• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD ReMIX |OT| Sora is Everyone... in HD

I started with my 100% run on normal. Seemed like the smart thing to do at the time lol Clearly not.
Aw man, yeah. I'm just finishing up my 100% beginner run now and all I have a left is a few Gummi ship missions. After that, the only trophy I have left is a normal/final mix play through which really shouldn't be that bad at all.

Psxphile

Good tips? CP>HP most of the time when leveling up but of course there should be a balance.

Agreed. Having more CP means a more versatile deck. HP can always be replenished, but not having enough (high numbered) cards is a burden.

Remember to use enemy cards on every encounter. There is no reason not to and it makes your life much easier.

On Sora's run I always found equipping Enemy Cards to be prohibitively expensive CP-wise, even if you focus your Level-ups on raising CP. I prefer to load up on attack cards and abuse sleights for random mobs. Most boss battles will require a different strategy, though.

Some Enemy cards do have their uses.

Always try to start a sleight with a premium (yellow value) card or a partner card since you can't reload them anyway.

You can reload Premium cards with a Potion/Ether card (but not the first card in the sleight). I think the higher level cards can even reload the first card in Sleight combos (Elixir)?

You can reload Premium cards with a Potion/Ether card (but not the first card in the sleight).
But that's just it. You should use the premium card as a sleight starter since you cannot reload it normally. With normal card you can thus you will lose 2 cards instead of one if you don't use a premium card as the first one. There is no downside for doing so.

So in a sense it is a sort of free sleight if you start with partner card or premium card since you retain all normally reloadable cards.

So with the Beginner playthrough it is recommended to do the no equipment switch, no continue and no level-up trophies.
What are the experiences with this? Cause I can't help but get the feeling that this will be one hell of a playthrough..

So with the Beginner playthrough it is recommended to do the no equipment switch, no continue and no level-up trophies.
What are the experiences with this? Cause I can't help but get the feeling that this will be one hell of a playthrough..

Yes you should do no equip no continue (and speedrun) in Beginner. It is very easy in fact. You should be able to do it in less than 7 hours without really trying. Remember to use all the stat up items you get right from the start.

There is no ''no level-up'' trophy.

I would recommend choosing shield for the no equip change beginner speedrun.

Yes you should do no equip no continue (and speedrun) in Beginner. It is very easy in fact. You should be able to do it in less than 7 hours without really trying. Remember to use all the stat up items you get right from the start.

There is no ''no level-up'' trophy.

I would recommend choosing shield for the no equip change beginner speedrun.

Thanks for the advice! I'll definitely try that
once I defeat Proud's final boss D:

Psxphile

But that's just it. You should use the premium card as a sleight starter since you cannot reload it normally. With normal card you can thus you will lose 2 cards instead of one if you don't use a premium card as the first one. There is no downside for doing so.

So in a sense it is a sort of free sleight if you start with partner card or premium card since you retain all normally reloadable cards.

Oh I know. But the way you ended that sentence with "you can't reload them anyway" made me think you were describing Premiums as well (I see now that wasn't the case). Hence my attempt to clarify.

One thing that I might be 100% wrong about in CoM:

Sometimes I try to start battles with shadow heartless since obviously that would mean faster encounter with less/weaker heartless. I have been starting to get the feeling the battles that I start with other heartless are actually over faster with less spawns ._.

Do you guys have any good tips for CoM?

I have no idea what am I doing, I'm so pissed off because it is third plataform with that game and I just can't understand anything.

Don't play it, is my good tip. The card system isn't for everyone. I played it through on GBA. That was more than enough, I think. Would be down for it if it just removed the card system.

Psxphile

One thing that I might be 100% wrong about in CoM:

Sometimes I try to start battles with shadow heartless since obviously that would mean faster encounter with less/weaker heartless. I have been starting to get the feeling the battles that I start with other heartless are actually over faster with less spawns ._.

It all seems pretty random to me. You only ever see Shadows and the multi-colored flying mages on the field, right? It's not really indicative of what you'll find when battles begin... unless they represent ground/flying or physical/magical based.

Sounds like Pokemon.

Also, am I to understand that you don't clear whole rooms of Heartless before moving on?

Also: hey, it's still the case that each floor/world gives you (or unlocks) new cards when you use a Calm Bounty, right? After I picked up a few Calm Bounties I went back to Traverse Town and used one to make a room but all I got was a Kingdom Key. I distinctly remember being able to grab a unique card there (Lion Heart?). And Gold Cards don't start dropping until the 2nd set of World Cards, right? Used to know all of this by heart, but now... it seems... I've lost my memory.

It all seems pretty random to me. You only ever see Shadows and the multi-colored flying mages on the field, right? It's not really indicative of what you'll find when battles begin... unless they represent ground/flying or physical/magical based.

Sounds like Pokemon.
There are large bodies, gargoyles/wight knights ect.

And no, I never clear whole rooms of heartless.

No idea about new cards tho. I have gotten few new sleights from them tho!

Psxphile

There are large bodies, gargoyles/wight knights ect.

I think I remember Large Bodies... and I *think* they usually meant tougher battles. Or at least it seemed that way.

I have gotten few new sleights from them tho!

Yes. This too. The way I understood it, every floor/world gives up something unique when you use a Calm Bounty. Afterwards, Calm Bounties just give you random cards. I got my first Gravity card from Agrabah's Calm Bounty (2nd floor).

At least, this was all true on the GBA version. I'm not as versed with the PS2/ReMix version.

CoM is a dumb game, the card system is broken. Really all you do is stack high level cards and then the fights become a button mashy breeze. Seriously, it doesn't matter what the card is, just put 7's and up in your deck and you will rarely get card broken by normal enemies. A couple 0's for the bosses and you're good to go.

Some other random tips:

Premium cards aren't worth it because you can't reload them. Just sell them at the Moogle shop and don't make any more of them.

I really only ever use Sleights for magic cards and the like. Always use a friend card first so that it doesn't use up your magic card.

You have to clear rooms first before you look for items. If you hit a box and a card comes out, but an enemy hits you before you can get it, that card is gone. It's a pain in the ass.

To be honest CoM really isn't worth it. Just watch the cutscenes on Youtube if you care.

Step

Thanks for the tips guys I thought it was HP>CP, and I had no idea I lose my first card when using sleights, that was my main problem,

I still don't understand this though:

Remember to use enemy cards on every encounter. There is no reason not to and it makes your life much easier.

Don't play it, is my good tip. The card system isn't for everyone. I played it through on GBA. That was more than enough, I think. Would be down for it if it just removed the card system.

It really isn't for me but deep inside of me there is a little voice that keeps telling me to keep trying to play it.

And about just having 7s+ cards, I never thought about that, is there a reason to have cards with low numbers?

Seda

Some Re:CoM tips:

Early on, Shadow Enemy card can be useful as it increases all card values by one, when you probably have a fair amount of middle-low value cards. I like to keep at least one Enemy Card in my deck and use it at the start of every battle.

Start sleights with friend cards, item cards, or premium cards (if you have those). I usually don't care too much for premium cards because the small decrease in CP requirement isn't worth not being able to reload it. I usually don't have any in my deck and cancel out options to turn a card premium. Item cards disappear after use anyway so might as well sleight them first - also avoids having an item card broken. I actually usually use low value item cards and just sleight them.

As for rooms: if you use a Map card with value 1 on a door, then all the door requirements in the next room will be 2 (+1 higher). If you use a map card with value 8, then requirements in the next room would be 9, etc.

Use roulette rooms to obtain specific map cards if you're looking for a certain type or value.

Each floor has a special card or sleight you can gain out of a 'Bounty' room (room with a chest.) Atlantica has two. Later floors gain a second item after beating the game.

Each floor has a Key to Rewards room. However, these cards wont start showing up until you get the second set of floor cards. You can only hold one Key to Rewards at a time. Be sure to revisit the earlier floors once you are able to visit the Rewards room.

Clear Days before Re:CoM to get access to a few bonus cards.

Sonic Blade sleight is very useful for later bosses, I like to have several of these.

Prioritize CP. An extra heal card is better than some extra total HP.

Save 'Random Joker' cards for large key door requirements.

Set a zero value card to shortcut. Access it with down on the d-pad ti break a boss sleight. Access the reload slot with up on d-pad.

Psxphile

And about just having 7s+ cards, I never thought about that, is there a reason to have cards with low numbers?

Two of the more powerful Sleights (Ars Arcanum and Ragnarok) have very low activation totals (1-6, 7-9 respectively). There may be others, but those are the ones I remember. Ars Arcanum is too easily broken on later floors to be of much use, but Ragnarok proved quite useful (again, on the GBA). It may not be as useful in Re:CoM.

So, I may be overlooking something regarding this but I've run into an odd problem. Ever since I equipped Oathkeeper, Counterattack has stopped working. I made sure it's still equipped, switched back to Olympia and it worked again, but then it stopped again when I changed to Oathkeeper again. Do some skills just not work with certain keyblades?

Step

So, I may be overlooking something regarding this but I've run into an odd problem. Ever since I equipped Oathkeeper, Counterattack has stopped working. I made sure it's still equipped, switched back to Olympia and it worked again, but then it stopped again when I changed to Oathkeeper again. Do some skills just not work with certain keyblades?

That's the "hard to deflect" effect some keyblades have, meaning that you can counterattack most of the enemes attacks or tech them, while with other keyblades you will stumble more often if the enemy is stronger.

if you pick shield or sword and your main dmg input is your keyblade use the olympia while you get divine rose.

EDIT: or at least that is what I understand, I loved Olympia because of its counterattack oportunities, so useful against most of the heartless, like wizards while they are using thunder, it is a
Riku II
pwner. RIP in peace Oblivion.

Psxphile

That's the "hard to deflect" effect some keyblades have, meaning that you can counterattack most of the enemes attacks or tech them, while with other keyblades you will stumble more often if the enemy is stronger.

if you pick shield or sword and your main dmg input is your keyblade use the olympia while you get divine rose.

EDIT: or at least that is what I understand, I loved Olympia because of its counterattack oportunities, so useful against most of the heartless, like wizards while they are using thunder, it is a
Riku II
pwner. RIP in peace Oblivion.

Yes. The "heavier" keyblades make it much easier to do Counterattack when parrying.

Man, that 358/2 Days movie went on forever. Really should have tried breaking it up into 2-3 parts instead of watching the whole thing through.

It got me really interested in trying to replay Birth By Sleep and Dream Drop Distance though. And I totally need a walkthrough for all of the Organization XIII guys. I keep getting them confused.

Highwind

BgxKMny.png

Not using this anymore so it's up for grabs.

Ezi0

Got the Platinum for Final Mix last night. The gummi missions weren't too bad. Glad I never have to do them again.

XJF

Got the Platinum for Final Mix last night. The gummi missions weren't too bad. Glad I never have to do them again.

I didn't find the gummi missions too hard either. Atlantica 3 took me about an hour to do, but that was the most difficult one for me.

Nice. I have one more Gummi mission to do and a Final Mix play through and I'm done. I'm surprised that the Gummi missions haven't been that bad. I know some people were raging at Traverse Town's last mission, but I got it with under 10 tries. *flex* The one I have left is Atlantica's last one. It sounds like a bitch. I'll guess I'll find out tonight.

Ezi0

I didn't find the gummi missions too hard either. Atlantica 3 took me about an hour to do, but that was the most difficult one for me.

I found Atlantica 2 and 3 to be equal in difficulty. Took me about half hour to complete each one. I got really lucky in the 3rd mission though, I was so close to one item that I have no idea how my ship bypassed it.

Nice. I have one more Gummi mission to do and a Final Mix play through and I'm done. I'm surprised that the Gummi missions haven't been that bad. I know some people were raging at Traverse Town's last mission, but I got it with under 10 tries. *flex* The one I have left is Atlantica's last one. It sounds like a bitch. I'll guess I'll find out tonight.

Cool :). The final Traverse Town mission was pretty easy with the Transformation gummi. Good luck with Atlantica 3.

The Roxas part of the game, with the exception of the Dive to the Heart segment and the final day (where he has a kick-ass boss fight with Axel), is tremendously dull and full of terrible minigames.

I hate all this hate for Roxas' part in KH2 :(. That entire opening was fantastic, but I think it really picks up at ~Day 4 or so. It could have probably been a TAD bit shorter, but I thought that entire portion of the game was done very well.....

Then again, I LOVED 358/2 Days' story.

Anyone have any advice on Gummi missions? I'm specifically struggling with Atlantica 2, Deep Jungle 3, Olympus 3 (always manage to not be able to destroy a couple barricades). Also am I wrong or does it not matter where you place the weapons on your Gummi ship, they always seem to shoot from the same place regardless of where you placed them? So far I have just been modifying the original ship you start with, adding on to it.

Mondy

Banned
I've just arrived at Atlantica. First time ever playing Kingdom Hearts. I'm enjoying it so far. The combat can get a bit repetitive and the missions of "go here, collect this, come back" is antiquated and monotonous, but otherwise the story is interesting. It is clear however that being a Disney fan from the '90's renaissance helps the enjoyment factor a lot.

What is the point of the gummi ship sections though? They aren't fun at all and seem like pointless filler.

I hate all this hate for Roxas' part in KH2 :(. That entire opening was fantastic, but I think it really picks up at ~Day 4 or so. It could have probably been a TAD bit shorter, but I thought that entire portion of the game was done very well.....

Then again, I LOVED 358/2 Days' story.

The Twilight Thorn is probably the best-animated boss in the whole series for sure. I do love both boss fights Roxas gets to partake in. But the whole tutorial section feels so lingering and slow.

Should I do the easy/speedster/unchanging armor trophies in one run? Or is that too difficult?

It's probably the best idea, in fact. Do it on Beginner. You'll be surprised at how fast you can speed run the game - you can get to Final Rest in like 7 hours, which gives you plenty of time to level up rapidly if you feel a need to do so in order to finish the final boss fight.

Get the 'don't use Continue' trophy on your speed run too, btw.

Anyone have any advice on Gummi missions? I'm specifically struggling with Atlantica 2, Deep Jungle 3, Olympus 3 (always manage to not be able to destroy a couple barricades). Also am I wrong or does it not matter where you place the weapons on your Gummi ship, they always seem to shoot from the same place regardless of where you placed them? So far I have just been modifying the original ship you start with, adding on to it.
I just finished Atlantica 2 last night. I pulled a trick out of the hat that I didn't think I would ever use. Anyway, I made a gummi ship with 10 thunder gummis as I didn't want to use lasers because they auto target. I arranged them in a donut type shape around the ship. (gummis don't have to be connected to anything if you were wondering) This is because it's easier to gather items with a large ship. Then I started from Olympus Coliseum as it was suggested from a guide I was looking at. This seemed to be a great choice because it was easy to know when obstacles were going to pop up after a few runs. Just figure out when it's safe to shoot and when it's not and you should be fine. Plenty of non-obstacles to shoot so it shouldn't be too bad. The trick that I used was transforming my current ship into a really armored and shielded beast of a ship after I reached the score of 240. This allowed me to stop shooting all together and not worry about getting slammed by enemies. I also used the full life cockpit just in case. I hope this helps!

Should I do the easy/speedster/unchanging armor trophies in one run? Or is that too difficult?
Yes but do it on beginner. That's what I did and it wasn't bad at all. If you follow a speed run guide, you can get to the end of the world in a ridiculously small amount of time.

Edit: Totally beaten.

Psxphile

Got to the second round of world cards in Re:CoM. Key to Rewards cards flying out the wazoo! Sucks that you can't stock more than one at any given time: have to trek back down to earlier floors and use them every time I get a new one. As such, I haven't made much progress in Atlantica (none, really... since the floor progress resets whenever I jump to another floor). Also, the annoying 99 card limit factor is starting to kick in: battles stop dropping door cards when you have the max of 99 in your inventory. In order to guarantee more Key to Rewards cards I have to delete cards and make room. Also thanks to adding new door cards to the PS2 version it's now pretty much impossible to have at least one of every door card (or very close to it) before hitting the max limit.

Thanks to all the new keyblade cards I've unlocked/found/bought I've also pretty much redone my main deck so I'll have room clearing sleights like Fire/Blizzard Raid and Blitz as my initial load, and then a smattering of Sonic Blades on the 1st reload. Battles end so much faster now and enemies can't even fight back thanks to all Sleights having a total card number higher than 9.

So when's the next expo coming up that we're expecting 2.5 to be announced at?

D23 is in about a week and it has a Kingdom Hearts special event. Nomura has talked about wanting to make some sort of announcement there so hopefully it is 2.5 and not something ridicilous.

After that would be Jump Festa in December or just announcement without any event but traditionally all KH games have been announced at an event. (except some of the Final Mix releases just before TGS in magazines and blowout at TGS).

It would certainly be interesting if it is announced at D23. I wonder if it has more to do as a good gesture at the event or SE (and other publishers) starting to care less and less about TGS.

Footos22

I am on Proud ;)

Only reason im not on proud for 100% is i've finished this game a gazillion times. and quite recently on ps2, that and if it had stackable difficulty trophies i would of been on proud straight away also.

Gonna do a normal speedrun and then play proud how ive been playing beginner after.

Finalow

Just the part where he's constantly glowing. I can pretty much survive when he goes berserk without a scratch, but dealing damage is harder with the concern of a low MP bar in the back of my mind :p
I really had no problems at all vs Riku, I didn't even need to learn his pattern or to guard his attacks, not at all. after that SSJ move he just stayed "quiet" for some time so I could finish him off.
to be honest Dragon maleficent was way harder. not an hard boss by any means but the hardest so far.

also I didn't remember these dialogues to be this awful, amazing. xD

Top Bottom