• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD ReMIX |OT| Sora is Everyone... in HD

I'm making progress in my 100% Proud run. I have 4 more items to synthesize before Ultima Weapon, then I can work on the Hades Cup.

Those Gummi missions are gonna be my final hurdle before I try finishing up the game.

Normal. I heard the Org-XIII members get pretty bad.

Depends. I ain't too well versed in Re:CoM but in CoM few of them definately were. The first last boss
Marluxia
was pretty normal when it came to difficulty but the second ''true'' last boss
Ansem
was fuckin insanely hard at least for me. Like one of if not the hardest non-optional boss in the series but I really have no memory if I was underleveled back in the day. Other hard bosses in the game are considered to be
Vexen 2, Larxene 2 and Riku Replica

Also if memory serves Captain Hook was surprisingly ass in the OG com.

Seda

So I've been playing through Re:Com for the first time and I'm to the 5th floor(?) I think. The last two worlds I have left are Wonderland and Agrabah, and I'm definitely regretting not saving Halloween Town for last considering the joke of a boss fight there. Any ideas on what I should be expecting? I've found it really easy so far.

None of the Disney bosses are difficult in my opinion, and you're still within the first half of Sora's side. Later on
Larxene II and Vexen II and Riku IV can be tricky, all can get Sora locked in a combo. I recommend Sonic Blade sleights, especially for Vexen (fire too of course).

Fun fact: Vexen is hardly considered to be one of the most popular characters (he should be!) but he has the most boss encounters of any organization member in the series if you don't count
KH2 final Xemnas different forms as separate.

Edit: Actually
Xemnas is on par with Vexen cause I forgot DDD!

Done with GTA V for the time being, so I got back to KH last night. Beat
Dragon Maleficent
on my second try. Yeah! It was a matter of finding a good range. I equipped Spellbinder for the increased magic power, and summoned Tinkerbell. Then I just got on her back and kept casting Gravity, or whatever it's called. Sometimes jumping over to her head for a quick combo or three.

Seda

Done with GTA V for the time being, so I got back to KH last night. Beat
Dragon Maleficent
on my second try. Yeah! It was a matter of finding a good range. I equipped Spellbinder for the increased magic power, and summoned Tinkerbell. Then I just got on her back and kept casting Gravity, or whatever it's called. Sometimes jumping over to her head for a quick combo or three.

If you are doing a magic/staff run, go and get Lady Luck right now!

Psxphile

If you are doing a magic/staff run, go and get Lady Luck right now!

Does every "slightly/significantly increases magic and summon power" effect stack? Or does only the best buff have any effect when equipped? Sora + Staff + Lady Luck + 3-4 accessories w/ magic buff + Thundaga = God-King?

Seda

Well, I've been very melee combat-oriented. But I do use magic pretty often. Chose Staff, gave up Sword during the intro.

So what's this Lady Luck, and how do I acquire it?

White Trinity in Wonderland Lotus Forest - kind of odd to get to though (I believe it's in the area you have to go through the painting on the Bizarre Room wall.)

It basically has the same magic as Spellbinder with +3 better attack.

Does every "slightly/significantly increases magic and summon power" effect stack? Or does only the best buff have any effect when equipped? Sora + Staff + Lady Luck + 3-4 accessories w/ magic buff + Thundaga = God-King?

Magic strength is directly related to MP, so yes, if you have MP boosting accessories and Keychain - they booth positively affect how much damage your magic does.

White Trinity in Wonderland Lotus Forest - kind of odd to get to though (I believe it's in there area you have to go through the painting on the Bizarre Room wall.)

It basically has the same magic as Spellbinder with +3 better attack.

Alright, cool. I'll make that my next stop.

Well, I've been very melee combat-oriented. But I do use magic pretty often. Chose Staff, gave up Sword during the intro.

So what's this Lady Luck, and how do I acquire it?
Keyblade that you get in Wonderland with white trinity. It basically has same magic stats as spellbinder but with better strenght.

^^^the magic description means nothing. Its entirely tied to the MP. They just add it cause MP=magic power increases too is kinda cryptic.

Psxphile

Ah, I see. So even MP-raising equips like the EXP Ring can "raise magic and summon power" even without that text being there. I was taking it too literal. More max MP = stronger magic and Ripple Drive. Gotcha.

Vashetti

Banned
Is there any easier way to block other than pressing Square at the right time?

Because I seem to really, really suck at it. It's making Ice Titan almost impossible.

Alright #teamstaff; teach me the secret to your ways.

Im about to hit Monstro, feel like my dps could be better. The benefit of team staff being the end game equipment that bases itself on the mp or something?

Also spells. My first run of KH back 10 years ago was pretty much consisted of aero+cure for magic. What am i missing out on? How do you guys normally integrate offensive spells into your physical attack combos? Also I feel like it is so easy to run out of mana at this stage.

Andrefpvs

Beat Proud mode!

When I realized I could actually summon Tinker Bell during the last parts of the final fight, I knew I'd have no problem with it :)

Holmes

Alright #teamstaff; teach me the secret to your ways.

Im about to hit Monstro, feel like my dps could be better. The benefit of team staff being the end game equipment that bases itself on the mp or something?

Also spells. My first run of KH back 10 years ago was pretty much consisted of aero+cure for magic. What am i missing out on? How do you guys normally integrate offensive spells into your physical attack combos? Also I feel like it is so easy to run out of mana at this stage.
Best to equip Keyblades that increase your MP (and thus magic power) if you're playing with Staff. After Monstro you should have all spells, so go back to Merlin afterwards for the Spellbinder Keyblade. Equip the Ripple Drive (and Stun Impact too) ability since its damage is dependent on your magic power. With Spellbinder, you should have over 10 MP and blasting Fira and Blizarra will do some serious damage. Thundara for crowd control.

Since I'm not planning to platinum Chain of Memories, I'm just playing it on Beginner.

It's still occasionally kind of tricky because it's a game that pretty much requires you to grind if you want a decent deck.

MogCakes

Since I'm not planning to platinum Chain of Memories, I'm just playing it on Beginner.

It's still occasionally kind of tricky because it's a game that pretty much requires you to grind if you want a decent deck.

CoM is much more limiting than KH, yeah. I found it easier to break guards and get hits in than KHFM once I got the hang of it though.

Seda

Huh, while I didn't have any audio issues with KH1, I ran into a lock with Re:CoM (in R/R).

I had left the game stalled on the menu for a few hours prior and I don't know if that lead to problems somehow, but after getting into a battle, the screen turned blue/black with only Riku's HP and Icon showing, music still playing. Button presses aren't doing anything.

3G5OD0U.jpg

Step

Phew, I did all the gummi missions and I actually feel accomplished, gotta love the text in the reward "Now try the gummi missions on: Proud". Well, how about.... NO!

So far what's the best place to level up? I have all the EXP equipment and Ultima Weapon.

Any tricks to getting NeoShadows to spawn? They seem like they are going to be the biggest headache.

Lucky Strike on everyone? They have a 1% droprate.

On the last room before the final boss, if they spawn once and you killed them, go through the other exit, the one where you have to jump and then go up one level, it is very important to do that 2 screens method to reset rare heartless, there is a great place to stop/gravity arts too and I got pretty easy Mystery Goos.

Magnus

So the audio hiccups on kh1 are a known issue? Every few minutes or so the sound will cut out for half a second. Irritating.

I'm also finding it real tough to stay interested in this. It's been since 2004 or 2005 when I played this last. God damn is the dialogue/story ever obtuse. I'm nearly 2 hours in and just into Traverse Town (spent a while dicking around and fighting the FF trio on Destiny). I forgot how much I had to fight the controls and camera in this game....not sure if I'm going to press on with the rest of this.

But man do I ever love the music.

Tagg9

Ugh, finally beat stupid
Riku-Ansem at Hollow Bastian
. What should I do next? Just continue with the main story? Or maybe collect a bunch of stuff?

On the last room before the final boss, if they spawn once and you killed them, go through the other exit, the one where you have to jump and then go up one level, it is very important to do that 2 screens method to reset rare heartless, there is a great place to stop/gravity arts too and I got pretty easy Mystery Goos.

Hmm. I tried to do that but they wouldn't spawn. I'll try again in a moment.

Christopher

Just beat it man is that ending unsatisfying as hell. Kingdom hearts 2 ending actually made me tear I guess you need this ending go appreciate that one

MogCakes

Ugh, finally beat stupid
Riku-Ansem at Hollow Bastian
. What should I do next? Just continue with the main story? Or maybe collect a bunch of stuff?

That'll be cheesecake in comparison once you reach
Platinum Match
. I forgot how hard it is and died in <30 seconds at lv51 today...

sn00zer

That'll be cheesecake in comparison once you reach
Platinum Match
. I forgot how hard it is and died in <30 seconds at lv51 today...

That first time playing the
Platinum battle
is a hilarious gaming moment....i dont think anyone ever survives more than 15seconds....too bad the match in KH2 was not nearly as good and relied almost entirely on triangle press timing

whats the best way to get lucid crystals?

those floating balls arent dropping em to my liking

If you still need help: equip Cheer on all 3 party members, go to the room in Hollow Bastion where the keyhole is located and
you fought with Riku the second time
. Summon Bambi and start killing people as fast as you can. After you have filled his charge bar 3 times he has a chance of dropping Lucid Crystal and every time you fill it after that.

There is a chance of Stealth Soldiers appearing there and that is not what you want so just equip encounter plus and keep doing it so they won't spawn.

Step

Just finished my 100% run, but man, It doesn't matter your age or even if you are prepared, Simple and Clean kicks you so hard it leaves you in the ground and when you think you can finally get up
Kairi finds the paiting

I want to play KHII and BBS so badly, God.

It was also my first time watching the secret ending because I couldn't defeat Sephiroth on vanilla KH, So good.

Andrefpvs

If I'd told myself yesterday, before starting a new game, that I'd be at
The End of The World
with 4 hours and 30 minutes on the clock I wouldn't have believed myself but, alas, here I am.

Speed runs are fun :D

McNum

How long does the first run through the Hades Cup usually take? I remember it being pretty long, and with some tough bosses along the way. Do I have to start over from the beginning if I lose?

Also, going to the End of the Word to get Superglide... good idea to do first or not? I assume there's an exit right after that boss.

How long does the first run through the Hades Cup usually take? I remember it being pretty long, and with some tough bosses along the way. Do I have to start over from the beginning if I lose?

Also, going to the End of the Word to get Superglide... good idea to do first or not? I assume there's an exit right after that boss.

You can choose to continue every 10th match.

And yes you can exit pretty much after doing the boss. It's not like you need Superglide for Hades Cup or anything.

As for how long it takes... 40 mins when low leveled? Not sure really.

McNum

You can choose to continue every 10th match.

And yes you can exit pretty much after doing the boss. It's not like you need Superglide for Hades Cup or anything.

As for how long it takes... 40 mins when low leveled? Not sure really.
I was thinking it took an hour, but then I realized that, it probably DID take an hour when I played it last since that was the PAL version of the original.

Eh, I think I'll run the Hades Cup first, then. I'll get Superglide when the time comes for superbosses. Maybe I'll time it to answer my own question.

Finalow

If I'd told myself yesterday, before starting a new game, that I'd be at
The End of The World
with 4 hours and 30 minutes on the clock I wouldn't have believed myself but, alas, here I am.

Speed runs are fun :D
I always wanted to try a speedrun for this game, is there a good guide or something?

anyway, just finished Neverland. the game is really easy on normal, maybe I'm going to have some (but not much, I think) troubles with some bosses on proud difficulty.

- loving the nightmare before christmas world.

DPtheGod

Hey guys, question!

I beat the boss in Wonderland and sealed the keyhole in the door's mouth (lolz), and found out Alice is gone etc and Goofy wanted to return to the Gummi Ship. Cool!

...Except I didn't get my trophy for sealing the Keyhole in Wonderland. Am I missing something here?

Seda

Hey guys, question!

I beat the boss in Wonderland and sealed the keyhole in the door's mouth (lolz), and found out Alice is gone etc and Goofy wanted to return to the Gummi Ship. Cool!

...Except I didn't get my trophy for sealing the Keyhole in Wonderland. Am I missing something here?

Should pop as soon as you board your gummy ship.

Footos22

Do you have to do all the gummi missions for platinum?

They are awful. I've done the 1st second and third for wonderland but font think I can be bothered with the rest.

Finally finished KH1. Such a nice game, and a great HD upgrade.

How long is Chain of Memories? I remember playing the GBA version years ago and it was a decent length if I can remember right. I'm not sure if I have the energy to go straight into it right away if it's a longer game.

Vashetti

Banned
Level 88. Got Save the Queen/King for Donald and Goofy.

Defeated Kurt Zisa. Gonna get to 100 and then try and tackle the other bosses.

Andrefpvs

I always wanted to try a speedrun for this game, is there a good guide or something?

I'm not using a guide at all. I'm just running from all non-mandatory battles, skipping all cutscenes and not going to Atlantica. This is very easy on Beginner mode, especially if you've already played on harder difficulties before and know where to go.

Top Bottom