• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

King of the Hill appreciation thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ridli

Wait, I'm angry and confused! People are saying the last episode aired today, but that there are more episodes? Wikipedia is showing two more episodes to air up until April 26..

I, I thought I had more time!

I loved that truck!

:(

CiSTM

Banned
Is there any new info if this was the last episode ? I know there is punch of written episodes but didn't FOX say only 13 episodes gets aired ?

The following are scripts/screenplays that have not currently been scheduled:

Title Prod. code
"Born Again on the Fourth of July [10]" DABE07
"Uh-oh, Canada [11]" DABE11
"The Boy Can't Help It [12]" DABE12
"When Joseph Met Lori, and Made Out with Her in the Janitor's Closet [13]" DABE15
"Just Another Manic Kahn-Day [14]" DABE16
"Serves Me Right for Giving General George S. Patton the Bathroom Key [15]" DABE??
"Bad News Bill [16]" DABE??
"Bill Gathers Moss [17]" DABE??
"Manger Baby Einstein [18]" DABE??
"To Sirloin With Love" DABE??

And I'm under impression that these episodes won't be aired. Don't know if it's 100% true but that's all I know.

EDIT: Some sources says there will be at least two more episodes in may. But I can't finda any hard info about that.

For now, the trades are reporting that the show's staff was notified on Thursday that this latest batch of episodes will be the show's last.

But what does that actually mean? "King of the Hill" is currently airing episodes from its 12th production cycle. In April, the network ordered a 13-episode 13th season for a spring 2009 premiere. That means it's likely that "King of the Hill" could run for nearly a year after its cancellation.

Do we now assume there is another 13 episodes to go ?

Alphahawk

Dale: You know what Ford stands for don't you? Fix it again Tony.
Hank: Dale! That's Fiat.

Peggy: You've hated magicians ever since David Copperfield made the Statue of Liberty dissapear
Hank: Yeah, and shame on him too.

: Nancys interviewing John Redcorn:
Nancy: So you know any fun hotspots around town
John Redcorn: Remember when we found your hotspot
:The Hill familys watching the report on TV:
Hank: Bobby! Room now.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
CiSTM said:
Is there any new info if this was the last episode ? I know there is punch of written episodes but didn't FOX say only 13 episodes gets aired ?

The following are scripts/screenplays that have not currently been scheduled:

Title Prod. code
"Born Again on the Fourth of July [10]" DABE07
2n8vfrm.jpg

http://www.foxflash.com/div.php/main/page?aID=1z4&mo=4&d=19

:D

pinkbunny said:
There's a good majority of people that make a face when you mention KOTH. They approach the show wrong, you have to go in with an open mind. You can't expect rapid fire humor because that's how the Simpsons is.

Random question, Do any KOTH fans here find American Dad much more satisfying than Family Guy?

I like American Dad a lot more simply because its humor is based on the traditional techniques of characterization and a rough plot rather than random nostalgia and pop culture references which Family Guy is tied to almost completely.

Gig

One man's junk is another man's treasure
I am the Mac Daddy of Heimlich County, I play it straight up y'all!!

I never found this show super funny -- save a few episodes, like the purse one -- but I was always open to watch it, which is saying a lot knowing the amount of tv I watch (not much). It was definitely enjoyable, and never seemed like it was trying to force comedy out of it (aka simpsons)

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
So decided crack open season 4 and what do you know...One of my favorite episodes! Kahn Jr gets her period :lol The dialog in this is just too much

Peggy: OMG 8A? We've been married 20 years and I haven't been able to get you past 5.

Hank: A time every month...
Bobby: Even mom?
Hank: If we're going get through this, your going have to stop asking questions

*Connie starts to cry*
Kahn: Shes doing it again!

Hank: A Woman has this time of month were she gets very angry...at everything...and usually men are the everything

Min: throw Frisbee, were it lands, that is where we will make crazy love
Kahn: I am bad boy of system analyst

*Peggy hits the Trash can with her car after the police inform her about Connie's special time*
Dale: She didn't even get to see her first day
*Dent in can pops back up*
Dale: SHE LIVES!

Hank: I did call everyone, even my mom who I hung up on. She is such a nice woman too

*Trash truck takes away dale's can and Boomhauer chases it down*
Bill: Everything I love is taken from me
Dale: She was mine though >_<

I LOVE THIS SHOW :lol :lol :lol

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Oh man, I had to bump this thread. Right now on Adult Swim, they just finished airing the Thanksgiving episode where Hank and everyone else are trying to get flights to their respective destinations, but through a series of unfortunate events, they can't. Anyway, I had completely forgotten about this episode. It's honestly also one of my top favorites. I love the way Hank decides to get off the bus with Peggy and Bobby and let the other family in (since Hank had lied to them that there was nothing happening when there was a bus taking them to the next available airport of the next available flight) and decide to stay in the airport to wait out the next flight. I loved the way everyone from Dale, Kahn, Boomhauer, Bill, and the rest of them gathered up and shared their food/snacks to celebrate Thanksgiving together despite their problems. :D

I wish they would finally release the rest of the seasons on DVD. Hell, I'd even buy a "complete series" set and give away my current dvds to friends and family.

Marvie_3

Banned
Jason's Ultimatum said:
Bumping this thread because AS will be airing a never before seen KotH episode tonight at 10pm EST. :O
Sweet!

Captain N. Tenneal said:
I wish they would finally release the rest of the seasons on DVD. Hell, I'd even buy a "complete series" set and give away my current dvds to friends and family.
Same here. I hate when companies start releasing a series then stop. I'm still waiting on Perfect Strangers seasons 3-7... :\

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Jason's Ultimatum said:
Bumping this thread because AS will be airing a never before seen ON CARTOON NETWORK KotH episode tonight at 10pm EST. :O

fixed

It's no some lost episode, just first time on CN, and they've been doing this the last few weeks.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
DrForester said:
fixed

It's no some lost episode, just first time on CN, and they've been doing this the last few weeks.
Dammit, I wish I saw this before i recorded the damn episode.
I've seen this one, damn you Jason Bourne, damn you.

coldvein

Banned
bumping a very old thread here for more appreciation.

i've been watching king of the hill thoroughly for the first time via netflix.. i'm up to about episode 105 or so. love the show for the most part. but you know.. i really hate peggy hill. it's becoming more apparent that she's just a total dumbass. and i don't see many redeeming qualities. booooooooo peggy hill.

CiSTM

Banned
coldvein said:

i've been watching king of the hill thoroughly for the first time via netflix.. i'm up to about episode 105 or so. love the show for the most part. but you know.. i really hate peggy hill. it's becoming more apparent that she's just a total dumbass. and i don't see many redeeming qualities. booooooooo peggy hill.
Peggy is awesome in her own annoying way :D I especially love how she states well known facts as her own opinions. "Hank, the day after Thanksgiving is, in my opinion, the biggest shopping day of the year."

edit. "...So they asked me to teach German, and I said "nein," which I thought meant yes. But it turns out, "nein" means no. So I blew a big opportunity." :D good peggy moment.

Medalion

Banned
CiSTM said:
Peggy is awesome in her own annoying way :D I especially love how she states well known facts as her opinion. "Hank, the day after Thanksgiving is, in my opinion, the biggest shopping day of the year."
I was getting back into KOTH a few weeks ago... I had no idea so many people genuinely hated the Peggy character

I thought her whole persona was funny based on the fact she thinks she is hot shit but is so damn flawed... her big ugly feet, her bad spanish etc etc

coldvein said:

"My god, are you still talking?"

DarkKyo

King of the Hill is just awesome. Later seasons got kind meh though and I feel like Hank was a really different character by the end of the show(many of the characters changed I guess), but it was still pretty great.

I really like the episode where Hank pranks Dale by hiding his mower and Dale ends up in a tower in the middle of town with everyone thinking he's a crazed sniper.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Even if you dislike Peggy(Which I do), they never once compromised her character. They kept her the same compared to most other shows which would try to rework them something. She worked well with both Hank and Bobby.

Which is funny, since I didn't like Bobby either.

DarkKyo

shintoki said:
Even if you dislike Peggy(Which I do), they never once compromised her character. They kept her the same compared to most other shows which would try to rework them something. She worked well with both Hank and Bobby.

Which is funny, since I didn't like Bobby either.
What?!! This is something I don't often hear from KotH fans.

What I love about Bobby is that he often behaves and speaks like a middle aged woman.

Brilliant show. Anyone who would even consider saying that Family Guy is better than this show is probably wrong about everything in life.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
I liked that mexican soap opera that would come on every now and then...I think it was a priest that was a double agent or something.

Dascu

I really loved the first six seasons of KotH, but some of the earlier episodes of season seven didn't really manage to grab me. Does the show's quality tumble, only to never recover, or is it just a temporary drop? Are there any episodes in the later seasons that are worth watching anyway?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom