• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD ReMIX |OT| Sora is Everyone... in HD

Necrovex

I need more help, a 'regular' enemy is giving me some major hell. I don't remember this critter from the original version. Any advice on Stealth Solider? KH 1 Spoiler
I cannot seal the Hallow Bastion keyhole due to these two monsters. I hit them, but they disappear and reappear with full health.

I need more help, a 'regular' enemy is giving me some major hell. I don't remember this critter from the original version. Any advice on Stealth Solider? KH 1 Spoiler
I cannot seal the Hallow Bastion keyhole due to these two monsters. I hit them, but they disappear and reappear with full health.

Use stop on them.

There's actually a pattern, altough I don't remember it now. Pay attention to the first enemies that spawn in the room. If a Stealth Soldier appears and you don't want to fight it, reenter the room until the enemy set changes. This works with other special heartless too.

Necrovex

There's actually a pattern, altough I don't remember it now. Pay attention to the first enemies that spawn in the room. If a Stealth Soldier appears and you don't want to fight it, reenter the room until the enemy set changes. This works with other special heartless too.

I'll give that a try then. I cannot believe that heartless is whooping my ass. Whenever I face an enemy, boss included, a second time, I own them. But not these motherfuckers!

Roubjon

Man, I was trying to get some dumb item from that giant pink mushroom heartless in Deep Jungle where you have to hit it 100 times. Damn it's annoying. Any tips? I cast Aero, make sure Donald and Goofy aren't there, and also use Ragnarok, but I can only get it to like, 65 hits.

Man, I was trying to get some dumb item from that giant pink mushroom heartless in Deep Jungle where you have to hit it 100 times. Damn it's annoying. Any tips? I cast Aero, make sure Donald and Goofy aren't there, and also use Ragnarok, but I can only get it to like, 65 hits.

You don't have to hit it 100 times. You have to hit it at least 40 times, at which point every ten hits (40, 50, 60, 70, 80, 90) carries with it a small chance of dropping the item you need. 100 hits just *guarantees* a drop, but it's already possible to get multiple drops off of it in one go if you get lucky.

Jigolo

Got to Neverland in CoM before calking it quits and watching the rest on YouTube. I definitely liked the Days movie more than CoM the game.

Bring on 2.5 already. I really hope it's a summer release.

Got to Neverland in CoM before calking it quits and watching the rest on YouTube. I definitely liked the Days movie more than CoM the game.

Bring on 2.5 already. I really hope it's a summer release.

Well since they indeed announced the western release way earlier than last time and have been putting an english trailer out I have my hopes up for a May release.

Jigolo

I've been reading the Story tab on the KH wiki's on these games because the story does become confusing. I'm keeping it confined to the sorry tab so I don't run into much spoilers for future games.

That being said, 2 clears up the Days ending right? Because I'm confused as to where Roxas ended up

Edit: also passion isn't on Google play music all access :(

I've been reading the Story tab on the KH wiki's on these games because the story does become confusing. I'm keeping it confined to the sorry tab so I don't run into much spoilers for future games.

That being said, 2 clears up the Days ending right? Because I'm confused as to where Roxas ended up

KH2 starts right from where Days ended.

Yawnier

Banned
I'm not even sure how I did it lol, but I beat Maleficent dragon and Riku/Ansem. By far two of the hardest bosses of the game I've encountered at this point.

Roubjon

I managed to beat
Sephiroth and The Unknown back to back. Just like I remembered, Sephiroth is still the most fun fight in the game, especially when you aren't too over leveled and you have to think a little and not just button mash to win.
After I beat them both I lost all drive to actually make the Ultimate Weapon and just went on to beat the game.

Loved every second of it and I finished at around 37 Hours. It's still one of my favorite games, definitely. And I was super impressed by the remastered tracks the entire time, they all sound so much better. I can't wait to play KH2.5 because I haven't played KH2 in the longest time.

Yawnier

Banned
Just finished KH1, the home stretch with the
3 or 4 Ansem boss fights, especially where I ran out of elixirs
was challenging but great game.

I'm going to give Chain of Memories a shot even if I don't know if I will like it sometime before 2.5 rolls around, but not right now. Gotta finish Tales of Xillia first which I started a month ago lol.

Jigolo

Just finished KH1, the home stretch with the
3 or 4 Ansem boss fights, especially where I ran out of elixirs
was challenging but great game.

I'm going to give Chain of Memories a shot even if I don't know if I will like it sometime before 2.5 rolls around, but not right now. Gotta finish Tales of Xillia first which I started a month ago lol.

Yeah I really loved the first game. People tell me KH2 and BBS are better so I'm really excited. Didn't like CoM all that much. Played until Neverland and watched the rest on youtube. Days was awesome though

Yeah I really loved the first game. People tell me KH2 and BBS are better so I'm really excited. Didn't like CoM all that much. Played until Neverland and watched the rest on youtube. Days was awesome though

Really depends what you are looking for.

My favourite of the series is KH1 but despite it's similarity with KH2 in many ways they are totally different games also. Well the best thing is that if you liked KH1 and could stand the Days ''movie'' you will probably love KH2 too.

KH2 is also a weird beast because the Final Mix rerelease adds so much cool stuff and improves the base game that even some of the harsher critics of KH2 give some more credit to it. Sadly it was never released outside Japan until with 2.5 and even the fan translation was released very late so most hard core western fans were forced to go with no KH2FM at all or struggle with menu translation notes and such.

KH2FM is the most modern feeling game of the series certainly and the combat is most fluid, fast, flashiest ect. Feels like proper evolution of KH1 combat, quite big improvement even if I don't agree with some of the magic changes and totally useless summons. But even magic has some nice twists added so you can combo them and cast them while on the move if you have one of your magic heavy drive forms on. Drive forms are likely the most fun addition to the combat, it basically makes your character go into super mode and totally change the way your fighting style works. Like the most basic ones being Valor and Wisdom form. Valor form allows you to dual weild keyblades and move very fast and it's super fun if a little button mashy. Wisdom form turns your basic attack into projectile attacks and let's you cast magic freely while moving at the same time. Long story short the combat is really fun and smooth in KH2 and definite improvement over KH1, especially with faster camera that isn't quite as close to your character. Also the air combat is much more prominent than in KH1. Gummi ship segments are also MUCH improved over KH1.

But the stuff that KH2 falls short frustrate me even more so since the core ''game'' part of it was really pretty much everything I was hoping for and what they promised. The story part of it is one of the more prominent ones that get shat upon by critics. I don't hate it really like some people do but the one thing it does have a problem with is pacing which could have been really easily fixed to make more better flowing main story. Disney worlds do some pretty cool stuff but unlike KH1 where they were the heart and soul of the game and really connected to the main journey in KH2 mostly feel more tacked on (with few exeptions). They are a ton of fun still but I wish they really poured their love into binding the both universes.

The map design is much more linear and with fewer sidequests and little secrets to find but KH2FM improves on this. One of the biggest dissapointments was lack of any cool post game content but FM totally fixes that and adds 14 high level optional bosses to keep you interested after finishing the game.

I think perhaps the closest comparison between KH1 and KH2 would be DMC1 and DMC4 or something like that. My favourite as I said is KH1 but I still love KH2 (especially FM) very much, one of my favourite games ever no doubt. Also KH2 (the vanilla/original) is actually the favourite of the fans in the west if you go with some old polls and general discussion and FM adds much on top of that so you probably can't go wrong with KH2.

BBS (FM) is really great when it comes to handheld KH games. Really fun game and unlike CoM it plays almost exactly like 1,2 with more traditional action RPG approach. Some really cool ideas too on this one but it also has some problems that I think some of the biggest fans of this will notice when replaying it on the big screen and supposedly compare it to KH2FM that is part of the same collection. Really fun game tho and an exeptional game when you think that it is originally made for PSP that was released in 2004.

zeemumu

Hmm, what worlds haven't they done yet that would make decent levels?

I'm thinking Atlantis, Treasure Planet, Jungle Book, Sword in the Stone, and the Pixar movies would make pretty good levels.

I'm thinking Atlantis, Treasure Planet, Jungle Book, Sword in the Stone, and the Pixar movies would make pretty good levels.
The Great Mouse Detective would be one of my favourites that people seem to forget alot.

Yawnier

Banned

I'm pretty hype for BBS as I've heard a lot of good things about it, and I'm going to watch Days sometime.

Opinions on KH2 seems a bit mixed, but it's my personal favorite of the games in the series I've played. I enjoyed the flashier combat in 2 and didn't mind the slow start in Twilight Town, which seems to be you either you hate it or love it.

Oh man, I would love to see a Treasure Planet world but I can't see it happening as it is one of the more obscure somewhat recent Disney movies.

Oh man, I would love to see a Treasure Planet world but I can't see it happening as it is one of the more obscure somewhat recent Disney movies.

After getting a world based on a direct to DVD Disney film (Country of the Musketeers), I don't think any Disney animated feature is out of the question at this point.

I got a question about the gameplay. Lets say I'm in a boss battle, am I supposed to heal Donald and Goofy or am I simply supposed to equip them with potions so they heal themselves? I've noticed that sometimes Donald will be dead (has stars over his head) and will come back to life even if he has no items equipped to do so.

Donald and Goofy automatically revive from KO's after a set period of time passes. (Around a minute and a half, IIRC) They get abilities that shorten said waiting period somewhere down the line, as well.

Donald and Goofy automatically revive from KO's after a set period of time passes. (Around a minute and a half, IIRC) They get abilities that shorten said waiting period somewhere down the line, as well.

Yeah, this. Sometimes you want to revive them in the early game, but I'd stock Megapotions for that, honestly. Once you've got Cure, Goofy will be resilient enough that that shouldn't be an issue, and Donald gets Once More (iirc) reasonably fast.

KH2 dealt with this by thoroughly rebalancing the way that Cure spells work.

zeemumu

The Great Mouse Detective would be one of my favourites that people seem to forget alot.

A Frozen world would be cool too, but odds are the dev's have already made their decision on which worlds are going in so it's probably too late for Frozen. Another pirates world with Davy Jones might be a possibility.

Well, I've finally done my Proud run. I kind of dreaded it but in the end, it was alright. Ursula and Maleficent 2 weren't as awful as expected and I finished the game at level 48 and a 18 hour clock (I'm fairly certain I've left the game run for 2-3 hours on pause so in hindsight I guess I could have tried to go for that speed trophy).

Welp, on to that easy speed run!

A Frozen world would be cool too, but odds are the dev's have already made their decision on which worlds are going in so it's probably too late for Frozen. Another pirates world with Davy Jones might be a possibility.

OMG I would love a Frozen world and Elsa being playable. They need to do this.

ubercheez

Man, screw that second Ursula fight. I wound up circling the edge forever while my party slowly chipped her last health bar down.

Ultimadrago

Hey guys, starting on Kingdom Hearts Proud Mode right now and would like to know any good Power Leveling locations to look out for in the future of my run. Thanks

Hey guys, starting on Kingdom Hearts Proud Mode right now and would like to know any good Power Leveling locations to look out for in the future of my run. Thanks

Pegasus Cup in Herc's world. At the end is Leon and Yuffie tag team. Easy to beat and about 2000 exp per battle. Good for leveling through the 30s and 40s.

Later on it will be the Hades cup with the Rock Titan.

Prologue

How far am I until the end? 30 hours in.

Beat Riku/Ansem and stabbed my self with a keyblade

Funny enough, I had extreme trouble beating the prior boss when I was younger. I'm talking days of tries. R/A only took like two tries. Complete opposite this time around for whatever reason lol.

How far am I until the end? 30 hours in.

Beat Riku/Ansem and stabbed my self with a keyblade

Funny enough, I had extreme trouble beating the prior boss when I was younger. I'm talking days of tries. R/A only took like two tries. Complete opposite this time around for whatever reason lol.

Very close to the end.

Like, 3 hours till it's over or something like that.

As for why it's easier for you this time of course it could be because of lvl/skill difference but in the HD version you might have one of the most powerful abilities ''Leaf Bracer'' that wasn't in the original. Also the difficulties are a little different. If you are playing on ''Final Mix'' difficulty it's easier than the ''Standard'' from the original release. ''Final Mix:proud'' is harder than the ''Expert'' of the original tho.

Ultimadrago

Pegasus Cup in Herc's world. At the end is Leon and Yuffie tag team. Easy to beat and about 2000 exp per battle. Good for leveling through the 30s and 40s.

Later on it will be the Hades cup with the Rock Titan.

By the way, anything for early on? I'm level 6 and am getting walloped more than I'd like. lol

By the way, anything for early on? I'm level 6 and am getting walloped more than I'd like. lol

Cycle through each world's areas 3 times. Say Traverse Town Areas 2-3, 3 times. Should give you 2-4 levels per cycle with killing all the heartless.

Level 10 is usually enough to kill the Guard Armor and move on to Wonderland. Level up at least by 3 and you should be good for the next world. Its harder in the later worlds where you want to level up by 5 per world. That and make sure to save Atlantica for later. Ursula can be quite a pain in the ass.

zeemumu

OMG I would love a Frozen world and Elsa being playable. They need to do this.

I don't know if she would be playable, but definitely have her as a magic-using party member, but who would be the main boss? Snow heartless, maybe? I still think it might be too late to add Frozen to the planet list unless Disney deliberately had Square Enix hold off on development until after Frozen was released, which would explain why we've only seen one Disney world for now (Hercules). It would be pretty cool though.

A lot of the lesser known movies (Treasure Planet, Atlantis, Dinosaur) are excellent material for worlds. They have large-scale worlds and clear-cut antagonists that can act as secondary/final bosses.

I know that most Disney rides have movies that were in the Kingdom Hearts games in some form of another and rides are supposed to be a power, but I'd really love to see a Haunted Mansion world. Not one based on the movie, one based on the ride. The mansion is large enough to be it's own world, especially with the Graveyard included. It would be as large, if not larger than, Beast Castle. Ghost Heartless are already a thing from Nightmare Before Christmas, most of the mansion is already a deathtrap, Hatbox Ghost could be the party member. I think it would be worth some consideration. What do you guys think?

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
This game is starting to get on my nerves. Agrabah was a total pain in the ass (although admittedly the bosses were pretty easy). I feel like the combat gets pretty luck-based at times when you have all sorts of enemies spawning (flying enemies, mages, enemies that can toss their weapons at you, and those big fat dudes that can only be attacked from the back). The Cave of Mystery fight in particular (or Cave of Wonder, or whatever it's called) really tested my patience.

How far into the game am I? And does the combat get easier over time or should I expect it to only get more difficult from here?

This game is starting to get on my nerves. Agrabah was a total pain in the ass (although admittedly the bosses were pretty easy). I feel like the combat gets pretty luck-based at times when you have all sorts of enemies spawning (flying enemies, mages, enemies that can toss their weapons at you, and those big fat dudes that can only be attacked from the back). The Cave of Mystery fight in particular (or Cave of Wonder, or whatever it's called) really tested my patience.

How far into the game am I? And does the combat get easier over time or should I expect it to only get more difficult from here?

What were your choices for the beginning such as Sword, Staff or Shield?

Also what level are you right now? What mode as well? These 3 things can add up to a completely different experience.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
What were your choices for the beginning such as Sword, Staff or Shield?

Also what level are you right now? What mode as well? These 3 things can add up to a completely different experience.

I'm level 23, I chose Staff and gave up Sword I think. And I chose Dead of Night.

Fire/thunder
Fire

#teamstaff

How does Fire help against the fatsos? The fire travels in a straight line towards them, so it'll hit them in the front.

Gravity up the fatsos, then give 'em a pat in the back.

I must be missing something. What's gravity? I don't think I have that spell yet.

I'm level 23, I chose Staff and gave up Sword I think. And I chose Dead of Night.

How does Fire help against the fatsos? The fire travels in a straight line towards them, so it'll hit them in the front.

I must be missing something. What's gravity? I don't think I have that spell yet.

The belly defence only blocks normal attacks. All special attacks and magic ignore it. When I was playing on my staff run I just rapid fired some fire spells at them and they were dead with no problem.

Gravity spell does damage depending on the enemy HP so it's good for high hp enemies too (tho I preferred just fire spam). You can first get it by completing the Phil Cup at the colisseum.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
The belly defence only blocks normal attacks. All special attacks and magic ignore it. When I was playing on my staff run I just rapid fired some fire spells at them and they were dead with no problem.

Gravity spell does damage depending on the enemy HP so it's good for high hp enemies too (tho I preferred just fire spam). You can first get it by completing the Phil Cup at the colisseum.

Ah, that makes a lot of sense. I will use spells on the fatties.

Facepalm at you guys saying use Fire. Did you forget there are Fat Bandits that aren't effected by Fire in Agrabah? Use Blizzara instead.

Anyways this is why Staff is hard to play as in Proud mode. You need a huge MP bar to have good damage with your spells. The spells themselves aren't good until you get the aga tiers aka Firaga, Blizzaga, Thundaga and so on.

You gave up Sword which makes your attacks much weaker in battle. This leads to enemies taking longer to kill if you use your keyblade for combat more than magic.

Have lots of Ethers in the items slot is the only advice I can give you besides using MP heavy Keyblades such as the Spellbinder.

As for how much of the game you have left. About 1/3 left since you pretty much beat Agrabah. Neverland is the last world before the finale starts with the final 2 worlds appearing.

You want to finish the Hades cup ASAP to get the better spells.

Edit: Oh and level 23 is kind of low in proud mode and to be almost finished with Agrabah. You want at least level 25+ and 27 is a good one to stop at for that world.

Did you forget there are Fat Bandits that aren't effected by Fire in Agrabah?
Fire does work on Fat Bandits.

Get outta here teamsword! Your melee attacks are the ones that don't work on em!

The spells themselves aren't good until you get the aga tiers aka Firaga, Blizzaga, Thundaga and so on.

Gooby pls even in agrabah you destroy everything with normal fire spell if you equip mp boost accessories. Even more so when you get spellbinder soon after that and have fira.

Top Bottom