• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD ReMIX |OT| Sora is Everyone... in HD

McNum

Wow, I'm getting beat up by the Hades Cup. Got up to Cloud and Leon and getting that far wasn't easy. Cerberus is mean. I forget, should I focus on Cloud or Leon first? It's hard to get an opening on clud, and when I do, Leon hits me in the back. At least with Leon I could deflect his fire blast back at him for a free combo... as long as Cloud is busy beating up Donald and Goofy.

Wow, I'm getting beat up by the Hades Cup. Got up to Cloud and Leon and getting that far wasn't easy. Cerberus is mean. I forget, should I focus on Cloud or Leon first? It's hard to get an opening on clud, and when I do, Leon hits me in the back. At least with Leon I could deflect his fire blast back at him for a free combo... as long as Cloud is busy beating up Donald and Goofy.

I usually focus on Leon first.

Well, in any case, I'll pick it up tomorrow to try again. I wonder if the "?????" option is the Gold or Platinum match. I'm fairly sure I can take the Gold one, but the Platinum one would be... unfortunate for Sora.

Gold unlocks after Hades Cup so it's Platinum.

Ezi0

Just finished my Proud run. That gauntlet that leads to the final save point was relentless. I made it my mission to finish it tonight so I can play Kingdom Hearts 2 again later. Who knows how long 2.5 will take lol.

I will leave the beginner trophy for some other time :). Love this series so much.

Step

: | not changing equipment got so hard on the last world I can't do anything.

EDIT: Omg hahahahha. when I was about to kill the last two enemies to unlock the final door, one hit me so hard it send me flying to the hole in the wall and now I have to start all over again.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Hm, I wonder if this is overkill....

aSn0645.jpg

Jeels

Okay, all I have left is the last Atlantica gummi mission and I've been at it for days. Can someone give me their gummi layout they used on this or something. It's such a pain...

Holmes

Yeah. I'm taking a few days break before I attempt getting Defender and Wizard's Relic, and doing the gummi ship missions. I don't wanna burn myself out.

Just beat Vexen for the first time. Just spammed sonic blade/lethal frame with some fire magic thrown in. I feel like the non-Disney fights are just random luck that you get the right cards at the right time.

Jeels

Okay, all I have left is the last Atlantica gummi mission and I've been at it for days. Can someone give me their gummi layout they used on this or something. It's such a pain...

I'd also like to know whether the health/power pick ups count as picking up items.

Seda

For that one Atlantica mission, I found and followed a tip online to have a transform gummy. Since you can't pick up health, you can transform into another ship with full health.

Jeels

For that one Atlantica mission, I found and followed a tip online to have a transform gummy. Since you can't pick up health, you can transform into another ship with full health.

When I transform I don't have full health, I'm guessing that's because its ratio'd to however much percentage health your original gummi has?

Edit: False, I transformed at the beginning as a test, did not have full health. I think I'll need a way to give my original ship more health or this is never going to work....

Double edit: :) Didn't even need to transform. Finally got it to work. AHAHAHAHAHAH *Cries*

MogCakes

At lv60 now and have gotten counterattack and combo master. HOLY SHIT. Sora can now solo everything in Hades cup with ease. Talk about a spike in ability...

Still got a loooong way to go since I'm playing in short intervals; only just beat Agrabah.

I need to make sure I don't get into the optional missions / tournaments / secrets too much since before I know it my mood with this game will go from "happy happy joy joy" to "fucky fucky kill kill"

Got my Ultimate Weapon. Actually had to grind Mythril Shards of all things. Drop rate is so bad. Getting Mystery Goos was fine, however.

Proceeded to beat Hades Cup and demolish everything in sight. Rock Titan went down far quicker than I remember*. Beat Ice Titan as well. I remember having a difficult time with him all those years ago. Now he's just annoying since he won't always do the small icicle move. And then there's Sephiroth. Things haven't changed, old friend. I'll have to use the cheap Strike Raid tactic on him, I guess. The guy is so much easier in KHII, I swear! Kept fluffing the timing on Exlirs, bleh!

Otherwise just need to beat the other optional bosses, find the last 2 Trinities and puppies and beat the boss. No thanks Gummi ship missions.

*Younger, inexperienced days.

Dobkeratops

OT Hard Carry
Beat Ice Titan as well. I remember having a difficult time with him all those years ago. Now he's just annoying since he won't always do the small icicle move.

did you have aero on?

And then there's Sephiroth. Things haven't changed, old friend. I'll have to use the cheap Strike Raid tactic on him, I guess. The guy is so much easier in KHII, I swear! Kept fluffing the timing on Exlirs, bleh!

No need for elixirs if you can learn his pattern and keep an eye out for signs that he's going to use heartless angel (fast glide to him and get some free hits to cancel the cast).

The KHII battle was so disappointing in comparison

Andrefpvs

I was going to do the Gummi ship trophies on my Beginner save, but then I realised I'd have to go kill 4500 heartless to get one blueprint, so I said screw it and loaded my 100% journal Standard save to do the missions on.

Am I going to regret this?

I was going to do the Gummi ship trophies on my Beginner save, but then I realised I'd have to go kill 4500 heartless to get one blueprint, so I said screw it and loaded my 100% journal Standard save to do the missions on.

Am I going to regret this?

I dunno. I did them on proud and they ain't that bad.

Wow. I'm almost dissapointed.

When I heard all the rage about how horrible Ursula was, I thought I would be in for a massive ragequit fest of a boss as I'm playing on Proud.

But I breezed through her second form on my first try. I had more problems with her first form. Guess it's my fault for leveling in the colosseum and tackling Halloween town beforehand.

Just finished my Proud run. That gauntlet that leads to the final save point was relentless.
I'm glad someone mentioned this. I rushed my proud play through because I just wanted to get it over with so I could do a 100% run on beginner. Well I got to this gauntlet at level 48 I believe. BIG MISTAKE! I wasted an entire Sunday trying to beat it. Not only that, I went in to it with Oathkeeper and without Curaga. Derp. Once I came back with Divine Rose and Curage, it still took a couple tries but I finally managed.

The final sequence with all the bosses was a different story, but I eventually managed that too.

Edit: I went Wizard Relic hunting last night as it was the only thing I needed to get the staves trophy and I'm probably going to get lynched for saying this. It dropped within 10 wizards. I basically went to two places and I had it. I have to say, through the entire time playing the game, my luck with drops has been fantastic. The only trophies I have left at this point are the gummi blueprints, a normal (final mix) playthrough, and then the Platinum that comes with it. I told myself that I wouldn't end on doing gummi missions. I'm going to get my last trophy actually beating the final boss and listening to Simple and Clean. So good.

Groof

Wow. I'm almost dissapointed.

When I heard all the rage about how horrible Ursula was, I thought I would be in for a massive ragequit fest of a boss as I'm playing on Proud.

But I breezed through her second form on my first try. I had more problems with her first form. Guess it's my fault for leveling in the colosseum and tackling Halloween town beforehand.
My problem with her was just that it was so long and just kept dragging on for what seemed an eternity. It wasn't very difficult, just monotone and boring.

Got back into this after returning from vacation. Clayton was a pain but I breezed through the reverse armor. Onto Agrabah. Still a great game all these years later

did you have aero on?

No need for elixirs if you can learn his pattern and keep an eye out for signs that he's going to use heartless angel (fast glide to him and get some free hits to cancel the cast).

The KHII battle was so disappointing in comparison

I can't remember if I had Aero. Probably.

Just beat Sephiroth by going all in and just chasing him down. Works wonders. Plenty of HP and defense along with MP Rage. Surprisingly a lot easier. Now I'm not sure if this one is easier or KHII, heh. His omnislash wasn't a massive problem but occasionally Strike Raided through them and used an Elixir in a couple of spots as a "just in case". Beat him out of all SHA attacks, too (thanks to the rush down). The patient game just wasn't working for me. Usually it does haha. I remember trying rush down on Normal (original release) and I couldn't do that. Oh how times have changed...

Just MF and final boss left now before I drop the game (and watch 358/2 Days). Been a good (frustrating) ride retreading old lanes.

Quick question. Where is the chest that has Meteor Strike? I've been uo and down the map trying to find a chest I may have missed, but I don't see it.

edit: Nevermind. :/

White Mushrooms are rare spawns :lol. I trust you are not just running back and forth 2 rooms with Encounter Up equipped?

I meant, other rare spawns. Ha ha. I finally did get them to spawn at the tent, but I swear I tried like 30 times to get them to show up.

Just tried to beat
AnsenRiku
for the first time. The first 2/3 part of his HP gauge went pretty well. Dodge + slide dash, with a combo every now and then is slow, but really does the job.
Then came the last part... fuck. Any tips? ^^;

Just tried to beat
AnsenRiku
for the first time. The first 2/3 part of his HP gauge went pretty well. Dodge + slide dash, with a combo every now and then is slow, but really does the job.
I find hiding by the computers helps to avoid his ground energy attack. Other than that, glide everywhere and heal ASAP.

Meh. Having trouble with
Chernobog
. I'm Level 52 at the moment... Any tips / particular skills or equipment I should be equipping?

Make sure Aero is on and get behind his head. That's what I did, but then again, I was a bit higher in levels than you are right now.

McNum

Just tried to beat
AnsenRiku
When he starts glowing, jump and glide. If you have to land while he's dashing, jump as fast as you can again and glide. Stick to the outer rim of the arena while doing this to avoid the explosion. As soon as they happen, hit L1 to lock on again and DODGE. He's right on top of you. Once you know how to avoid that, it just becomes a meaner version of cat and mouse like it is in the beginning. Dodge and get a cheap hit in when you can. Don't expect a full combo.

Also keep your HP topped up since you never know when he is the one getting a hit in. Less than half HP means danger.

Finally, if you have any accessories that lower Dark damage, now is the time to equip them. Everything he does is Darkness elemental. Leaf Bracer is also great to have here.

Meh. Having trouble with
Chernobog
. I'm Level 52 at the moment... Any tips / particular skills or equipment I should be equipping?

Dip in and out after every 1 or 2 combos as he tends to do the eruption move. Use Ethers if you feel your MP drains too much. Otherwise standard, Aero and DEF items if you need a bump.

Edit: Just realised I've been doing every optional boss without Second Chance... hrrmmm.

Finalow

Just tried to beat
AnsenRiku
what last part? That fight is pretty easy tbh. when it gets all dark and riku becomes SSJ just jump and glide to avoid him.
with leaf bracer + second chance is almost impossibile to lose.

Dip in and out after every 1 or 2 combos as he tends to do the eruption move. Use Ethers if you feel your MP drains too much. Otherwise standard, Aero and DEF items if you need a bump.

Make sure Aero is on and get behind his head. That's what I did, but then again, I was a bit higher in levels than you are right now.

That's probably my issue, I get too greedy with combos and just keep going. He always gets me with that eruption attack. Is it just me, or does its range increase a bit as the battle progresses?

Are there any offensive spells that are particularly powerful against him?

Thanks for the answers, I'll try it again tomorrow.

what last part? That fight is pretty easy tbh. when it gets all dark and riku becomes SSJ just jump and glide to avoid him.

Just the part where he's constantly glowing. I can pretty much survive when he goes berserk without a scratch, but dealing damage is harder with the concern of a low MP bar in the back of my mind :p

Holy shiiiit. Just beat Riku IV without letting him get a single attack in, then beat Larxene II with exactly 1 hp left. I think I'm done for tonight.

Yuripaw

Banned
Hey guys, maybe you can help me out. So I've decided to try and grind my way to level 100 late game here. I've never done it before in KH, and I just wanna get to it after all these years, but I could use some help. Feel like I'm gonna go nuts grinding here in traverse town, and any way to speed that up would be appreciated.

I want to try and craft that EXP earring, but I don't have the materials. Where could I go to try and farm the materials for the earring? Also, if I can make multiples...do they stack? Like could Sora wear multiples, as well as Donald and Goofy to get more EXP bonuses?

Thanks ^_^

Top Bottom