• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD ReMIX |OT| Sora is Everyone... in HD

No I'm not using Aerora, just Cura. The problem is I can dodge most of his attacks but whenever I try to hit him my attacks don't stun him so I'll get a hit or two in then he'll retaliate and seriously hurt me.

Thats your #1 problem right there. Use Aerora and suddenly you will be laughing at the amount of damage Riku can do to you. Add an Elixar into your item list and you can have full MP back whenever you want.

Also once you get your first hit off on Riku, just dodge to the side and let him slam his sword down on the ground. Then you can get a couple more hits. Rinse and repeat.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Thats your #1 problem right there. Use Aerora and suddenly you will be laughing at the amount of damage Riku can do to you. Add an Elixar into your item list and you can have full MP back whenever you want.

Also once you get your first hit off on Riku, just dodge to the side and let him slam his sword down on the ground. Then you can get a couple more hits. Rinse and repeat.

Alright I'll give it one more shot but I doubt I'll be able to get past this douche. I tried a few more times and kept getting my ass handed to me so I decided that my time with KH1 has come to a close. I have too many games in my backlog and I'm practically at the end of the game anyway.

Alright I'll give it one more shot but I doubt I'll be able to get past this douche. I tried a few more times and kept getting my ass handed to me so I decided that my time with KH1 has come to a close. I have too many games in my backlog and I'm practically at the end of the game anyway.

Aero is a very good spell. I'm surprised more people don't use it. It halves most damage or something like that.

Aeroga can actually kill weakened heartless and deflect all weak attacks completely.

At level 80ish, Yuffie's shurikens bounce off my Aeroga barrier and same with Leon's sword hits. I feel bad for them sometimes lol.

Just keep a couple of Elixars handy for those moments when your MP and HP is down.

RPGCrazied

So slow. Still haven't beat the game. I blame my back log and just playing other things. Once I do, I watch the days movies before moving on to re:com?

So slow. Still haven't beat the game. I blame my back log and just playing other things. Once I do, I watch the days movies before moving on to re:com?

CoM is 100000% supposed to be done before Days.

If you want to do it the most optimal way possible in terms of story flow you'd want to do KH2 after CoM and then Days. But in terms of this collection alone you could watch Days after CoM.

edit: Also the latest numbers for US sales of 1.5 according to Creamsugar is 438k. Add to that the ~200k+ from japan and whatever mystery number from europe+rest and hopefully the collection can crawl up to close a million. Not too shabby for a HD rerelease!

I honest to god don't think there's a problem with watching Days before playing KH2.

KH2's opening is way better if you're like "man Roxas got a tough break, good thing he'll eventually get absorbed back into Ventus as The Lord God Nomura-Sama intended" instead of "wtf who is this incredibly boring and maudlin child"

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, also this. Difficult-to-deflect keyblades are ridiculously great in KH1 against bosses.

I was using Spellbinder since I chose staff and use Ripple Drive, but it doesn't seem to do me much good. Should I switch over to Three Wishes instead? I don't have Ultima Weapon.

I was using Spellbinder since I chose staff and use Ripple Drive, but it doesn't seem to do me much good. Should I switch over to Three Wishes instead? I don't have Ultima Weapon.

Go grab yourself the Lady Luck keyblade from Wonderland if you want to have a more MP heavy keyblade. It's obtainable once you got the white trinity ability. It gives +2 MP like spellbinder but has better strenght as well.

Tho you might want to use Olympia (you get it from Olympus Coliseum) for that particular boss indeed. Lady Luck is the best mage weapon for late game after Spellbinder until you get Diamond Dust/Ultima Weapon that are basically post game weapons anyway.

Go grab yourself the Lady Luck keyblade from Wonderland if you want to have a more MP heavy keyblade. It's obtainable once you got the white trinity ability. It gives +2 MP like spellbinder but has better strenght as well.

Tho you might want to use Olympia (you get it from Olympus Coliseum) for that particular boss indeed. Lady Luck is the best mage weapon for late game after Spellbinder until you get Diamond Dust/Ultima Weapon that are basically post game weapons anyway.

Yeah, basically the MP-heavy route is great with Ripple Drive because you pump out ridiculous damage, *but* it's not great against Riku's final stage because he barely ever even lets you get a combo finisher off if you can't manage deflection.

Blocking and reflecting his ranged attack is good even in his final stage, though, IIRC.

This is the problem with choosing Staff over Sword like I keep saying. You shouldn't have Ripple Drive equipped vs Bosses anyways. Use Ars Arcanum instead.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
This is the problem with choosing Staff over Sword like I keep saying. You shouldn't have Ripple Drive equipped vs Bosses anyways. Use Ars Arcanum instead.

I have Ripple Drive and Ars Arcanum both equipped.

I'll go pick up Lady Luck and see if that helps. Is Lady Luck one of "hard to deflect" keyblades?

I can never predict Riku's ranged attack so reflecting it probably won't work out very well for me.

I'll go pick up Lady Luck and see if that helps. Is Lady Luck one of "hard to deflect" keyblades?

I can never predict Riku's ranged attack so reflecting it probably won't work out very well for me.

Riku telegraphs pretty clearly which attack he's about to do for the most part (outside of his normal melee combo). You're battling the camera a lot in this fight though.

Groof

Still haven't beat this. Right before the final boss, stopped while synthesizing items. Damn tedious and Tearaway + GTA5 stole all my attention. Need to hop back on this sometime before 2.5 is out.

Deflecting and stronger magic are never on the same keyblade, except for UW. If you equip Olympia and Counterattack, the Riku fight becomes a game of mashing O to win, because he isn't strong enough to repel deflecting keys.

Psxphile

What were your choices at the beginning of the game (both the weapon choice and the sentences)?

When I used to play Vanilla KH I pretty much always chose Sword except for once or twice I felt the need to experiment with Shield or Staff. It the beginning I didn't know what the questions pertained to until a visit to GameFAQs cleared things up. If I was in the mood to 100 percent everything I went with Dusk/Night, and if I just wanted to clear the game fast then I chose Dawn. I never purposefully went for Mid-day.

So far I've only played through HD Final Mix twice: Normal w/ Staff + Dusk, and Beginner w/ Sword + Dawn. When I tackle Proud mode, I'll be doing Shield + Dawn. Or Dusk. I'm still thinking about it.

Just beat Final Mix on Proud. Holy Hell, I don't remember Kingdom Hearts ever being that hard. I got stuck at Hollow Bastion nine years ago and quit, so I'm happy to have finally beaten it, and I don't necessarily regret cranking everything up to as hard as it could go (staff up, shield down, dusk), but it still felt like the game had some balancing issues. Why was it that the hardest fight in the game wasn't against the Devil, but the fight AFTER the fight against the Devil, an endurance match against otherwise unassuming mooks?

It remains a great game all around, but I don't think I'm breaking any hearts when I say that its presentation is far and away its greatest aspect.

Just beat Final Mix on Proud. Holy Hell, I don't remember Kingdom Hearts ever being that hard. I got stuck at Hollow Bastion nine years ago and quit, so I'm happy to have finally beaten it, and I don't necessarily regret cranking everything up to as hard as it could go (staff up, shield down, dusk), but it still felt like the game had some balancing issues. Why was it that the hardest fight in the game wasn't against the Devil, but the fight AFTER the fight against the Devil, an endurance match against otherwise unassuming mooks?

It remains a great game all around, but I don't think I'm breaking any hearts when I say that its presentation is far and away its greatest aspect.
Kingdom Hearts isn't really about Christian mythology and it's okay that Chernabog isn't the toughest fight in the game.

zeemumu

I've really always liked how the stories of the summons carry over from KH1 into KH2. I honestly didn't think any of the summon characters would remember Sora, but apparently summon uses are canon.

Andrefpvs

Hey guys, I'm about to start Re:CoM on the hardest difficulty setting. Any tips anyone could give? I already beat the game in "Normal", but I kinda abused some broken sleights :p

Hey guys, I'm about to start Re:CoM on the hardest difficulty setting. Any tips anyone could give? I already beat the game in "Normal", but I kinda abused some broken sleights :p
Abuse broken sleights harder :p

Also, obviously, make sure you use a treasure room card early in each world to get whatever card type or Sleight it unlocks for you as soon as possible. And learn Sleights as early as possible. Once you reach the right point you can basically grind effortlessly, but there will be a lot of Organization bosses that feel like serious choke points in terms of difficulty along the way.

Card points are more important than HP, generally

Yeah, that too. Once you've got enough CP you can build a deck that basically prevents the enemy from ever getting an attack off, which drastically reduces the importance of HP.

And don't be afraid to grind, either. Fights with non-boss enemies are all about abusing Sleights until everything is dead (you can feel free to use Sleights because you *really* don't need to be concerned about the longevity of your cards). Because of this, you should set up a regular-enemy deck and a boss-fight deck as early as it feels sensible to do so.

Oh and don't use Premium bonuses ever because they're fucking terrible.

Oh, and just as you should try to use Sleights to get through everything, you should also barely ever be using single cards except where you are using a 0 card to knock something else. Packs of 3 cards tend to prevent most enemies from being able to attack you at all, even if they don't result in a Sleight, and it's 100% worth the fact that your cards get permanently used up as a result (especially when you get item cards that reset this effect for you).

Get it right and Sora basically prevents enemies from ever being able to attack and you can finish them off before the cards removed from your deck become a big problem.

Bladenic

Damn it, the last three puppies I'm missing are in Never Land, the clock tower. I'm only level 60, doubt I could take Phantom right now. They really should have allowed you to return to Clock Tower without having to fight him. Or I shouldn't have forgotten about him activating once Hollow Bastion was sealed. Oops.

Damn it, the last three puppies I'm missing are in Never Land, the clock tower. I'm only level 60, doubt I could take Phantom right now. They really should have allowed you to return to Clock Tower without having to fight him. Or I shouldn't have forgotten about him activating once Hollow Bastion was sealed. Oops.

In Final Mix the puppies from clock tower were moved to a white trinity at the deck of the ship. There ain't no puppies at clock tower.

Bladenic

In Final Mix the puppies from clock tower were moved to a white trinity at the deck of the ship. There ain't no puppies at clock tower.

Oh thanks!!! Whew, now I get can Aeroga. I guess afterwards I'll farm materials as well as go for Time Attack and Solo on Hades Cup, maybe. Or do the final world till before the final boss.

Bladenic

I beat Ice Titan and I'm really disappointed in the Diamond Dust keyblade. I already have 11 MP since I chose Staff, and I can't justify the -10 attack power from Divine Rose for the MP and increased magic. Oh well.

I beat Ice Titan and I'm really disappointed in the Diamond Dust keyblade. I already have 11 MP since I chose Staff, and I can't justify the -10 attack power from Divine Rose for the MP and increased magic. Oh well.

Diamond Dust is definitely not as good as Ultima Weapon, *but* if you max out the highest possible MP using the right accessories and the Diamond Dust (even at the expense of HP/Str/Def), you can pull off some crazy-powerful room-clearing shit (and yes, it makes a well-timed Ragnarok ridiculously powerful).

Bladenic

Ugh I still have like 1-2 hours of material hunting left looking at the requirements for the final 3 weapons to be synthesized. Fuck whomever had the idea to make synthesizing much more of a pain in Final Mix.

On the upside, I'm level 82 and this should help me gain some more levels before I have to straight up grind. My first play through checklist:

1. Time trial Hades Cup
2. Beat Kurt Zisa and Sephiroth
3. Finish off synthesis
4. Gummi missions (ew) and blueprints or whatever
5. Get to level 100
6. Beat game (will be cake by this point already lol).

Then to do the two replays and should have platinum. Still looking at about 20-25 hours of gameplay overall. Yuck. KH2 might be even worse.

corn_fest

Ugh I still have like 1-2 hours of material hunting left looking at the requirements for the final 3 weapons to be synthesized. Fuck whomever had the idea to make synthesizing much more of a pain in Final Mix.

On the upside, I'm level 82 and this should help me gain some more levels before I have to straight up grind. My first play through checklist:

1. Time trial Hades Cup
2. Beat Kurt Zisa and Sephiroth
3. Finish off synthesis
4. Gummi missions (ew) and blueprints or whatever
5. Get to level 100
6. Beat game (will be cake by this point already lol).

Then to do the two replays and should have platinum. Still looking at about 20-25 hours of gameplay overall. Yuck. KH2 might be even worse.

why are you playing an entertainment product in a way that makes you hate yourself

Seriously. I'm so glad I stopped giving a shit about trophies. I played through the game once on Proud mode, beat everything that I cared about (e.g. everything that had to do with battling instead of Gummi ships), and called it done.

I fully plan to do the same with KH2 and BBS later this year.

Bladenic

I too thought I was over trophies but for some reason I feel the need to get it for KH. Perhaps because it's one of my favorite games ever. Dunno.

Either way I'm still having fun, otherwise I wouldn't do it. Finished synthesis, wasn't that bad at all gathering the items. Beat Sephiroth, now to get to level 100 (9 left).

I was alright with working for the KH:FM and KH:reCoM platinum trophies. It wasn't impossible, just time consuming. I took my sweet time and did it over an entire month and a half. By the end of it, I kinda liked the original KH more because FM's rare Heartless were really annoying to find/fight. KH:reCoM, was just an annoying grind. Luckily you can spam Mega Flare/Tornado as Sora, and abuse Dark Mode Skills as Riku.

Honestly, I just pray they don't have trophies for every difficulty in 2.5HD. I would be ecstatic if I could get all the trophies on a single Proud or Critical run. Whatever the hardest difficulty is in the FM versions of KH2 and BBS.

I was alright with working for the KH:FM and KH:reCoM platinum trophies. It wasn't impossible, just time consuming. I took my sweet time and did it over an entire month and a half. By the end of it, I kinda liked the original KH more because FM's rare Heartless were really annoying to find/fight. KH:reCoM, was just an annoying grind. Luckily you can spam Mega Flare/Tornado as Sora, and abuse Dark Mode Skills as Riku.

Honestly, I just pray they don't have trophies for every difficulty in 2.5HD. I would be ecstatic if I could get all the trophies on a single Proud or Critical run. Whatever the hardest difficulty is in the FM versions of KH2 and BBS.
Dat burnout after BBS 4x every character.

Psxphile

Dat burnout after BBS 4x every character.

Surely they won't...

They will.

They wouldn't...

They are, aren't they...

aVVLeX8.jpg

Top Bottom