me at all. It pretty funny to give him Kim's old moves anyway, because I see it as a nod to the old players that rather play old Kim over new Kim. It's about time for Kim-like clones to come in the official Kof games anyway. A new line of korean type character that play alot is welcome to me. Majority of the three scared treasure characters play similar at a basic level, more group of similar character would be nice.

BioBooster

Neo Member
Yeah you may be right. I can appreciate that concept.

Reminds me of the Jae Hoon and Dong Hwan in MoTHW.

That, for the most part was just divvying up the Kim move list between the two.

From the official site:

GANG-IL
Gang-Il is the chairman of the World Tae Kwon Do Federation, and Kim's master as well. His astonishing kicking techniques can break through any opponent guard. Always accompanied with a different woman each time he comes back from his travels, Gang-Il's personality is the complete opposite of Kim's.

lmao

Yeah you may be right. I can appreciate that concept.

Reminds me of the Jae Hoon and Dong Hwan in MoTHW.

That, for the most part was just divvying up the Kim move list between the two.

Gang-il isn't just old Kim btw, he also borrows moves from those two who were distinct from Kim themselves.

Finaika

GANG-IL
Gang-Il is the chairman of the World Tae Kwon Do Federation, and Kim's master as well. His astonishing kicking techniques can break through any opponent guard. Always accompanied with a different woman each time he comes back from his travels, Gang-Il's personality is the complete opposite of Kim's.

Is this really necessary?

TreIII

That's what's in his bio, lol.

I have a feeling that due to this, that Luong won't be back in KOF XV.

Nah. If Luong takes off in popularity, it just means she'll likely get shifted around. Maybe she can join the Women's Team in the next game. Or form another team with Vanessa and a newly resurrected Shermie...

BioBooster

Neo Member
Although I agree completely, wondering if we'll see patterns from previous iterations.

If XI, XIII are an indication, roster choices are likely archetypally checked off the list?

Name / Archetype

Duo lon / Lin
Shen / Yashiro
Leona / Heidern
Mature / Eiji
Aldeheid / Rugal
Nests Kyo / Kyo-Shingo

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
kinda disappointed at the lack of phoenix fire but still good!

yeah, Luong reminds me of Kyoko from Rival Schools too with some added Jhun.

Loona

Pretty sure that Luong means no future Yamazaki T_T

You're saying that after the release of a team trailer featuring Kim and a guy whose moves are heavily based on his. With the kind of differences that exist between them, it seems perfectly possible for Yamazaki and Luong to coexist too.

She can always form a team with Gang Il's former wives/lovers and come back to hunt him down. :p

Team Woman Scorned!
Could be fun if it turned out Mian was one one such lady from his past...

Is there an affair between Luong and Kim?

Why would there be?... There's no such indication, and it'd be a threat to his marriage, public image, and relationship with his master...

Top Bottom