• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

King of Fighters XIV Roster Discussion thread. Leaked roster in first post

qcf x2

Gang is blasian, right? He looks too blasian to not be. Team Kim looks all around sick but I have too much pride to ever use Kim himself.

Loona

Have no idea what she see in Andy, have always been the second most boring KoF character, right after Robert. Dude is just so plain, Mai going after him is the most interesting part of his whole existence.

I figure the effort he puts into mastering her family's techniques and the extent to which he succeeds got her attention. He might have also passed for interestingly exotic when she was at an impressionable age, I guess.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Have no idea what she see in Andy, have always been the second most boring KoF character, right after Robert. Dude is just so plain, Mai going after him is the most interesting part of his whole existence.

Andy must be ripped as f*ck.
You gotta deal with it, she's Andy's girl bro.

lupinko

Gang is blasian, right? He looks too blasian to not be. Team Kim looks all around sick but I have too much pride to ever use Kim himself.

Koreans can get pretty dark too, same with Japanese and Chinese, it's called hanging out in the sun a lot.

BadWolf

36 character build confirmed for E3.

Should apply to WNF as well, the movelist of the English portion of the site has also been updated with the characters from the new build.

People weren't kidding when they said Hein's move names are based on chess.

Koreans can get pretty dark too, same with Japanese and Chinese, it's called hanging out in the sun a lot.

Yup, I've seen a ton of Korean movies and there's nothing unusual about Gang-Il's skin tone.

Kim and Gang-Il are basically Jae Hoon and Dong Hwan.

Guess now we know whom Dong Hwan hung out with more.

Vyse24

When is the Ikari team ?! 😩 the wait is stressful
First week of August. Tommy W./BehemothBear of Shoryuken made a chart to show when what trailer gets put up
original.jpg

Next week is the Villains team. Can't wait to see what kind of fighter Xanadu is.

sibarraz

Banned
I thought that Andy was dull until XIII, then, even though he was still a dull character, they played more his personality of a calm ninja, while giving him more impact on his moveset (His NeoMax is my favorite in the whole game) Also story wise, I liked that he didn't participated in the last 2 tournaments because he wanted to train more (I love his cameo in he 2003 ending)

Robert in the other hand is more dull with each iteration, I think that his peak was 96-98, that was his best design ever

Village

I thought that Andy was dull until XIII, then, even though he was still a dull character, they played more his personality of a calm ninja, while giving him more impact on his moveset (His NeoMax is my favorite in the whole game) Also story wise, I liked that he didn't participated in the last 2 tournaments because he wanted to train more (I love his cameo in he 2003 ending)

Robert in the other hand is more dull with each iteration, I think that his peak was 96-98, that was his best design ever

i think roboert's design nowis his best design.

I have felt kyo is dull and nothing since i first learned about kof

I thought terry bogard was the main guy for the longest then i thought it was k-

, i learned about kyo and became beyond dissapointed.

Kyo's the reason I got into fighting games and anime, so of course I disagree with that.

But when it comes to SNK mains, the person who seemed dull to me was Ryo. But even that quickly changed.

Ok guys! I put my quicky KOF 14 command list website online.... including moves for all 36 characters playable at E3 / that SNK has released so far!

http://the-king-of-fighters-xiv.australian-postcodes.com/

CjpqDQVl.jpg

Please excuse the random-ass domain name for now, i'll have a better place for it in the coming weeks! Check it out on your phones and let me know if there's any bugs.

No promises i'll fix them tho :D ... like i said previously, I made this for my own use (has no ads/monetization etc)... but if others get some use of out of it, that'd be great!

BadWolf

Ok guys! I put my quicky KOF 14 command list website online.... including moves for all 36 characters playable at E3 / that SNK has released so far!

CjpqDQVl.jpg

Please excuse the random-ass domain name for now, i'll have a better place for it in the coming weeks! Check it out on your phones and let me know if there's any bugs.

No promises i'll fix them tho :D ... like i said previously, I made this for my own use (has no ads/monetization etc)... but if others get some use of out of it, that'd be great!

Nice and clean looking, great work!

That's pretty useful, thanks. Site is quite well made.

Amedo310

Thanks :) I should point out, some part of the moves layout is nicked directly from streetfighter.com, so i can't take all the credit! :D

Great job. If possible in the future, would you be interested in adding frame data information on the site? Of course after the game's frame data has been researched by others.

qcf x2

lol, yeah of course. K is an example of that. But Gang's features look black to me, hair included. I'm not trying to make it into a big deal or anything, but if I imagine his skin tone to be that of Andy's, I would think "he's got black features for such a pasty fellow."

I'm hyped for all the upcoming trailers, they're the ones I've been waiting for. Especially South America, Another World and Official Invitation. I do wonder how Angel will be in this game. Presumably she won't have her shadows.

BadWolf

Stuff has popped up from today's Japanese showing, looks like Ryo's damage for 1 meter has been nerfed.

It's now in line with what other characters do with 2-3 EX moves in a combo, instead of hitting for 50%.

CkrNJ-9W0AAOUpd.jpg:orig

Apparently taken from Atlus' official website.

Great stage, feels like a throwback to Mai team's KOF94 stage.

Digging Love Heart already.

Maybe E3 reveal?

Dandy J

Andy/Robert design stuff
I liked Andy's design in 2K2UM, even if it was just regular old Andy with the overhead knockdown into otg kunai. XIII would've been a lot more interesting if his feint was more usable outside of combos.

If you like 98 Robert, his XIV version is basically a modern version of it with a normal fireball. He got his old f+A and f+B back, plus hcb+K. Still, the most coolest Robert might be NGBC with the high/low tiger shots.

The damage Ralf's DM>CDM did also seemed nerfed? That did about the damage I would expect just a raw CDM to do.

I think it's because more of those punches were supposed to hit before the cinematic began. Like, if he has climax cancelled from a galactica phantom, then I bet it would have done the standard 50% plus damage.

BadWolf

I think it's because more of those punches were supposed to hit before the cinematic began. Like, if he has climax cancelled from a galactica phantom, then I bet it would have done the standard 50% plus damage.

Good catch.

Looks like it's a change from XIII where the opponent would fall into the Neomax after the Barebuck Vulcan and the Neomax would still hit for the full number of hits.

Seems like it's a common thing for the various cancels not to let you get the full damage of everything involved whether it's because you have to cancel mid-super or whatever you cancelled into doesn't fully connect.

sibarraz

Banned
SNK is still the master of stage designs, they are really memorable and unique, plus they always follow a certain pattern that doesn't makes them look out of place

shaowebb

Does Meiten mean sleepy or something? That way I can think of him as Sleepy-kun?
Super pumped to see him in action with his sleeping fist aka drowsy boxing. Dude has bedhead and a pillow and I wants me some pillowfighter lol.

Also dat sword on Loveheart holy shit. This character gonna shut down some folks with range like that. Her and the airdash dude both got me intrigued on how they'll affect the meta now that I've seen the range on that sword...course thats only if the sword is a normal and not a special though.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Hoping to see a variety of EX Final-strikes in combos to lead to different situations, Such as Ryo's DP after a HienShipuukyaku for raw damage, and EX Zanretsu Ken for the setup into Ryuuko Ranbu.

Bareback Vulcan can probably be cancelled into an Advanced Cancel Galactica Phantom too and that might be preference in the end, rather than losing blows from the WORLD END GALACTICA PHANTOM *ahem* "Ralf Super Phalanx".

I wanna see so much more of MuiMui's moves and tactics, but I do enjoy what I'm seeing so far.

Anyone notice how many strong standing C's are easily crouchable? Guess we'll need to use CD'd and crouch normals for anyone who crouches at mid screen. Wonder if Chin's Stand C hits Crouch still, since he's so short...

shaowebb

Hoping to see a variety of EX Final-strikes in combos to lead to different situations, Such as Ryo's DP after a HienShipuukyaku for raw damage, and EX Zanretsu Ken for the setup into Ryuuko Ranbu.

Bareback Vulcan can probably be cancelled into an Advanced Cancel Galactica Phantom too and that might be preference in the end, rather than losing blows from the WORLD END GALACTICA PHANTOM *ahem* "Ralf Super Phalanx".

I wanna see so much more of MuiMui's moves and tactics, but I do enjoy what I'm seeing so far.

Anyone notice how many strong standing C's are easily crouchable? Guess we'll need to use CD'd and crouch normals for anyone who crouches at mid screen. Wonder if Chin's Stand C hits Crouch still, since he's so short...

Hmmmm...for that matter is this a thing for Gang IL as well? He's short so I wonder if his stand moves will be things that hit crouchers. It'd make him more threatening for sure. He's obviously not Chin short, but this would be a neat subtle reasoning behind some of his design. We already know he's gonna be hard to chase out with zoning and he's a slower yet stouter hitting Tae Kwon Do dude. Be neat if once he's on you if he couldn't be crouched easily. It'd force more just defend sort of things.

Top Bottom