• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD ReMIX |OT| Sora is Everyone... in HD

Guys, I got this game from Amazon today, booted up in my ps3 and got NO SOUND whatsoever.

Tried google but no success, am I screwed?

Guys, I got this game from Amazon today, booted up in my ps3 and got NO SOUND whatsoever.

Tried google but no success, am I screwed?
The game is known to cause some sound problems to some. Try forcing stereo/surround and whatever sound from ps3 settings to see if some of em works. It fixes some of the problems for some users.

Finalow

this is so fucking stupid.
[chain of memories] wasted 1 hour to grind for a card with the NUMBER 7 and they just don't drop it, even tried in a room with the roulette thing but nope, no number 7 in your cards. yaay

Psxphile

this is so fucking stupid.
[chain of memories] wasted 1 hour to grind for a card with the NUMBER 7 and they just don't drop it, even tried in a room with the roulette thing but nope, no number 7 in your cards. yaay

Low odds, presumably. Sucks but it happens. Going to a previous floor to battle will likely get you the card you want, but you'll have to give up your room progress on the current floor.

Stuart444

So... yesterday I started proud mode on KHFM using +shield, -staff, dawn. (ones recommended on the ps3 trophy website roadmap).

How likely am I to get frustrated (using the above options) when I get to/when preparing for "End of the World"? Almost regret going -staff since Gravity is so damned useful against Invisibles.

Also should I skip every world? Or any worlds if I want to get proud mode done as fast as possible? First time doing a mode above normal in a KH game.

And finally, I'm still on Destiny Island at level 6 or 7? Grinded on Riku to reach my latest level in any case. Good idea to grind some more before I leave? Since that Guard Armor in Traverse is a bitch to beat at the start even on normal mode to me. (Early levels, early abilities and stuff)

What do I need to do to hit the Pink Agaricus more than 30 times? I am trying to get the serenity power and it's starting to get a little
annoying.

Psxphile

Indubitably. Aeroga is the only one that can damage enemies by coming into contact with them. Basically free hits that count toward your total. You won't get anywhere until you learn the spell (by either opening the Yellow Trinity door in Neverland and claiming the spell inside a chest, or by collecting all Dalmatians... whichever one you haven't done yet).

Indubitably. Aeroga is the only one that can damage enemies by coming into contact with them. Basically free hits that count toward your total. You won't get anywhere until you learn the spell (by either opening the Yellow Trinity door in Neverland and claiming the spell inside a chest, or by collecting all Dalmatians... whichever one you haven't done yet).

Great, thanks a lot. Just got it and going for that item.

Aeroga is probably the most hardest/annoying spell to get in the game. Annoying because you pretty much need to collect the 101 dalmations and you can miss a ton of them. At least the other spells you get by defeating mostly enemies.

Another reason why #TeamSword is superior. ;b

One thing that is bad in that part is making Goofy and Donald attack the mushroom, but you have to use a glitch to get them stuck elsewhere in the PS3 version.

Aeroga is probably the most hardest/annoying spell to get in the game. Annoying because you pretty much need to collect the 101 dalmations and you can miss a ton of them. At least the other spells you get by defeating mostly enemies.

Another reason why #TeamSword is superior. ;b
As if! It's hard to get for a reason ;)

One thing that is bad in that part is making Goofy and Donald attack the mushroom, but you have to use a glitch to get them stuck elsewhere in the PS3 version.

As if! It's hard to get for a reason ;)

Well to be honest if they wanted to make the game hard then Curaga should have been the spell hidden behind all 101 dalmations.

Aeroga is really nice since it reduces damage and damaged back your enemies but having your HP restoration cut would make the game much harder. Getting Leaf Bracer really late would help as well.

Can't wait for KH II. Fighting Berserker and Dancer Nobodies will be a lot of fun. Along with all the hard bosses. BBS as well.

zeemumu

I'm playing through Dream Drop Distance a 2nd time on Proud mode, because once I got to The World That Never Was in my first playthrough, the story turned into a jumbled (but still pretty cool) mess, then evened back out again just before the last few boss fights.

Dancers are made easy by Magnet Splash when alone, but on THAT room... *shudders*

Welcome to hell.

Transport_to_Remembrance_KHIIFM.png

Psxphile

^ That entire hidden area in Hollow Bastion raises some questions, like why the area leading to and including the Garden of Assemblage looks very much like Castle Oblivion and the Org HQ at the heart of The World That Never Was. Was it another Org base at some point in the past? Perhaps another research facility built in secret by "Xehanort" before he split into his Heartless and Nobody forms?

I hope we get some answers in KH3. Actually, I hope they come clean with all that Chamber of Repose/Waking crap while they're at it too.

Welcome to hell.
Oh god, the berserkers and dancers and lancers and... stahp T_T

^ That entire hidden area in Hollow Bastion raises some questions, like why the area leading to and including the Garden of Assemblage looks very much like Castle Oblivion and the Org HQ at the heart of The World That Never Was. Was it another Org base at some point in the past? Perhaps another research facility built in secret by "Xehanort" before he split into his Heartless and Nobody forms?

I hope we get some answers in KH3. Actually, I hope they come clean with all that Chamber of Repose/Waking crap while they're at it too.
Isn't the last room basically a training ground for the Org? I assume they fought each other there.

wait, what is this, CoM? I'm still stuck vs Jafar. (lol)
seriously, I suck at this game, and I have no patience.

It's a room in the new dungeon that was added in KH2FM. You need to kill a ton of high level enemies that can pretty much one shot you in higher difficulty levels if you are not extra careful.

Finalow

It's a room in the new dungeon that was added in KH2FM. You need to kill a ton of high level enemies that can pretty much one shot you in higher difficulty levels if you are not extra careful.
I see.
oh, I was kidding, I wasn't really stuck against Jafar. just died one time. :v I guess that stupid 1 hour long grinding for one card made me lose that fight.

Prologue

Played against Leon for the first time and I easily beat him (final mix mode). I remember him being a lot harder and died with a few hits... I'm also level 9. Maybe I picked the wrong difficulty? I couldn't even beat this game when I was younger so i picked the standard mode.

Necrovex

I am in Hallow Bastion, and I forgot how difficult the (Boss Spoiler)
Riku
fight is. I get him down to the green bar, then he simply murders me. Any advice for him?

I am in Hallow Bastion, and I forgot how difficult the (Boss Spoiler)
Riku
fight is. I get him down to the green bar, then he simply murders me. Any advice for him?

When he does his mega attack just glide around the edges of the room. Learn to bait him to attack, dodge roll it and hit him right after. Remember to keep Aero on you at all times, equip elixirs ect.

Of course abilities like Leaf Bracer, Second Chance and Counterattack help a lot on that particular fight. So if you are missing some of that you could check if you gain em in a few levels.

For those curious, here's the level up chart for Sword, Staff, and Shield in Final Mix.

Code:
Level  Sword            | Staff            | Shield
6:     Slide Dash       | Stun Impact      | Slapshot
9:     Scan             | Treasure Magnet  | Berserk
12:    Slapshot         | Ripple Drive     | Tech Plus
15:    Counterattack    | Scan             | Guard
18:    Tech Plus        | Hurricane Blast  | Stun Impact
21:    Combo Plus       | MP Haste         | Scan
24:    Guard            | Air Combo Plus   | Lucky Strike
27:    Hurricane Blast  | Tech Plus        | Leaf Bracer
30:    -                | -                | Treasure Magnet
33:    Blitz            | Guard            | -
36:    Treasure Magnet  | Aerial Sweep     | Second Chance
39:    Ripple Drive     | Leaf Bracer      | Slide Dash
42:    -                | MP Rage          | Jackpot
45:    MP Haste         | Air Combo Plus   | Counterattack
48:    Second Chance    | Lucky Strike     | Critical Plus
51:    Stun Impact      | Slide Dash       | Hurricane Blast
57:    Vortex           | Counterattack    | Treasure Magnet
60:    Aerial Sweep     | Berserk          | Blitz
63:    MP Rage          | Jackpot          | Combo Plus
66:    Combo Plus       | -                | -
69:    Leaf Bracer      | Slapshot         | Ripple Drive
72:    Air Combo Plus   | Treasure Magnet  | MP Haste
75:    Treasure Magnet  | MP Rage          | Critical Plus
78:    Berserk          | Blitz            | Vortex
81:    Tech Plus        | Tech Plus        | Tech Plus
84:    Critical Plus    | Vortex           | Aerial Sweep
87:    MP Rage          | Combo Plus       | Combo Plus
90:    Lucky Strike     | Second Chance    | MP Rage
93:    Combo Plus       | Combo Plus       | Air Combo Plus
96:    Air Combo Plus   | Critical Plus    | Combo Plus
99:    Critical Plus    | Combo Plus       | Air Combo Plus
100:   Jackpot          | Critical Plus    | MP Rage
EDIT: Good catch, fixing. v

Also apparently equipping Exp 0 ability gives some defensive bonuses even at higher levels but you will not get any EXP from the fight of course. Only works on Proud mode tho since beginner and normal don't have it.

Necrovex

When he does his mega attack just glide around the edges of the room. Learn to bait him to attack, dodge roll it and hit him right after. Remember to keep Aero on you at all times, equip elixirs ect.

Of course abilities like Leaf Bracer, Second Chance and Counterattack help a lot on that particular fight. So if you are missing some of that you could check if you gain em in a few levels.

Thanks, Princess Kenny! Let's see how I manage with him now.

I started CoM and was just wondering how I should be leveling up. Should I focus more on HP and CP with the occassional level up in sleights?
More CP than HP, sleights always when available.

That's how I do it. HP is not nearly as important as having a great deck to use for sleights with good values and lot of cards.

Jigolo

Alright guys so I just finished the first game and I loved it. With a few minor annoyances being the camera, gummi ship sutff, and some of the platforming being clunky. Otherwise awesome game, I'm happy to finally dwell into the KH universe. Now I just have one question about the ending

So everyone ended up in their own world, does that mean after the credits Sora, Donald, and Goofy were in Mickey's world?

EDIT: Don't bother answering if CoM is a direct sequel. I'll find out soon enough if so.

Also do the games go in order from the way they are organized?

1 --> CoM ---> 385/2 days? --->2.5...

EDIT: Don't bother answering if CoM is a direct sequel. I'll find out soon enough if so.
CoM starts a few minutes/hours after KH1, so just keep playing ;)

In terms of release order, you're fine by following 1.2 and 2.5, altough I disagree on putting Days in the first collection because it should be played/watched after KH2 imo.
But since Lord Nomura-sama has spoken, you can play in the HD order: KH1 > CoM > Days > KH2 > BBS > Coded > DDD

In terms of timeline:
BBS > 10 years gap > KH1 > First half of Days > CoM > Last half of Days > KH2 > Coded > DDD

Alright guys so I just finished the first game and I loved it. With a few minor annoyances being the camera, gummi ship sutff, and some of the platforming being clunky. Otherwise awesome game, I'm happy to finally dwell into the KH universe. Now I just have one question about the ending

So everyone ended up in their own world, does that mean after the credits Sora, Donald, and Goofy were in Mickey's world?

The release order and the way it is best done is:
1 --> CoM --> 2 ---> Days ---> BBS--->Coded--->DDD

But you can do Days before 2 since it is chronologically before it. I just think 2 is best to do first so you get some introductions to the characters and plot elements the way they were meant to be. So it just is about if you can wait to do days after 2. The ''movie'' version in 1.5 can be a little tedious (tho then again so is the game but the narrative flow is much better in that one so pick your poison).

CoM shows the world they went to. And keep in mind Re:CoM is almost a direct port in terms of the way gameplay works and story filler from a portable ''side game'' so don't go expecting something like a proper sequel to KH1. It has its own thing going on while KH2, BBS and DDD follow the KH1 formula.

Yawnier

Banned
Just started this yesterday, I chose the shield and gave up the staff, but I wonder if I should of gave up the sword instead? Oh well I'm about 5 hours into this now and in the Deep Jungle (Tarzan) world.

I'm also dreading the Atlantica level when I get to it later on because of the maneuverability in it and that Ursula boss fight.

Finalow

Maybe I picked the wrong difficulty? I couldn't even beat this game when I was younger so i picked the standard mode.
yeah, the game is really easy, especially with some abilities that you get way earlier if you choose the shield.

anyway, CoM. I should grind for like 4 hours in order to unlock the doors in the last dungeon (the last one, uugh) so yeah, not going to finish this. bb

Yawnier

Banned
I'm at the whale Monstro now, so I only have like
5 or so new worlds left
? I'm breezing through this game so far lol, playing through it on normal this game is easier than what I remember being the last time I played it but I don't remember the mid - late worlds that well either.

Roubjon

So is there a trick to
getting out of that trap attack that The Unknown uses?
Most of the time I can just mash x to get lucky and get out if it quickly, but other times it just fucking kills me and it's so unfair yo. I'm level 75ish using Wild Rose as a keyblade, so I'm sure I could grind/get ultimate weapon to kill him faster so he doesn't use it as often or something, but I'm kind of dreading that. I'm also playing Proud mode.

So is there a trick to
getting out of that trap attack that The Unknown uses?
Most of the time I can just mash x to get lucky and get out if it quickly, but other times it just fucking kills me and it's so unfair yo. I'm level 75ish using Wild Rose as a keyblade, so I'm sure I could grind/get ultimate weapon to kill him faster so he doesn't use it as often or something, but I'm kind of dreading that. I'm also playing Proud mode.
Well the trick is to use the right command, look at your command menu. Mashing is bot the best way to go unless you really cant time it right.

Roubjon

Well the trick is to use the right command, look at your command menu. Mashing is bot the best way to go unless you really cant time it right.

It's just so damn fast. Does it work like a roulette wheel? If so I haven't taken the time to notice and it's probably easy to do lol.

Top Bottom