• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD ReMIX |OT| Sora is Everyone... in HD

CRS

I'm hoping I can get BBS on the Vita PSN store because I'm planning on getting the vita STB when it comes out. As for re:coded, I can already tell that this is a very metal-gear-ish lore-heavy series, so I know I'm gonna want to play everything eventually.
It's not on PSN and I don't expect it to show up anytime soon. I also haven't played it so I'm a bit bummed out and don't want to wait until 2.5.

J1VIQ7H.png

Time to shelve this for a while lol
Wow, I'm impressed. This is something I'm not even going to try to attempt. In fact, I don't think I'm going to play the game at all. I did the tutorial and it just didn't sit well with me. I'll just find a youtube channel that posted all the story elements.

Shahed

I'm probably gonna start this soon. For those who went after the platinum, how'd you go about it? I was thinking this

Finish Proud
Speed Run on Normal
Go for a complete playthrough on Beginner. Just make sure to not change equipment or get a continue until I finish the game. Then i can reload and do whatever.

Sound about right?

I'm probably gonna start this soon. For those who went after the platinum, how'd you go about it? I was thinking this

Finish Proud
Speed Run on Normal
Go for a complete playthrough on Beginner. Just make sure to not change equipment or get a continue until I finish the game. Then i can reload and do whatever.

Sound about right?
Sure, that works. The fastest way to plat anyway. Personally I did everything on proud.

Famassu

There is no digital version of BBS. People say it's because disney wouldn't allow it, but eh.
By the time Birth By Sleep & its Final Mix were released, Square Enix was releasing pretty much everything (new) on PSP digitally, even a two-UMD game like FF Type-0 (some older games are not available for some reasons). Both Dissidias, Tactics Ogre, FFIII, FFIV Complete, FFT:WOTL, 3rd Birthday etc. Yet neither Birth By Sleep on PSP nor Dream Drop Distance on 3DS were released digitally, even though DDD was even released at a time when Nintendo opened their eShop for retail games' DD, so having something as big as a Kingdom Hearts game for the opening could have been big. I don't see a reason why they wouldn't release BBS digitally, except that Disney maybe has something to do with it.

Wow, I'm impressed. This is something I'm not even going to try to attempt. In fact, I don't think I'm going to play the game at all. I did the tutorial and it just didn't sit well with me. I'll just find a youtube channel that posted all the story elements.
Meh, you should really give it a chance. The card combat system opens up a lot once you start getting more cards and it's actually quite fun. Perhaps just look up some efficient deck builds if you can't (be bothered to) come up with them yourself.

I was more worried about it revealing all the little plot twists of the earlier games. You know, spoilers. Like if early on in DDD Goofy's like "Well, ever since Mickey Mouse was shot to death" and that happened in KH2, that might hurt my enjoyment of KH2, y'know?

Not only is DDD less fun than KH2FM and BBS/BBSFM, its story will also be completely fucking incomprehensible if you haven't played *both* of those.

Shahed

Sure, that works. The fastest way to plat anyway. Personally I did everything on proud.

I've already played a bunch of the game on Proud as it is. My sister 'stole' the game from me since I was playing Xillia and then GTA at the time. She got stuck on Proud mode every now and then so i had to help her a few times. Watching her finish it makes me want to play KH2 so bad...

I mean I had been planning a complete Proud playthrough, and combining the other runs on Beginner, but the difficulty trophies not stacking changed that

I'm really hoping the 2.5 HD Remix difficulty trophies do stack (especially since KH2FM has *four* difficulty levels, IIRC).

Yup. BBS too :lol.

Look foreward to playing the game through 4 times with each of the 3 characters and leveling all characters to 100. Tho you can allways go for the good old Exp Walk+rubber band.

I do pity those who play BBS before FM version of KH2. One of my favourite scenes in the game is when
Terras Armor is revealed behind Xehanort and Rage Awakened starts playing. I kinda forgot the whole boss from FM and possible ties to BBS and then it just perfectly hit me why ''Terra'' was still in that place anyhow making it at least semi canon possibility as a boss.

CRS

I'm really hoping the 2.5 HD Remix difficulty trophies do stack (especially since KH2FM has *four* difficulty levels, IIRC).

I can't wait to fight the (KH2: FM spoilers)
Organization XIII Data Replicas and the Mushroom XIII challenges
all over again. I had to level to 99 and farm a ton of Defense/Attack boosts just to get a little more level playing field. I also learned to love Limit Form near the end of the game. Helped me out with so many battles. <3 HP Gain + MP recovery abilities

Meh, you should really give it a chance. The card combat system opens up a lot once you start getting more cards and it's actually quite fun. Perhaps just look up some efficient deck builds if you can't (be bothered to) come up with them yourself.
Yeah, maybe I'll give it a fair shot. If I run into trouble, I'll glance and some guides online or just come here and ask. =)

Seda

If you want to just experience Re:CoM once, might as well play on Beginner. Sora's mode will only take roughly 15 hours at most. Riku's mode can be beaten in an evening.

MoxManiac

Is 2.5 HD remix essentially confirmed or a safe bet at this point? It sounded like Nomura was not commiting to it, instead saying to go buy 1.5 and hopefully it'll happen.

Afrocious

I'm almost tempted to bite the bullet and try out PCSX2 (or whatever the acronym is) to play my KH2FM disc on my pc.

Lovely game and I do want to go back.

I hear there's english text patches for it.

BHK3

Banned

I hope there is at least a trophy for using Exp Zero.

I also want this as a trophy: Beat the hades cup without taking damage. Bronze. Trophy icon is picture of pete laughing. Trophy will be called "HA! This kid, what a sucker!"

I'm almost tempted to bite the bullet and try out PCSX2 (or whatever the acronym is) to play my KH2FM disc on my pc.

Lovely game and I do want to go back.

I hear there's english text patches for it.

There is an english patch for KH2FM and there is also an upcoming english patch for KH1FM as well.

Is 2.5 HD remix essentially confirmed or a safe bet at this point? It sounded like Nomura was not commiting to it, instead saying to go buy 1.5 and hopefully it'll happen.
That was Hashimoto (not surprising coming from him as of course he wants to sell the first collection) who told us that go play the first collection for now.

Some quotes from Nomura:
Do you plan to expand the work to include HD remasters of other titles within the KINGDOM HEARTS series, such as Birth by Sleep, KINGDOM HEARTS II and Re:coded, seen in the credits of KINGDOM HEARTS HD?

Nomura : Of course, we will spend some time working on them before the release of KINGDOM HEARTS III. Unfortunately, there is nothing more I can say on the subject at this time.

By the way, the title was given "1.5". Does a "2.5" exists?

Nomura: I think it would be unnatural if there wasn't a "2.5". (laughs)

The Cloud Service system of the PlayStation 4 will allow players to experience titles originally released on PlayStation 1, 2 and 3. Are there any plans to utilize this system to allow owners of the PS4 to play KINGDOM HEARTS HD?

Nomura : We did not even think about the issue because our priority at the moment is the development of KINGDOM HEARTS III. Additionally, we are working on the next KINGDOM HEARTS HD remaster, which is our second priority. We have nothing planned about it for now.

And before someone takes that last quote wrong: no, of course KH3 doesn't release before 2.5. They just have most of the staff working on it and a smaller team on 2.5.

there is also an upcoming english patch for KH1FM as well

Well that's a timely release :lol

The Cloud Service system of the PlayStation 4 will allow players to experience titles originally released on PlayStation 1, 2 and 3. Are there any plans to utilize this system to allow owners of the PS4 to play KINGDOM HEARTS HD?

Nomura : We did not even think about the issue because our priority at the moment is the development of KINGDOM HEARTS III. Additionally, we are working on the next KINGDOM HEARTS HD remaster, which is our second priority. We have nothing planned about it for no

The answer is no. I can already tell

PS4 port it is then.

I really love what i;ve played of KH series so far. KH1, KH2, 358 days, and chain of memories are all enjoyable. i just wish all the games were on one platform. I want to play birth by sleep and DDD as they seem to flesh out xehanorts character and give us info on what KH3 will be about. I;ve heard Coded it mostly irrelevant?

Footos22

2 more shitty gummi missions left and that's my first playthrough finished. Fuck monstro trolling me :(

Will go play something else then come back for my other 2 playthroughs.

Jeels

J1VIQ7H.png

Time to shelve this for a while lol

How bad was it?

I was going to do it, made it to Atlantica, then for some reason, the game froze on me after a cutscene. Is this common? It was enough to make me drop Re:CoM for now. I'll probably pick back up on it during the holidays.

Famassu

I really love what i;ve played of KH series so far. KH1, KH2, 358 days, and chain of memories are all enjoyable. i just wish all the games were on one platform. I want to play birth by sleep and DDD as they seem to flesh out xehanorts character and give us info on what KH3 will be about. I;ve heard Coded it mostly irrelevant?
Yeah, Coded's only meaning to the overall story is to basically hint at a couple of things coming up in the future as well as explain what reads in the letter Sora & Co get at the end of KHII (and why Mickey sent it). But those are basically things you could just read about from the Interwebs (as in, DDD is about
Sora & Riku taking the Mark of Mastery test to become Keyblade Masters
). That's all there is to it, though ReCoded is actually fun to play, even if it's boring that it recycles the same worlds for the millionth time.

Riku mode, Wonderland. 9 cards, 5 being the highest. A masterpiece of player hating design.

I mean, basically Wonderland is just not about using Riku's Sleights ever, unfortunately. The hard thing is that you also basically have a ridiculously hard time getting into Dark Mode too.

Psxphile

Finished Sora's story in Re:CoM. I like how by the end you have this incredible list of card combos at your disposal but the final two bosses can easily be felled by a deck of 8s and 9s and a few 0s for combo-breaking.

demidar

Playing Re:CoM on Proud Mode, getting my ass kicked because I have shitty Cure cards. Bought 12 Magic booster packs, no Cures.

:(

Groof

Beat Dragon Maleficent and RikuAnsem and they weren't such a big issue, fairly easy I thought.
Then I visit other worlds. God damn I'm getting crushed. Gonna revisit worlds and do some white trinities so I can boost up my levels. Maybe get a few synth items along the way.

Step

Wow it's a whole new game Re:Com now guys, I'm actually doing things (beginner cuz iSuck) but still I'm having fun :O, but let me tell you I'm not enjoying boss battles, I have no problem to cancel their sleights but they are full of 8+ cards and I barely have 1 9 fire :|

EDIT: I have 1 new question though, should I learn new sleights if I can everytime when I lv up?(this is also a question for the Sleight Master trophy) Can I learn all of them by other means than lvling up?

EDIT: I have 1 new question though, should I learn new sleights if I can everytime when I lv up?[/
QUOTE]
Depends. Usually I always do but if you are starving for more CP then you might just want to delay the sleight. I doubt it makes much difference in beginner.

XJF

fuck those sniper wild heartless and whoever made them.

These were the only things I hated in the whole game. I would wait for one to jump up onto the walk-way and I would take it out, but it would take forever. Eventually I found out you can just stand on the ground where they spawn and STOP them immediately. Made the process a lot easier.

These were the only things I hated in the whole game. I would wait for one to jump up onto the walk-way and I would take it out, but it would take forever. Eventually I found out you can just stand on the ground where they spawn and STOP them immediately. Made the process a lot easier.
That's pretty much what I ended up doing. After a few hours of farming, there are only 2 rare enemies I haven't farmed yet but all the other ones weren't so terrible. Pink Agaricus is a bit tedious because you have to look for the white shrooms. By my calculations, the suckiest part will be Dark Matters (I'll need 3 or 4) and thus Mythril. I haven't touched the last dungeon yet so I might just Bambi the fuck out of the end of the world to get these Mythril.

Doing my standard run right now. Finished Beginner in 10 hours. Would have been shorter if not for the Kingdom Keyblade's weak stats and the fact that I can't wear good accessories.

Picked Staff and gave up Shield for this run.

Psxphile

Win 100 Duels, huh? At first I figured I wasn't going to be able to do it because I never got the hang of duels when I last played Re:CoM (just spammed shit and ignored it whenever possible). But now seems I've figured out why the enemies pull out 9s and 8s when my deck is comprised of everything but.

Naturally, it's all the King's fault.

Just beat
Vexen
(barely). Anyway, something I noticed from way back (GBA version): Riku's first set of World Cards after Hallow Bastion are (seemingly) comprised of worlds he had visited at some point in KH1, whether blatantly or secretly. However, if that were indeed what was intended it's odd they forgot Wonderland, since
he was the one who nabbed Alice during Sora's fight with the cards

Close to the end in RR with
Replica in Twilight Town kicking my ass :d

Man
Lexaeus is ridicilously easy. Especially considering he is supposedly one of the strongest Org members. Zexion at least killed me once cause I didn't focus but Lex got like few attacks in and rest of the time he just stands there like an oaf. I remember Lex being quite easy in the original CoM as well so I guess they at least were faithful to the original.

Just watched the 358/2 movie. The game probably has my favorite story of the entire series, and having it detached from that awful grindfest of a game is great.

You really gotta feel for Xion, Roxas and Axel. All they wanted to do be friends, and they basically just get shit on.

I don't think I can do the Riku story in CoM. I finished Sora's, but that game is just so boring and grindy I don't think it's worth it. Maybe I'll throw it on easy and just blow through it.

Seda

I don't think I can do the Riku story in CoM. I finished Sora's, but that game is just so boring and grindy I don't think it's worth it. Maybe I'll throw it on easy and just blow through it.

On beginner you can blitz through it in like 4 hours including cutscenes.

Top Bottom