• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD ReMIX |OT| Sora is Everyone... in HD

Hey guys, maybe you can help me out. So I've decided to try and grind my way to level 100 late game here. I've never done it before in KH, and I just wanna get to it after all these years, but I could use some help. Feel like I'm gonna go nuts grinding here in traverse town, and any way to speed that up would be appreciated.

I want to try and craft that EXP earring, but I don't have the materials. Where could I go to try and farm the materials for the earring? Also, if I can make multiples...do they stack? Like could Sora wear multiples, as well as Donald and Goofy to get more EXP bonuses?

Thanks ^_^

#1 problem right there.

The opponents give enough Exp that you will hit 100 if you keep killing them but some places are better than other.

The best place and fastest way to go it is to kill the Rock Titan over and over again in the Hades Cup.

He gives you 1 tech point per hit and 5200 exp at the end. He is relatively fast to kill if you have around 55 strength. I kill him in about 2 mins and 30 seconds give or take. Your finger will hurt after 4 rounds but he will die quick. Then again my Sora's strength is around the 70s range now lol.

EXP rings aren't worth it imo. By the time you farm the materials needed, you would already be level 100.

Some people would say the Ice Titan with the Tech boost ability but it takes forever to kill the guy so I dislike fighting him.

Yuripaw

Banned
#1 problem right there.

The opponents give enough Exp that you will hit 100 if you keep killing them but some places are better than other.

The best place and fastest way to go it is to kill the Rock Titan over and over again in the Hades Cup.

He gives you 1 tech point per hit and 5200 exp at the end. He is relatively fast to kill if you have around 55 strength. I kill him in about 2 mins and 30 seconds give or take. Your finger will hurt after 4 rounds but he will die quick. Then again my Sora's strength is around the 70s range now lol.

EXP rings aren't worth it imo. By the time you farm the materials needed, you would already be level 100.

Some people would say the Ice Titan with the Tech boost ability but it takes forever to kill the guy so I dislike fighting him.

I don't think I have any of the titan matches unlocked...all I got is Hades and Platinum match. I tried the Hades cup, but died on Cerberus. He seemed much harder than before, killed in barely 2 hits.

I have done quite a bit of leveling since then. Up to lv 63, and I last attempted it in the late 40s I think.

I don't think I have any of the titan matches unlocked...all I got is Hades and Platinum match. I tried the Hades cup, but died on Cerberus. He seemed much harder than before, killed in barely 2 hits.

I have done quite a bit of leveling since then. Up to lv 63, and I last attempted it in the late 40s I think.

Then you are good for the Hades Cup. Just finish the Cup as a team, solo and then the time limit. You will get some nice prizes and then can choose the Rock Titan over and over again.

Footos22

Playing my 100% playthough on beginner using shield first and level up late in the game. with no equipment change yet it's literally impossible to lose to normal bosses/enemies.
Ive not used cure one time and i am just about to go to the last world.
I even tried sephiroth out as i remember him one shotting me on the ps2.
Im only level 50 and i wasnt trying, just letting him hit me to see the rape.
took him about a dozen hits.
my Defense is just insane.

Playing my 100% playthough on beginner using shield first and level up late in the game. with no equipment change yet it's literally impossible to lose to normal bosses/enemies.
Ive not used cure one time and i am just about to go to the last world.
I even tried sephiroth out as i remember him one shotting me on the ps2.
Im only level 50 and i wasnt trying, just letting him hit me to see the rape.
took him about a dozen hits.
my Defense is just insane.

I mean, that's because the game is ridiculously easy on Beginner.

Jeels

So all I have left is Unknown.

How do I avoid his (boss fight move spoiler?)
hp draining move at the end
I get him down to a few hits and then he uses it and I'm done.

Atruvius

So all I have left is Unknown.

How do I avoid his (boss fight move spoiler?)
hp draining move at the end
I get him down to a few hits and then he uses it and I'm done.

If you have leaf bracer maybe you could try casting curaga when he does that move?

Jeels

Even though it is super easy to do, if anyone doesn't want to have to play the game again to get the speedster trophy, here's a trick...

Let your game run past 100 hours. At that point the counter restarts at zero and if you beat the game under 15 hours then it still registers as less than 15. Did this by accident but it works.

Step

I'm almost done with my proud run but are
Riku II, Dragon Maleficent, Ansem
fights way too hard? I'm lv 41 just starting
Hollow Bastion
, what lv should I be before going to kill them? though I know I'll grind a bit just to get counter attack a lv 45.

Jeels

I'm almost done with my proud run but are
Riku II, Dragon Maleficent, Ansem
fights way too hard? I'm lv 41 just starting
Hollow Bastion
, what lv should I be before going to kill them? though I know I'll grind a bit just to get counter attack a lv 45.

I would say
Riku II and Dragon Maleficent
are among the hardest mandatory boss fights in the game. Would recommend you have at least one or the other: leaf bracer or second chance.

Psxphile

Even though it is super easy to do, if anyone doesn't want to have to play the game again to get the speedster trophy, here's a trick...

Let your game run past 100 hours. At that point the counter restarts at zero and if you beat the game under 15 hours then it still registers as less than 15. Did this by accident but it works.

Aha... that's interesting. But how the hell did you rack up over a 100 hours on just one file?

Easier, huh. On average it shouldn't take more than 30 hours to complete the game (not trying to 100%) at a respectable level. Maybe add 5-10 more hours for Proud runs. Which means you'd have to burn 70+ hours of playtime to get the counter to reset. On Beginner <15 hour playtimes are quite doable.

I would say
Riku II and Dragon Maleficent
are among the hardest mandatory boss fights in the game. Would recommend you have at least one or the other: leaf bracer or second chance.

Dragon Maleficent's pretty easy because you've got Tinkerbell. Pretty much anything that lets you use Tinkerbell is easy mode, IMO, except for the Xemnas fight.

Jeels

Aha... that's interesting. But how the hell did you rack up over a 100 hours on just one file?

Easier, huh. On average it shouldn't take more than 30 hours to complete the game (not trying to 100%) at a respectable level. Maybe add 5-10 more hours for Proud runs. Which means you'd have to burn 70+ hours of playtime to get the counter to reset. On Beginner <15 hour playtimes are quite doable.

Well, it was my 100% file, so it includes all syntehsis, getting to 99, minigames, bosses, etc etc everything. Really all of it put together took maybe 60-75 hours, however, I tend to leave my game running a lot of the time when I'm grabbing food or cleaning, or doing my homework/browsing the internet, even once or twice when I went out for the day, so the clock just ran over 100.

So I got a free trophy out of it. :p I'll still have to do an easy/normal playthrough anyway...

Psxphile

Well, it was my 100% file, so it includes all syntehsis, getting to 99, minigames, bosses, etc etc everything. Really all of it put together took maybe 60-75 hours, however, I tend to leave my game running a lot of the time when I'm grabbing food or cleaning, or doing my homework/browsing the internet, even once or twice when I went out for the day, so the clock just ran over 100.

So I got a free trophy out of it. :p I'll still have to do an easy/normal playthrough anyway...

I see. Though aren't you worried you could potentially damage your PS3 leaving it on like that for hours on end?

I'm just shy of 50 hours myself, and on this Normal run I've got everything done except for Donald's Wizard Relic (mostly for the trophy... even after 2 hours of grinding for it those bastard Wizards won't drop it!) and I still have to do the Gummi missions and actually complete the game (I stopped at Final Rest).

Seda

I see. Though aren't you worried you could potentially damage your PS3 leaving it on like that for hours on end?

I have a bad habit of leaving my PS3 or other consoles on as I sleep / go to work.

Nothing has happened yet...

*knocks on wood*.

Jeels

I have a bad habit of leaving my PS3 or other consoles on as I sleep / go to work.

Nothing has happened yet...

*knocks on wood*.

Ya, I haven't been very kind to my PS3 over the years. You are right Psxphile in that now it is very loud and obnoxious (especially with the disc spinning). Just a few more months until the PS4 though so hopefully it can last until then. :p

Risette

A Good Citizen
Leaving your PS3 on is better for it than turning it on and off a lot. Constant on/off makes things like the solder heat up and cool down which reduces their lifespan because it increases the chances of faults forming.

is chain of memories worth it?

im not really liking the idea of dealing with cards

i wanna just watch a playthrough but all of them on youtube have people talking through everything .. hate that

is chain of memories worth it?

im not really liking the idea of dealing with cards

i wanna just watch a playthrough but all of them on youtube have people talking through everything .. hate that

Is it worth it? Maybe.

You could just watch the main story cutscenes if you really don't feel like doing it. Dunno how interesting watching a whole playthru would be considering all Disney worlds are 100% filler.

Christopher

I almost have all the item syenthsis I need no way am I doing the gummi ship missions after that I'm complete

Makes me want 2.5

Also for anyone who argues the merits of trophy's this games trophy system made me appreciate the game so much more getting every nook and cranny

I am so close to 99 and getting Donald's and Goofy's weapons. I just need 5 more levels and to get a few items for synthesis. I thought I was worse off this morning than I am now, but I found out where I could get a few more mythrils instead of having to farm Mystery Good. :D

XJF

Anybody knows where to find all 4 EXP boosting items in KH1?

I think 3 of them you buy them off the Synthesis shop.

I know you get EXP Chain for beating
Unknown
and EXP Ring for the Muddy Path Mini Game in 100 Acre Wood, and the Bracelet and Earring through Item Synth

Nice to finally be able to post. Applied 09/08 just got approved today. That's actually a pretty quick turn around from what i've heard.

Ponn

Banned
So i'm still on my 1st Proud playthrough and i'm at
Hollow Bastion, just beat Riku first time
About level 45 staff/dusk so leveling is getting faster. Should I fight my compulsive completionist nature and just blast through and beat Proud to get to a speedrun/beginner/no equipment change playsthrough making my normal playthrough the complete one? If so should I bother with anything extra to make the final stage/boss on my Proud bearable?

XJF

it kinda seems like chain of memories should have been cutscenes and 358/2 days should have been playable huh?

I can agree with this!

78% trophies on KHFM here. Only need Beginner, Unchanging, Speedster, and Proud.
Doing the first 3 right now, just got to HB. Soooo.... close....

Yuripaw

Banned
Then you are good for the Hades Cup. Just finish the Cup as a team, solo and then the time limit. You will get some nice prizes and then can choose the Rock Titan over and over again.

As soon as you said time limit, I know I was gonna hate trying to do this. I beat Hades Cup with group, and only as Sora...then I tackled the Time Limit mode, and got all the way up to Rock Titan, but only with 3 seconds left. Those fucking enemies that like to go invisible, and teleport! They kill too much time.

XJF

As soon as you said time limit, I know I was gonna hate trying to do this. I beat Hades Cup with group, and only as Sora...then I tackled the Time Limit mode, and got all the way up to Rock Titan, but only with 3 seconds left. Those fucking enemies that like to go invisible, and teleport! They kill too much time.

I read somewhere that there's a glitch to stop the timer on the Hades cup. Not sure if it's still valid for KHFM, but it may be worth looking into

The solution is to kill them with magic really fast and focus fire them as soon as their little flame show is over with.

You need at least 4 minutes for the last 10 rounds. You should be at a high enough level that you can 2-3 shot most Heartless.

Yuripaw

Banned
The solution is to kill them with magic really fast and focus fire them as soon as their little flame show is over with.

You need at least 4 minutes for the last 10 rounds. You should be at a high enough level that you can 2-3 shot most Heartless.

What kind of magic? Fire doesn't seem to do much damage, and I actually had about 4-5 minutes left when I beat Hades....it's just those damn Invisibles, and Magic guys kept moving around and teleporting.

Step

Just finished my proud run and got my platinum. What a great platinum it is, I love the ones like this when you do literally everything there was in the game, I want to play KHII and BBS now but CoM is next : | , I hate that combat system, never got into it on gba nor ps2.

You can call me crazy but Unchanging Armor on beginner was waaaaaaaaaay harder for me than proud haha. I'm a rush player that likes to kill before get killed but my dmg was so low there that the battles took way longer than I'm used too.

What kind of magic? Fire doesn't seem to do much damage, and I actually had about 4-5 minutes left when I beat Hades....it's just those damn Invisibles, and Magic guys kept moving around and teleporting.

You want to kill them using Thundaga. More AOE, also kill Invisibles as fast as possible before they even get a chance to transform.

The Magic guys you shouldn't focus as much as because they are weak as hell. You can kill them last.

Dodge Roll or Glide is fastest way to get to far away opponents.

Quick 3 Questions
How high is your strength with accessories? Which Keyblade? Finally, which mode are you playing on?

Maybe I can help you out based on that info. I'm assuming you are in Proud mode but its better to make sure.

Psxphile

What Thundaga can't touch (Wizards, Angels), Graviga can. If your Magic stat is high enough it can do excellent damage. I beat Hades Cup time limit on Normal (Staff run) with a good 5 minutes left on the clock by abusing Thundaga and Graviga where applicable. Keep Elixir's on hand for when your magic runs low (hopefully MP Rage/Haste and Goofy's MP Gift will stall the need to exhaust your supply until the final rounds). Only the "boss" fights required extensive meleeing since attack magic won't help you much there. You'll burn a lot of time fighting Hades and Cerberus. Not much you can do except make sure you make up for lost time by extinguishing mobs quickly.

I'm being dumb, I didn't know there was a release command to get out of it.

It's too random for my liking. So in return I decide to cheap him out with Strike Raid whenever he tried to do it. Suffice to say, I beat his candy ass! My stats were pretty decent overall (99 health, pretty high defense, Ultima Weapon, Gaia Bangle etc) but used to die from the roulette quite often. It's the only move he has that actually can kill me (unless I don't pay attention). The rest is just a constant damage>MP>cure/aero cycle.

Milennia

2P9wUoo.png

jsW7GZi.png

are any of these yet claimed?

Top Bottom