• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD ReMIX |OT| Sora is Everyone... in HD

Its a lot harder I'll tell you that right now. But if you've played Vanilla KH then you should be good. Especially if you played Proud in the original.

There are some differences noted in the OP but I'll spare you the trouble.

1. More heartless and some recolors of bosses.
2. Synthesis is a pain in the ass and takes longer to get Ultima Keyblade
3. 1 more Secret Boss this time around
4. Some abilities have been nerfed such as MP Rage and some costs have been changed.
5. New abilities and a lot more AOE damage
6. Graphics are improved
7. #TeamSword is the best. Always go with Sword for your choice!
8. Some treasures have changed locations or content and trinities cannot be missed.

Thats pretty much it.

It's a lot. In order of difficulty:
Proud >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> US Expert > Standard > US Normal > Beginner

Proud mode sounds pretty challenging, looks like i will be playing that! Much appreciated!

Quick question to all you speed runners: do you ever stop and fight Heartless when it's not obligatory?
Not really. Maybe a few times. If the trophy is all you worry about then don't worry. You have about 7 hours to waste on top of the 7-8 hours it takes to finish the game.

Quick question to all you speed runners: do you ever stop and fight Heartless when it's not obligatory?

Nope, if you need levels and strength to beat people then just use the Tournaments to get exp.

I hit my 40s already thanks to farming Leon and Yuffie. Takes me 2 minutes to beat the both of them with Sonic Blade and some good old Keyblade smackdowns.

It would be easier and faster if I could change to another keyblade and accessories but the unchanging armor trophy makes that illegal lol.

Finalow

to be honest, from what I've read, Proud isn't even hard at all.

I find them pretty easy buy then again they only take a hit or 2 at level 100 on beginner. Don't even have to use stop.
well, duh. with that level 100 and beginner mode there shouldn't be any problem with anything.

or you can just summon mushu and possibly go through 2 cycles of them with no effort at all...
really? I mean they're not going to "see" you with mushu for some reason? Strange. or you just kill them fast enough.

Jeels

Wow, how long has it taken people to Platinum CoM? Just getting through the game + RR in proud mode feels like its taking me longer than KH.

Groof

There's this one Rare Nut in 100 Acre Woods I can't seem to get. I got like 4 of them so I got the AP Up, but there's this one that's closest to the ground I can't get no matter what I do. Is it supposed to be like that?

There's this one Rare Nut in 100 Acre Woods I can't seem to get. I got like 4 of them so I got the AP Up, but there's this one that's closest to the ground I can't get no matter what I do. Is it supposed to be like that?
All rare nuts that are visible can be collected. Owl tells you when you have collected them all after you return them.

@Jeels I dont think anyone here has platinumed CoM.

Groof

All rare nuts that are visible can be collected. Owl tells you when you have collected them all after you return them.

@Jeels I dont think anyone here has platinumed CoM.

Then I guess my game bugged out. I'll head back later and see if I can pick it up.

Even if you can reach it, there might be some action you need to do first to mark it as available. It's dumb, but it happens.

Vashetti

Banned

There's a tree stump by it right?

Stand on the nearby tree stump to raise the other one.

Groof

Man I jumped on every possible tree stump there was. I'll go try it out real quick, see what happens.

Edit: yeah that was exactly it... Now I feel like a busta. Thanks guys

Hystzen

Started on RE:COM

finished Travese eh not bad decided to create Halloween Town for next world gets to Oogie Boogie boss

god so damn dull and annoying at same time think made a mistake doesn't help the whole game feels dull while playing it

I'm doing a normal playthrough, going for 100% on it and I guess I've reached the tedious part.

I've locked Hollow Bastion, beat Hades Cup and soloed it too. I'm missing 4 blue trinities and one torn page and have barely touched synthethisis.

So, what should I do?
- keep doing colosseum to level up? (I chose the late blossomer option at the start)
- start farming synthesis items and these rare staff/shield drops? I tried these snipers with Stopra and got seriously fucked up by the third group. Would Stopga help?
- start going through the 3 optionnal bosses?
- try the 2 remaining cups? (Tried that last one, lasted 30 seconds)
- Gummi ship comedy option (I'm saving that shit for last)

SO GLAD. I finally finished the Gummi Ship missions. I was unaware that Monstro would screw up Atlantica, but I made it thru anyways! I was surprised I managed to do the End of the World's first mission on the first try.

Just need to do Beginner playthrough (no equipment change/speedrun) and a Proud playthrough and it's platinum, baby! I'll go for the Platinum after I beat re:CoM (just reached TT in Sora's Story). I keep rocking sleights for every battle, followed up by Hi-Potion and Mega-Ether cards.

Seda

J1VIQ7H.png

Time to shelve this for a while lol

BHK3

Banned
to be honest, from what I've read, Proud isn't even hard at all.

well, duh. with that level 100 and beginner mode there shouldn't be any problem with anything.

really? I mean they're not going to "see" you with mushu for some reason? Strange. or you just kill them fast enough.

it's incredibly lenient on how they 'see' you. They can spot you but you kill them before their animation finishes and they start locking onto you. Just summon mushu, go around a corner, then run out and hold triangle, rinse repeat.

CRS

I don't even want to think about the time I wasted with this, hah
I wouldn't say time wasted. That plat trophy is worth every minute.

Started playing this again and man, the mouths of human characters during cutscenes weird me out. Other than that, still loving the game.

Grants, Seda.

Woah

I'm not even going to platinum KHFM. Tried some grinding for synth materials a few nights ago and it just wasn't happening. They went way overboard. I have no idea what they were thinking.

Outside of not stacking difficulties, the Platinum for KHFM isn't too bad, actually. There are a few menial tasks to do, but it's not that bad.

Footos22

Got all the weapons last night.

farming for synth items was actually a pretty easy process.
the only item that took a while was the defender shield but as soon as i was done with synthing it dropped on the first set of defenders in the hotel.
Super lucky.

41 hours so far. done the majority of gummi missions. just 5 more worlds level 3's to do.
Then ill move onto diablo 3 before coming back for a proud/ normal speedrun

Already feel burnt out on it now so need a break.

Gun Animal

So I bought this game because of how many people seem to love it, and I thought I hated and regretted purchasing it for awhile. Turns out it's just the opposite of how most games start out really amazing and strong and just get weaker and weaker. I'm near the end now and it's pullin on those heart strings, I don't think I can even wait for 2.5 HD. I think I'm gonna have to track down the rest of the games.

So, to everyone here on Neogaf who hyped this game up so much, thanks. Wouldn't have played it otherwise, glad I did.

Anyone have any idea when 2.5 HD is gonna come out? I'm already dying for it. Also, is it ok to play Dream Drop Distance without having played anything but KH1, CoM and 368/2? I'd like to play them in order but I'm also not sure if I can help myself.

So I bought this game because of how many people seem to love it, and I thought I hated and regretted purchasing it for awhile. Turns out it's just the opposite of how most games start out really amazing and strong and just get weaker and weaker. I'm near the end now and it's pullin on those heart strings, I don't think I can even wait for 2.5 HD. I think I'm gonna have to track down the rest of the games.

So, to everyone here on Neogaf who hyped this game up so much, thanks. Wouldn't have played it otherwise, glad I did.

Anyone have any idea when 2.5 HD is gonna come out? I'm already dying for it. Also, is it ok to play Dream Drop Distance without having played anything but KH1, CoM and 368/2? I'd like to play them in order but I'm also not sure if I can help myself.
Do not play DDD before KH2 and BBS if you care about the story. Hopefully 2.5 is announced this weekend at D23 event in japan. As for release I can only speculate but prolly clpse to the same that 1.5 had this year so japanese release in spring and west release in late summer/fall.

As for tracking down the other games final mix version of 2 is quite a bit better than vanilla so you might want to wait but then again you could double dip if ya want. FM2 has a fan translation (as does BBS FM but it is the least improved of the 3 rereleases. So that is one option but it isnt perfect. Voices are in english tho.

Mendrox

Don't do it. You missed too much and will be confused...very confused. You have to play BBS and KH2 to understand DDD.

I'm doing a normal playthrough, going for 100% on it and I guess I've reached the tedious part.

I've locked Hollow Bastion, beat Hades Cup and soloed it too. I'm missing 4 blue trinities and one torn page and have barely touched synthethisis.

So, what should I do?
- keep doing colosseum to level up? (I chose the late blossomer option at the start)
- start farming synthesis items and these rare staff/shield drops? I tried these snipers with Stopra and got seriously fucked up by the third group. Would Stopga help?
- start going through the 3 optionnal bosses?
- try the 2 remaining cups? (Tried that last one, lasted 30 seconds)
- Gummi ship comedy option (I'm saving that shit for last)
If you soloed Hades, you're way past the synth time. Go get some materials :)

Don't do it. You missed too much and will be confused...very confused. You have to play BBS and KH2 to understand DDD.
That's optimistic. You might not understand DDD even if you play all the games back to back. And this comes from a KH nut.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Ugh, I should get back to this, but Halloween Town is becoming really annoying. First time, after spending about 30-40 minutes playing it (1/2 being "where the hell do I go?"), died & realized I didn't save. 2nd & 3rd time, I played it smarter, but I died suddenly (as in the game never went did the alarm indicating my health was slow), 2nd time being on the 3 kids. & I'm at level 29-ish.

Atruvius

Ugh, I should get back to this, but Halloween Town is becoming really annoying. First time, after spending about 30-40 minutes playing it (1/2 being "where the hell do I go?"), died & realized I didn't save. 2nd & 3rd time, I played it smarter, but I died suddenly (as in the game never went did the alarm indicating my health was slow), 2nd time being on the 3 kids. & I'm at level 29-ish.

Have you completed Atlantica yet? If not I'd suggest completing Atlantica first because it's the easier of the two.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Have you completed Atlantica yet? If not I'd suggest completing Atlantica first because it's the easier of the two.
I was thinking that, but then for some reason, I was thinking that people said to do Halloween Town instead. Guess that was for the speed run.

Gun Animal

Do not play DDD before KH2 and BBS if you care about the story. Hopefully 2.5 is announced this weekend at D23 event in japan. As for release I can only speculate but prolly clpse to the same that 1.5 had this year so japanese release in spring and west release in late summer/fall.

As for tracking down the other games final mix version of 2 is quite a bit better than vanilla so you might want to wait but then again you could double dip if ya want. FM2 has a fan translation (as does BBS FM but it is the least improved of the 3 rereleases. So that is one option but it isnt perfect. Voices are in english tho.

Thanks for the advice guys, I'll at least hold off until I finish CoM and then I'll just pick up KH2 and Re:Coded on amazon and watch BBS on youtube or something, there's no way I'm waiting a whole year. I'm liking this enough that I'm willing to buy a PS2 and PSP just to play the rest.

That's optimistic. You might not understand DDD even if you play all the games back to back. And this comes from a KH nut.

I'm not worried about not understanding it, I understand most of the japanese games that people describe as confusing or hard to follow. I'm more worried about it ruining my enjoyment of KH2, Re:Coded and BBS when I go back to play them, just as playing MGS4 first somewhat ruined my enjoyment of the rest of the series.

Way too low of a level for Halloween Town. You need to be in the 36 range to stand a chance especially on Proud.

As for why the alarm never went on to indicate your health. You sir have been OHKOed by heartlesses. Specifically the black Mushroom's poison or the Mummy Heartlesses which can dish out insane damage with their attacks if you are on Proud and getting hit I believe as the rest are unlikely to kill you.

There is no Second Chance ability until you get to a very high level even for shield users.

Don't be stingy about giving Ethers to Donald so he can cast Cure on you more.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Damn, & I've been playing on Normal. Guess I'll switch over to Atlantica for the time being once I find time to play it again.

I'm not worried about not understanding it, I understand most of the japanese games that people describe as confusing or hard to follow. I'm more worried about it ruining my enjoyment of KH2, Re:Coded and BBS when I go back to play them, just as playing MGS4 first somewhat ruined my enjoyment of the rest of the series.
Me too, it's just that DDD is too much :p

Well, in terms of gameplay, DDD is a hit or miss. If you enjoy doing crazy stunts and almost never touching the ground, it's perfect. But if you like the balance and tightness KH1 has, it will disappoint you.

Thanks for the advice guys, I'll at least hold off until I finish CoM and then I'll just pick up KH2 and Re:Coded on amazon and watch BBS on youtube or something, there's no way I'm waiting a whole year. I'm liking this enough that I'm willing to buy a PS2 and PSP just to play the rest.

Better plan: skip Re:Coded and put that money towards getting a PSP+BBS. Awesome machine and BBS is worthy of being played, unlike Re:Coded that is the most ''skippable'' game in the series.

Also if you haven't watched the Days cutscenes (or played it) in the collection yet I would recommend playing KH2 first.

As for DDD ruining the gameplay enjoyment of KH2 or BBS I wouldn't worry about that too much since the general opinion (and mine!) is that it is the least good of the ''main'' games (KH1, KH2, BBS, DDD).

Gun Animal

Me too, it's just that DDD is too much :p

Well, in terms of gameplay, DDD is a hit or miss. If you enjoy doing crazy stunts and almost never touching the ground, it's perfect. But if you like the balance and tightness KH1 has, it will disappoint you.

it's a good thing I already loathe the combat system (don't worry, it's possible that i just hate the 'game' part of videogames in general) and would be playing it exclusively for the narrative and audiovisual elements. And, you know, dat TWEWY goodness.

Better plan: skip Re:Coded and put that money towards getting a PSP+BBS. Awesome machine and BBS is worthy of being played, unlike Re:Coded that is the most ''skippable'' game in the series. Also if you haven't watched the Days cutscenes (or played it) in the collection yet I would recommend playing KH2 first.

I'm hoping I can get BBS on the Vita PSN store because I'm planning on getting the vita STB when it comes out. As for re:coded, I can already tell that this is a very metal-gear-ish lore-heavy series, so I know I'm gonna want to play everything eventually.

As for DDD ruining the gameplay enjoyment of KH2 or BBS I wouldn't worry about that too much since the general opinion (and mine!) is that it is the least good of the ''main'' games (KH1, KH2, BBS, DDD).

I was more worried about it revealing all the little plot twists of the earlier games. You know, spoilers. Like if early on in DDD Goofy's like "Well, ever since Mickey Mouse was shot to death" and that happened in KH2, that might hurt my enjoyment of KH2, y'know?

RyoonZ

Banned
Finally beaten KH Final Mix on Proud. I played the game long time ago but never get passed Traverse Town, mostly because I played KH 2 first. Proud was pretty easy but it's frustrating to fight
Dragon Maleficent
and the normal heartless "Invisible" at the End of the World. The rest of bosses are pretty easy. Last boss was a joke, it's 4th form was okay.

Tabris

Question - Does CoM easy mode change anything re: endings like FM does?

I beat FM on Final Mix mode, but I hate card systems and just want an easy experience to see the story.

I'm hoping I can get BBS on the Vita PSN store because I'm planning on getting the vita STB when it comes out. As for re:coded, I can already tell that this is a very metal-gear-ish lore-heavy series, so I know I'm gonna want to play everything eventually.
There is no digital version of BBS. People say it's because disney wouldn't allow it, but eh.

I was more worried about it revealing all the little plot twists of the earlier games. You know, spoilers. Like if early on in DDD Goofy's like "Well, ever since Mickey Mouse was shot to death" and that happened in KH2, that might hurt my enjoyment of KH2, y'know?
In that case, stay away from DDD at all costs until you get KH2 and BBS (in that order).

Question - Does CoM easy mode change anything re: endings like FM does?

I beat FM on Final Mix mode, but I hate card systems and just want an easy experience to see the story.
RE:CoM has no secret ending or anything like that. You can play on beginner.

Top Bottom