• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD ReMIX |OT| Sora is Everyone... in HD

McNum

I spent an hour trying to find out how to progress in Hollow Bastion after the first boss fight there. I totally missed that bright red book lying in the corner of the room in the lirbary.

Well, I'm up to just after
Dragon Maleficent
. That is such a slugging match. So much HP, so much damage. But as they say in another game: "TINKER BELL! I CHOOSE YOU!" It's not so much "Can it hurt me?", it's "Can it hurt me faster than Tink can fix?" Turns out, it could not. Sure made a mess of Donald and Goofy, though.

Next up... THAT fight. Level 47 on Final Mix. Any fighting tips for
Riku II
? I remember this being the hardest story boss by far in the game...

I spent an hour trying to find out how to progress in Hollow Bastion after the first boss fight there. I totally missed that bright red book lying in the corner of the room in the lirbary.

Well, I'm up to just after
Dragon Maleficent
. That is such a slugging match. So much HP, so much damage. But as they say in another game: "TINKER BELL! I CHOOSE YOU!" It's not so much "Can it hurt me?", it's "Can it hurt me faster than Tink can fix?" Turns out, it could not. Sure made a mess of Donald and Goofy, though.

Next up... THAT fight. Level 47 on Final Mix. Any fighting tips for
Riku II
? I remember this being the hardest story boss by far in the game...
Dodge rol, counterattack and high jump+glide are your best friends. Also elixirs if needed. Keep that aero up.

McNum

Dodge rol, counterattack and high jump+glide are your best friends. Also elixirs if needed. Keep that aero up.
So, business as usual, but more focused. I am not liking going into this without Second Chance, but Leaf Bracer should be useful.

One quick question about a specific attack of his...
Dark Aura. I forget if the final blast is in the middle of the area or along the edges. I know it can be dodged by just standing still the right place, and I think it's on the edge...
Is that true?

The mini game entries is the only thing I'm missing in Jiminy journal. Are there mini games that ive missed or do I need to get better scores on the games?

Seda

The mini game entries is the only thing I'm missing in Jiminy journal. Are there mini games that ive missed or do I need to get better scores on the games?

You have to start the vine swinging game at least once. I assume that's the once you're missing.

Hey there, currently fighting/getting slaughtered by Larxene II in CoM. Does anyone have any advice to share? because after barely edging out a win to Riku IV I feel like I need to do some serious grinding to even remain competitive to her, let alone actually kill her - don't actually remember my level, must be late 40's.

I have like 700CP and my next sleight to learn is going to be Zantentsuken/whatever it's called. Heard most people do is just use the Jaffar card and spam Ars Arcanum, I don't have to grind something ridiculous to learn that, right?

So, business as usual, but more focused. I am not liking going into this without Second Chance, but Leaf Bracer should be useful.

One quick question about a specific attack of his...
Dark Aura. I forget if the final blast is in the middle of the area or along the edges. I know it can be dodged by just standing still the right place, and I think it's on the edge...
Is that true?
It's in the center, and spreads to the edges. You should be safe if you keep your distance and watch the waves.

McNum

It's in the center, and spreads to the edges. You should be safe if you keep your distance and watch the waves.
Yup. That worked. I just beat him. What a fight. I had completely forgotten how plain awesome that fight is. I stopped casting Aerora, though. The vulnerable time while casting became a liability and not worth the two Curas it would cost otherwise.

I mean his last lifebar turned into a poking match, to use the fighting game term. I couldn't get anything solid on him, but he couldn't get anything solid on me either.

Wel, I've actually forgoten what to do next... I want to get Oathkeeper soon, but I forget if that's now or in a little bit later. Sora now has 11 MP, but I think I'll let Oathkeeper drop that to 10. Such a nice-looking Keyblade. And if I can beat
Riku-Ansem
on the first try, I don't think there's much this side of a superboss that's a threat now.

Speaking of Superbosses, when does
Mysterious Figure
become available?

Holmes

Y'all can keep using Deep Jungle for White Mushrooms, but I swear by Wonderland. Just got all the Goo's I'll ever need and then some. Four of them spawn and they only cycle between three "moods", so less repeats (on paper, anyway).

Holmes

First ever attempt at Sephiroth, and I... lost. :( Got his HP bar to orange, then he used that spell that brings me to 1HP and no MP, and swiftly attacked me. Seems easy enough to activate Leaf Bracer's invincibility frame for it not to affect me though. He's annoying. Sword has a long reach and he continuously jumps back after hitting me. Annoying.

Seda

Thanks. Also, another quick question, how do I activate the Vines mini-game? You have to talk to Kerchak, but I don't know where he is.

Um, I think there's just a flower (yes, a flower...thing) you have to examine in one of the "Vines" areas in Deep Jungle. I got the trophy shortly after examining it (as it was the last minigame for me)

Psxphile

Playing Reverse/Rebirth in Re:CoM...

Riku's Wonderland deck suuuuuucccccks

Isn't the deck Riku has dependent on the order you take the worlds in? I know enemy strength and room layout is tied to floor, rather than what world you're in... I'm not sure about the deck, though. One thing I recall about Riku's side is that one of the worlds (Neverland?) has a terrible card deck until you use the Enemy card you're given to inverse the numbers and give you the edge.

Let's see: I did the Hades cup up until I got Thundaga, then synth farmed for a bit and beat both Kurt Zisa and Phantom (I had forgotten about the extra Ansem Reports for Final Mix... dat foreshadowing) and then I plowed through EotW (more for the Gales than anything else... oh, and SuperGlide). I'm at Final Rest now but I think I'll head back and finish the rest of Hades Cup.

The Pink Agracus.. Agricicu... MUSHROOM in Deep Jungle can be a little bastard sometimes. It's either very very bad luck on my end or it and its cohorts only show up the once and then never again until you leave the world and return. The two room away method doesn't seem to work, and sometimes even on fresh re-entry they take their time to appear. Oh well, got my Serenity Stones. Shame we'll never be able to get that Prime Cap.

Seda

Isn't the deck Riku has dependent on the order you take the worlds in? I know enemy strength and room layout is tied to floor, rather than what world you're in... I'm not sure about the deck, though.

Oh, I don't know for sure. But all I know it that the Wonderland deck on my playthrough was ... a challenge.

Vashetti

Banned
First ever attempt at Sephiroth, and I... lost. :( Got his HP bar to orange, then he used that spell that brings me to 1HP and no MP, and swiftly attacked me. Seems easy enough to activate Leaf Bracer's invincibility frame for it not to affect me though. He's annoying. Sword has a long reach and he continuously jumps back after hitting me. Annoying.

I went in there at level 54 just for fun and he two-hit me.

Good times.

Holmes

I read a few days ago that a guy was able to get 100 hits on the Pink Agricus in this game. Something about summoning Bambi, then dismissing it when the mushroom appears, then moving your camera and keeping it pointed at your teammates so they don't teleport to you and attack it? I dunno. Seemed like too much work. I think he has a video.

And Sephiroth went down! Didn't even use an elixir...
Level 94.
Apparently you can just hit him when he starts casting that spell and he stops. Hm.

Dobkeratops

OT Hard Carry
I have to do the stupid gummi ship missions to get the plat? ewww

And Sephiroth went down! Didn't even use an elixir...
Level 94.
Apparently you can just hit him when he starts casting that spell and he stops. Hm.

That is the correct way to beat him and part of what makes the fight so satisfying.

Seda

Like I've said a few times in this thread, Superglide + a single quick aerial swing. This is what I've always done. Avoid the spell plus free hits on his HP.

I did Sephiroth and Xemnas last night. Beginner mode, level 100, Ultima Keyblade. I'm surprised the game actually counted my victories as legit because I killed them so fast, haha.

I also did Hades cup solo and time trial. I wanted to say I ended up with something like 7 minute still on the clock for the time trial. It was something ridiculous like that. I have to say, it feels awesome to just mow through enemies. After coming from my completed Proud mode run, it was a nice change of pace, haha.

Joqu

:/

I'm not enjoying Re:CoM at all and I'm saying that as someone who loved the GBA version. What a shame, it's what I was looking forward to the most.

Is there a tactic I could use to break the game or something? I just want to get it over and done with at this point.

Seda

:/

I'm not enjoying Re:CoM at all and I'm saying that as someone who loved the GBA version. What a shame, it's what I was looking forward to the most.

Is there a tactic I could use to break the game or something? I just want to get it over and done with at this point.

Playing on beginner and you can blitz through it. Also: a bunch of sonic blade sleights.

Nice... finally got my Wizard's Relic on my 153rd Wizard defeated. Wonder how much longer it'll take me to get the Defender weapon drop...

Also went ahead and did the math to figure out how many more Power Stones I'd need for the synths I have left. Thankfully it was only four, so I just faced the music and got my Sniperwild farming out of the way. If I did my math right (and I think I did), I never have to try and kill one of those assholes ever again. Blech.

Holmes

Nice... finally got my Wizard's Relic on my 153rd Wizard defeated. Wonder how much longer it'll take me to get the Defender weapon drop...

Also went ahead and did the math to figure out how many more Power Stones I'd need for the synths I have left. Thankfully it was only four, so I just faced the music and got my Sniperwild farming out of the way. If I did my math right (and I think I did), I never have to try and kill one of those assholes ever again. Blech.
You need 5 in total. Someone posted a google docs listing every synth item and how much is needed to synthesize every item once.

You need 5 in total. Someone posted a google docs listing every synth item and how much is needed to synthesize every item once.

Oh, yeah, I know - I'd already synthesized one of the items requiring one of the Power Stones, though, which brought it to four.

Scared me for a second there... :p

Joqu

Playing on beginner and you can blitz through it. Also: a bunch of sonic blade sleights.

Well I'm a few hours in already so I'm not sure if restarting is still worth it. Re:CoM isn't very long is it?

I suppose I'll just get a bunch of sonic blade sleights then, if that'll still work.

Step

Does anyone know where can I drop haste for my gummi? Cid doesn't let me buy haste anymore and I need one more for a mission.

486 Defenders later... I finally got the shield. THAT sucked, blargh. Oh well, at least I gained a few levels in the process, but now I'm pretty overleveled for
Riku II
... level 59. :p

Step

?

I don't really get your problem. You can only put one haste gummi on your ship. Why would you need more?

nvm, I'm a dummy, that's what happened when I lost my mind because of the traverse town mission, I misread that as use X blocks, not use the speed boost 5 times..

Now I feel so embarassed, I'll go to the corner and think about what I did.

Minus the gummi missions, I was able to full-clear Proud in ~45 hours. Decided to try for the 15 hour trophy and Im already at
The End of the World
in 5 hours :| What a difference two levels of difficulty and a bunch of free attribute Up items makes.

Psxphile

?

I don't really get your problem. You can only put one haste gummi on your ship. Why would you need more?

Curious. If you only can ever have one Haste on your ship, why are you allowed to buy 2? I accidentally bought a second one the other day and thought it was peculiar it was even allowed. Though I didn't attempt to place the 2nd one on my current ship to see if you could.

And you changed your avatar back to Vexen. dat nostalgia

McNum

Hollow Bastion locked, Oathkeeper equipped, 99 dalmatians found, Aerith pestered into giving my Curaga, End of the World available on the map. Yup, it's sidequesting time.

So... now what? I apparently need all kinds of Stones for my synthesis stuff, so where do I get those? It's a little odd that I haven't got any at all at this point... which gives me a sneaking suspicion. They only drop from the Final Mix exclusive enemies, don't they?

I'm thinking either the Hades Cup, or just enough End of the World to get Superglide and THEN Hades Cup. Then go stone hunting and try go make Ultima Weapon. Maybe go fight Phantom to get Stopga. It's still the reward for beating it, right? I hope there's a simple and clean way to get those stones that isn't a ton of grinding.

Plasmid

What's the best place to grind for synthesis items? I'm wanting to go for the ultima weapon but dunno where to start.

e:

i'm at the endgame, just wanna get it for tournaments & boss fights.

What's the best place to grind for synthesis items? I'm wanting to go for the ultima weapon but dunno where to start.

e:

i'm at the endgame, just wanna get it for tournaments & boss fights.
Well it depends what items do you need. Different items from different enemies/places and you need to synthesize one of every 30 items before you can access synthesizing Ultima Weapon.

Psxphile

Hm. It was neat and illuminating going Staff for once on this playthrough, but once you get Divine Rose you're pretty much tempted to just go full physical attacks from there on out. Jeez Louise, that keyblade got a ridiculous buff in Final Mix. It completely outranks Oblivion in all but strike length (and doesn't cripple your MP) and you can get it a few scant rooms before finding Oblivion. It doesn't help that for the most part, magic is pretty useless against bosses not called Phantom... although I learned Gravity is decent enough on Behemoths since they're so slow-moving.

Hm. It was neat and illuminating going Staff for once on this playthrough, but once you get Divine Rose you're pretty much tempted to just go full physical attacks from there on out. Jeez Louise, that keyblade got a ridiculous buff in Final Mix. It completely outranks Oblivion in all but strike length (and doesn't cripple your MP) and you can get it a few scant rooms before finding Oblivion. It doesn't help that for the most part, magic is pretty useless against bosses not called Phantom... although I learned Gravity is decent enough on Behemoths since they're so slow-moving.

I do wonder what is the point of Oblivion in FM. It's basically useless.

It's like they forgot it was even there.

Best thing is Oathkeeper rivals it as a melee weapon due to critical strikes and +2 mp. Not to even mention Divine Rose indeed that just outclasses it in almost every way exept range. And range is hardly very important I feel.

I don't remember the stats in vanilla but in that it definately was a viable weapon iirc.

So I've been playing through Re:Com for the first time and I'm to the 5th floor(?) I think. The last two worlds I have left are Wonderland and Agrabah, and I'm definitely regretting not saving Halloween Town for last considering the joke of a boss fight there. Any ideas on what I should be expecting? I've found it really easy so far.

McNum

Oathkeeper amuses me a little.

"Sora, this is my lucky charm, you'd better take REAL good care of it, okay?"
And then Sora puts a chain on it, attaches it to his weapon and uses it in combat. Showing that you probably shouldn't let Sora borrow anything fragile.

It's pretty good in combat for its level, I think. I swapped Lady Luck for Oathkeeper. I lose 1 MP, which does make Ripple Drive a little weaker, but I gain more power on the strikes leading up to Ripple Drive.

So I've been playing through Re:Com for the first time and I'm to the 5th floor(?) I think. The last two worlds I have left are Wonderland and Agrabah, and I'm definitely regretting not saving Halloween Town for last considering the joke of a boss fight there. Any ideas on what I should be expecting? I've found it really easy so far.

Well the hardest bosses are still ahead definately. What difficulty are you playing?

Top Bottom