• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD ReMIX |OT| Sora is Everyone... in HD

Iceblade

Probably next weekend at D23.

D23 is in about a week and it has a Kingdom Hearts special event. Nomura has talked about wanting to make some sort of announcement there so hopefully it is 2.5 and not something ridicilous.

Thanks for answering, duders! My only question would be, having looked at the website for this D23 thingo, why does it have no information about anything coming up? All I've found are references to something back in August.

Thanks for answering, duders! My only question would be, having looked at the website for this D23 thingo, why does it have no information about anything coming up? All I've found are references to something back in August.

That was the american event. The event is held for the first time in Japan next week.

I just hope they confirm next gen version while they are at it instead of potential BBS like troll where they announce it week after western PS3 release.

I just finished Atlantica 2 last night. I pulled a trick out of the hat that I didn't think I would ever use. Anyway, I made a gummi ship with 10 thunder gummis as I didn't want to use lasers because they auto target. I arranged them in a donut type shape around the ship. (gummis don't have to be connected to anything if you were wondering) This is because it's easier to gather items with a large ship. Then I started from Olympus Coliseum as it was suggested from a guide I was looking at. This seemed to be a great choice because it was easy to know when obstacles were going to pop up after a few runs. Just figure out when it's safe to shoot and when it's not and you should be fine. Plenty of non-obstacles to shoot so it shouldn't be too bad. The trick that I used was transforming my current ship into a really armored and shielded beast of a ship after I reached the score of 240. This allowed me to stop shooting all together and not worry about getting slammed by enemies. I also used the full life cockpit just in case. I hope this helps!

Thanks for the advice, that definitely is helpful! Gonna have to try that today after work. I didn't know gummis don't have to be attached to the ship either haha

Iceblade

That was the american event. The event is held for the first time in Japan next week.

I just hope they confirm next gen version while they are at it instead of potential BBS like troll where they announce it week after western PS3 release.

Ah, interesting! Thanks.

On another note, (CoM spoilehs)
MAN is it brutal when Axel lights up Vexen and downs him. No craps given at all. *Finger snap* PHWOOM

Caayn

So I finally got this game.
Homer Simpson: Woohoo
I'm new to the Kingdom hearts series, so I'd like to hear in what order you recommend me to play it. Start with 358/2 days or with Re-chain of memories or just start with the "main-game".

Iceblade

I'm new to the Kingdom hearts series, so I'd like to hear in what order you recommend me to play it. Start with 358/2 days or with Re-chain of memories or just start with the "main-game".

Main game first, definitely. The only time I'd recommend playing the series in chronological story order is if you've already played through all of the games before and want to do it as an experiment (that said, out of the games you mentioned, Days and CoM come after the main game chronologically anyway).

Oh, and have fun! You're in for a wild ride :) Any other questions, let us know.

Main game definately first.

After that Chain of Memories. Check if you like that one but it is quite different from the first game.

And lastly 358/2 days. It isn't a game in this collection, just a bunch of cutscenes and text. Tho personally I'd recommend it even after KH2 as it was intended but eh.

Seda

You want to start with Kingdom Hearts first.

Ideally you'd play Re: Chain of Memories next. However there's some bonus cards in CoM if you watch the Days cutscenes first. Moreso, it probably isn't wise to watch Days before CoM - it makes less sense that way I think. Perhaps you can blitz through Days by skipping the scenes to get the CoM bonuses without watching it.

Iceblade

Ideally you'd play Re: Chain of Memories next. However there's some bonus cards in CoM if you watch the Days cutscenes first. Moreso, it probably isn't wise to watch Days before CoM - it makes less sense that way I think. Perhaps you can blitz through Days by skipping the scenes to get the CoM bonuses without watching it.

What are these cards anyway? And do they just appear in your inventory? Would it be possible to get them if I watched Days and then went through on my second you-know-who playthrough?

What are these cards anyway? And do they just appear in your inventory? Would it be possible to get them if I watched Days and then went through on my second you-know-who playthrough?

You get them from the Room of Rewards. They are the Organization member cards (originally in the US version of Re:CoM and in the japanese one if you had KH2FM save) and few totally new keyblade cards from the original Days game.

It's pretty funny how Re:CoM has been released in different ways in every region. In Japan it was released as a pack-in with KH2FM, in US it was a standalone release and here in EU it was a pack-in with the HD collection.

Caayn

Main game first, definitely. The only time I'd recommend playing the series in chronological story order is if you've already played through all of the games before and want to do it as an experiment (that said, out of the games you mentioned, Days and CoM come after the main game chronologically anyway).

Oh, and have fun! You're in for a wild ride :) Any other questions, let us know.
Main game definately first.

After that Chain of Memories. Check if you like that one but it is quite different from the first game.

And lastly 358/2 days. It isn't a game in this collection, just a bunch of cutscenes and text. Tho personally I'd recommend it even after KH2 as it was intended but eh.

Wow, thanks for the quick response. Glad to hear that all three of you said the same order, so first game it is. I'll try to pop-in here a few more times, just don't expect any gameplay related questions :p I like to playthrough my games without the aid of other or a guide.

And thanks for the cards tip Seda.

Wow, thanks for the quick response. Glad to hear that all three of you said the same order, so first game it is.
If someone didn't say that order you can automatically put him into the looney bin. The only question you need to ask yourself is if you can (or want) to play KH2 before Days but that can be a lil awkward since it isn't included in the collection so whatevers.

Caayn

If someone didn't say that order you can automatically put him into the looney bin. The only question you need to ask yourself is if you can (or want) to play KH2 before Days but that can be a lil awkward since it isn't included in the collection so whatevers.
Going with the Kingdom Hearts -> CoM -> (KH2.5, depending on my patience) -> Days order. I've never owned a PS2 so I can't play KH2. Since Days is just a cut-scene collection, I think I can wait till KH2.5 is released.

Going with the Kingdom Hearts -> CoM -> (KH2.5, depending on my patience) -> Days order. I've never owned a PS2 so I can't play KH2. Since Days is just a cut-scene collection, I think I can wait till KH2.5 is released.

That would be optimal. But first things first, let's see if you even like the series :lol.

I finished all the Gummi missions last night and realized I was still 3 blue prints short. I saw a lot of people online having trouble with getting the Typhoon blue print, but the one that gave me the most trouble was Leviathan. After a couple tries though, all was good.

Just need to finish my final mix play through and then Platinum get!

Iceblade

Hoooolyyyy shiiiiiit
Riku IV
is kicking my assssss in Re:CoM

I found him really easy on Normal with 245 HP and 875 CP. Simply just lock him into a sleight chain, use elixirs, and then rinse and repeat. I also had
Vexen
's card which brought me back to life at one point.

Hoooolyyyy shiiiiiit
Riku IV
is kicking my assssss in Re:CoM

I highly recommend using lethal frame if you have it, it causes a ridiculous amount of damage (like an entire bar). I actually beat him without him even attacking a single time. I did nothing but use sonic blade and lethal frame, with one of those attacks where you throw your keyblade and it stuns him (I forgot what it's called).

Lethal frame is like the best thing ever, I don't understand why more people don't recommend it.

Noi

Managed to beat the Riku II fight in Hollow Bastion a moment ago. 4 attempts total, took me filling up all my item slots with Elixirs to close that fight out. I remember this being by far the biggest hurdle to overcome in a Proud/Unchanging Armor run, so I'm glad that's over with. The sooner I can beat up Ansem and actually use some decent equipment the better.

...Dragon Malecifent took way more tries though because the Strike Raid strategy doesn't work as well due to it being Air OK in FM.

SkylineRKR

What a great game this is. Figure I hated it on Ps2. But 1.5 HD is one of the best on Ps3! Dunno why, perhaps its the somewhat better controls and better visibility in HD widescreen. Or the FM extras.

Clocked 50 hours, and the only thing I've got left is the final boss. I beat all hidden bosses, got all synth items and should be able to beat the final boss blindfolded by now. I think I'm going to roll with OWA, shitty stats compared to UW but its very fast and has lovely flames.

I highly recommend using lethal frame if you have it, it causes a ridiculous amount of damage (like an entire bar). I actually beat him without him even attacking a single time. I did nothing but use sonic blade and lethal frame, with one of those attacks where you throw your keyblade and it stuns him (I forgot what it's called).

Lethal frame is like the best thing ever, I don't understand why more people don't recommend it.

I know you can cheap him out with Sonic Blade but I feel bad for doing that :lol. I usually use the same ''normal'' deck for the entire game with the exeption of removing elemental magic cards if they are in the way (for example thunder cards for
Larxene
or whatever.)

The thing that annoys me in some games is things like that. It isn't cheating in any way, it is playing 100% by the games rules and not exploiting anything but it is absolutely broken even on proud mode. One of the best ways to spot a game that has a great balance is that it has lots of customization options and you are supposed to use every tool available to you while the game takes that into account and maintains a great balance depending on your difficulty setting. Sadly CoM is not one of those games by a long shot (neither is BBS by the way while it is wayyyyy better balanced than CoM).

So in a way I am crippling myself with my deck to make it not too easy. Sadly it is quite shitty situation unlike something with a way better design in mind like KH2FM lvl 1 run where crippling yourself is entirely made with the game in mind and a design choice.

Anyway, I did beat him in the end and
Larxene 2
. Nearing the ''end''.

Finalow

oh well, didn't know that
Phantom
was a fucking pain in the ass. I was like "yeah let's try this boss with no preparation whatsoever, it's gonna be easy anyway" - nope.

anyhow is there a way to know where the trinity marks that I missed are? I just need one blue and one green to complete them all but I'd like to avoid to search every world again.

oh well, didn't know that
Phantom
was a fucking pain in the ass. I was like "yeah let's try this boss with no preparation whatsoever, it's gonna be easy anyway" - nope.

anyhow is there a way to know where the trinity marks that I missed are? I just need one blue and one green to complete them all but I'd like to avoid to search every world again.

No but I guess you could think what you have missed most likely. For green I think the easiest one to miss might be the one in Deep Jungle since it is very hard to spot even when it is in the middle of the room. Entirely green with leaves, the room that connects tunnel and treetops IIRC.

For blue it probably could be in Monstro or Hollow Bastion dungeon. IIRC you could have missed the dungeon room if you didn't smash the wall with Beast. There is a save point there.

Finalow

No but I guess you could think what you have missed most likely. For green I think the easiest one to miss might be the one in Deep Jungle since it is very hard to spot even when it is in the middle of the room. Entirely green with leaves, the room that connects tunnel and treetops IIRC.

For blue it probably could be in Monstro or Hollow Bastion dungeon. IIRC you could have missed the dungeon room if you didn't smash the wall with Beast. There is a save point there.
that's probably the green I missed.
I'm pretty sure I did the blue ones in Monstro and HB. well, I guess I have to search for it. while I'm at it I could grind some materials, what are the most difficult to get?

Iceblade

Christ, farming for synthesis materials takes forever -_-

I hear ya, man. Doesn't help that the game makes you go for repeat items, especially with the way the list is segmented in that you can only unlock certain synthesis items after completing the ones before it.

Vashetti

Banned
I hear ya, man. Doesn't help that the game makes you go for repeat items, especially with the way the list is segmented in that you can only unlock certain synthesis items after completing the ones before it.

I think the only way I'm gonna defeat
Sephiroth
on Proud is to make the Ultima Weapon and x3 Ribbons.

It's going to take an eternity.

Bukana

I think the only way I'm gonna defeat
Sephiroth
on Proud is to make the Ultima Weapon and x3 Ribbons.

It's going to take an eternity.

I still think
Ice Titan
is harder.
Sephiroth
is just like
Cloud
, only faster and more brutal.

I know you can cheap him out with Sonic Blade but I feel bad for doing that :lol. I usually use the same ''normal'' deck for the entire game with the exeption of removing elemental magic cards if they are in the way (for example thunder cards for
Larxene
or whatever.)

The thing that annoys me in some games is things like that. It isn't cheating in any way, it is playing 100% by the games rules and not exploiting anything but it is absolutely broken even on proud mode. One of the best ways to spot a game that has a great balance is that it has lots of customization options and you are supposed to use every tool available to you while the game takes that into account and maintains a great balance depending on your difficulty setting. Sadly CoM is not one of those games by a long shot (neither is BBS by the way while it is wayyyyy better balanced than CoM).

So in a way I am crippling myself with my deck to make it not too easy. Sadly it is quite shitty situation unlike something with a way better design in mind like KH2FM lvl 1 run where crippling yourself is entirely made with the game in mind and a design choice.

Anyway, I did beat him in the end and
Larxene 2
. Nearing the ''end''.

Yea the balance in the game is pretty horrendous. They give you all these cool abilities but it ends up that you'll probably only need to spam two or three of them to beat the game. It isn't until the
Marluxia II and III
fights at the end that you actually need to use a different strategy
which is just filling your deck with nothing but high level cards and pressing the X button.

Doing my Beginner run through KH 1 and then Standard before I play Chains.

So far I've been 4 hours in and I already finished Agrabah lol. Its insane how easy this mode is so far.

Have to be careful though as I'm pretty low leveled around the early 20s lol.

Chose Shield and gave up Staff. (Screw AP you don't need all those abilities in beginner mode and no way am I giving up Sword!)

So I just bought this game, and before it arrives I was wondering what difficulty should I play it on? Bearing in mind that I have played Kingdom Hearts 1 when it first released? I was thinking Proud mode, is it any different in the final mix as opposed to the vanilla game?

So I just bought this game, and before it arrives I was wondering what difficulty should I play it on? Bearing in mind that I have played Kingdom Hearts 1 when it first released? I was thinking Proud mode, is it any different in the final mix as opposed to the vanilla game?

Its a lot harder I'll tell you that right now. But if you've played Vanilla KH then you should be good. Especially if you played Proud in the original.

There are some differences noted in the OP but I'll spare you the trouble.

1. More heartless and some recolors of bosses.
2. Synthesis is a pain in the ass and takes longer to get Ultima Keyblade
3. 1 more Secret Boss this time around
4. Some abilities have been nerfed such as MP Rage and some costs have been changed.
5. New abilities and a lot more AOE damage
6. Graphics are improved
7. #TeamSword is the best. Always go with Sword for your choice!
8. Some treasures have changed locations or content and trinities cannot be missed.

Thats pretty much it.

It's a lot. In order of difficulty:
Proud >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> US Expert > Standard > US Normal > Beginner

Fidelis Hodie

Infidelis Cras
It's a lot. In order of difficulty:
Proud >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> US Expert > Standard > US Normal > Beginner

And it feels so very, very good.

My little brother and I were racing to see who could finish with just the kingdom key first . . needless to say I bitched out at Riku 2 after almost beating him 4 times. The second I switched I destroyed him.

edit:

Was meandering around at LV. 81 with my ultimate weapon, destroying secret bosses, decided to say screw it and beat the game.

The second Simple and Clean comes on, tears in my eyes, if only for a second and nostalgia sake. Can't believe I was like 15 when I first beat this game. Such a crazy feeling.

SkylineRKR

Is it normal that with Air Combo Plus abilities on, the Hurricane blast hardly comes off? I mostly get it when I unequip those abilities.

fuck those sniper wild heartless and whoever made them.

Yeah, they are annoying and the drop rate isn't guaranteed either. But you don't need many power stones if all you want is UW.

They are easier with a very high magic stat, as Stop lasts much longer. But a high attack stat is worth it as well so they can be beaten with 3 hits. Even with Stopga I sometimes fail on the third one. Its best to roll to him and cast it again.

Atlantica is so annoying! Wasted almost 1 hour trying to beat the world. Ahh well, almost to Neverland and the end of beginner mode. Just 3-4 more hours should do it. Currently at 5 hours and 36 minutes into the game.

BHK3

Banned
Is it normal that with Air Combo Plus abilities on, the Hurricane blast hardly comes off? I mostly get it when I unequip those abilities.

Yeah, they are annoying and the drop rate isn't guaranteed either. But you don't need many power stones if all you want is UW.

They are easier with a very high magic stat, as Stop lasts much longer. But a high attack stat is worth it as well so they can be beaten with 3 hits. Even with Stopga I sometimes fail on the third one. Its best to roll to him and cast it again.

or you can just summon mushu and possibly go through 2 cycles of them with no effort at all...

Top Bottom